Linux Megathread GTFIH

If you're low dopamine like depressed all the time, just stick with Windows, because you wont have the energy needed to fix the problems that come with using it.
Why you gotta do me like this
Brutal

• So Sad
Reactions: Lookologist003
Kinda. Not really. If you're low dopamine like depressed all the time, just stick with Windows, because you wont have the energy needed to fix the problems that come with using it.

Guilty!!!

Post neofetch. Here's mine
View attachment 2452669
It's for for 4GB-of-ramcels
I wonder what OS @thecel uses.

most women these days have random-access vaginas but only Chad has permissions

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, Deleted member 11126, Deleted member 32486 and 1 other person
@capybara are you white?

I don't even have neofetch. I used to be so caught up in ricing and I had made a custom script based off of golfetch, but no longer.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33579, Deleted member 19453 and Lookologist003
most women these days have random-access vaginas but only Chad has permissions

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, thecel and Lookologist003
Kinda. Not really. If you're low dopamine like depressed all the time, just stick with Windows, because you wont have the energy needed to fix the problems that come with using it.

Guilty!!!

View attachment 2452669
It's for for 4GB-of-ramcels
I wonder what OS @thecel uses.
solarized.................fucking disgusting

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Lookologist003
linux is cool, but for the vast majority of users windows is simply better

if you know how to install it properly and adjust configs you can remove a lot of the bloatware and make it reasonably clean

winget also allows for console based program installation, and it works really well

• +1
Reactions: fuse and Deleted member 19453
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
I'm gonna get into Arch first, and then probably distro hop for a while afterwards. I'm not too concerned about cybsec, more just getting the most out of my shit hardware with linux. That, and Windows lacks sovl.

Kanyecel

• Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 11126
I'm gonna get into Arch first, and then probably distro hop for a while afterwards. I'm not too concerned about cybsec, more just getting the most out of my shit hardware with linux. That, and Windows lacks sovl.

View attachment 2452740
wdym getting out of your shit hardware?

• +1
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer

View attachment 2452740
use void instead of arch tho

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and bishōnenmaxxer
You don't get bombarded with notifications as soon as you turn on your computer. For example I just went on a windows computer recently and as soon as I turned it on I got tons of onedrive, microsoft teams, and secutiry bullshit notifications.
you can turn this shit off linuxcel

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453
bump + use linux

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
dnrd debloated windows with every microsoft feature disabled/removed mogs

• So Sad
Using Linix and Android = absolute virgin loser trait.

Iphone + Windows is NT and where it's at. Foids cunts literally dry out when they see a non apple phone. I'm saying this as a certified Network Engineer that currently works as a Sys Admin so don't start giving me retarded copes.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 33579, Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 31155
yes babe. Valve puts a lot of money into making windows games work on linux. The steam deck runs linux.
Tbh I still use windows for games. I have a dual boot pc with Arch and Windows LTSC. I regularly boot on Linux and when I wanna play games I hop on windows.

• Love it
fuck, I remember using Gentoo
having to compile everything eventually got to me
it’s over if you don’t have a Threadripper

• +1
Was much easier to download the AVR GCC toolchain (microcontroller programming) on Windows Subsystem for Linux than in native Windows using cmd TBH

I've tried mint, ubuntu, zorin os and pop os. All user friendly
I would use linux instead of windows because windows is literally spyware
I don't game cuz my pc is shit but my only concern is Office
Sometimes libreoffice is not enough for making documents. You need some tools that aren't available on libreoffice.

• +1
Using Linix and Android = absolute virgin loser trait.

Iphone + Windows is NT and where it's at. Foids cunts literally dry out when they see a non apple phone. I'm saying this as a certified Network Engineer that currently works as a Sys Admin so don't start giving me retarded copes.
no windows for your face
you invite this girl on your house in the first thing she does is ask you to turn your computer on
:ROFLMAO:

• JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 19453
but I constantly see windows users bombarded by notifications the instant they turn their computer on and theres so much bloat it decreases fps. And they are forced to update at the most retarded time. Meanwhile on linux you just install it and never have to update again if you dont want to. And no it doesnt takes any time to learn at all; mint, popos, and ubuntu are all significantly easier to use than windows

no windows for your face
you invite this girl on your house in the first thing she does is ask you to turn your computer on
:ROFLMAO:
Ask @Amnesia about that.
When you’re good looking you compete with other good looking men and things like your phone and main pc OS do make a difference in creatures as shallow as foids

• JFL
Used to use Arch Linux on my old pc due to it only having around 4GB of RAM.

Not gonna lie I'm too lazy to re-install it on my new one but I might dual-boot tbf

• +1
Used to use Arch Linux on my old pc due to it only having around 4GB of RAM.

Not gonna lie I'm too lazy to re-install it on my new one but I might dual-boot tbf
they added an installation script called arch-install so its easy af to install now

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh
Why should you use linux?
Because it mogs the shit out of windows.
1. You don't need to go to websites to download software, everything is in a repository so you can just enter a command in the terminal or use a graphical software manager (pretty much an app store)
View attachment 2452107
This is the llinux mint software center and it has a wide range of software like: google chrome, chromium, firefox, brave, librewolf, blender, gimp, inkscape, audacity, obs, and a lot of other shit.

2. It's free
3. It's almost impossible to get malware because there is barely any malware developed for linux because almost no one uses it. Windows malware doesn't work on linux.
4. You don't get bombarded with notifications as soon as you turn on your computer. For example I just went on a windows computer recently and as soon as I turned it on I got tons of onedrive, microsoft teams, and secutiry bullshit notifications.
5. You can make your computer look however you want (see images at the end). And you don't need a lot of experience to make your desktop look good. There are desktop enviroments that look great out of the box.

For example this is how kde plasma looks out of the box

View attachment 2452120
This is also plasma. This is how your computer can look out of the box if you choose garuda linux as your distribution.
View attachment 2452124
This is how linux mint looks, with the "cinnamon" desktop enviroment.
View attachment 2452121
XFCE
View attachment 2452123
XFCE on garuda
View attachment 2452131
6. A lot of choice for distribution.

View attachment 2452100
View attachment 2452128
7. Significantly lower ram usage on idle than on windows
8. Much better for programming
9. You don't need to commit to using it. You can just download it onto a usb and plug it in. Then you can use linux without installing it. If you like it you can install it and if you dislike it then just plug out the usb, turn your computer off and on, and you're back to windows.

View attachment 2452064View attachment 2452065
View attachment 2452066View attachment 2452067View attachment 2452074
View attachment 2452083View attachment 2452093View attachment 2452084View attachment 2452086View attachment 2452087View attachment 2452088View attachment 2452090View attachment 2452091View attachment 2452089
View attachment 2452095
Linux can be cool but I'm so used to using Windows that it feels weird using it. I don't think I can do as much on a Linux than I can on a Linux PC. For instance, I can open as many VLC files if I want to, but I can only open one on Linux.

• +1
Linux can be cool but I'm so used to using Windows that it feels weird using it. I don't think I can do as much on a Linux than I can on a Linux PC. For instance, I can open as many VLC files if I want to, but I can only open one on Linux.
i would never use linux alone, literally could use linux through windows multiple ways, WSL 2, vscode plugins, and git bash, if your using for non development purposes then idk

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Gengar
i would never use linux alone, literally could use linux through windows multiple ways, WSL 2, vscode plugins, and git bash, if your using for non development purposes then idk
Yeah, I got a computer and multiple laptops, one has Linux because I decided why not? I never use the laptop with Linux. Only Windows PCs or laptops.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and gooner23