Meat made us human

P

Prettyboy

Banned
An ape's ribcage widens as it descends making room for a large gut to ferment plant matter.

The human ribcage tapers as it descends as our digestive tract is about ½ the size as would be expected for a similar-size primate.

An ape has a small head.
Humans have huge heads.

These are telling pieces of anatomy. Why?

The Expensive Tissue Hypothesis tells of an important tradeoff:

Our brain weighs 5X what you’d expect for a mammal our size.

It uses 20% of our daily energy expenditure, burning calories at 10X the rate of the body as a whole (it takes a lot of energy to fire nerve cells and pump ions across cell membranes)

But humans don’t burn more calories than is expected of a mammal our size.

We have an energy budget that we must balance, and the brain takes a huge chunk of that balance.

Thus, we have a conundrum, the brain's huge energy expenditure has to be offset by something else.

The gut took the fall.

If you add our gut and our brain together, their summed weight is what you'd predict for a mammal our size.

The energy saved by a smaller gut compensates for that required by a larger brain.

Humans sacrifice gut size and the ability to process plant material for a big brain that facilitates hunting success via intelligence, language, tool- / weapon-making, and cooperation.​

TL;DR

We aren't the biggest, fastest, or strongest animal, but by sacrificing our large plant-processing gut we could fuel an outsized brain with meat - the tradeoff (gut for brain) that catapulted us to the top of the food chain. Cooking greatly aided this process

AD44390F CFE1 4D62 BEAE 8DAC88284E0C

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel, nandor, Deprived and 18 others
no bro u coping humans evolved to be be 300 lbs ogres who put oil on their bodies and wear tiny thongs

• JFL
Reactions: Slayercel, Deleted member 17872, Deprived and 5 others
idk I think its a mixture its pretty obvious we have some adaptations towards eating meat for example a complete herbivore like a rabbit you can induce heart disease and death from feeding it meat in a matter of months if not weeks, we aren't like that but there is evidence to suggest we can't tolerate saturated fat in high quantalities like most true adapted omnivores

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551, SoonToAscend, germanlooks and 1 other person
We aren't the biggest, fastest, or strongest animal,

View attachment 1808512
We evolved with endurance and stamina in mind. That's why humans have complex slow twitch fibers, a lack of fur, and a lot of sweat glands. A cheetah can run a much higher top speed than a human, but cannot run the same distance we can before keeling over towards exhaustion.

Gorillas have like 10 to 8 times denser and thicker bones than we do that's a large reason muscle mog us despite having way lower test levels.

Tigers are 700 pounds of mostly muscle mass and they're actually quite lazy.

• +1
Reactions: kokoszanel, Lmao, Lawton88 and 1 other person
We evolved with endurance and stamina in mind. That's why humans have complex slow twitch fibers, a lack of fur, and a lot of sweat glands. A cheetah can run a much higher top speed than a human, but cannot run the same distance we can before keeling over towards exhaustion.

Gorillas have like 10 to 8 times denser and thicker bones than we do that's a large reason muscle mog us despite having way lower test levels.

Tigers are 700 pounds of mostly muscle mass and they're actually quite lazy.

So humans that can sprint really fast and/or lift a lot of weight are a throwback to our more primitive days? Though I would think the fairly recent mixing with Neanderthals may account for the strength in some people.

So humans that can sprint really fast and/or lift a lot of weight are a throwback to our more primitive days? Though I would think the fairly recent mixing with Neanderthals may account for the strength in some people.
@Prettyboy runs slow and gets tired running, is involuting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
true scientifically backed but remember we are omnivores

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1660
cope. Most important source of energy and most efficient source of energy is glucose. We evolved to eat fruits meat eggs and dairy. some grains dont hurt if they are thoroughly cooked, but just meat is disastrous.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Sub0, thesedamnjuuuman, Deleted member 19551 and 2 others
*panting* day… *gasp* FOUR guh.. on… *pant* ca-carnivore…

idk I think its a mixture its pretty obvious we have some adaptations towards eating meat for example a complete herbivore like a rabbit you can induce heart disease and death from feeding it meat in a matter of months if not weeks, we aren't like that but there is evidence to suggest we can't tolerate saturated fat in high quantalities like most true adapted omnivores
our teeth also aren’t like the teeth of a 100% carnivore species

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel, Deleted member 15827 and SubhumanCurrycel
I have a tiny ribcage.

Does that mean I am an apex predator?🦖🦖🦖

• JFL
Reactions: Slayercel and Prettyboy
91A45F8E 57DC 4CB9 BE3B 1CCA4287E109

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Slayercel, Deleted member 17872, Artemis and 5 others
@Prettyboy u never mentioned how you cook your meat and what seasoning you add on it?

cope. Most important source of energy and most efficient source of energy is glucose. We evolved to eat fruits meat eggs and dairy. some grains dont hurt if they are thoroughly cooked, but just meat is disastrous.
this

true scientifically backed but remember we are omnivores
We are facultative carnivores. We thrive on animal food but can survive on plants as well at the cost or hindering our health. This versatile survive mechanic has allowed us to conquer our planet

Unless you are near the Equator, you cannot naturally consume fruits year around.

Remove modern technology and all grocery stores, it’s january and -15C in the middle of Europe. You are spawned into a snowy forest like this:
3BFEF748 0F50 4F85 8F73 65FC536F4D96

What kind of fruits or vegetables will you eat? How will you survive?

Grains are naturally toxic unedible grass like plants. You weren’t meant to eat them, humans domesticated them for cheap calories but even thousands of years of breeding couldn’t get rid of their antinutrients completely, like wheat’s gluten

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SteveRogers, 5'8manlet, incel194012940 and 4 others
We are facultative carnivores. We thrive on animal food but can survive on plants as well at the cost or hindering our health. This versatile survive mechanic has allowed us to conquer our planet

Unless you are near the Equator, you cannot naturally consume fruits year around.

Remove modern technology and all grocery stores, it’s january and -15C in the middle of Europe. You are spawned into a snowy forest like this:
View attachment 1809742

What kind of fruits or vegetables will you eat? How will you survive?

Grains are naturally toxic unedible grass like plants. You weren’t meant to eat them, humans domesticated them for cheap calories but even thousands of years of breeding couldn’t get rid of their antinutrients completely, like wheat’s gluten
Just imagine you're in a inhospitable place and deduce a nutritional science from this schizo hypothesis theory

We are obviously omnivores, and some ethnic groups depending on ancestry do have a higher leaning toward plants than meat compared to others. However, he is most likely correct about humans being meat dominant omnivores. Humans evolved to exhaust their prey, and that's why we are efficient at long-distance movement. A classic description of how humans hunt is as such: "Imagine you are a bison. You see human figures appear on the horizon. They get closer. You run. They keep appearing. You exhaust yourself due to inefficiency of body. You can run faster but not longer. Eventually you exhaust yourself to death and they eat you after words."

Bipedal movement and the ability to sweat and move large distances gave humans the advantage over other animals when hunting, besides throwing. We were designed for the consumption of meat because it is a more efficient method of obtaining nutrients. Everyone knows how much plant matter has to be consumed to match a meat diet. It's simply inefficient. However, certain micronutrients were more available in plants, and some ethnic groups evolved to utilize plant-based matter more than others. This is for the same reason that natives can't metabolize alcohol. Some groups were separated from certain food sources and others were not. Organ meats are a super food, mainly liver. Kiwis are a super food as well. There is no absolute diet choice for all people, but most peoples tend to do better with meat in their diets.

My opinion is that 70% and up of diet should be meat and the remaining can be supplemented with other nutritious vegetables/produce.
Realistically if you eat good amount of healthy meat and some well-selected veggies/fruits you'll be healthy and well supported in your endeavors by your diet.

• +1
Reactions: Darwined, nandor and currylightskin
Oh, and if you are white you likely definitely need more meat in your diet. Europeans evolved in colder climates and naturally required non-farmable food. Mainly animal products and meat. This likely also aided europeans in becoming taller to an extent as the protein that was being obtained would supply for more height. It is obviously necessary to have high quality protein to become tall. Colder climates induce harsher selective processes, and therefore meat was naturally a requirement for any white boy for most of human history. Fish is meat too fish is a big playa fr.

hey bro I lost ur thread about 6 meals/day so I come here but I just wanted to know how you trained (if you trained until you was hurt or not, and how much rest days or training days/week.. etc)

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
i am going full carnivore after my test cycle, as i am pretty much designed for it, i hate all carbs and veggies except for bread

do you have to take any supplements on carnivore?

i currently got hydrolyzed collagen powder, vitamin c, vitamin d

anything that is mandatory to take?

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
hey bro I lost ur thread about 6 meals/day so I come here but I just wanted to know how you trained (if you trained until you was hurt or not, and how much rest days or training days/week.. etc)
Ive been following a custom made upper lower routine for a long time now:
https://looksmax.org/threads/how-i-...aturally-my-detailed-exercise-routine.431952/

People usually change things up from time to time but I’ve had constant results with it so I sticked with this

i am going full carnivore after my test cycle, as i am pretty much designed for it, i hate all carbs and veggies except for bread

do you have to take any supplements on carnivore?

i currently got hydrolyzed collagen powder, vitamin c, vitamin d

anything that is mandatory to take?
If you eat all carnivore food groups (muscle meat, organs, dairy, eggs), then no they arent necessary

You only need to up your vitamin C intake if you eat a lot of carbs. Collagen powder is a good suppliment, but you can subtitute it with meat soup too for a natural source of glycine

Magnesium tablets might be needed if your water source doesn’t have enough of it (it varies a lot by location). You can also just drink mineral water too

In our natural habitat groudn water would have enougj magnesium in it, it might no longer be the case everywhere

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25544
Cooking greatly aided this process
Need evidence.
I consume both obviously, but I honestly can’t think of a single was as to how cooking can be in any way positive.

Need evidence.
I consume both obviously, but I honestly can’t think of a single was as to how cooking can be in any way positive.
from what i have deduced, probably has to do with a better digestion of food, that ends up in a higher energy intake

No because no humans are fast compared to actual fast animals. The fastest humans are comparitively slow as fuck. Like alligators are way faster than Usain Bolt. And more primitive apes aren't really much faster either.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Need evidence.
The argument is that the net energy is greater because cooking is like pre-digesting the food.
The thing that doesn't make sense to me is how a less intelligent ape with a smaller brain learned how to cook food. Right? Because they're saying cooking enabled large brains to evolve, so it must have preceded large brains. But there is currently a tribe that hasn't discovered fire, so how could a more primitive human or ape learn to cook food? And how does that tribe, the Sentinelese, support its big human brain if cooked food is necessary for big brains? Clearly it's not necessary.

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
from what i have deduced, probably has to do with a better digestion of food, that ends up in a higher energy intake
But cooking destroys enzymes.
There are people with genes that disallow them to utilise cooked protein (the cause of Alzheimers; hence why it’s muh “genetic”), so I don’t see how it could be the case.

Need evidence.
The key is nutrient density. The higher you are on the food pyramid, the more nutrient dense food you have access to, which allows the digestive system to be less complex and shorter, while the brain can grow (as humans 20% of all our energy goes into maintaing our brain)

Herbivores need huge bellies with multiple stomachs to turn their food into short chain amino acids for energy as plant matter is incredibly nutrient sparse. Carnivores have flat bellies and we can further this by cooking our meat and in a way predigesting it exogenously

• +1
Reactions: nandor
I dont give a fuck about studies, meat is delicious and I will continue eating it