Is training a body part twice a week enough for gains?

animo123

animo123

Death Before Dishonour
ive started training 4 times a week as opposed to when i was training 3 times a week doing a full body workout as it was very exhausting and i was in the gym for 2 hours at a time

Now im in the gym for less time and it easier to focus on each exercise and the mind muscle connection but is training a muscle twice a week sufficient/optimal or is 3 times better

My diet is on point and im getting at least 1g/lb of lbm because the disparity between my weight and lbm is quite big but i always overshoot by at least 20g

twice a week is fine
two hard sessions for beginners
one hard and one easy session for intermediates and advanced ppl

it's fine if you do mind muscle connection but remember for any routine to be effective you need to use progressive overload, especially if youre N-A-T-T-Y

gl hf

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, APJ and animo123
if you re a newbie you should train full body 3 times a week

• +1
Reactions: animo123
twice a week is fine
two hard sessions for beginners
one hard and one easy session for intermediates and advanced ppl

it's fine if you do mind muscle connection but remember for any routine to be effective you need to use progressive overload, especially if youre N-A-T-T-Y

gl hf
thanks bro
im looking to increase sets each week then up the weights hopefully that works

if you re a newbie you should train full body 3 times a week
Why?
Do you think training 4 times is diminishing returns
3 times was just way too long

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7651
Why?
didnt read your thread tbh now i did , why did you do 2 hours every gym session ? it increases cortisol too much and you wont recover well . tbh you can do 4 times as well but the best program for beginners is 3 times a week 1 hour each compound lifts only

• +1
Why?
Ignore him he's frauding. You can do whatever split you like and make gains as long as you recover. "Muh bro splits are bad bro!" seems to be a common trend nowadays. Ironically all pros use them though. Why? Because they train intensely and need a lot of time to recover. 5-6 is ideal IMO but 4 is still good. 3 is cope

• +1
Ironically all pros use them though
all pros will suggest 3 times a week full body workouts with coumpounds for beginners , splits are for pros , that s what all experienced lifters will suggest both irl and on bodybuilding.com , been there done that .
baffles me how you dont address the fact that he does 2 hour workouts but tell him "do as you please just recover bro" .

just do hard 3x2 PPL and get lean body mass x 2.2gr protein, you'll be huge.

• +1
all pros will suggest 3 times a week full body workouts with coumpounds for beginners , splits are for pros , that s what all experienced lifters will suggest both irl and on bodybuilding.com , been there done that .
baffles me how you dont address the fact that he does 2 hour workouts but tell him "do as you please just recover bro" .
Time frame is cope. Could be resting 5 minutes every set? Could warmup 15 mins. Might do a lot of feeder sets. Talk between sets. Etc etc

Training muscle group 2 times a week seems to be good. 3 times a week is good too if you can recover.

• +1
2x a week is good. Chances are you're doing <20 sets on each muscle group per week. Cope!

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10330 and animo123
2 times is fine, do the PPL, 6 days a week.

watch nucleus overload fastest way to make muscle by team 3d alpha just workout the muscle everyday watch the real science people will call dumb bt just watch it bro im seeing good results righr now

• +1
watch nucleus overload fastest way to make muscle by team 3d alpha just workout the muscle everyday watch the real science people will call dumb bt just watch it bro im seeing good results righr now
do you know how much lbs of muscle youve gained so far

honestly idk but i went from barely any muscle to a nice bulge trust me nucleus overload is best thing for muscle growth especially after working out the same muscle everyday for 30 days then taking a two week break from that muscle in the two week break from most experience that the youtubr (Team 3D alpha) has done the muscle literally blows up it litterally science backed any many people are starting to support it
do you know how much lbs of muscle youve gained so far

• Love it
honestly idk but i went from barely any muscle to a nice bulge trust me nucleus overload is best thing for muscle growth especially after working out the same muscle everyday for 30 days then taking a two week break from that muscle in the two week break from most experience that the youtubr (Team 3D alpha) has done the muscle literally blows up it litterally science backed any many people are starting to support it
yeah imma look into bro
thanks for the advice

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
It should be. With most muscles and going natural you need a minimum of 2 days off after training them hard. I think the exceptions were your core and calves which heal faster and you can work them after taking one day off.

• +1
I recommend full body 6 times a week have 1 day off it should give you the fastest gains and make sure you eat alot

• +1