Bloodmaxxing: an In-depth guide to blood circulation.

DrkNormie

DrkNormie

Iron
Table of contents

I. What's so important about blood circulation in terms of looksmaxxing?
II. Well, what's the methods of improving blood circulation and guaranteeing optimal oxygen supply?
III. Balance is key, don't overdo it.
IV. Conclusion

As most know, good blood circulation is absolutely vital for an individual's overall health with benefits such as improved memory, mental health, longevity and overall fitness.
However, how does it affect an individual's appearance?

Skin
Due to the slowing of blood circulation, the waste removal of toxins from your body can be tempered with. This causes your skin to be of higher risk in breakouts, eczema and skin inflammation.

It can also cause premature aging, as slower blood flow leads to your skin being unable to get the healthy rate of antioxidants it'll need. Without a constant supply of these antioxidants at a healthy rate, a person is more prone to wrinkles, fine lines and other age-related symptoms.

Furthermore, it can also worsen dark circles under your eyes; this is mainly due to how thin the skin around an average person's eye area is very thin, which would mean that if the blood in the capillaries under your skin is less oxygenated then it'll cause that area to form bluish shadows around that area.

Penis
Studies have shown that nitric oxide, which are sourced from the nitrates in the food we eat, has been shown to not only been shown to help with blood circulation but is considered the main factor to long-lasting and hard erections. In consequence, L-arginine and L-citrulline has been shown to also have a result on erections, however there is some need of more studies on it's effects. This can be seen in studies such as:

Hair
Decreased blood flow, which in turns leads to a decrease in oxygen has been shown to negatively impact the growth rate; however, interestingly, an abundance of oxygen to the point of it being excessive has been shown to actually increase the amount hair growth more than "normal" oxygen levels.
"Human scalp hair follicles were organ cultured in 1% (hypoxia), 6% (normoxia), and 20% (hyperoxia) O2. The physiological partial O2 tension of human subcutaneous fat tissue is around 50–60 mmHg, which corresponds to 6% O2 at 1 atmosphere. In all groups, anagen-phase follicles continued to grow for 7 days (Figure 1a). On Day 7, the 1% O2 hair averaged 0.7 ± 0.6 mm (n = 5), the 6% O2 hair averaged 1.0 ± 0.5 mm (n = 5), and the 20% O2 hair averaged 2.1 ± 0.8 mm (n = 5) in length. Similar results were also seen in hairs in mice (Figure 1b). On Day 7, growth of the 1% O2 strands was not observed. Nonetheless, hairs maintained under 6% O2 were 0.8 mm and those under 20% O2 were 1.8 mm."
Seen in this study:

This could mean that viable methods of increasing your oxygen intake as well as improving blood flow could genuinely help grow your hair faster even past optimal levels; however, at the same time, you'd have to watch out for Oxygen toxicity from too high oxygen levels. Don't want to be blamed for anyone's death lmao.

Growth
Last, and not least, how blood circulation affects bone growth. It has been shown to have an affect on bone density/mass. In the first article, bone mass was shown to be reduced in elderly women with lower blood flow levels, creating a link between them. And, on a more intriguing note, in the second article increased bone density has been shown to be more prevalent in hypertension patients.

There's also the more obvious fact that good blood circulation would lead to better circulations of nutrients and shit, which will overall lead to optimal height growth(doesn't mean you'll be tall though, lol) but I'm not gonna get into that since it's been covered so much.

II. Well, what's the methods of improving blood circulation and guaranteeing optimal oxygen supply?
Okay, now we know how important blood circulation and oxygen levels are to looksmaxxing. How do we improve it?

Standard methods of improving blood circulation and oxygen levels are the following:
  • Cardio
  • Maintaining a healthy body fat
  • Exercise
  • Including Omega-3 foods into diet such as fish
  • Spicy foods
  • Staying hydrated
  • Tea
  • Quit smoking or reduce the amount of times you smoke.

Ok, that's cool and all, but I already know that most of y'all don't give a shit at all about any of the methods previously stated since they are water asf. So here is some more unconventional, and potentially more effective, means of increasing blood flow and oxygen levels:

Supplements
As previously stated, nitric oxide, L-citrulline and L-arginine has been shown to improve blood circulation; especially for reducing erectile dysfunction as shown in the first section. However, there may need to be more studies on it's effects on ED specifically before I can guarantee it's effects

Turmeric, ginger, beetroot juice, cayenne pepper and ginseng has all also been proven time and time again to be effective means of improving blood circulation overall.

Also, remember that treating an underlying deficiency, such as in B vitamins, may help improve your blood circulation tremendously. This is especially the case with iron deficiency.

In terms of oxygen levels, a study on coenzyme Q10 shown an increase of the amount of oxygen in the blood, however this was in COPD patients so you'll have to take that into consideration:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8241703/

Ashwagandha has also to have an effect on increasing the amount of red blood cells and haemoglobin(carrier of oxygen) count as seen in this research paper.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0378874195013180

Other means
Pseudo science
Kegals and reverse kegals are believed to improve erection quality, it's duration and the quality of ejaculation; it is also believed to improve blood flow to the penis.

Inversion therapy, whether its using an inversion table or not, is believed to improve blood flow to your upper body; however, please talk to a doctor or be precautious when trying this, especially if you have a history of high blood pressure, strokes, eye diseases or any other related health issues.

Conventional means
For those of y'all with low oxygen levels, oxygen therapy can be used to increase the concentration of oxygen within your blood; normally, the equipment for this are at hospitals but if you get prescribed for it due to low oxygen levels, you should be able to bring devices to increase it to be used at home. Obviously, this is only for richcels or those who seriously need this as these sorts of machines are quite costly.

Messages have been shown to improve blood circulation throughout multiple studies, and is also believed to help hair growth due to this.

Stretching has also been shown to improve blood circulation, with many other important health benefits

Healthy sleep been shown to improve blood circulation; if you wanna know more on the benefits of sleep, I'd highly recommend:

Now, I know what some of y'all are thinking: if blood circulation and oxygen is so important, why can't you just make sure you get as fast blood flow and highest amount of oxygen that is humanly possible? Well, it's mainly due to the fact it can lead to oxygen toxicity and hypertension, as well as many other medical conditions indirectly.

Of course, having relatively fast blood circulation and high oxygen levels past normal levels is fine, but make sure you are checking that you aren't going into unhealthy territories. And, if you have hypertension, hyperoxia or any other similar condition/state(or show a lot of the symptoms), I recommend completely ignoring this thread.

If you want to be extra precautious, you can skip over the supplementation as those aren't really necessary.

IV. Conclusion
Optimal oxygen levels and blood circulation is vital to not only your overall health, but your appearance as well. However, you have to be careful when bloodmaxxing as it can lead to serious health issues. If you show any symptoms of blood/oxygen-related condition from going overboard, I heavily recommend contacting a doctor immediately and stopping most of the methods recommended. (mainly supplements)
Furthermore, there is so much I've probably missed so I'd recommend researching in your own time as well if you are interested in this topic. :)

Wish you luck on your ascension, brother.
henry cavill GIF

@appealmaxed (this was the full thread of the accidental posting earlier)

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: looksmidder, lightskinbengali, 98Zdeed98 and 12 others
cardio and omega 3 is bad

thoughts on intermittent (transient) hypoxia?

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, 5'7 zoomer, odux and 2 others
inb4 botb

• JFL
Reactions: DrkNormie

The breathing technique or just mild hypoxia?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Youㅤ
i think james nestor said that this was very beneficiail (dk why) in his book breath

• +1
transient hypoxia in general
Well, if done correctly, it should be completely fine... It also teach your body on using oxygen as effectively as possible so it definitely helps with improving oxygen levels in your blood.

• Hmm...
Bookmarked, gonna read later

• +1
your thread was a complete waste of time. if you had taken the effort to provide more information on nitric oxide, it would've been worth reading.

• Ugh..
  • So Sad
Reactions: DrkNormie and dannydipss
nvm, i forgot ppl here are literal idiots. no botb for you unfortunately
Posts 1,179
Reputation 906

as if what you're saying is valid :lul:

how is this worthy of BOTB? this is a shitter-tier thread with no substance that i could make in 10 minutes :lul:

• WTF
  • Ugh..
  • So Sad
Reactions: ThomasJefferson, dannydipss and DrkNormie
Water thread

• So Sad
your thread was a complete waste of time. if you had taken the effort to provide more information on nitric oxide, it would've been worth reading.
I just wanted to show it's effects on erections specifically, if you want to know more on it's general effects you can easily find it yourself since it's pretty well-documented. I didn't include those because they felt more life orientated than related to "looksmaxxing"...

Here's some good few studies you can look at yourself:
it's effects on fitness
How it correlates to cardiovascular diseases

bookmarked. will read later but i gotta feeling this is a banger thread

• +1
Posts 1,179
Reputation 906

how is this worthy of BOTB? this is a shitter-tier thread with no substance that i could make in 10 minutes :lul:
IMG 1524

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ThomasJefferson and DrkNormie
If you want, I can try to look into more on how nitric oxide correlates to erectile dysfunction and edit the thread? I couldn't really find any other noteworthy study on it earlier but I can try to look into it more

Posts 1,179
Reputation 906

"The ICP/MAP ratio in the ligation group was significantly lower than that in the control group (P < 0.05), denoting ED. The ICP/MAP ratio of the citrulline group was significantly higher than that of the ligation group (P < 0.05), indicating ED amelioration. Levels of NOx...while those in the citrulline group were significantly higher than in the ligation group (P < 0.05)."
Sourced in the study below, you can see that the rats recieving L-citrulline were said to have improved their acute erectile dysfunction; and it also shows further correlation between an increase in nitric oxide strongly correlates to improvement in ED.

If you are wondering how L-citrulline and L-arginine correlates to NOx, essentially L-citrulline is converted to an amino acid which converts to L-arginine, which is finally then converted to nitric oxide.

Both studies below here also proves further that nitric oxide has a direct correlation to ED through diabetic patients; essentially nitric oxide synthesis is indirectly affected by a chain of reaction caused by insulin, so for type 2 diabetes patients with insulin resistance, this naturally meant that they have reduced NO levels. Key thing here is that diabetic patients typically also have erectile dysfunction, showing further linking of NO and erectile dysfunction.

if you want to know more about it lmk, I'll ping you about it

• +1
Reactions: redfacccee and dannydipss
drknormie classic

If you want, I can try to look into more on how nitric oxide correlates to erectile dysfunction and edit the thread? I couldn't really find any other noteworthy study on it earlier but I can try to look into it more
you should look into and expand on the relationship between the oral microbiome and NOx homeostasis, if you had added this into 'II' of your thread it honestly would've been great, although it's a lengthy topic.

Can you expand a little on that first line

• +1
Reactions: 8trunks
Can you expand a little on that first line
cardio stresses the body lowers basal metabolic rate

omega 3 is highly susceptible to peroxidation

• +1
Reactions: zylaro and autistic_tendencies
Table of contents

IV. Conclusion

As most know, good blood circulation is absolutely vital for an individual's overall health with benefits such as improved memory, mental health, longevity and overall fitness.

Skin
Due to the slowing of blood circulation, the waste removal of toxins from your body can be tempered with. This causes your skin to be of higher risk in breakouts, eczema and skin inflammation.

It can also cause premature aging, as slower blood flow leads to your skin being unable to get the healthy rate of antioxidants it'll need. Without a constant supply of these antioxidants at a healthy rate, a person is more prone to wrinkles, fine lines and other age-related symptoms.

Furthermore, it can also worsen dark circles under your eyes; this is mainly due to how thin the skin around an average person's eye area is very thin, which would mean that if the blood in the capillaries under your skin is less oxygenated then it'll cause that area to form bluish shadows around that area.

Penis
Studies have shown that nitric oxide, which are sourced from the nitrates in the food we eat, has been shown to not only been shown to help with blood circulation but is considered the main factor to long-lasting and hard erections. In consequence, L-arginine and L-citrulline has been shown to also have a result on erections, however there is some need of more studies on it's effects. This can be seen in studies such as:

Hair
Decreased blood flow, which in turns leads to a decrease in oxygen has been shown to negatively impact the growth rate; however, interestingly, an abundance of oxygen to the point of it being excessive has been shown to actually increase the amount hair growth more than "normal" oxygen levels.

Seen in this study:

This could mean that viable methods of increasing your oxygen intake as well as improving blood flow could genuinely help grow your hair faster even past optimal levels; however, at the same time, you'd have to watch out for Oxygen toxicity from too high oxygen levels. Don't want to be blamed for anyone's death lmao.

Growth
Last, and not least, how blood circulation affects bone growth. It has been shown to have an affect on bone density/mass. In the first article, bone mass was shown to be reduced in elderly women with lower blood flow levels, creating a link between them. And, on a more intriguing note, in the second article increased bone density has been shown to be more prevalent in hypertension patients.

There's also the more obvious fact that good blood circulation would lead to better circulations of nutrients and shit, which will overall lead to optimal height growth(doesn't mean you'll be tall though, lol) but I'm not gonna get into that since it's been covered so much.

Okay, now we know how important blood circulation and oxygen levels are to looksmaxxing. How do we improve it?

Standard methods of improving blood circulation and oxygen levels are the following:
  • Cardio
  • Exercise
  • Spicy foods
  • Staying hydrated
  • Tea

Ok, that's cool and all, but I already know that most of y'all don't give a shit at all about any of the methods previously stated since they are water asf. So here is some more unconventional, and potentially more effective, means of increasing blood flow and oxygen levels:

Supplements
As previously stated, nitric oxide, L-citrulline and L-arginine has been shown to improve blood circulation; especially for reducing erectile dysfunction as shown in the first section. However, there may need to be more studies on it's effects on ED specifically before I can guarantee it's effects

Turmeric, ginger, beetroot juice, cayenne pepper and ginseng has all also been proven time and time again to be effective means of improving blood circulation overall.

Also, remember that treating an underlying deficiency, such as in B vitamins, may help improve your blood circulation tremendously. This is especially the case with iron deficiency.

In terms of oxygen levels, a study on coenzyme Q10 shown an increase of the amount of oxygen in the blood, however this was in COPD patients so you'll have to take that into consideration:

Ashwagandha has also to have an effect on increasing the amount of red blood cells and haemoglobin(carrier of oxygen) count as seen in this research paper.

Other means
Pseudo science
Kegals and reverse kegals are believed to improve erection quality, it's duration and the quality of ejaculation; it is also believed to improve blood flow to the penis.

Inversion therapy, whether its using an inversion table or not, is believed to improve blood flow to your upper body; however, please talk to a doctor or be precautious when trying this, especially if you have a history of high blood pressure, strokes, eye diseases or any other related health issues.

Conventional means
For those of y'all with low oxygen levels, oxygen therapy can be used to increase the concentration of oxygen within your blood; normally, the equipment for this are at hospitals but if you get prescribed for it due to low oxygen levels, you should be able to bring devices to increase it to be used at home. Obviously, this is only for richcels or those who seriously need this as these sorts of machines are quite costly.

Messages have been shown to improve blood circulation throughout multiple studies, and is also believed to help hair growth due to this.

Stretching has also been shown to improve blood circulation, with many other important health benefits

Healthy sleep been shown to improve blood circulation; if you wanna know more on the benefits of sleep, I'd highly recommend:

Now, I know what some of y'all are thinking: if blood circulation and oxygen is so important, why can't you just make sure you get as fast blood flow and highest amount of oxygen that is humanly possible? Well, it's mainly due to the fact it can lead to oxygen toxicity and hypertension, as well as many other medical conditions indirectly.

Of course, having relatively fast blood circulation and high oxygen levels past normal levels is fine, but make sure you are checking that you aren't going into unhealthy territories. And, if you have hypertension, hyperoxia or any other similar condition/state(or show a lot of the symptoms), I recommend completely ignoring this thread.

If you want to be extra precautious, you can skip over the supplementation as those aren't really necessary.

IV. Conclusion
Optimal oxygen levels and blood circulation is vital to not only your overall health, but your appearance as well. However, you have to be careful when bloodmaxxing as it can lead to serious health issues. If you show any symptoms of blood/oxygen-related condition from going overboard, I heavily recommend contacting a doctor immediately and stopping most of the methods recommended. (mainly supplements)
Furthermore, there is so much I've probably missed so I'd recommend researching in your own time as well if you are interested in this topic. :)

henry cavill GIF

This is bullshit you cant "bloodmax" to the point you get oxygen poisoning

• +1
Reactions: zylaro
Table of contents

IV. Conclusion

Skin

Penis

Hair

Seen in this study:

Growth

• Cardio
  • Exercise
  • Spicy foods
  • Staying hydrated
  • Tea

Supplements

Other means
Pseudo science

Conventional means

IV. Conclusion

henry cavill GIF

tadalafil

Table of contents

IV. Conclusion

Skin

Penis

Hair

Seen in this study:

Growth

• Cardio
  • Exercise
  • Spicy foods
  • Staying hydrated
  • Tea

Supplements

Other means
Pseudo science

Conventional means

IV. Conclusion

henry cavill GIF

What about oral min ?