Ive noticed people who eat more junk food grow taller

JovenCansao

JovenCansao

Kraken
Specially when young, but have also noticed that even people in their early 20s continue to grow a bit taller contrary to people who eats a "healthy and organic" diet
Is the food really modified to that extent?

Is that possible or am I coping?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Joe Rogancel, normie_joe, Mewton and 9 others
Define junk vs healthy and organic

• +1
Reactions: venomaly and poopoohead
Specially when young, but have also noticed that even people in their early 20s continue to grow a bit taller contrary to people who eats a "healthy and organic" diet

height is 90% gentaics

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52758 and BrahminBoss

More calories = more hgh/igf1 = more growth

• +1
Reactions: xayru
Fast food has gh in their meat

• +1
Reactions: KingCartierrr23, PoopyFaceTomatoNose, Joe Rogancel and 14 others
Low T = taller

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, niqfan625, BrahminBoss and 2 others
Might be true. Ik so many ppl with gyno who r tall
is gyno related to t? i think its just genetic
hamza has gyno and even when he testosteronemaxxed it didnt go away

Its true but to some point correlation is rather weak. High fat diet increases igf1

Cope I ate very healthy food growing up

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: niqfan625, Gaygymmaxx, poopoohead and 1 other person
its the opposite nigga

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52758
might be true tbh i also notice that people who were fat in their teens have good facial structures when they lean down and compact midfaces like i never seen a fat person with a receding chin or a long midface

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: xayru, andrei03, zura and 8 others
Sugar is good for heightmaxing bad for everything else

• +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: xayru, BrahminBoss, Napoleon1800 and 2 others
Processed sugars leads to spike in insulin and thus stimulates the production of igf-1.
Same with most type of junk food.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, poopoohead and lowerthirdking
When I was a boy I would eat like shit sometimes and barely drank water. And I still become 6’3 somehow lol.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, poopoohead and Deleted member 18582
Obese younger people have much lower growth hormone levels but they have much higher IGF-1 levels which equalizes in terms of height growth.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss and poopoohead
height is 90% gentaics
if 10% of height is environmental that means if two people had the same genetics and one had shit environment and the other had ideal environment one would grow to 162cm and the other 180cm

• +1
Reactions: xayru, andrei03, zura and 4 others
if 10% of height is environmental that means if two people had the same genetics and one had shit environment and the other had ideal environment one would grow to 162cm and the other 180cm
When we say 10% of height is environmental (and that's more 20% tho but i'll keep your analogy) it means that 10% of the variations in height proportionnally to genetic factors can be explained by environment, not that litterraly 10% of your actual height is due to environment.
Unless starving/severe hormonal issues (which are for the most part genetic) the variations between reached heught and genetic height are infinitely more modest (excluding other types of interventions ofc).

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52758, niqfan625 and poopoohead
D12f27ff0dea6067306b3727736ccef8

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 52758, BrahminBoss and 1 other person
Processed sugars leads to spike in insulin and thus stimulates the production of igf-1.
so eating no sugar from junk foods and candies is bad ?

so eating no sugar from junk foods and candies is bad ?
Well from a overrall health standpoint no but from a height growth perspective yes, added sugars (which are present in almost all industrial foods but are much more prominent in junk foods) increases igf-1 and explain partially why younger generations are taller.

• +1
Reactions: niqfan625, poopoohead, It Began and 1 other person
When I was a boy I would eat like shit sometimes and barely drank water. And I still become 6’3 somehow lol.
I was malnourished garbage eater and got top 3% bideltoid

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
worst cope of existence

at 6'3 almost no one voice mogs me, even dudes way taller usually have way higher voices
Modern tall humans are low t. Sure zoomers are much taller but it looks like wind could knock them over
Hahahahah

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 52758, rg1235 and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52758

people who genetically tend to be shorter tend to age less in general, also due to their culturally clean diet and not requiring to eat much in the first place.

How is that a different effect from non processed sugar

It's just sugar

All genetics. I was barely fed, I have always looked like a holocaust victim and grew to 6ft 2.

JFL its just genetics ur coping boyo

The reason for why junk food can lead to growth is told here :

Higher insulin = higher IGF1
But be careful because junk food = high estrogen (the hormone that closes growth plates), so you have to inhibit some estrogen

More food = more height

How is that a different effect from non processed sugar

It's just sugar
Processed sugars are absorbed in the bloodstream more rapidly than natural sugars, hence they induces quicker and larger insulin spike.
And insulin spikes does activates igf-1 pathways (hence the link with height).

Last edited:
Processed sugars are absorbed in the bloodstream more rapidly than natural sugars
?
Natural orange juice will be absorbed as quick as a Coke.
Fiber slows down the absorption rate, but the difference of "natural v processed" makes 0 difference.

I would argue that in Western/Developed countries, that have access to food everywhere, height is basically entirely genetic.

As long as there is sufficient protein, calcium, etc, you will grow to your max height (unless some outlier medical condition). Eating healthy vs eating unhealthy probably doesn't play that big of a difference at all. Most foods are fortified and high in calories.

• +1
Reactions: lightskinbengali
McDonalds theory

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
?
Natural orange juice will be absorbed as quick as a Coke.
Fiber slows down the absorption rate, but the difference of "natural v processed" makes 0 difference.
It won't exactly, Coke doesn't have fibers (which would moderate the rise in blood sugar and the insulin response even though the levels are relatively low in most natural orange juices) and is thus in a more easily digestible form, hence the insulin response will be different (which is the key here since insulin does activates igf-1 pathways and thus anabolism).

This is the very reason why type 2 diabetic patients are recommended to avoid foods high in processed sugars, because of the rise in blood glucose levels.

I would argue that in Western/Developed countries, that have access to food everywhere, height is basically entirely genetic.

As long as there is sufficient protein, calcium, etc, you will grow to your max height (unless some outlier medical condition). Eating healthy vs eating unhealthy probably doesn't play that big of a difference at all. Most foods are fortified and high in calories.
If it was entirely genetic (which isn't supported at all by evidences), height wouldn't be rising among younger generations, that trend was already observed some decades earlier (The access to affordable foods was already excellent in most western countries in the late 80's and in the 2000's).

Stature was measured to the nearest 0.1 cm and the developmental stages of strategic ossification centres on hand-wrist radiographs were evaluated using the Greulich and Pyle (1959) atlas method. Average values for stature were consistently greater in the 1995-2005 cohort compared with the 1987-94 cohort for both sexes, although secular increases in females were less prominent compared with males.

As for environnment the impact is known.

There is and will always be an environnmental variance in height (which varies depending on your developmental stage), and obviously assuming two foods have the same nutrients content if one happens to have a larger impact on anabolism pathways (e.g igf-1) the growth trend will be different.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
might be true tbh i also notice that people who were fat in their teens have good facial structures when they lean down and compact midfaces like i never seen a fat person with a receding chin or a long midface
true its because they are chewing nonstop

Taller horizontally.

so whats the "safest" junk food to eat to grow taller

5’11’ish without shoes junk food maxer checking in

Too bad it acne maxes though

Yeah bro, I was fat my whole childhood and came out at 6'2, even tho my dad is 5'7 and my mum is like 5‘2.
Problem is that I have no dimorphic features due to high estrogen and gyno my whole life, except my browridge, huge ass calves and big clavicles