It's over for me. (JAW SURGERY PEOPLE GET IN HERE NOW)

Reoreyh

Reoreyh

Bronze
Other thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/is-this-shit-salvageable-pics-and-cephs.407409/

Finally got my consultation with my surgeon a few weeks before my BSSO. While I am going through with it, I'm fucked. Totally fucked. 3 years of braces and $15,000 later and my problems are not going to be solved. I don't know what I'm going to do after my recovery is over and I see what I look like - because that'll be my looks cap. Suicide fuel for sure.

Turns out, my fate was set in stone the moment we started doing orthodontics. I don't understand how I failed to grasp or understand this, but I fucked up. After seeing my occlusal plane and ceph before and after braces, I realised that my surgery plan cannot be changed or altered in any way. No amount of data, desire, or money can change the fact that my pre-surgery orthodontics set me up for a result that is 100% functional and in no way will impact my appearance. I cannot receive any sort of jaw rotation, lefort, downgraft, or ANYTHING except a 7mm linear advancement of the mandible - I'm fucking devastated.

For those that don't know, pre surgery braces are done to bring the teeth to a predictable location for a surgical jaw advancement. The position of the teeth, especially horizontally, determines the amount of forward movement. So in my case, all they did was straighten the teeth and rotate a few canines to slide my bottom jaw up to them. No compensation for any sort of vertical movement or rotation. And there's no going back and "undoing" this orthodontic work to make another procedure viable.

I have a short face and chin with overbite AND overjet. My gonial angle is like 110'. I will gain ZERO lower third height and chin projection from this movement. I will gain ZERO profile forward growth as even the smallest passive jut I do every day far exceeds the advancement I'll be receiving. Absolutely nothing is going to change about the way I look. And the best part? This isn't even going to fix my fucking functional problems. Because we aren't rotating the mandible in any way, my molars STILL won't touch when he does the advancement. He insists ortho fixation will solve this problem post surgery - but all that means is that the pressure from my elastics will be enough to move/interfere with bone and the surgery? Are you kidding? Without an upper jaw movement that means my fucking ortho will cause a complete and total relapse.

TL;DR - ORTHODONTICS DETERMINE SURGICAL PROCEDURE - DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH AND EARN YOUR FUCKING MONEY BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING TO PREPARE FOR SURGERY. GO TO THE EXPENSIVE, FAMOUS ONES WHO HAVE PROVEN AESTHETIC TRACK RECORDS - PERIOD.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 17997, Preoximerianas, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 9 others
come russia there are best surgeons

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
come russia there are best surgeons
Literally I can't. Maybe I didn't make the point clear. I am past the point of no return. My braces set me up for a ONE possible procedure and that's it. Alfaro him self wouldn't be able to do anything different.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
@SixCRY @Acromegaly_Chad @Deusmaximus

• +1
Same. The cuck plastic surgeon told me to get rhinoplasty when I clearly had recession and an underbite and needed jaw surgery. Now I have to get bimax and then a revision rhinoplasty with grafting to restore my nasal bridge afterwards.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Yerico7, Preoximerianas and 3 others
I cannot receive any sort of jaw rotation, lefort, downgraft, or ANYTHING except a 7mm linear advancement of the mandible - I'm fucking devastated.
I don't really understand why you cant get lefort with downgraft. Can you please elaborate a bit?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15984
Same. The cuck plastic surgeon told me to get rhinoplasty when I clearly had recession and an underbite and needed jaw surgery. Now I have to get bimax and then a revision rhinoplasty with grafting to restore my nasal bridge afterwards.
You had a literal skeletal underbite and that piece of garbage had you do a rhino - knowing full well you'd need lefort? Jesus.
I don't really understand why you cant get lefort with downgraft. Can you please elaborate a bit?
Because my orthodontics were not done to compensate for that. My maxilla is in a "reasonable" position according to my surgeon. Any movements other than the ones intended from the beginning of ortho are off the table because the teeth would literally collide with one another because of their current positioning. Teeth position and rotation is very specific for jaw surgery.

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 7725
Occlusional plane doesn't look too steep. I don't see any short face syndrome.
As for the orthodontic treatment: Of course it can be reversed. Your ortho just doesn't want that so he keeps insisting that this is irreversible.

Also, I don't see ANY reason, why you can't get a linear lefort 1 at this point. The occlusion stays the exact same just that the overall advancement will be larger.

Apart from that: why didn't you get premolar extracted for larger mandibular advancements ?

Btw: I would pay so much for a jaw like yours. Recession is an easy fix, lateralization of a narrow jaw though is extremely hard... :feelsrope:

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
As for the orthodontic treatment: Of course it can be reversed. Your ortho just doesn't want that so he keeps insisting that this is irreversible.

Also, I don't see ANY reason, why you can't get a linear lefort 1 at this point. The occlusion stays the exact same just that the overall advancement will be larger.

Apart from that: why didn't you get premolar extracted for larger mandibular advancements ?

Btw: I would pay so much for a jaw like yours. Recession is an easy fix, lateralization of a narrow jaw though is extremely hard... :feelsrope:

Actually I think the reason given for the refusal to do a maxilla advancement has to do with a lack of bone mass in my lower jaw to support a larger movement than 7-8mm. So yes the maxilla could be moved but not my jaw. Also, would that not upturn my nose and increase my philtrum? My issues stem from super tight (but still small?) masseters that have pulled notches into my jaw and given me inward gonions.

I don't fucking know anymore. I used to think I had a handle on this stuff but I have no ability to argue with a surgeon. I just can't stand the idea that I've done all of this for very little aesthetic improvement. I just want to be attractive enough to have a modest gf who weighs less than I do and isn't a single mom. I don't need to be beautiful. Just PSL 5.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Pumanator, Preoximerianas and Acromegaly_Chad
Actually I think the reason given for the refusal to do a maxilla advancement has to do with a lack of bone mass in my lower jaw to support a larger movement than 7-8mm. So yes the maxilla could be moved but not my jaw. Also, would that not upturn my nose and increase my philtrum? My issues stem from super tight (but still small?) masseters that have pulled notches into my jaw and given me inward gonions.

I don't fucking know anymore. I used to think I had a handle on this stuff but I have no ability to argue with a surgeon. I just can't stand the idea that I've done all of this for very little aesthetic improvement. I just want to be attractive enough to have a modest gf who weighs less than I do and isn't a single mom. I don't need to be beautiful. Just PSL 5.
Some surgeons do not dare to do more than 10mm advancement, yes... thats a little fucked up for you. But slight CW Rotation could fix this a little.
Who is you surgeon? I went to several surgeons and orthodontists and argued with them, some even got mad because some 21 year old looksmax autist told them what they should do. But that's how things go and if your ortho doesn't agree or your surgeon, then tell them that you'll leave if they don't cooperate.

I don't know why your masseters should be an issue. Never heard of that.

Philtrum gets shorter with advancement.

And yeah I also hope to find a GF some day that isn't a used up roasty whore that has the physique of a fucking walrus

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03 and Deleted member 7725
@RealSurgerymax thozghts on this case?

you need a rhino and to lose weight you fat fuck, you look fine

• JFL
you need a rhino and to lose weight you fat fuck, you look fine
I'm fucking 12% in that picture bro. I just have no bones. Look at my hyoid bone in my ceph. It's comical.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
bro just reverse the ortho or move your teeths so you can get what you want. if they don't want to do it change your Ortho easy:y'all:

You fell for the meme. Just go to Dr Eppley theory is legit.

Plz provide a ceph

Ortho and Surgery can be modified

If your current occlusale plane is 15 degree for exemple, no amount of ortho will change, and during surgery u can get CCW.

Also u talked about ur chin. Jaw surgery is not gonna fix ur chin. Genio will so it's not correlated

If the ortho did align both arch then u can get jaw surgery with any desire movement even if the surgeon don't know ur ortho.

This seems like an unnecessary sperg tantrum. I don't understand why your orthodontic alignment can't be readjusted. Maybe you should get opinions from other surgeons.