Lefort 1 effect on eye area (reduces scleral show)

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Interesting article about how LF1 decreases scleral show (my guess being because it stretches facial skin)

Results:

The mean maxillary movement was 6.14 mm advancement in LFI advancement group and 4.4 mm impaction in LFI impaction group. The mean scleral show ratio decreased by 4.25% (4.4% in the right and 4.1% in the left eye) in LFI advancement and 3.65% (3.5% in the right eye and 3.8% in the left eye) in LFI impaction group. These changes were statistically different in each group but they were the same when comparing two groups (p-value > 0.05).

Does LF1 has any other effects on eye area?

• +1
Reactions: bysontallou
Interesting article about how LF1 decreases scleral show (my guess being because it stretches facial skin)

Results:

The mean maxillary movement was 6.14 mm advancement in LFI advancement group and 4.4 mm impaction in LFI impaction group. The mean scleral show ratio decreased by 4.25% (4.4% in the right and 4.1% in the left eye) in LFI advancement and 3.65% (3.5% in the right eye and 3.8% in the left eye) in LFI impaction group. These changes were statistically different in each group but they were the same when comparing two groups (p-value > 0.05).

Does LF1 has any other effects on eye area?
Idk, every lefort is diff, some the maxilla is brought down, some rotated ccw it prob depends

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
What the hell?
I thought that lefort 1 INDUCED scleral show...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and Deleted member 5818
At this point it's better to get not as invasive ones like lower eyelid retraction honestly .