Just had Bimax consult. Surgeon said he'll do ZSO at the same time

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
surgeon seems blackpilled. some key things he said:

- the aesthetic side of the surgery is as important as the functional side
- that he wouldn't do this surgery if it made people worse looking (when asked if there was any % I would get looksminned)
- that I would most likely get a MODERATE improvement in function and aesthetics
- maybe 5-6mm on the maxilla, but he doesn't like doing too much as moving the maxilla forward excessively causes the face to look chimplike, but probably 10mm ish on the mandible (when asked how many mm of movement he would probably do), but would need to get a CT scan before he could say for sure
- also said that he would do a septoplasty to counteract the nose upturning effect
- said he would do a cheekbone osteotomy (I'm assuming ZSO) in the same operation for cheekbone enhancement

However when I asked him to show me a before and after photo of someone with a similar base as me, he showed me a photo of a guy he gave a full philtrum to, bordering on chimp lip (iirc), and when I pointed this out, he said that the photo was taken 3 weeks after surgery and that it was swelling, which idk is true

Thoughts? Should I pull the trigger and go with this surgeon? Or are there any other background checks I should do to make sure that he's as good/blackpilled as he claims to be?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, KraftDurchLeid, itorroella9 and 3 others
What's his price for bimax + zso?

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Does LF1 make the Philtrum longer?:y'all:

whos the surgeon

lol no if you're gonna pay 20k for a no name, go for lookism famous doctors instead

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
How is CCW possible? Is it really CCW or an illusion of

Cuz like are you crushing the bone that is already there?

Also gl on the surgery

• +1
that guy got double jaw and zso at the same time too

uH2oXIt.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sub5inchcel, OOGABOOGA, Chadakin and 1 other person

uH2oXIt.jpg

he took a shower

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, mewcoper, Edgar and 1 other person
It is nice to finaly hear that somebody is actually getting this instead of just talking about getting it

• +1
haahhahaahh 25k for a bimax

How is CCW possible? Is it really CCW or an illusion of
For CCW they usually both impact the anterior part of the maxilla, and do downgrading of the posterior part

if I I understand correctly, this causes the occlusal plane to tip in an upwards manner and become more flat

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Edgar
For CCW they usually both impact the anterior part of the maxilla, and do downgrading of the posterior part

if I I understand correctly, this causes the occlusal plane to tip in an upwards manner and become more flat
what does posterior downgrade mean?

what does posterior downgrade mean?
Downgrafting* my mistake

they push the bottom part of your maxilla down if I understand correctly, I think by removing bone? Not too sure

This what I struggle to understand tbh. Do they remove bone?

Unsure how they do it but it’s standard procedure for gummy smiles. It shortens the philtrum

• +1
Reactions: Newzsy34
Downgrafting* my mistake

they push the bottom part of your maxilla down if I understand correctly, I think by removing bone? Not too sure

Unsure how they do it but it’s standard procedure for gummy smiles. It shortens the philtrum
downgrafting means they cut your maxilla, put it down, fix it with screws and in the gap they often put bone material so everything fuses nice together

• +1
Reactions: Newzsy34 and lilhorizontal32
surgeon seems blackpilled. some key things he said:

- the aesthetic side of the surgery is as important as the functional side
- that he wouldn't do this surgery if it made people worse looking (when asked if there was any % I would get looksminned)
- that I would most likely get a MODERATE improvement in function and aesthetics
- maybe 5-6mm on the maxilla, but he doesn't like doing too much as moving the maxilla forward excessively causes the face to look chimplike, but probably 10mm ish on the mandible (when asked how many mm of movement he would probably do), but would need to get a CT scan before he could say for sure
- also said that he would do a septoplasty to counteract the nose upturning effect
- said he would do a cheekbone osteotomy (I'm assuming ZSO) in the same operation for cheekbone enhancement

However when I asked him to show me a before and after photo of someone with a similar base as me, he showed me a photo of a guy he gave a full philtrum to, bordering on chimp lip (iirc), and when I pointed this out, he said that the photo was taken 3 weeks after surgery and that it was swelling, which idk is true

Thoughts? Should I pull the trigger and go with this surgeon? Or are there any other background checks I should do to make sure that he's as good/blackpilled as he claims to be?
I’m 2 weeks post bimax with 10mm maxilla forwards, yeah he’s right, still a lot of swelling at that point, I looked like a chimp the first week but know I look ok so idk.... the point is only 6mm forward is unlikely to give you that effect

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: mewcoper and lilhorizontal32
I’m 2 weeks post bimax with 10mm maxilla forwards, yeah he’s right, still a lot of swelling at that point, I looked like a chimp the first week but know I look ok so idk.... the point is only 6mm forward is unlikely to give you that effect
good to hear you didnt get chimp lip bro, and thanks for the info, does make me a bit more relaxed about the whole thing

• +1
Reactions: volslayer187
good to hear you didnt get chimp lip bro, and thanks for the info, does make me a bit more relaxed about the whole thing

If you’re really recessed the chances of bimax looksmining you is almost 0 tbh... but be careful with zso though because it doesn’t give you anterior projection, which means if your masilla needs to move forward by a lot you’re not really improving anything and your zygos will just look flatter

• +1

If you’re really recessed the chances of bimax looksmining you is almost 0 tbh... but be careful with zso though because it doesn’t give you anterior projection, which means if your masilla needs to move forward by a lot you’re not really improving anything and your zygos will just look flatter
yeah will do, appreciate the heads up

thing is with me im not super recessed, only kind of, thats why im having so much difficulty figuring out what to do. if its any indicator, 3 surgeons I consulted with recommended bimax straight away, 1 said I dont need anything done, another said genio should be sufficient unless sleep study says otherwise, and 1 said he wont suggest or do anything until he sees my sleep study

how can i get >25 mm widening of the upper and lower jaw, after i had a bimax 10 yrs ago? im over 30 btw
Any top surgeons that can perform this? please link me some threads

how can i get >25 mm widening of the upper and lower jaw, after i had a bimax 10 yrs ago? im over 30 btw
Any top surgeons that can perform this? please link me some threads
eppley can do implants, but he has dodgy ethics so be a bit careful with him. still worth consulting imo

aside from that dhir and yaremchuk are also meant to be pretty good

eppley can do implants, but he has dodgy ethics so be a bit careful with him. still worth consulting imo

aside from that dhir and yaremchuk are also meant to be pretty good
yeah but they aren't orthodontists right? i need a wide jaw and wide smile, after that i will perhaps consider jaw/cheek implants

yeah but they aren't orthodontists right? i need a wide jaw and wide smile, after that i will perhaps consider jaw/cheek implants
didnt read the part about you wanting a wider upper jaw. my surgeon said that he will expand the upper jaw during Bimax. not sure how much of an effect this will have though

if not, you can also do MSE, MARPE or SARPE for a wider jaw and wider smile. SARPE is quite invasive though, similar to a lefort 1, so I'd recommend MARPE or MSE. MSE seems to be the best expander though going from what I've read here, but I think both can potentially have an effect on your facial width, so just be careful as they can have a negative effect on your es ratio

also you can make your mandible wider during a BSSO/Bimax with a special cut that some surgeons do. and obviously implants (ramus or wraparound jaw) will also help, but make sure you fix your recession first

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser

uH2oXIt.jpg

This is why bimax is mostly cope. You can't cheat genetics and get a Chad jaw even with surgery. On top of that the frontal changes are extremely risky (pig nose).

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
yes 3w post Op philtrum will look like a chimp, u need 3month for philtrum swelling to go down

• +1
This is why bimax is mostly cope. You can't cheat genetics and get a Chad jaw even with surgery. On top of that the frontal changes are extremely risky (pig nose).
a small to moderate gain, because he was not that recessed to begin with.

I'm getting around 10mm of BSSO and 5mm genio , so much higher chance that Bimax will be improve me around 1 PSL

yes 3w post Op philtrum will look like a chimp, u need 3month for philtrum swelling to go down
Idk why he showed me that patient then jfl

he knew that I was aesthetically focussed as well

a small to moderate gain, because he was not that recessed to begin with.

I'm getting around 10mm of BSSO and 5mm genio , so much higher chance that Bimax will be improve me around 1 PSL
How recessed are you bro?

Can someone show me example of chimp Lip that keeps getting talked about

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
20-25k USD

15-20k for bimax + 5k for ZSO
Don't share prices on here. Some doctors want to keep those prices private, and if they catch wind of this they will likely increase the prices for others.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and coolguy1
OP why don't you tell us his name?

didnt read the part about you wanting a wider upper jaw. my surgeon said that he will expand the upper jaw during Bimax. not sure how much of an effect this will have though

if not, you can also do MSE, MARPE or SARPE for a wider jaw and wider smile. SARPE is quite invasive though, similar to a lefort 1, so I'd recommend MARPE or MSE. MSE seems to be the best expander though going from what I've read here, but I think both can potentially have an effect on your facial width, so just be careful as they can have a negative effect on your es ratio

also you can make your mandible wider during a BSSO/Bimax with a special cut that some surgeons do. and obviously implants (ramus or wraparound jaw) will also help, but make sure you fix your recession first
There is no special cut. If you move the jaw forwards enough, you will get some width gains in the mid and front part of the jaw, because your jaw is almost V shaped. (picture it and you will understand.). The bigonial remains the same. Only angle implants will do