Malar implants

WanderingBurro

WanderingBurro

Kraken
Something I've been doing a bit of looking into as of recent to address my lack of midface since a lefort 3 is a pipe dream. As some of you may know. Cheek implants are usually split up into three main categories being submalar, malar(shell), or a combination of the two. Submalar implants are employed to give a full rounded cheek appearance, also known as those weird looking apple cheeks you tend to see in most cheek implant results. These type make up for a large majority of cheek implant procedures. In the attached photo down below up to 98% of their cases use the submalar variety of implants along with detailing that more malar focused implants would be used for a higher cheekbone appearance

Joe niamtu on malar implants

So what is this remaining 2% like? Unfortunately for only being such a rare choice of implants there aren't too many pics of them floating around, but these few gathered here can give you a good example

Malar implants

First lady: combined malar/submalar implants
Second guy: malar and chin implants + buccal fat removal
Third guy: malar implants + face lift and a brow lift

First thing you may notice that these look far less bloated and more angular than your average cheek implant result and also seemed rather effective in addressing mid face deficiencies (note eye bags are considerably less noticeable in all results although would mostly take note of the second result as the first has a difference in lighting/angle and the third is also combined with a face lift)

Also take note that all of these are off the shelf/none are custom and even then off the shelf implants can be somewhat customised as fully explained in the video below

For some users this may just be water, though hopefully for some it'll come as helpful since cheek implants tend to have the bad rep of always looking fake and bloated (keep note that the second guy also just appears rather fat and could benefit from a bit of leaning out to really bring out their new definition) and some people think wasting the price of a car on Eppley is the way to go

May this water thread help some of you on your looksmaxxing journeys 👍

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers, AspiringMogger, Lonenely sigma and 3 others
There are 3 types of implants, 1 (submalar) making you look bloated, another (malar) making you defined and angular, last is a combined variation of the two. The vast majority of all cheek implant procedures are the first leading to chipmunkmaxxed results. Most of this forum would probably benefit from the second

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper and ChristianChad
@NegativeNorwood thoughts?

To mimic the appearance of a Le Fort 3 advancement you'll also have to augment the infraorbital area with alloplastics otherwise you'll just hollow it out more if you only alter the malar eminence.

Custom designed implants or nothing, never go with off-the-shelf implants.

Men should not ever augment the submalar area, this is meant for women and many surgeons refer to it as the rounded "apple cheek" look.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, AscendingHero, Swole bravo and 3 others
To mimic the appearance of a Le Fort 3 advancement you'll also have to augment the infraorbital area with alloplastics otherwise you'll just hollow it out more if you only alter the malar eminence.

Custom designed implants or nothing, never go with off-the-shelf implants.

Men should not ever augment the submalar area, this is meant for women and many surgeons refer to it as the rounded "apple cheek" look.

I've seen some infraorbital+malar implant designs that looked promising though I've never seen any in actual use

Most of the results posted don't seem to suffer too much from hollowness despite only getting malar implants (minus the third getting a face lift) to have their eye area make some notable improvements so I'm not sure if it should be as much of a concern to not be getting infraorbitals

I wouldn't be so harsh against off the shell implants, even Dr. Y mostly (if not only) ustilised off the shell implants. Off the shell variants are often suitable enough less the case of extreme malformities, not to mention off the shell implants can also be slightly customised to a degree for some fine-tuning. The steep prices also make custom implants not an option for a lot of users

Attachments

• image (1).gif
    image (1).gif
    620.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: fruitgunpop, NegativeNorwood and WanderingBurro
So what is this remaining 2% like? Unfortunately for only being such a rare choice of implants there aren't too many pics of them floating around,
There aren't many good examples of cheekbone implants, period.

This is a bit too basic if your actually considering getting malar implants

A more thorough knowledge of your face and the specific type of custom implant is needed or you’ll likely get a suboptimal result

• +1
Reactions: Swole bravo and ChristianChad
inframalar implants only

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Swole bravo and NegativeNorwood

Based, will call Jewppley and show him this to finally ascend. You truly are a good friend bhai :feelskek:

Are there any images of inframalar results? I've found a ton of pictures showcasing a 3D inframalar design or of inframalar implants placed atop patients' skin in Eppley's gallery but I haven't found any actual after result of using them. Not to mention I've seen too many cartoonish results from Eppley to trust they really have much of an aesthetic eye despite creating their own custom implants

Upon a second search Yaremchuk indeed has worked with custom implants. Their results are pretty decent but alongside being as expensive as Eppley, some threads here lead me to belive they're going senile and are not to be fully trusted cutting up my face like a pizza

Are there any other surgeons skilled with custom implants that aren't these two to consider? Or at least a pic of an inframalar implant in use

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Are there any images of inframalar results? I've found a ton of pictures showcasing a 3D inframalar design or of inframalar implants placed atop patients' skin in Eppley's gallery but I haven't found any actual after result of using them. Not to mention I've seen too many cartoonish results from Eppley to trust they really have much of an aesthetic eye despite creating their own custom implants

Upon a second search Yaremchuk indeed has worked with custom implants. Their results are pretty decent but alongside being as expensive as Eppley, some threads here lead me to belive they're going senile and are not to be fully trusted cutting up my face like a pizza

Are there any other surgeons skilled with custom implants that aren't these two to consider? Or at least a pic of an inframalar implant in useI
I got infraorbital malars with Dr. Y earlier this year. Slightly too large, but hes trimming them down. Look like Toni Mahfuds/Meeks

Honestly, you really only looking at Eppley, Dr. Y, Dhrir, or Pagnoni. No one else has enough experience to trust. Standard maxfacs may not have the specialized expertise needed either.

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro and ChristianChad
I got infraorbital malars with Dr. Y earlier this year. Slightly too large, but hes trimming them down. Look like Toni Mahfuds/Meeks

Honestly, you really only looking at Eppley, Dr. Y, Dhrir, or Pagnoni. No one else has enough experience to trust. Standard maxfacs may not have the specialized expertise needed either.
How much did Dr. Yamyam charge for inframalars? Are they too large on their own? Sometimes some chin augmentation helps balance out malar implants like in second result I attached. The malar implants alone might've come off as a bit bloated but are balanced out with the chin augmentation he had in addition

Compared to this sorta odd result which ignored the chin entirely

Cheek Aug 3 1

How much did Dr. Yamyam charge for inframalars? Are they too large on their own? Sometimes some chin augmentation helps balance out malar implants like in second result I attached. The malar implants alone might've come off as a bit bloated but are balanced out with the chin augmentation he had in addition

Compared to this sorta odd result which ignored the chin entirely

View attachment 1906721
I also got a wraparound jaw implant - they are too large with that even. Wanted to push on model-level, but pushed slightly too far. He's trimming them so will be fine.

All of that with paranasals was 31k

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
I also got a wraparound jaw implant - they are too large with that even. Wanted to push on model-level, but pushed slightly too far. He's trimming them so will be fine.

All of that with paranasals was 31k

What my original bimax plans alone would've cost me 😩

Wish your implant reduction the best I'd be crying if I spent 31k for results that weren't immediately stellar