Lifefuel for Jawsurgerycels afraid of Nerve damage

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
This thread is about nerve damage after any type of jaw surgery. Many people here and on jawsurgeryforums are very afraid of jaw surgery due to possible nerve damage and therefore rather chose to rot with their stupidly recessed potato jaws instead of slaying their oneities.

Little do they know that severe nerve damage, meaning an extend that actually impacts you in everyday life, is extremely rare and can to almost 100% be avoided.

Some factors that influence the risk of nerve damage are:
- the type of surgery. Generally the risk is as follows: Chin Wing > Genioplasty > low BSSO > high BSSO > Lefort1
- Vitamin B12 levels
- Immediacy of post surgical nerve trauma treatment

Since nerve complications after a lefort1 are much rarer than after a mandibular osteotomy, we will focus on the mandible.

869313 25

The nerve that's critical is the Nervus alveolaris inferior as shown above, running in the Canalis mandibulae and forming the Nervus mentalis by passing the Foramen mentale. It's the Nervus mentalis providing sensation to your chin and lower lip.

Loss or alteration of sensation is always a result of trauma caused mostly by stretching the nerve too much. Even a stretching of a mere 12% of it's initial length is said to cause altered sensation. Altered sensation can be classified as follows:

Sensory disturbances 8 638

The following image illustrates what nerve trauma looks like:

Unnamed

Hypoesthesia and Paresthesia make up the vast majority of sensory disturbances and are usually caused by Neurapraxia or Axonotmesis. I myself suffer from Hypoesthesia in my chin and lower lip but by the end of the month I'll get treatment.

This is the key part of this thread: When you suffer from nerve damage, maxfacs will tell you to just wait and wait even more until you don't go to them anymore. The truth is, after 6 months it's a more than 80% likelyhood that the type of sensory disturbance you experience is what will be permanent.

BUT you shouldn't listen to them. Unless you suffer from Neurotmesis (the whole nerve is completely cut through, major fuck up from the surgeon) it's possible to have good recovery. As always, the better your starting point the better the possible end result after treatment. If you still have sensation disturbance 2 months post surgery go see a neurologist. With different measurements he can determine where the nerve has been damaged and once that part is localized there are different types of treatment.

A common method, that even works in some cases for Neurotmesis is by bringing the ends of the nerve together where it has been divided:
A313495 1 En 3 Fig3 HTML

If the gap is too long you can get a nerve transplant from you leg:

Nerve graft

These procedures can be done up to 3 years post surgery for the Nervus alveolaris inferior (some other nerves not involved in jaw surgery require much quicker treatment). However, the sooner treatment starts the better the prognosis. Consult your Neurologist 1 year post surgery at the very latest. Don't listen to your maxfac as he will always tell you to just wait.

These procedures can't give you a 100% recovery if you had initial hypoesthesia or worse. But combined with good health, laser therapy, acupuncture and your (hopefully) very young age it's EXTREMELY unlikely to get permanent, noticeable nerve damage.
Btw. insurance has to cover the neurologist treatment in most countries.

There's simply no more excuses not to get jaw surgery.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 33579, angelo, ChristianChad and 29 others
:hnghn:

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel
Brutal no reply pill

• +1
Reactions: 7zyzz7, CursedOne and thecel
too low inhib to afraid with this

• +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender
which procedures have higher rates of nerve damage?

This thread is about nerve damage after any type of jaw surgery. Many people here and on jawsurgeryforums are very afraid of jaw surgery due to possible nerve damage and therefore rather chose to rot with their stupidly recessed potato jaws instead of slaying their oneities.

Little do they know that severe nerve damage, meaning an extend that actually impacts you in everyday life, is extremely rare and can to almost 100% be avoided.

- the type of surgery. Generally the risk is as follows: Chin Wing > Genioplasty > low BSSO > high BSSO > Lefort1
- Vitamin B12 levels

Since nerve complications after a lefort1 are much rarer than after a mandibular osteotomy, we will focus on the mandible.

View attachment 1133121

The nerve that's critical is the Nervus alveolaris inferior as shown above, running in the Canalis mandibulae and forming the Nervus mentalis by passing the Foramen mentale. It's the Nervus mentalis providing sensation to your chin and lower lip.

Loss or alteration of sensation is always a result of trauma caused mostly by stretching the nerve too much. Even a stretching of a mere 12% of it's initial length is said to cause altered sensation. Altered sensation can be classified as follows:

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133145

Hypoesthesia and Paresthesia make up the vast majority of sensory disturbances and are usually caused by Neurapraxia or Axonotmesis. I myself suffer from Hypoesthesia in my chin and lower lip but by the end of the month I'll get treatment.

This is the key part of this thread: When you suffer from nerve damage, maxfacs will tell you to just wait and wait even more until you don't go to them anymore. The truth is, after 6 months it's a more than 80% likelyhood that the type of sensory disturbance you experience is what will be permanent.

BUT you shouldn't listen to them. Unless you suffer from Neurotmesis (the whole nerve is completely cut through, major fuck up from the surgeon) it's possible to have good recovery. As always, the better your starting point the better the possible end result after treatment. If you still have sensation disturbance 2 months post surgery go see a neurologist. With different measurements he can determine where the nerve has been damaged and once that part is localized there are different types of treatment.

A common method, that even works in some cases for Neurotmesis is by bringing the ends of the nerve together where it has been divided:
View attachment 1133148

View attachment 1133149

These procedures can be done up to 3 years post surgery for the Nervus alveolaris inferior (some other nerves not involved in jaw surgery require much quicker treatment). However, the sooner treatment starts the better the prognosis. Consult your Neurologist 1 year post surgery at the very latest. Don't listen to your maxfac as he will always tell you to just wait.

These procedures can't give you a 100% recovery if you had initial hypoesthesia or worse. But combined with good health, laser therapy, acupuncture and your (hopefully) very young age it's EXTREMELY unlikely to get permanent, noticeable nerve damage.

Don't get jaw surgery. Because you know what? It's bad for you.

• +1
Reactions: TurkishAscender
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 7zyzz7, Deleted member 11610, Mewton and 6 others
  • +1
Reactions: Central Cee, Birdcell and N1c
cosmetic?this is literally functional,has a multitude of benefits
Really? Like making you chew your food easier?

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Really? Like making you chew your food easier?
for those who have malocclusion probably, but the biggest benefits are in relation to breathing,this can avoid mouthbreath problems

• +1
Reactions: Central Cee, Mewton, Danish_Retard and 5 others
  • +1
Reactions: 7zyzz7, Central Cee, Mewton and 6 others
if you against plastic surgery, why you are in this forum ? softmaxing is so limited
I don't softmaxx either.

IMG 20210424 194555

I'm a redpill practitioner of the highest caliber trying to spread the word.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, 7zyzz7, Central Cee and 7 others
What the heck are you doing here then?
Teaching you youngins how to get what you want without having to ascribe to neurotypicality.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Cidre enjoyer, N1c and Bewusst
Teaching you youngins how to get what you want without having to ascribe to neurotypicality.
I, for my part, know I will only find peace when I'm no longer ashamed of my face. I don't care about sex, social status, validation, relationships, dating, satisfying my ego, deluding myself, what others think of me and all that superficial crap the majority of looksmaxers are obsessed with anymore; I just want to be somewhat content/comfortable with myself and who I am. It's impossible to ignore if you have obvious facial deformities once you're aware of them. So what's wrong with fixing those if it makes me feel better about myself?

• +1
Reactions: TILETY, bradpittshairline, localkushman and 9 others
how you redpillers omit the fact that physical attraction?
We don't. It's obviously a factor. But after you've reached a certain basic level of attractiveness the sky's the limit. It depends on you. Most people become frustrated with the red pill though because all they ever applied was false confidence.

I, for my part, know I will only find peace when I'm no longer ashamed of my face. I don't care about sex, social status, validation, relationships, dating, satisfying my ego, deluding myself, what others think of me and all that superficial crap the majority of looksmaxers are obsessed with anymore; I just want to be somewhat content/comfortable with myself and who I am. It's impossible to ignore if you have obvious facial deformities once you're aware of them. So what's wrong with fixing those if it makes me feel better about myself?
Nothing's wrong with it, I guess. If it's an itch you're always gonna feel if you leave it unscratched.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
We don't. It's obviously a factor. But after you've reached a certain basic level of attractiveness the sky's the limit. It depends on you. Most people become
Nothing's wrong with it, I guess. If it's an itch you're always gonna feel if you leave it unscratched.
damn , always mirin your mentality and attitude

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
so high bsso has a higher lower chance if nerv damage compared to low bsso?

so high bsso has a higher lower chance if nerv damage compared to low bsso?
I would say yes but there are no statistics on that I think

i wonder if certain form of rotation add/lower chances of nerv damage
Could very well be the case. The more it's stretched the higher the risk usually

severe nerve damage, meaning an extend that actually impacts you in everyday life, is extremely rare and can to almost 100% be avoided.

Looksmax, where basement fortnite players know more than surgeons.

- Vitamin B12 levels

View attachment 1133121

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133145

View attachment 1133148

View attachment 1133149

after genio revision my chin feels so fucked up, like paresthesia symptoms, 6months now so I guess it won't get better

• So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Mewton, Anchor_Ship, mewcoper and 1 other person

- Vitamin B12 levels

View attachment 1133121

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133145

View attachment 1133148

View attachment 1133149

do you have paresthesia

- Vitamin B12 levels

View attachment 1133121

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133145

View attachment 1133148

View attachment 1133149

I think I have paresthesia after genio, it's been 9 months now . How can I determine if it's just paresthesia and not another complication such as an infection

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
i rather not feel my lips and fuck women than feel my lips and rot

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Anchor_Ship, Mewton, CristianT and 5 others
How brutal is loss of sensation though?

• +1
Reactions: Administrator and Biiyo03
How brutal is loss of sensation though?
Very brutal. Half my lower lip is totally fucked. I can barely touch it without feeling extreme pain.
Special thanks goes out to Dr. B who managed to fuck it up so badly. It's not normal to have damage this bad after a chin wing.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: 6ft4, Anchor_Ship, Mewton and 2 others
Getting my Trimax done mid 2023, this eases why concerns, good thread OP

- Vitamin B12 levels

View attachment 1133121

View attachment 1133130

View attachment 1133145

View attachment 1133148

View attachment 1133149

I want this what surgeons you suggest to not bitch my bimax and genio?

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship
Very brutal. Half my lower lip is totally fucked. I can barely touch it without feeling extreme pain.
Special thanks goes out to Dr. B who managed to fuck it up so badly. It's not normal to have damage this bad after a chin wing.
how do you know it's just nerves and not another complication such as a plate infection or tissue resorption

JFL another epplesteins monster has been created.