Man wtf why did my jaw surgery not make me look better (according to true rate me)

I got a 5 rate before and after on r/Truerateme. To me I think I look better. I am still swollen in the upper face. But 6 weeks from now when I have no swelling, will that make such a difference?

High key I think people are treating me like I’m more attractive out on the street and at stores. Maybe it is true a good chin for a man is like having nice features on a female (breasts). So people overlook the shortcomings in the rest of my face.

Needed this for health reasons, covered by insurance. Added genioplasty for aesthetics.
Go fix your tiny neck it will give you better look

I got a 5 rate before and after on r/Truerateme. To me I think I look better. I am still swollen in the upper face. But 6 weeks from now when I have no swelling, will that make such a difference?

High key I think people are treating me like I’m more attractive out on the street and at stores. Maybe it is true a good chin for a man is like having nice features on a female (breasts). So people overlook the shortcomings in the rest of my face.

Needed this for health reasons, covered by insurance. Added genioplasty for aesthetics.
Idk what your surgeon did but they should NOT have touched your maxilla at all and just moved your mandible a fuck ton forward. That’s all you needed.

• +1
Reactions: drop
Could be the swelling. 6+ weeks left of swelling to go down, so soft tissue is distorting final form. The nasal cavity work is inflaming my nose and upper lip and cheeks.

But I don’t see a miracle coming post swelling.
I'm actually in a similar starting position as you as far as the neighborhood of movements I want to see in my DJS (have my consultation next week). Has there been any more incremental improvement with your recovery?

Right here bruh
Tip of chin moved a full ass 20mm
Your surgeon coped with too much genio. You should’ve gotten a larger BSSO

IMG 9456

Morph with more mandibular projection. Do you even have occlusion bro? You look like yo still have an overjet after surgery lmfao.

Just looked at your X-ray again bro you barely needed any maxilla advancement. Just CCW and big BSSO and genio. Instead I don’t even think you got a BSSO just a genio and Lefort lmfao.

• +1
Reactions: drop
It’s looks like only your maxilla and chin were advanced not mandible
No? You can clearly tell his mandible changed, he has a more defined jaw line and angle in the after. I guess it wasn't advanced.

Last edited:
Looks like a monkey, you have PSL brain rot
Low IQ. His surgeon literally gave him a fucking 20mm genio to cope because he did too small of a mandible movement lmfao.

Op literally has a convex profile after bimax just lol

• +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship and VenatorLuparius
Low IQ. His surgeon literally gave him a fucking 20mm genio to cope because he did too small of a mandible movement lmfao.

Op literally has a convex profile after bimax just lol
Doesn't change the fact he looks like a monkey/dog in the moprh. Your brain is degenerating from spending too much time here obviously.

What the actual fuck. Jaw surgery candidate before and adter

• +1
Reactions: RecessedChinCel
Doesn't change the fact he looks like a monkey/dog in the moprh. Your brain is degenerating from spending too much time here obviously.
Jfl at greycels just hang yourself bro. You have no clue what you are talking about. The surgeon over-advanced his maxilla and chin to begin with lmfao.

What the actual fuck. Jaw surgery candidate before and adter
Not sure, but I suspect OP may not have decompensated the bite pre-surgery which is why the surgeon couldn’t do a large BSSO. So that’s why he had to cope with large genio and why he had to advance the maxilla so much.
@Gaia262

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Anchor_Ship

Who gives a shit what some retards at that shithole subreddit think, your face has def improved.