Its about the numbers game

BrahminBoss

BrahminBoss

Brownmaxxing
I was going out alone last year and I got brutally rejected. Some woman looked at me with disgust, another one said "You can't afford me" mid conversation and then walked away. I kept approaching, then this happened

Now I'm going to leanmax and gymmax and start going out again doing this new routine.

• JFL
Reactions: the BULL and Manletmachine
@MoggerGaston @forevergymcelling @Manletmachine @Jason Voorhees

I wish I was there to cuck you

The interesting thing about ‘Exuvia’ is the parsimony of riffs when contrasted with the overall variety and fullness of the album from moment to moment. How is this achieved? Well, the whole thing works like a trance or meditation. But unlike my man Ildjarn, TROB make full use of drums and their ability to add texture and depth (especially in doom metal), and to change the very nature of how a riff is received. The production enhances this with the toms and bass drum coming through full and thick.

The other more obvious technique to stretch out these simple yet well crafted riffs is the tasteful layering of other influences atop this. One can hear elements of Dead Can Dance, of pagan influences a-lor Wardruna or Heilung, and of course some classic prog rock leanings as well. Of course, frugality is key to maintaining the impact of these elements throughout the album’s hour plus runtime. This brings us to the real key to this album’s success, the structure itself. It may be basic, built on a simple journey with a beginning, middle and an end, with tension and release worked throughout the middle, but sometimes the plainest of canvasses can give rise to the most powerful of artistic statements.

When mastery of the technical craft is in place, and allows these musicians to skilfully layer so much instrumentation atop one another, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the complexity of the compositions themselves. A simple build and release, or the gradual building of atmospheres atop a simple refrain will be all that is required to achieve the desired impact. There is a fluidity to the music, it ebbs and flows with varying degrees of intensity such that the direction of travel is allowed to unfold slowly, gradually, without the need for the most intricate of compositions.

‘Exuvia’ is a masterclass in executing an idea. It is stylised and ambitious, and every one of the many elements put to work are dropped into the mix perfectly.

My success rate is 1 in 10 000, and I'm halfway there.

• JFL
Reactions: the BULL, wollet2, MoggerGaston and 1 other person
666 is the number

its over

• +1
Reactions: Clown Show and BrahminBoss
Even I want to kiss white girls

• JFL
Reactions: brucewayne78, the BULL and BrahminBoss