Long-term (10-year) efficacy of finasteride in 523 Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia

CursedOne

CursedOne

we are all irrelevant
Insane regrowth, what do U Guys think about it?
From this Article:

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Deprived, Chintuck22 and 2 others
its a good study, Japan is based and prescribes DUT for hairloss aswell so there are I think 1 year studies for it.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Deprived, Oberyn and 1 other person
its a good study, Japan is based and prescribes DUT for hairloss aswell so there are I think 1 year studies for it.
Lets move To Japan and get some hot Ayumis while getting Dut

• Love it
Reactions: Moggie
Lets move To Japan and get some hot Ayumis while getting Dut
and do the English teaching meme, what work can a westerner even get in Japan?

and do the English teaching meme, what work can a westerner even get in Japan?
U cant compete with japs, they are all high iq and work themselfs to death. They are Like Machines.

• +1
If you are NW1-2 your best bet should be applying magnesium chloride into your scalp, subsequently with menatetrenone, both intradermally and you will reverse balding essentialy

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Elvisandreaa and mvp2v1
If you are NW1-2 your best bet should be applying magnesium chloride into your scalp, subsequently with menatetrenone, both intradermally and you will reverse balding essentialy
Post Pic

• +1
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: zharupodrugu, Elvisandreaa, Deprived and 3 others
just chemically castrate yourself goy

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover and Deleted member 19869
I know your full of Shit you nubhuman sigger bitch
how dare you!? you know that @Ada Mustang has a PhD in Broscientific studies right? put some respek on his name

• JFL
Reactions: Moggie and eduardkoopman
  • +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover, Moggie and Deprived
imagine taking a 5ar inhibitor and willingly fucking your whole life up just for some hair
just get chemically castrated theory, what a good looksmax :soy:. Atleast i will have some hair so women can perhaps find me more attractive :feelspepo:

Funny GIF

• +1
Reactions: ThatGuythattype
good study but Asians respond better to 5ar blockers.

• Woah
Shit's tough, best option would be to take TRT + Fin + HCG/Progesterone for the depletion of neurosteroids that 5ar inhibition brings

(progesterone converting to allopregnanolone)

(Supplementing with progesterone and using trial and error to make the inhibition negligible, seeing how much progesterone you are able to handle without negative sides)

This is the main cause of finasteride sides, having depleted allopregnanolone, causing chronic anxiety/depression, ED, fatigue, and overall really shitty symptoms.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to supplement progesterone without TRT, because of the negative feedback it has on androgens.

Allopregnanolone also seems difficult to supplement.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, buflek and Kroker
Shit's tough, best option would be to take TRT + Fin + HCG/Progesterone for the depletion of neurosteroids that 5ar inhibition brings

(progesterone converting to allopregnanolone)

(Supplementing with progesterone and using trial and error to make the inhibition negligible, seeing how much progesterone you are able to handle without negative sides)

This is the main cause of finasteride sides, having depleted allopregnanolone, causing chronic anxiety/depression, ED, fatigue, and overall really shitty symptoms.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to supplement progesterone without TRT, because of the negative feedback it has on androgens.

Allopregnanolone also seems difficult to supplement.

What protocol are you on?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3672
Also there's Evening primrose oil, and beta sitosterol.

Some users on hairlosstalk reported decent results by supplementing both

What protocol are you on?
Right now I'm on TRT (175mg/wk) as well as finasteride 1.25mg EOD and 20mg progesterone cream (10mg morning and night)

Every fin user will get sides, it's bullshit to say that sides don't exist or that only some people get them.

The way the drug works is that everyone gets sides, some more than others, and some deem the sides negligible enough to report that they don't get any sides at all, thus creating a narrative in which some people get sides and some don't, which is simply untrue.

I was natural for and on fin for a while (about 5-6 months), I didn't realize but I had sides the entire time, depression, insomnia, ED (70-80% boners), and anxiety.

I hopped on TRT about 2-3 weeks ago and I randomly crashed super hard, I'm talking about the common symptoms of the post-finasteride syndrome.

I had the worst ED, worst depression, chronic anxiety, and the worst insomnia imaginable (I literally couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time).

After doing a lot of research I found out that most people assume the reason why people get sides is because of lowered DHT levels, which wouldn't make sense any sense, because my testosterone levels were higher than normal being on trt, and thus my DHT was even higher.

However, I got the typical finasteride sides but worse than before, which according to common knowledge about the drug doesn't add up or make any sense.

The reason where most of the sides come from is due to the neurosteroid inhibition caused by 5ar, if you have low LH, to begin with, be careful starting finasteride because it's very likely you'll get the bad end of the stick when it comes to side effects.
(low LH = low progesterone, poor conversion to allopregnanlone = sides)

And when you hop on TRT, your LH is suppressed thus you create little to no progesterone as a result (for most people, some people still have adequate progesterone levels on trt, for me I don't)

And since finasteride inhibits progesterone converting to allopregnanolone, you will get the nasty finasteride sides, because there's already so little progesterone, to begin with (caused by LH suppression), almost none is converted to allopregnanolone thus creating the side effects.

This is why you MUST, or it is highly recommended to add in exogenous progesterone to combat finasteride side effects, but like in my previous post mentioned you can only do so on TRT because of negative feedback.

So I seriously do not recommend using finasteride if you are not on TRT and are not supplementing (progesterone cream) or backfilling progesterone production (HCG).

Because you will get sides undoubtedly, and depending on your baseline LH and progesterone levels this will determine how bad the side effects will be.

Only with TRT coupled with HCG/Exogenous Progesterone, you are able to fight back against the neurosteroid side effects of finasteride, and this is why I am using this protocol.

I guess I should mention that after I added in exogenous progesterone on TRT, all my finasteride side effects went away nearly instantaneously.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Chadethnic101, Kroker and 2 others
Right now I'm on TRT (175mg/wk) as well as finasteride 1.25mg EOD and 20mg progesterone cream (10mg morning and night)

Every fin user will get sides, it's bullshit to say that sides don't exist or that only some people get them.

The way the drug works is that everyone gets sides, some more than others, and some deem the sides negligible enough to report that they don't get any sides at all, thus creating a narrative in which some people get sides and some don't, which is simply untrue.

I was natural for and on fin for a while (about 5-6 months), I didn't realize but I had sides the entire time, depression, insomnia, ED (70-80% boners), and anxiety.

I hopped on TRT about 2-3 weeks ago and I randomly crashed super hard, I'm talking about the common symptoms of the post-finasteride syndrome.

I had the worst ED, worst depression, chronic anxiety, and the worst insomnia imaginable (I literally couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time).

After doing a lot of research I found out that most people assume the reason why people get sides is because of lowered DHT levels, which wouldn't make sense any sense, because my testosterone levels were higher than normal being on trt, and thus my DHT was even higher.

However, I got the typical finasteride sides but worse than before, which according to common knowledge about the drug doesn't add up or make any sense.

The reason where most of the sides come from is due to the neurosteroid inhibition caused by 5ar, if you have low LH, to begin with, be careful starting finasteride because it's very likely you'll get the bad end of the stick when it comes to side effects.
(low LH = low progesterone, poor conversion to allopregnanlone = sides)

And when you hop on TRT, your LH is suppressed thus you create little to no progesterone as a result (for most people, some people still have adequate progesterone levels on trt, for me I don't)

And since finasteride inhibits progesterone converting to allopregnanolone, you will get the nasty finasteride sides, because there's already so little progesterone, to begin with (caused by LH suppression), almost none is converted to allopregnanolone thus creating the side effects.

This is why you MUST, or it is highly recommended to add in exogenous progesterone to combat finasteride side effects, but like in my previous post mentioned you can only do so on TRT because of negative feedback.

So I seriously do not recommend using finasteride if you are not on TRT and are not supplementing (progesterone cream) or backfilling progesterone production (HCG).

Because you will get sides undoubtedly, and depending on your baseline LH and progesterone levels this will determine how bad the side effects will be.

Only with TRT coupled with HCG/Exogenous Progesterone, you are able to fight back against the neurosteroid side effects of finasteride, and this is why I am using this protocol.

I guess I should mention that after I added in exogenous progesterone on TRT, all my finasteride side effects went away nearly instantaneously.
finally someone who knows what hes talking about.

the only problem i see here is that many people who are balding, are also balding because of testosterone. this is why fin sometimes doesnt work for some people and works for others.

if your balding is caused mainly by t, then youre fucked if you inject. unless you try RU but ru + roids can easily fuck up your heart

• +1
finally someone who knows what hes talking about.

the only problem i see here is that many people who are balding, are also balding because of testosterone. this is why fin sometimes doesnt work for some people and works for others.

if your balding is caused mainly by t, then youre fucked if you inject. unless you try RU but ru + roids can easily fuck up your heart
Yeah exactly, this is really important to mention too, testosterone also causes balding and most people only think it's dht.

There's a new drug on the market which would be more ideal than RU, named pyrilutamide or kx-826.

It's supposedly just as effective as RU58841 in combatting androgens with a side effect profile of CB-03-01, so very promising.

But fuck dude, applying topicals daily is so annoying lmao, I wish there was just a pill that could bind to hair follicles and stop androgens from miniaturizing them.

It's hard to win as a man, so much bullshit.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker
Yeah exactly, this is really important to mention too, testosterone also causes balding and most people only think it's dht.

There's a new drug on the market which would be more ideal than RU, named pyrilutamide or kx-826.

It's supposedly just as effective as RU58841 in combatting androgens with a side effect profile of CB-03-01, so very promising.

But fuck dude, applying topicals daily is so annoying lmao, I wish there was just a pill that could bind to hair follicles and stop androgens from miniaturizing them.

It's hard to win as a man, so much bullshit.
ye i know about pyri.

its my last hope. my body is super sensitive to dht supression. even astaxanthin only gave me 80% boners for years and i didnt even know its a 5ar inhibitor.

then tried topical fin and had even stronger sides. if pyrilutamide fails ill just cope with wigs and hope my recession just magically stops like my fathers did

• +1
as well as finasteride 1.25mg EOD and 20mg progesterone cream (10mg morning and night)

1.25mg = OVERDOSE amount.
0.2mg gives 70% of hair gains already.
1mg standard prescriptin, is at least 4x more than needed for most.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
0.2 only reduces like 1/3 of scalp dht I cant remember the exact figure, 1.25 gets rid of half from memory.

you guys are so retarded lmfao, only fin side I got was ball ache on and off, I’ve been on it for two months basically and my erections have been stronger also happiest I’ve been in a long time

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Zhuurst, Elvisandreaa and Moggie
0.2 only reduces like 1/3 of scalp dht I cant remember the exact figure, 1.25 gets rid of half from memory.
WRONG
0.2 mg gets rid of 65%-70%, when 1mg is set at 100%.
And after 1mg the gains are even negliable.
After 0.2mg, one enter zone of MASSIVE deminishing returns.

I read lik 3 or 4 studies confirming this.
I will now take effort, to try to find back at least 1 for you. To post some proof, to debunk your nonsense.

"Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6%).
5mg -67.6%
1mg -68.5%
0.2mg ,-61.2%
0.01mg -10.8%

counted extra or less hairs in 1 inch diameter on scalp, after 6months:
placebo -20 hairs
0.01mg: -9 hairs
0.2mg: +55 hairs
1mg: + 69 hairs
5mg +66 hairs "

https://www.academia.edu/36004198/C...inhibitor_in_men_with_male_pattern_hair_loss_

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10495374/

Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly.. by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively.
Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

1mg perfoprms better then 0.2 mg, but not that much:
0.2 mg -> 56. 5% & 68.6%.
1mg -> 64.1% & 71.4%

Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6% _+ 3.1%, -68.5% _+ 1.4%,-61.2% ___ 1.7%, and -10.8% _+ 4.2% for the 5, 1, 0.2, and 0.01 mg groups,
  • 5mg -67.6%
  • 1mg -68.5%
  • 0.2mg ,-61.2%
  • 0.01mg -10.8%
2659240_hh1.jpg
2659241_hh2.jpg

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 3672
I only use 1.25 because I get 5mg pills and I split them into quarters.

I used to use 0.625mg ED by splitting the pill into 8 parts.

But honestly, it was so difficult to accurately split the pills that I just began using 1.25mg EOD.

If I remember correctly 0.5mg/0.625mg is nearly just as effective as 1mg/1.25mg. I could be wrong though.

Regardless, 0.5mg/0.625mg ED = 3.5mg/4.375mg a week
1mg EOD/1.25mg EOD = 4mg/5mg a week

So the difference is quite negligible, but thanks for bringing that up, 0.5mg ED is what I would normally use If I wasn't on TRT and Progesterone cream, but now I have the tools to fight against the sides I'm not entirely worried, however It still might be a good idea to consider switching back to 0.5mg ED.

• +1
ye i know about pyri.

its my last hope. my body is super sensitive to dht supression. even astaxanthin only gave me 80% boners for years and i didnt even know its a 5ar inhibitor.

then tried topical fin and had even stronger sides. if pyrilutamide fails ill just cope with wigs and hope my recession just magically stops like my fathers did
That sucks, yeah same If I continue to lose hair I'll just end up getting a hair system tbh, I don't think I can pull off the bald look.

• +1
Reactions: buflek
I only use 1.25 because I get 5mg pills and I split them into quarters.

I used to use 0.625mg ED by splitting the pill into 8 parts.
5mg pills is copius size amount, when used for hair.
0.2mg is enough for good hair results
If I remember correctly 0.5mg/0.625mg is nearly just as effective as 1mg/1.25mg. I could be wrong though.
IT'S MORE EXTREME THAN THAT.
0.2mg is nearly as effective as 1mg/1.25mg. (70% as effective). and honestly imo, FUCK taking 5x or 6x the dose, to gain an extra 30%.
Regardless, 0.5mg/0.625mg ED = 3.5mg/4.375mg a week
1mg EOD/1.25mg EOD = 4mg/5mg a week
1.4mg per week is enough (0.2mg x 7 days)
but thanks for bringing that up, 0.5mg ED is what I would normally use
imo. 0.5mg is higher than needed dose still.

i myself am on 0.25 mg to 0.33 mg. for like 2 years now.
i'M gonna switch to topical fina soon though. it moggs, i read in the 1 and only done tests/study.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
WRONG
0.2 mg gets rid of 65%-70%, when 1mg is set at 100%.
And after 1mg the gains are even negliable.
After 0.2mg, one enter zone of MASSIVE deminishing returns.

I read lik 3 or 4 studies confirming this.
I will now take effort, to try to find back at least 1 for you. To post some proof, to debunk your nonsense.

"Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6%).
5mg -67.6%
1mg -68.5%
0.2mg ,-61.2%
0.01mg -10.8%

counted extra or less hairs in 1 inch diameter on scalp, after 6months:
placebo -20 hairs
0.01mg: -9 hairs
0.2mg: +55 hairs
1mg: + 69 hairs
5mg +66 hairs "

https://www.academia.edu/36004198/C...inhibitor_in_men_with_male_pattern_hair_loss_

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10495374/

Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly.. by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively.
Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

1mg perfoprms better then 0.2 mg, but not that much:
0.2 mg -> 56. 5% & 68.6%.
1mg -> 64.1% & 71.4%

Treatment with finasteride significantly decreased serum DHT levels at all doses (median decrease of -67.6% _+ 3.1%, -68.5% _+ 1.4%,-61.2% ___ 1.7%, and -10.8% _+ 4.2% for the 5, 1, 0.2, and 0.01 mg groups,
  • 5mg -67.6%
  • 1mg -68.5%
  • 0.2mg ,-61.2%
  • 0.01mg -10.8%
2659240_hh1.jpg
2659241_hh2.jpg
shame they dont make generic 1mg fin so that it can be quartered.

• +1
Gtfo you delusional redpilled mutt
absolutely ridiculous that this is a black pilled forum and still people have no clue of how fucking dangerous finasteride is, you would need to be extremely self conscious of your balding hairline. It's like playing russian roulette, a huge fucking risk to take, just risk getting chemically castrated together with life long anhedonia for the rest of your life, and the worst is that it can happen at anytime, even years after quitting the drug

taking a 5ar inhibitor ruined my life, i lost the ability to cum months after taking it, wish i could undo it

but if your so stupid to take it even after knowing the side effects of it, then what can i say, you deserve it

• JFL
Reactions: TruestTruecel
absolutely ridiculous that this is a black pilled forum and still people have no clue of how fucking dangerous finasteride is, you would need to be extremely self conscious of your balding hairline. It's like playing russian roulette, a huge fucking risk to take, just risk getting chemically castrated together with life long anhedonia for the rest of your life, and the worst is that it can happen at anytime, even years after quitting the drug

taking a 5ar inhibitor ruined my life, i lost the ability to cum months after taking it, wish i could undo it

but if your so stupid to take it even after knowing the side effects of it, then what can i say, you deserve it
Hey man, you should get some blood tests done, specifically for allopregnanolone and maybe progesterone too, because people with Post-finasteride disorder seem to have almost no allopregnanolone and this is what causes the persistent symptoms.

This can potentially be reversed.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11134, Kroker and Deleted member 19869
5mg pills is copius size amount, when used for hair.
0.2mg is enough for good hair results

IT'S MORE EXTREME THAN THAT.
0.2mg is nearly as effective as 1mg/1.25mg. (70% as effective). and honestly imo, FUCK taking 5x or 6x the dose, to gain an extra 30%.

1.4mg per week is enough (0.2mg x 7 days)

imo. 0.5mg is higher than needed dose still.

i myself am on 0.25 mg to 0.33 mg. for like 2 years now.
i'M gonna switch to topical fina soon though. it moggs, i read in the 1 and only done tests/study.
How do you go about taking 0.25-0.33mg? Do you get 1mg pills and split them?

I'm considering lowering my dosage even more now tbh. I've read those studies before but I just shoved it into the back of my mind almost, sort of stupid.

Hey man, you should get some blood tests done, specifically for allopregnanolone and maybe progesterone too, because people with Post-finasteride disorder seem to have almost no allopregnanolone and this is what causes the persistent symptoms.

This can potentially be reversed.
Back when I took finasteride, 0.83mg EOD (I cut the 5mg pill into 6 pieces) = 2.5mg a week.

First week went by I got more libido and better erections.

Third week, insomnia got me... Note that this is the second time I tried finasteride. Last time I did was daily and got insomnia too which I had to stop using it.

I still have the debilitating insomnia tho.

Anyways don't you think it's a little bit of hustle? Injecting TRT weekly + apply preg cream?

Q2) where do you apply the cream?

• +1
Back when I took finasteride, 0.83mg EOD (I cut the 5mg pill into 6 pieces) = 2.5mg a week.

First week went by I got more libido and better erections.

Third week, insomnia got me... Note that this is the second time I tried finasteride. Last time I did was daily and got insomnia too which I had to stop using it.

I still have the debilitating insomnia tho.

Anyways don't you think it's a little bit of hustle? Injecting TRT weekly + apply preg cream?

Q2) where do you apply the cream?
I mean I wasn’t hopping on TRT solely to combat the fin sides, I was going to do it regardless for the benefits of test.

I pin EOD, with insulin syringes and low volume so it’s not really much of a hassle for me, insulin syringes make things much easier.

But I guess for someone who is just interested in combatting the sides it might seem like a lot, so I understand.

You apply the cream anywhere where it’s absorbed easily, so inner arms, inner legs, palms and even face as well as chest.

After 1 day of using the cream my insomnia was cured, it honestly shocked me, I also had extremely debilitating insomnia just like you, so I can understand and it really sucks.

Last edited:
  • +1
I mean I wasn’t hopping on TRT solely to combat the fin sides, I was going to do it regardless for the benefits of test.

I pin EOD, with insulin syringes and low volume so it’s not really much of a hassle for me, insulin syringes make things much easier.

But I guess for someone who is just interested in combatting the sides it might seem like a lot, so I understand.

You apply the cream anywhere where it’s absorbed easily, so inner arms, inner legs, palms and even face as well as chest.

After 1 day of using the cream my insomnia was cured, it honestly shocked me, I also had extremely debilitating insomnia just like you, so I can understand and it really sucks.
Can you link the product?

Will you will lower the dose? Like 0.5mg EOD and hope for no sides?!

Have you read about Evening primrose oil and beta sitosterol? They benefit hair as some hairlosstalk users reported

• +1
Can you link the product?

Will you will lower the dose? Like 0.5mg EOD and hope for no sides?!

Have you read about Evening primrose oil and beta sitosterol? They benefit hair as some hairlosstalk users reported

Yeah I think I’ll do that tbh, starting tomorrow I’ll be lowering my dose to 0.625mg EOD, thanks for the suggestion.

Hey but remember you can’t use this cream without exogenously replacing your testosterone with TRT, or else it’ll mess up your T production.

And no I haven’t, I’ll look into that though.

I found a very good website about some other ways of halting hairloss and increasing regrowth, It was very promising and the treatments made a lot of sense, when I find it, I’ll link it.

• +1
How do you go about taking 0.25-0.33mg? Do you get 1mg pills and split them?
Yeah.
I split 1 mg pills.
I split them into 3. Because they do tiny that splitting them into 1/4 or 1/5 falls
I'm considering lowering my dosage even more now tbh. I've read those studies before but I just shoved it into the back of my mind almost, sort of stupid.
Took me quit some time to investigate also.
I hate to go enter into diminishing returns dose with medications. Because it increases side affects risks while the benefits are small.

Topical fina moggs though

• +1
Yeah.
I split 1 mg pills.
I split them into 3. Because they do tiny that splitting them into 1/4 or 1/5 falls

Took me quit some time to investigate also.
I hate to go enter into diminishing returns dose with medications. Because it increases side affects risks while the benefits are small.

Topical fina moggs though
If you have no sides with 0.25mg why would you decide to go through all the hassle of the topical application?

I mean you just pop a pill and go on with your day!

Also do you take any other meds with finasteride rather than minox? Like vitamins or supplements?

Have you read about EPO evening primrose oil?

• +1
imagine taking a 5ar inhibitor and willingly fucking your whole life up just for some hair
just get chemically castrated theory, what a good looksmax :soy:. Atleast i will have some hair so women can perhaps find me more attractive :feelspepo:

Funny GIF

Just make fun of them, you're probably not balding yet or have good beard growth, good luck when the Norwood Reaper knocks on your door.

T causing balding is a myth

• Hmm...
Reactions: Moggie and buflek
been on fin for about 9 months now for diffuse thinning. 1.25mg every day. seems to have more or less stopped thinning but i have not noticed any regrowth. no negative side effects noticed. libido increased, also incidentally stopped like 80% of my acne. would it be a good idea to hop on dut for like a year and see if i can get some regrowth out of it then get back down to fin to lock those regrown hairs in?

been on fin for about 9 months now for diffuse thinning. 1.25mg every day. seems to have more or less stopped thinning but i have not noticed any regrowth. no negative side effects noticed. libido increased, also incidentally stopped like 80% of my acne. would it be a good idea to hop on dut for like a year and see if i can get some regrowth out of it then get back down to fin to lock those regrown hairs in?
Dont know about dut but why would fin stop acne?