Magnesium forms

Kroker

Kroker

Unfazed
Are all forms of magnesium help with bone density?!

I'm speaking mainly about Glycinate, Malate, Taurate and Citrate.

I've tried Glycinate but I couldn't tolerate it.

What's the best form for bone mass?!

• +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend
Are all forms of magnesium help with bone density?!

I'm speaking mainly about Glycinate, Malate, Taurate and Citrate.

I've tried Glycinate but I couldn't tolerate it.

What's the best form for bone mass?!
All are good for bone mass because they work together with calcium (though their absorption is antagonistic)
With a 2:1 calcium:magnesium ratio you build bone mass better, most people have worse ratio since they rely on dairy for calcium (which has 15:1 ratio or something like that) and eat little magnesium-rich foods.

Malate - I've heard it's shit
Taurate - I've heard it helps with sports performance
Glycinate - I've heard it has big absorption because of being bound to amino acid
Citrate - this shit (hehe) is laxative, not a good source

Personally I use magnesium chloride. It requires "less" digestion because it's already bound to chloride particle (other form of magnesium would still do that in your stomach, as it has hydrochloric acid HCl) and it's cheap. Got 1 kg (more than 2 pounds) for the equivalent of like 1.90-2 USD in my country.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mxrcyy0, Kroker and Sir Galachad
The only thing that is affected by the forms are bioavailability i.e. how much of it is absorbed. After that it's still just magnesium and has the same effect as every other form.

• +1
All are good for bone mass because they work together with calcium (though their absorption is antagonistic)
With a 2:1 calcium:magnesium ratio you build bone mass better, most people have worse ratio since they rely on dairy for calcium (which has 15:1 ratio or something like that) and eat little magnesium-rich foods.

Glycinate - I've heard it has big absorption because of being bound to amino acid

Personally I use magnesium chloride. It requires "less" digestion because it's already bound to chloride particle (other form of magnesium would still do that in your stomach, as it has hydrochloric acid HCl) and it's cheap. Got 1 kg (more than 2 pounds) for the equivalent of like 1.90-2 USD in my country.

I use citrate, and it doesn't cause any issues for me. It's the dose that makes the poison.

• +1

How do you achieve the 2:1 Ca:Mag ratio?

You said that daily dairy intake 15:1 then we should eat less dairy to achieve 2:1?

• +1
How do you achieve the 2:1 Ca:Mag ratio?

You said that daily dairy intake 15:1 then we should eat less dairy to achieve 2:1?
Eat more magnesium (you're probably not eating too much calcium, just too little magnesium) or supplement it
1-2 grams of calcium per day is fine. 2 is upper range. 0.6 is needed to prevent deficiency. Divide by 2 and this is how much magnesium you should be getting

• +1
Reactions: Kroker

where'd you hear that malate is shit? i thought it was one of the better ones, based on all the reddit posts ive searched on it

where'd you hear that malate is shit? i thought it was one of the better ones, based on all the reddit posts ive searched on it
Which form are you considering to buy?!

Which form are you considering to buy?!
i'm honestly considering magnesium spray. apparently magnesium absorbs better through the skin than by eating it. lots of ppl are saying so

• +1
Reactions: Kroker