Man wtf why did my jaw surgery not make me look better (according to true rate me)

Y

yakitorifootballer

Iron
I got a 5 rate before and after on r/Truerateme. To me I think I look better. I am still swollen in the upper face. But 6 weeks from now when I have no swelling, will that make such a difference?

High key I think people are treating me like I’m more attractive out on the street and at stores. Maybe it is true a good chin for a man is like having nice features on a female (breasts). So people overlook the shortcomings in the rest of my face.

Needed this for health reasons, covered by insurance. Added genioplasty for aesthetics.

Attachments

• 60E5A93E-2435-4A6F-9D03-035CE584D5D5.jpeg
    60E5A93E-2435-4A6F-9D03-035CE584D5D5.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 799088CA-7209-4867-A6A4-009E37885B4D.jpeg
    799088CA-7209-4867-A6A4-009E37885B4D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 9BB8D399-04CF-4916-9019-5EB866C6317F.jpeg
    9BB8D399-04CF-4916-9019-5EB866C6317F.jpeg
  • 9ADBDBEA-26CC-4D6A-B5DE-4442B7EAE275.jpeg
    9ADBDBEA-26CC-4D6A-B5DE-4442B7EAE275.jpeg
  • A4BF297E-0E31-43C6-9B5C-C0CA34B0786C.jpeg
    A4BF297E-0E31-43C6-9B5C-C0CA34B0786C.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 8577A295-6710-4690-8F78-2EB5DFFBA577.jpeg
    8577A295-6710-4690-8F78-2EB5DFFBA577.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 0
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
are the first 2 pics after?

It’s looks like only your maxilla and chin were advanced not mandible

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: malicieusss, Allornothing, elzde95 and 7 others
first 2 pics look best

first 2 pics look best
Well I just wonder how the swelling going down will improve my situation then. At least my nose will go back to looking like that. But as you can tell in the third photo I had an abysmal side profile that I just couldn’t go on with.

It’s looks like only your maxilla and chin were advanced not mandible
I don’t see that from the photos. Seeing the two side shots, in third photo (before) I had no definition across my chin. Now, I have a defined chin all the back to the ear.

This might be what people appreciate now because it sure isn’t my face head on.

huge difference

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
That's what I've been saying, here too, people have too loose of a definition for average if you get literal jaw surgery yet you get rated the same

good base. looks like you still have severe overbite. you need to go for round 2

welcome to looksmax my birdcel brother :Comfy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: malicieusss, Deleted member 29167, WagedandReady and 3 others
good base. looks like you still have severe overbite. you need to go for round 2

welcome to looksmax my birdcel brother :Comfy:
Lmaooo. No you’re right it does look like that but that’s almost entirely the swelling. It goes down each day. Going to give it 6 weeks before I call it final form.

That being said, I’m not about to be so far above average with a little better lip. So I’m worried about all this shit. Literally jaw surgery with Genio and people say I still look average? That’s brutal.

That's what I've been saying, here too, people have too loose of a definition for average if you get literal jaw surgery yet you get rated the same
Right on brother. I mean my side profile difference I think went from thismanisfuckedforlife to now it’s nicely defined. I think people absolutely register a difference in real life. But internet people are fair in their own way so there’s obviously truth to the idea that I don’t look any better.

Lmaooo. No you’re right it does look like that but that’s almost entirely the swelling. It goes down each day. Going to give it 6 weeks before I call it final form.

That being said, I’m not about to be so far above average with a little better lip. So I’m worried about all this shit. Literally jaw surgery with Genio and people say I still look average? That’s brutal.
You were subhuman. You’re a normie now

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 19499 and thereallegend

not swelling. your mandible is still severely set back

• +1
Reactions: LightSkinNoob
Very handsome in before pic ngl

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
This

+ wtf did u get a reverse nose job or what
It’s all swollen my upper face is basically protruding because of the work they did internally in nasal cavity.

You said I looked good in before pic, some of those features are coming back like that same nose and cheek area. Swelling distorts like a mf.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
not swelling. your mandible is still severely set back
We will see. Jaw surgeon said days ago that as the top half goes down in swelling, including nose and cheek and lips, harmony will come. My nasal cavity all that was operated on so upper face is protruding currently.

Maybe this was a bad idea to post when I have a month of swelling left. Or maybe you are right. My occlusion is perfect now though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167
  • +1
Reactions: normie_joe, Mongrelcel and Deleted member 18840
It’s all swollen my upper face is basically protruding because of the work they did internally in nasal cavity.

You said I looked good in before pic, some of those features are coming back like that same nose and cheek area. Swelling distorts like a mf.
Oh makes sense. Jaw looks better tho . Tag me if u post final result . How long till swelling disappears?

your frontal is worse lol bc midface over projected lel gg. your tried for super anteface and got fucked unfortunately @StreegeReturn

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 28414 and Deleted member 18840
hope to god your midface goes down much more

• +1
Reactions: yakitorifootballer and Deleted member 18840
your frontal is worse lol bc midface over projected lel gg. your tried for super anteface and got fucked unfortunately @StreegeReturn
Was explaining above that swelling has 6 weeks to go at least so upper face protruding like a mf

Was explaining above that swelling has 6 weeks to go at least so upper face protruding like a mf
pretty sure youll end up w a bit more than normal but hope it calms down to an acceptable level plus overall youre not above avg. no harmony and no striking feats to make up for it

Oh makes sense. Jaw looks better tho . Tag me if u post final result . How long till swelling disappears?
To completely dissipate, mid September. Each day it has been going down, but how optimistic can I be. Not about to do a 180 and be Chad Lite. But man that would be a story.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
You look a lot better. Mandible is much improved. What were your movements?

pretty sure youll end up w a bit more than normal but hope it calms down to an acceptable level plus overall youre not above avg. no harmony and no striking feats to make up for it
The striking feature is supposed to be the nice chin according to the surgeon who said it will be prominent once upper face swelling is down.

But what else can I do to salvage this if not full ass jaw surgery

• +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax
The striking feature is supposed to be the nice chin according to the surgeon who said it will be prominent once upper face swelling is down.

But what else can I do to salvage this if not full ass jaw surgery
wider mandible and whats your midface ratio, maybe you need a lip lift for harmony. may need to pull lower jaw forward too see if it matches the midface later
i checked at .93 you need something to give a shorter llusion. its very hard to be gl at .93 and that pic has your head tilted up so its prob .9

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
You look a lot better. Mandible is much improved. What were your movements?
Thanks, but man why is that such a rare take here / everywhere

- 20mm forward pagoneon
- B point 14-15mm forward
- Upper Advanced 6-7mm.
- 5 mm CCW rotation

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin
wider mandible and whats your midface ratio, maybe you need a lip lift for harmony. may need to pull lower jaw forward too see if it matches the midface later
Yeah will have to see where things land and get the mid face ratio then.

Mostly have been told my ICD / eye distances are all fucked.

But here’s something, the Hollywood filter on Face App makes my face look a lot better without moving features around too much. It does bring eyes in closer a bit but barely.

Attachments

• 3E251C7C-D9FA-408D-BE27-1EEEE9FA5665.jpeg
    3E251C7C-D9FA-408D-BE27-1EEEE9FA5665.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: Blackgymmax
Yeah will have to see where things land and get the mid face ratio then.

Mostly have been told my ICD / eye distances are all fucked.

But here’s something, the Hollywood filter on Face App makes my face look a lot better without moving features around too much. It does bring eyes in closer a bit but barely.
increaes your pfl pfw and better midface ratio

I don’t see that from the photos. Seeing the two side shots, in third photo (before) I had no definition across my chin. Now, I have a defined chin all the back to the ear.

This might be what people appreciate now because it sure isn’t my face head on.
your bottom lip isn't lined up with the top for some reason

Thanks, but man why is that such a rare take here / everywhere

- 20mm forward pagoneon
- B point 14-15mm forward
- Upper Advanced 6-7mm.
- 5 mm CCW rotation
wow those are very large movements of your lower jaw. how much of that was the genioplasty?

I got a 5 rate before and after on r/Truerateme. To me I think I look better. I am still swollen in the upper face. But 6 weeks from now when I have no swelling, will that make such a difference?

High key I think people are treating me like I’m more attractive out on the street and at stores. Maybe it is true a good chin for a man is like having nice features on a female (breasts). So people overlook the shortcomings in the rest of my face.

Needed this for health reasons, covered by insurance. Added genioplasty for aesthetics.
I can't stand your frauded picture, nerd.

Perfect example of how front view matters most.

If you were aiming for aesthetic improvment you should've gotten infraorbital implants, Rhino, a wraparound jaw implant and possibly a canthoplasty

I have a similar normie starting base to you and I feel that bimax would be a waste of time for me.. What do you think OP?
2998281 20220724 191627

• JFL
Reactions: Yerico7, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and bogii
You're normie-tier now

not enough chin projection

which doctor you went for?

Show your surgery plan. Looks like too little bsso advancement was made

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
Not sure what’s before and after...looks still cucked

If you were aiming for aesthetic improvment you should've gotten infraorbital implants, Rhino, a wraparound jaw implant and possibly a canthoplasty

I have a similar normie starting base to you and I feel that bimax would be a waste of time for me.. What do you think OP?
View attachment 1795323
Fair enough, though the health improvement from this was necessary and so it was inevitable to do this procedure.

I am still considering those other sort of changes, starting with eye stuff. I think best course of action is go to plastic surgeon and have them suggest shit. I wonder how much can be improved by swelling coming down, so I won’t be seeing anyone before then. Only internet untrained opinions for now.

I don’t have the knowledge to be helpful to you outside of this last thing, I think people respect a strong jaw line. I think women appreciate it like men appreciate nice breasts. Men will look past a lot of features for nice breasts / figure. A good jaw line seems to get a different kind of respect than just being attractive / pretty boy. It’s like how a beard garners respect, but chicks don’t like beards.

Show your surgery plan. Looks like too little bsso advancement was made
Sent above. Tip of chin moved a full ass 20mm forward, but the swelling in my upper face is lingering and distorts the final appearance.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Sent above. Tip of chin moved a full ass 20mm forward, but the swelling in my upper face is lingering and distorts the final appearance.
No pics of surgery simulation = no care

Attachments

• 2C74EE53-9E49-429A-8B9F-C047DEA7FAD2.jpeg
    2C74EE53-9E49-429A-8B9F-C047DEA7FAD2.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 0
  • +1

View attachment 1795323
Here’s something.

I had someone photo shop this photo to give me a better chin. No other changes. The edit got rated a literal 6 on TRM. How did I end up getting the surgery and not see legit improvement.

Attachments

• A5CEF25A-92B7-428A-BBD8-2D62F094C83B.jpeg
    A5CEF25A-92B7-428A-BBD8-2D62F094C83B.jpeg
    963.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0EEA26F2-6C40-42C4-A4C4-58FBCBC08DF3.jpeg
    0EEA26F2-6C40-42C4-A4C4-58FBCBC08DF3.jpeg
okay its a good plan somehow your soft tissue fucked you but you def look better

Could be the swelling. 6+ weeks left of swelling to go down, so soft tissue is distorting final form. The nasal cavity work is inflaming my nose and upper lip and cheeks.

But I don’t see a miracle coming post swelling.

• +1