Medial Canthus

MisterMercedes

MisterMercedes

Kraken
Downturned medial can thus is not a masculine trait or necessary for guys to have. It is a feminine dimorphic trait.

Women have lower nasal bridges/glabellas, meaning their frontal process of maxilla is lower and thus medial can thus is. A sharper or more squared infra orbital rim is a feminine dimorphic trait, and that is caused by a lower frontal process (medial can thus) in relation to zygomatic process (lateral canthus). In other words, higher degrees of PCT is feminine, not masculine.

As you can see, the males, on average, have more rounded infraobrital rims due to higher nasal bridges and glabellas, while the females have sharper ones. This results in male having more neutral canthal tilt , while females have more positive canthal tilt.

In real life:

FF6115B1 A6CD 4E87 A5E9 B8CDC868A015

vs

Low medial can thus is also a neotonous trait as babies have lower nasal bridges and glabellas:

Study that confirms the feminine dimorphism of a downturned medial can thus:

Facial feminization experts that talk about low or downturned medial can thus being a feminine trait:

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 12218, Deleted member 2157 and 7 others
How are you gonna make a thread about medial canthus without mentioning the medial canthus king

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, owlofathena, datboijj and 1 other person
Images

Does it not refute this?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Looks234, Deleted member 10913 and 5 others
@TheEndHasNoEnd time 4 me 2 rope

How are you gonna make a thread about medial canthus without mentioning the medial canthus king
View attachment 930995
his is really good but it's too alien and doesn't have enough angularity

david gandy/atesh salih has ideal medial canthus

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and 5'8manlet
Muhh feminine muhhh
D8413969d3773eec30e00c21ed9c6c82

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Shrekguy3838, AscendingHero, 5'8manlet and 1 other person
View attachment 930996
Does it not refute this?
If he can find sources to support that, I’m open to reading. So far there’s already lots of problems and pseudoscience in that post, such as a “long medial can thus being masculine”. No such thing as a long or short medial canthus. Any perceived difference in length is due to squinting, makeup, etc.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6723 and StrangerDanger
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, tyronelite and magnificentcel
too much gives the gay alien look tbh

• +1
Reactions: lenin and StrangerDanger
Finding someone whose face is almost entirely masculine except for one trait to prove that said trait is masculine is lazy.

View attachment 931012
Are you going to argue high set brows are masculine because Momoa has them?
Do you realize that medial canthus is skin tissue related? Also his aren't high set at all, they're very low set, but also positively tilted

• +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx, datboijj, magnificentcel and 1 other person
Not using this as my main support, but even portraits/prototypes of attractive males or females highlight this difference in canthal tilt:

DC7940FA 0BD5 4E0B 9F89 AE854B41F757
5BD85C54 9F6C 45A7 9A2B DC92F6EB04A6

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: A L P H A M A L E and datboijj
Do you realize that medial canthus is skin tissue related? Also his aren't high set at all, they're very low set, but also positively tilted
You can’t have low set brows and his degree of positive tilt. That’s why neutrally tilted eyebrows are masculine and positive or arched are feminine:

Don’t know what you mean by “skin tissue related”. If you’re implying medial can thus position isn’t determined by bone structure, I highly recommend you research more on periorbital anatomy. Both canthi are connected to ligaments, which are in turn connected to bone processes. Medial palpebral ligament is attached to frontal process of maxilla, lateral palpebral ligament is attached to frontal process of zygomatic.

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and tyronelite
Masculine Features have nothing to do with beauty unlike Feminine Features which are just there to attract

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
If you need me to draw it out for you:

Chico, who many say has medium or highish set eyebrows:
7DF87208 316F 4A84 8283 95D701B17470

Momoa’s:

27389770 3538 407F 96DA AB1D5C6E3BD2

O’ Pry’s:

A78E08D6 9FA6 4E5E 81F3 371833505CC1

Please don’t try to argue Momoa has low set brows.

Masculine Features have nothing to do with beauty unlike Feminine Features which are just there to attract
Dimorphism is attractive in both genders, within reason. Balance of dimorphism and aesthetics is necessary for highest appeal.

• +1
Reactions: basedred and AscendingHero
Reminder OP has the medial canthus of a female toddler

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj and TheEndHasNoEnd
Downturned medial can thus is not a masculine trait or necessary for guys to have. It is a feminine dimorphic trait.
if it was a purely feminine trait then it wouldnt be any more attractive on guys, yet clearly it is. pct is first and foremost a sign of health.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848, owlofathena and TheEndHasNoEnd
You can’t have low set brows and his degree of positive tilt
Men have their inner corner eyebrows closer to the eyes, this part is bone related
Mamoa has that but also his eyebrow follicles are positioned to a positive tilt
That’s why neutrally tilted eyebrows are masculine and positive or arched are feminine
It's true, but, the type of eyebrows that mamoa has (low set inner corners, and rest positively tilted) is ideal because it's the most low trustworthy, which is arguably more important than masculinity
Don’t know what you mean by “skin tissue related”. If you’re implying medial can this position isn’t determined by bone structure, I highly recommend you research more on periorbital anatomy.
Isn't it rather the lateral canthus that is positioned by bone? The actual shape of the medial canthus is completely skin tissue and tendons. An example of this is andreas eriksen, where his medial canthal shape is extremely downturned but his lateral canthi are in a neutral tilt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9779
Dimorphism is attractive in both genders, within reason. Balance of dimorphism and aesthetics is necessary for highest appeal.
For men only am extremely feminine faced women will look good but an extremely masculine face won’t look as good

b4a28ddb59c0a07ad1a33fb033bec42a.png

• JFL
Reactions: Racky, Deleted member 9779 and Deleted member 10987
if it was a purely feminine trait then it wouldnt be any more attractive on guys, yet clearly it is. pct is first and foremost a sign of health.
Saying a trait is not feminine because some attractive guys have it is pretty weak. Refer to my point about Momoa.

Saying a trait is not feminine because some attractive guys have it is pretty weak. Refer to my point about Momoa.
all i'm saying is that i think it's more a sing of health than of femininity. that is not to say that it isn't a more feminine than masculine feature, i'd agree with you there. though it certainly increases one's attractiveness substantially in both genders.

Men have their inner corner eyebrows closer to the eyes, this part is bone related
Mamoa has that but also his eyebrow follicles are positioned to a positive tilt

It's true, but, the type of eyebrows that mamoa has (low set inner corners, and rest positively tilted) is ideal because it's the most low trustworthy, which is arguably more important than masculinity

Isn't it rather the lateral canthus that is positioned by bone? The actual shape of the medial canthus is completely skin tissue and tendons. An example of this is andreas eriksen, where his medial canthal shape is extremely downturned but his lateral canthi are in a neutral tilt
View attachment 931046
“Men have their inner corner eyebrows closer to the eyes, this part is bone related”
Possibly, but that’s due to density or amount of follicles, not the position of the glabella. If we were purely going of position of glabella and not eyebrow density, males would have higher inner eyebrows, females would have lower, on average.

Not going to argue Momoa looks trust. He obviously does, and Down turned inner eyebrow may be low trust (I think flat brows also look low trust, thick, dense, and dark eyebrows in general look low trust).

Neutrally tilted lateral can thus? What?

Eriksen has very high PCT (feminine) due to high set zygomatic and thus lateral can thus (masculine) but low nasal bridge and thus medial can thus (feminine). Downturned or “sharp” medial can thus is just high PCT to the extreme, which is determined by the attachment of the palprebral ligaments, which is determined by the position of their corresponding bone attachments.

Last edited:
all i'm saying is that i think it's more a sing of health than of femininity. that is not to say that it isn't a more feminine than masculine feature, i'd agree with you there. though it certainly increases one's attractiveness substantially in both genders.
Don’t think so. Better to have a high medial can thus than low if you’re a male, vice verse if you’re a female. No evidence that a low or downturned medial can thus is a sign of health, plenty of evidence that it is a feminine dimorphic trait.

For men only am extremely feminine faced women will look good but an extremely masculine face won’t look as good
Hyper masculine faces have lots of appeal:

I would again say a balance of dimorphism and aesthetics is necessary for highest appeal. The above guys have hyper masculine bone structure and skin tone but ideal/close to ideal aesthetic proportions.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: datboijj and Deleted member 10987
Sharp,downturned Medial Canthus is a striking feature, a must have in both genders. Great if you have them. As long your MC is not bad (average) it isnt a necessity. Concerning attractiveness medial canthus is one of the few features that makes a face striking, standout above others.

Sharp,downturned Medial Canthus is a striking feature, a must have in both genders. Great if you have them. As long your MC is not bad (average) it isnt a necessity. Concerning attractiveness medial canthus is one of the few features that makes a face striking, standout above others.
May be striking but I don’t think striking always means attractive, and certainly not dimorphic. Barrett has a very striking face but the things that make his face striking are also the things that make him have low sex appeal.

It’s definitely not a must have. Vast majority of attractive guys don’t have it.

Last edited:
Those are maesthetic ur retard not hyper masculine
Not going to get in a debate about what terms like “maesthetic” mean. Momoa and Holloway have hyper masculine bone structure and skin tone + ideal proportions. I sent them in response to your comment that masculinity has “nothing to do with beauty”.

Last edited:
May be striking but I don’t think striking always means attractive, and certainly not dimorphic. Barrett has a very striking face but the things that make his face striking are also the things that make him have low sex appeal.

It’s definitely not a must have. Vast majority of attractive guys don’t have it.
Lets say a sharp, downturned MC are more frequent in females than in males, thats what makes that certain feature attractive because girls are hardwired narcy. They love seeing feminine features in others especially in a man's face because they are familiar with it, it mirrors a female trait, and since they love themselves, they have a high narcissist levels compare to men, it actually helps to attract the opposite gender, than repel them, because of the bias circulate in this community "Masculine Features" only. "Pretty boys" are worshipped like a god, e.g prime justin beiber, because he mirror some feminine traits without overshadowing his masculinity.

Lets say a sharp, downturned MC are more frequent in females than males, thats what makes that certain feature attractive because girls are hardwired narcy. They love seeing feminine features in others especially in a man's face because they are familiar with it, it mirrors a female trait, and since they love themselves, they have a high narcissist levels compare to men, it actually helps to attract the opposite gender, than repel them, because of the bias circulate in this community "Masculine Features" only. "Pretty boys" are worshipped like a god, e.g prime justin beiber, because he mirror some feminine traits without overshadowing his masculinity.
Think Bieber is mostly attractive because of fame. Not saying feminine traits can’t be attractive or pretty boy appeal doesn’t exist, but taking each trait in isolation, ideal is dimorphic (masculine for males, feminine for females). I wouldn’t say thin eyebrows, prominent malar fat, or narrow chin is ideal for males simply because it “mirrors” typical female faces.

I wouldn’t say thin eyebrows, prominent malar fat, or narrow chin is ideal for males simply because it “mirrors” typical female faces.
That is why i said without "overshadowing masculine features". Jordan barrett have a low SMV because he have femine features that overshadow his masculines. Prime Delon have femme fetures but it never step over his manly ones. Zayn have some feminine features, Prime Pattinson have some too.

• +1
Reactions: bobsmith03
That is why i said without "overshadowing masculine features". Jordan barrett have a low SMV because he have femine features that overshadow his masculines. Prime Delon have femme fetures but it never step over his manly ones. Zayn have some feminine features, Prime Pattinson have some too.
Agreed.

I think fem lips and eye area is good but fem skull and bone structure is not the best

I’d say if you’re going for a downturned medial can thus to a achieve a feminine or pretty boy eye area look, it shouldn’t be extreme like Eriksen’s or Salih’s. Basso’s is as extreme as you can before you start to look uncanny/far from the average:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: justadude
However, I still don’t see your reason for thinking a downturned medial can this is ideal for guys because it’s feminine, but don’t think the other traits I mentioned (narrow chin, thin eyebrows, prominent malar fat pad) are on the grounds that they “overshadow masculinity”. Why do these feminine traits override masculinity whereas low medial can thus doesn’t?

If you’re arguing that a masculine face with some feminine features is ideal, I am inclined to agree. I think guys like Pitt, Depp, Delon, etc. have more appeal than hyper masculine guys like Momoa or Holloway.

That still doesn’t change that, when talking about features in isolation, ideal is dimorphism. I wouldn’t say a narrow chin is ideal or a “must have” for guys even though lots of attractive guys have it. I would still say it’s a failo in general.

(Deleted)

However, I still don’t see your reason for thinking a downturned medial can this is ideal for guys because it’s feminine, but don’t think the other traits I mentioned (narrow chin, thin eyebrows, prominent malar fat pad) are on the grounds that they “overshadow masculinity”. Why do these feminine traits override masculinity whereas low medial can thus doesn’t?

If you’re arguing that a masculine face with some feminine features is ideal, I am inclined to agree. I think guys like Pitt, Depp, Delon, etc. have more appeal than hyper masculine guys like Momoa or Holloway.

That still doesn’t change that, when talking about features in isolation, ideal is dimorphism. I wouldn’t say a narrow chin is ideal or a “must have” for guys even though lots of attractive guys have it. I would still say it’s a failo in general.
Would you say fof males the ideal lips should be thick and full?

Would you say fof males the ideal lips should be thick and full?
Depends what you mean by that, but yes, research shows women have a strong preference for full lips.

It is a feminine trait but it’s also a sign of good health and blood flow. Also larger lips means more nerve endings on vermilion, which means more feeling in the lips, so obviously a suggestive trait.

I think it’s less important for guys to have them than women though.

I’d say if you’re going for a downturned medial can thus to a achieve a feminine or pretty boy eye area look, it shouldn’t be extreme like Eriksen’s or Salih’s. Basso’s is as extreme as you can before you start to look uncanny/far from the average:

View attachment 931348
Basso has feline eyes

If he can find sources to support that, I’m open to reading. So far there’s already lots of problems and pseudoscience in that post, such as a “long medial can thus being masculine”. No such thing as a long or short medial canthus. Any perceived difference in length is due to squinting, makeup, etc.
i agree why do ppl keep saying you need a long medial canthus if there’s no such thing? downturned maybe but long no

i agree why do ppl keep saying you need a long medial canthus if there’s no such thing? downturned maybe but long no
Because they are not informed on facial anatomy and/or think edited/squintfrauded modeling pictures are representative of real life appearance.

• +1
Reactions: sadcellife