Linux Megathread GTFIH

D

Deleted member 19453

Hentai
Why should you use linux?
Because it mogs the shit out of windows.
1. You don't need to go to websites to download software, everything is in a repository so you can just enter a command in the terminal or use a graphical software manager (pretty much an app store)

This is the llinux mint software center and it has a wide range of software like: google chrome, chromium, firefox, brave, librewolf, blender, gimp, inkscape, audacity, obs, and a lot of other shit.

2. It's free
3. It's almost impossible to get malware because there is barely any malware developed for linux because almost no one uses it. Windows malware doesn't work on linux.
4. You don't get bombarded with notifications as soon as you turn on your computer. For example I just went on a windows computer recently and as soon as I turned it on I got tons of onedrive, microsoft teams, and secutiry bullshit notifications.
5. You can make your computer look however you want (see images at the end). And you don't need a lot of experience to make your desktop look good. There are desktop enviroments that look great out of the box.

For example this is how kde plasma looks out of the box

This is also plasma. This is how your computer can look out of the box if you choose garuda linux as your distribution.

This is how linux mint looks, with the "cinnamon" desktop enviroment.

XFCE

XFCE on garuda

6. A lot of choice for distribution.

7. Significantly lower ram usage on idle than on windows
8. Much better for programming
9. You don't need to commit to using it. You can just download it onto a usb and plug it in. Then you can use linux without installing it. If you like it you can install it and if you dislike it then just plug out the usb, turn your computer off and on, and you're back to windows.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Michael Myers, Deleted member 22918, NoReedemingFeature and 33 others
Can you play vidya on it?

• +1
Reactions: ongifm, pentamogged9000 and Deleted member 19453
yes babe. Valve puts a lot of money into making windows games work on linux. The steam deck runs linux.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, poopoohead, pentamogged9000 and 3 others
But it isnt user friendly

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: CursedOne and Deleted member 19453
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and poopoohead
Tbh Linux is giga cope in 2023 and probably has been for as long as it existed. Whole tracking shit philosophy of free software is just bullshit. If windows doesn't steal your data, google will, so will instagram, looksmax and other scam software designed to steal your data online. Last time I heard people being concerned abut "Gbox" on Huawei for running their Google apps I burst into laughter.

'How can you trust that Chinese garbage with your Google account?' Nigga Google is literal spyware and you are being concerned in 2023. Same level as feminism, vegans and all those retarded movements but even worse.

And as far as software installation, I see no benefit in command line interface + linux lacks shit ton of production level software, games, etc. Not that I think Linux is worse than Windows/Mac, but the benefits such as customization and shit are negligible and not of real use if you use computer for serious work/making money. You should not focus on your window manager and icon pack, instead you should focus on learning your fucking software you use for money.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31887, thecel, prag and 9 others
I used it when I was young. Got filtered by dependcies eventually.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: poopoohead and Deleted member 19453
Can't use it rn bec there are many programs I can't use on linux even using wine

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and Deleted member 19453
1. You don't need to go to websites to download software, everything is in a repository so you can just enter a command in the terminal or use a graphical software manager (pretty much an app store)
View attachment 2452107
This is the llinux mint software center and it has a wide range of software like: google chrome, chromium, firefox, brave, librewolf, blender, gimp, inkscape, audacity, obs, and a lot of other shit.

2. It's free
3. It's almost impossible to get malware because there is barely any malware developed for linux because almost no one uses it. Windows malware doesn't work on linux.
4. You don't get bombarded with notifications as soon as you turn on your computer. For example I just went on a windows computer recently and as soon as I turned it on I got tons of onedrive, microsoft teams, and secutiry bullshit notifications.
5. You can make your computer look however you want (see images at the end). And you don't need a lot of experience to make your desktop look good. There are desktop enviroments that look great out of the box.

View attachment 2452120
This is also plasma. This is how your computer can look out of the box if you choose garuda linux as your distribution.
View attachment 2452124
View attachment 2452121
XFCE
View attachment 2452123
XFCE on garuda
View attachment 2452131

View attachment 2452100
View attachment 2452128

View attachment 2452064View attachment 2452065
View attachment 2452066View attachment 2452067View attachment 2452074
View attachment 2452083View attachment 2452093View attachment 2452084View attachment 2452086View attachment 2452087View attachment 2452088View attachment 2452090View attachment 2452091View attachment 2452089
View attachment 2452095

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature, Niksy, Aypo129 and 11 others
Tbh Linux is giga cope in 2023 and probably has been for as long as it existed. Whole tracking shit philosophy of free software is just bullshit. If windows doesn't steal your data, google will, so will instagram, looksmax and other scam software designed to steal your data online. Last time I heard people being concerned abut "Gbox" on Huawei for running their Google apps I burst into laughter.

'How can you trust that Chinese garbage with your Google account?' Nigga Google is literal spyware and you are being concerned in 2023. Same level as feminism, vegans and all those retarded movements but even worse.

And as far as software installation, I see no benefit in command line interface + linux lacks shit ton of production level software, games, etc. Not that I think Linux is worse than Windows/Mac, but the benefits such as customization and shit are negligible and not of real use if you use computer for serious work/making money. You should not focus on your window manager and icon pack, instead you should focus on learning your fucking software you use for money.
Linux is for autists. Not judging them tho

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43585, Hentaiwatcher69 and Deleted member 19453
Can't use it rn bec there are many programs I can't use on linux even using wine
Wine has been shit for anything more complex than Notepad++. You can't run Autodesk, Adobe, Smith Micro software and much more creative software. Not to mention 'Linux is great for developers' is utter bullshit, since Windows and Mac OS app developer working in .NET and Swift use Windows/Mac exclusively and develop better software than these Linux copers. When developers use terminal they don't use it for installing GIMP, they use it to get node packages or nuget packages, which is independent of your OS and runs the same way in Windows CMD and some shitty Termux or whatever Linux retards use these days.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33579 and humanoidsub7
only dorks use that shit

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
Chad's use macbook

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, pentamogged9000, garoupilled_ and 2 others
No bigger incel trait than using Linux

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING, RecessedChinCel, Lookologist003 and 5 others
Wine has been shit for anything more complex than Notepad++. You can't run Autodesk, Adobe, Smith Micro software and much more creative software. Not to mention 'Linux is great for developers' is utter bullshit, since Windows and Mac OS app developer working in .NET and Swift use Windows/Mac exclusively and develop better software than these Linux copers. When developers use terminal they don't use it for installing GIMP, they use it to get node packages or nuget packages, which is independent of your OS and runs the same way in Windows CMD and some shitty Termux or whatever Linux retards use these days.
Yeah i got more problems with linux than windows. It depends on what you do but in my case I couldn't make it work even after researching through forums and asking for support.

Many people switch to Linux to avoid those shitty window's services but you can disable it if you want your pc to run faster. Idk what's the thing with Linux even though it's cool, I don't see the use of it for the general public.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SlavicGeneral
Not to mention Linux retards brag so much about customization and software availability, when all you idiots decide is whether XTerm is better than Terminator, JFL. Instead of bragging about thousands of terminal emulators, window managers and desktop environments, how about get some actually sophisticated useful software on the platfrom, like Valve is porting games from Steam through Proton.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SonOfDarkseid, poopoohead, Hentaiwatcher69 and 3 others

yeah true linux doesn't have some of the top tier industry standard software but most people don't need it. I don't even use wine because I've never needed it.

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and humanoidsub7
yeah true linux doesn't have some of the top tier industry standard software but most people don't need it. I don't even use wine because I've never needed it.
Trust me I wanted to use Linux, but even simple shit such as driver support for my GPU was awful just a few years back. Not to mention whatever I do on my PC requires commercial software (like I mentioned Autodesk, Adobe, (Unity didn't run previously, now it does), Microsoft Office, DaVinci Resolve didn't run on my distro, etc). If you can get your job done on a Linux machine, you might as well get it done on a Chromebook.

• +1
Reactions: jewslayer and Deleted member 19453
bump
install linux >: (

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 32486
View attachment 2452107

2. It's free

View attachment 2452120
View attachment 2452124
View attachment 2452121
XFCE
View attachment 2452123
XFCE on garuda
View attachment 2452131

View attachment 2452100
View attachment 2452128
9. You don't need to commit to using it. You can just download it onto a usb and plug it in. Then you can use linux without installing it. If you like it you can install it and if you dislike it then just plug out the usb, turn your computer off and on, and you're back to windows.

View attachment 2452083View attachment 2452093View attachment 2452084View attachment 2452086View attachment 2452087View attachment 2452088View attachment 2452090View attachment 2452091View attachment 2452089
View attachment 2452095

Use tails

• JFL

Use tails
I heard qubes mogs, is this true?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 11126
I've been using linux ever since I got a laptop in middle school. Currently using arch with dwm, have been using arch for the past 4 years.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lookologist003 and Deleted member 19453
I've been using linux ever since I got a laptop in middle school. Currently using arch with dwm, have been using arch for the past 4 years.
fuck systemd but cool

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 32486
OpenBASED 😍
just use artix, it’s arch but with runit or openrc
I used artix, had some problem with it I can't recall, decided to go back to arch. I used to be absolutely autistic about distros and in middle school and early HS I was using a new distro every week. I don't care to install another distro

• +1
No man above 3 psl uses linux

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: shalomnigga, Deleted member 33579, mizzy and 4 others
Or you can just debloat windows, wizard.

• JFL
I heard qubes mogs, is this true?
Well tails is ideal since all the info is in the flash drive the moment its removed all memory is deleted.

Btw why did you not say I am high IQ on your other thread disappointed man...

• JFL
View attachment 2452107

2. It's free

View attachment 2452120
View attachment 2452124
View attachment 2452121
XFCE
View attachment 2452123
XFCE on garuda
View attachment 2452131

View attachment 2452100
View attachment 2452128

View attachment 2452095
Ubuntu is pretty good for programming I am experimenting with debian on my thinkpad

• +1
Well tails is ideal since all the info is in the flash drive the moment its removed all memory is deleted.

Btw why did you not say I am high IQ on your other thread disappointed man...
i haven't seen any high iq threads from you
if you have any you want me to read then link it here

• So Sad
  • +1
i haven't seen any high iq threads from you
if you have any you want me to read then link it here

• +1

good threads but I’ve already thought about these things before. I realized from reading these threads that for me to consider someone high iq they also have to talk about topics I haven’t thought about before / be original.

• So Sad
  • +1
good threads but I’ve already thought about these things before. I realized from reading these threads that for me to consider someone high iq they also have to talk about topics I haven’t thought about before / be original.
might as well rope my favorite looksmax user doesn't think I am smart.

• So Sad
Reactions: John Cracovizk and Deleted member 19453
Once I have my own computer I'll try using Linux, good thread

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Deleted member 19453

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: jewslayer and Deleted member 19453
  • Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 11126
Are you at least White tho? Thats the real question. I know Brazil has some real Whites
Idk in the west, but where I live people consider me white, I've been made fun of for being more white than the average person in high school :lul: but I consider myself a latino tho. Some pics for you to take your own conclusion, my mom is white, I think she could larp as european.

Attachments

• 2019s - Copia.jpg
    2019s - Copia.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 0
  • fb148788-8003-46cc-9ef5-069d24a555f2.jpg
    fb148788-8003-46cc-9ef5-069d24a555f2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 11126
View attachment 2452107

2. It's free

View attachment 2452120
View attachment 2452124
View attachment 2452121
XFCE
View attachment 2452123
XFCE on garuda
View attachment 2452131

View attachment 2452100
View attachment 2452128

View attachment 2452095
3663608 1695655463747

• JFL
Reactions: John Cracovizk
Idk in the west, but where I live people consider me white, I've been made fun of for being more white than the average person in high school :lul: but I consider myself a latino tho. Some pics for you to take your own conclusion, my mom is white, I think she could larp as european.
Well your clearly White at heart if you have an interest in linux I guess you are a human being then...

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and John Cracovizk
Kinda. Not really. If you're low dopamine like depressed all the time, just stick with Windows, because you wont have the energy needed to fix the problems that come with using it.
No bigger incel trait than using Linux
Guilty!!!
Post neofetch. Here's mine
Neofetch

It's for for 4GB-of-ramcels
I wonder what OS @thecel uses.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and thecel