Maxilla and occlusal plane

fras

fras

The Giantslayer
Sup boyos,

surgery is coming ever closer and I have to decide whether I want CCW or just forward movement. If my occlusal plane is flat (which it is), there would be no need for CCW right? In that case I'd push the surgeon to cut as high as possible and just move everything forward as far as possible. From what I know CCW hinders the range of other movements, so ideally I wouldn't get it.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Is just read about CCW rotation of the maxillomandibular complex.

f624-06-9781416043898.jpg

A , A patient with a concave profile (facial contour angle +1 degree). The maxillomandibular complex triangle is rotated in clockwise direction, increasing the occlusal plane angle (facial contour angle = −12 degrees). B , A patient with a severe convex profile (facial contour angle −33 degrees). By rotating the maxillomandibular complex triangle counterclockwise and decreasing the occlusal plane angle, a straight profile is obtained (facial contour angle = −15 degrees).

The surgical correction of the severe convex profile in Figure 12-6, B will require maxillary superior repositioning and mandibular and chin advancement. Counterclockwise rotation of the maxillomandibular complex will enhance the mandibular advancement and reduce the need for excessive advancement of the chin.

The last part sounds like it's only need in extreme cases. So maybe if you only need a relatively small advancement CCW is not needed :unsure:

Last edited:
Bump we need high iqcsls here

Mirin indeed.. good luck with the surgery.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao