lets figure out why many eye surgery results look fake and uncanny

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
im mostly talking about canthoplasty or lower eyelid retraction surgery. they often give - what i call: melanie trump - an unnatural look.

one example

you can see this certain look of the lower eyelid which just look weird.

here are some more examples (all taban) which go sometimes! in the same direction

some people may say its unnatural if the eyelid is too high or covers too much from the lateral scleral triangle but i dont think thats necessarily true. here are some eyelid shapes with higher lower eyelid or shapes that appear a bit more uncommon but are actually natural

xWgmoIgZaDOiF03SroJ9444b_GUDd8KTtTaV-oalXNk.jpg

alexander-skarsgard-im-anzug-3.jpg

if we just look at the lower eyelid there isnt much difference compared to the surgery results. yet i find the surgery result look more unnatural

well of course it could be psychological meaning because i know its surgery i think it looks fake. i have another theory though

lets take a look at the deciding factors of eyeshape first:

- eye prominence
- tone and position of lateral anchoring tendon

obviously "bones" is a metafactor in this

what i noticed is that deep set eyes(what are deep set eyes look here: https://lookism.net/threads/deep-set-eyes-official-medical-definition.636836/ ) often have very high lower eyelid. and the protruding of the eyeball has the highest impact of the shape of upper eyelid. so when you just change the lower eyelid but dont touch the eye protrusion (and hence dont change the appearance of the upper eyelid) the relation between upper eyelid and lower eyelid might look off? in that case orbital decompression and lower eyelid work might be necessary

OR

its none of the above the lower eyelid in the surgery resul is just "too straight" ?

*copied from https://lookism.net/threads/lets-fi...surgery-results-look-fake-and-uncanny.660472/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: mattix, looksmaxifier, Sny and 42 others
interesting responses from that thread:

The unnatural look is created because while the lower eyelid becomes tighter and comes closer to the eye pupil, the upper eyelid remains distant and unchanged. It gives a nicolas cage "You don't say" unnatural, tense expression

it is not a straight line but a curved line. Think about a polar route in flying from Los Angeles to London. The shortest path follows and arc described on a sphere known as a geodesic. Surgeons who attempt to pull a lid to a higher position on the globe by shortening the eyelid are surprised when the result is that the eyelid follows an arc that is even lower on the globe than it was before surgery. This is because the lid is following the shortest arc on the eye which is under the curve of the eye. For this reason shortening procedures are the wrong approach to fixing this issue and doomed to fail. The solution is lengthening the lower eyelid in both a horizontal and vertical dimension. I would be very careful what you look for. Good luck.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Marsiere214, alriodai and 6 others
this is the most important thread on eye area

• +1
Reactions: ASM5, Deleted member 27660, Marsiere214 and 5 others
This is why I’m afraid of orbital implants and would rather do filler/fat transfer.

• +1
Reactions: Kristin, Deleted member 5892, Marsiere214 and 5 others
bumping quality thread

Last edited:
8CqRYi5.jpg

natty eye area

• JFL
Reactions: MarstonAlloy
so nobody finds this interesting?

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and Deleted member 7419
hold on

asian natty eye area

SillyMeaslyAmericanratsnake-max-1mb.gif
6F1m.gif

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Marsiere214, Lihito, Lolcel and 1 other person
99.999999% of users with shitty eye area are never going under the knife. It's a moot point tbh, but I read every word if that's a consolation prize

• +1
Reactions: Manana, AscendingHero, fuckedupmanlet and 10 others
hold on

asian natty eye area

SillyMeaslyAmericanratsnake-max-1mb.gif
6F1m.gif
she has forward grown cheekbones, forward lateral orbital rims and deep set eyes so thats why this shape can occur naturally and even though it looks exotic it doesnt look as uncanny as the example in the op

• +1
Reactions: Hector
99.999999% of users with shitty eye area are never going under the knife. It's a moot point tbh, but I read every word if that's a consolation prize
whats the point of the forum tbh

to read how retin a can improve your skin quality, how lifting might increase your chances to get laid?

• +1
Reactions: mattix, Deleted member 27660, Deleted member 14392 and 5 others
You're wrong, it's a higher set medial csnthus position that creates the droopy look. Most of the time people think their lower lids are droopy because of it and end up looking uncanny with very tight lower eyelids.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
This is why I’m afraid of orbital implants and would rather do filler/fat transfer.
Yes but don’t want to boganmax shit bloats your face in the long run

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung
whats the point of the forum tbh

to read how retin a can improve your skin quality, how lifting might increase your chances to get laid?
Join my server on discord , we talk about eye area theory every day

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, AscendingHero, Deleted member 16384 and 4 others
Added mass (implants) on recessed lower maxillas

@Titbot eye ascension seems to be coming along great! Taking notes here

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
does he need eye surgery

9d5fb5960eef68c9482440743872f077.jpg

bump

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419
natural iris cover

unnatural iris cover

Let's be honest here, 80% of surgery and fillers make it seem like there is something off with the persons face, especially in motion you can tell something just doesn't look right.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 16384, Biiyo03 and 6 others
Let's be honest here, 80% of surgery and fillers make it seem like there is something off with the persons face, especially in motion you can tell something just doesn't look right.
so did Salludon really not get surgery

• +1
Reactions: Effortless
so did Salludon really not get surgery

Haven't seen him talk or express any other emotion apart from squinting.

It's way more noticeable when people are talking or pulling different expressions.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 8869, Marsiere214, Deleted member 16384 and 7 others
depends on the procedure

implants, lower eyelid surgeries and rhinoplasty have a high risk to look uncanny

jaw surgery or orbital decompression? not really. might wont look better, st worse after but it doesnt really look "fake"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16110, Mongrelcel and Effortless
depends on the procedure

implants, lower eyelid surgeries and rhinoplasty have a high risk to look uncanny

jaw surgery or orbital decompression? not really. might wont look better, st worse after but it doesnt really look "fake"

Even with jaw surgery in motion, you can when they talk its like their mouth is not used to talking if that makes sense.

Like I said most of these surgery look ok in still pictures or still poses but in motion like talking or trying to do different expression it looks a bit off.

I'm not too sure about orbital decompression though.

Even with jaw surgery in motion, you can when they talk its like their mouth is not used to talking if that makes sense.

Like I said most of these surgery look ok in still pictures or still poses but in motion like talking or trying to do different expression it looks a bit off.

i meet a few people with jaw surgery, you wouldnt be able to tell

maybe we have different experience

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and Effortless
So what you’re saying is I’m gonna look giga uncanny after my canthoplasty + UEE fillers with taban I have scheduled in September

• +1
Reactions: Chadakin
So what you’re saying is I’m gonna look giga uncanny after my canthoplasty + UEE fillers with taban I have scheduled in September
no not necesseraly, in some cases it makes sense. id talk to him about it though.

• +1
Reactions: CopeTilliRope and remy
katy-perry-2.jpg

cEAaVVd.jpg

same lower eyelid tightening
same/similar lateral canthus position
same level of sclera show
different eye level protrusion
different palpebral fissure length

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27660
@Alexanderr @Lorsss
best of the best? :what:

• WTF
Reactions: Marsiere214
Jaw surgery results definitely do not look uncanny unless the surgeon was a fool.
Usually the rule is: Surgery with bones = it looks natural and good.
Surgery on your skin only = usually looks fake especially in real life.
Implants are kinda in between those two, but personally I believe the only natural looking implants are jaw angle implants, chin implant can be ok, wraparound looks fake af and cheekbones and infraorbitals looks even worse.

If you really want to improve your eye area (scleral show) you should consider fat fillers and bimax. A ZSO with forward movement can also help.

Scleral show is usually a result of poor undereye support. Having a straight undereyelid though bad undereye support looks uncanny. You have to make sure that there is at least soft tissue support via bimax or ZSO.

• +1
Reactions: mattix, Anchor_Ship, Deleted member 14392 and 4 others

Yes but that's also just in the beginning, your muscles adapt very quickly and it will then looks natural.
I've had jaw surgery myself and even other maxfacs I've seen couldn't tell lol

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, APJ and Effortless
Jaw surgery results definitely do not look uncanny unless the surgeon was a fool.
Usually the rule is: Surgery with bones = it looks natural and good.
Surgery on your skin only = usually looks fake especially in real life.
Implants are kinda in between those two, but personally I believe the only natural looking implants are jaw angle implants, chin implant can be ok, wraparound looks fake af and cheekbones and infraorbitals looks even worse.

If you really want to improve your eye area (scleral show) you should consider fat fillers and bimax. A ZSO with forward movement can also help.

Scleral show is usually a result of poor undereye support. Having a straight undereyelid though bad undereye support looks uncanny. You have to make sure that there is at least soft tissue support via bimax or ZSO.
do you have any examples of how lefort improved eye area? i can imagine it in theory bc a more forward maxilla will give better support but in the results i havent seem much changes to the eye area

do you have any examples of how lefort improved eye area? i can imagine it in theory bc a more forward maxilla will give better support but in the results i havent seem much changes to the eye area
I made a post about that just look into my profile

I made a post about that just look into my profile

this one?

im mostly talking about canthoplasty or lower eyelid retraction surgery. they often give - what i call: melanie trump - an unnatural look.

one example

you can see this certain look of the lower eyelid which just look weird.

here are some more examples (all taban) which go sometimes! in the same direction

some people may say its unnatural if the eyelid is too high or covers too much from the lateral scleral triangle but i dont think thats necessarily true. here are some eyelid shapes with higher lower eyelid or shapes that appear a bit more uncommon but are actually natural

xWgmoIgZaDOiF03SroJ9444b_GUDd8KTtTaV-oalXNk.jpg

alexander-skarsgard-im-anzug-3.jpg

if we just look at the lower eyelid there isnt much difference compared to the surgery results. yet i find the surgery result look more unnatural

well of course it could be psychological meaning because i know its surgery i think it looks fake. i have another theory though

lets take a look at the deciding factors of eyeshape first:

- eye prominence
- tone and position of lateral anchoring tendon

obviously "bones" is a metafactor in this

what i noticed is that deep set eyes(what are deep set eyes look here: https://lookism.net/threads/deep-set-eyes-official-medical-definition.636836/ ) often have very high lower eyelid. and the protruding of the eyeball has the highest impact of the shape of upper eyelid. so when you just change the lower eyelid but dont touch the eye protrusion (and hence dont change the appearance of the upper eyelid) the relation between upper eyelid and lower eyelid might look off? in that case orbital decompression and lower eyelid work might be necessary

OR

its none of the above the lower eyelid in the surgery resul is just "too straight" ?

*copied from https://lookism.net/threads/lets-fi...surgery-results-look-fake-and-uncanny.660472/

GREAT THREAD BRAH :feelsgah:

this one?
Yes

Yes but that's also just in the beginning, your muscles adapt very quickly and it will then looks natural.
I've had jaw surgery myself and even other maxfacs I've seen couldn't tell lol
What did you have done? I must say when people post 'uncanny' bimax results I'm usually not seeing any uncanniness