Mewing question

joonla

joonla

Bronze
Do I keep my natural bite while mewing? I have an overbite and jaw is shifted more to one side, and when mewing, I push my lower teeth forward and make contact with just my front teeth, while keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Is this okay/better to do? Or should I do natural bite + mewing. Thanks

looks like we have one from tiktok here

• JFL
Reactions: Manana, N1666, virren and 3 others
looks like we have one from tiktok here
sun21
Iron
Joined Oct 14, 2021
Last seen A moment ago · Managing account details

Looks like we have TWO from tiktok here

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manana, N1666, virren and 10 others
What most people don't mention in regards to mewing is lip pushing while doing it. If you have an overbite /w receded chin, it's likely that that your lower incisors and / or lower alveolar ridge are curved outwards to meet the upper ridge and your chin and mandible are set back.

You have to push your teeth with your lips inside-wards otherwise you risk further outwards teeth prominence.

Recessed chins are partly caused by protruding dental arches / teeth. Pushing your teeth in will improve the look of your chin, no question about it.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: poopoohead, Deleted member 15854, 5'7 zoomer and 2 others
Forget bite or teeth contact, focus on correct tongue posture and swallow

and don't start placing your tongue while your mouth is open, you might do this to feel where it should be before sealing your lips.

MEWING DOES NOTHING

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing and St.TikTokcel
What most people don't mention in regards to mewing is lip pushing while doing it. If you have an overbite /w receded chin, it's likely that that your lower incisors and / or lower alveolar ridge are curved outwards to meet the upper ridge and your chin and mandible are set back.

You have to push your teeth with your lips inside-wards otherwise you risk further outwards teeth prominence.
What do you mean by lip pushing?

all you have to do is seal your lips gently, any further teeth prominence is prevented by the lips.

maxillary prognathism is caused by the lack of lip seal and or tongue thrust

we only need 1.7g of lip pressure to move anterior teeth, the lip exerts a force of 100-300g while the tongue exerts a force of 500g against the anterior teeth. therefore it isn't required to put any further unnecessary pressure on top of the natural posture.

What do you mean by lip pushing?

all you have to do is seal your lips gently, any further teeth prominence is prevented by the lips.

maxillary prognathism is caused by the lack of lip seal and or tongue thrust

we only need 1.7g of lip pressure to move anterior teeth, the lip exerts a force of 100-300g while the tongue exerts a force of 500g against the anterior teeth. therefore it isn't required to put any further unnecessary pressure on top of the natural posture.
No. Lip seal isn't enough. The teeth will naturally be pushed outwards in people with overbite because as you're mewing the lower incisors are angled and will hit the upper teeth with the direction that will result in protrusion.

Recessed chins are partly caused by protruding dental arches / teeth. Pushing your teeth in will improve the look of your chin, no question about it.
So you are saying expansion of the dental arch can cause recessed chin? You mean during puberty? I'm getting Invisalign and they will expand dental arch

So you are saying expansion of the dental arch can cause recessed chin? You mean during puberty? I'm getting Invisalign and they will expand dental arch
No I'm saying the forward extension of the upper jaw - arch in relation to the lower jaw - arch causes a recessed chin

• +1
Reactions: king_bandon
No I'm saying the forward extension of the upper jaw - arch in relation to the lower jaw - arch causes a recessed chin
How to fix recessed chin and how do I know if I have one?

How to fix recessed chin and
See this discussion
how do I know if I have one?
recessed-vs-forward-faces.jpg

• Ugh..
Reactions: poopoohead

I don’t understand, how do I push my teeth with my lips? What does this look like ?

I don’t understand, how do I push my teeth with my lips? What does this look like ?
Why don't you react to my answers?

Push your teeth with your lips = push lips inwards.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and 5'7 zoomer

what if i cant push the lower teeth with lips, only the upper teeth?

How do you push your teeth inward with your lips? It seems i cant do it

More poorcel cope

• Ugh..
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer

IMG 20230214 153927

Looks like my case tbh

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
No. Lip seal isn't enough. The teeth will naturally be pushed outwards in people with overbite because as you're mewing the lower incisors are angled and will hit the upper teeth with the direction that will result in protrusion.
If you're advocating that you should actively tighten your lips then you are completely foolish

all this will end up doing is giving you wrinkles and deforming your lips

Your idea is completely flawed, you are approaching a problem from an orthodontic perspective while using orthotropic principles. Trying to isolate structures like the teeth and using facial musculature to move them is a very terrible idea, and I am guessing this is based on your facepulling idea which just cannot be applied using facial muscles.

If you're advocating that you should actively tighten your lips then you are completely foolish

all this will end up doing is giving you wrinkles and deforming your lips

Your idea is completely flawed, you are approaching a problem from an orthodontic perspective while using orthotropic principles. Trying to isolate structures like the teeth and using facial musculature to move them is a very terrible idea, and I am guessing this is based on your facepulling idea which just cannot be applied using facial muscles.
Usage of lip muscles won't give you wrinkles or deform your lips.

Stop posting idiotic comments.

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: poopoohead and 5'7 zoomer
Usage of lip muscles won't give you wrinkles or deform your lips.

Stop posting idiotic comments.
Yes if you consciously apply an external force (facial muscles) in order to pull the teeth back because of muh overbite and lower incisor angle

you complete and utter imbecile, nobody fully knows how any of this works and you're sitting here telling people to clench their lips and mentalis in order to push their teeth back into place. This just means you have no idea what causes maxillary prognathism.

Either you're an abused dog trying to purposefully spread misinformation or an idiot.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This member limits who may view their full profile.

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, Hipcel and 5'7 zoomer
@5'7 zoomer you want to say something? say it in a reply instead of reacting

you realized you're an outcast reject and decided to make a goodbye thread only to still browse the forum and leave worthless replies

speak up

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: gribsufer1, Hipcel and 5'7 zoomer
@5'7 zoomer
3192013 IMG 20221206 215902

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and 5'7 zoomer

most retardrd logic ever why does bo one understand FUCK mike mew in thta video said people should STOP doing that, it causes the lower teeth to go back worsening/causing an overbite while making the chin go further im front, causing the mentolabial fold to be deep, but they were like " free genio!!! "god why is everyone here such a retard !

• +1
Reactions: Solidcoin
most retardrd logic ever why does bo one understand FUCK mike mew in thta video said people should STOP doing that, it causes the lower teeth to go back worsening/causing an overbite while making the chin go further im front, causing the mentolabial fold to be deep, but they were like " free genio!!! "god why is everyone here such a retard !
Its so idiotic, its not that hard to understand

people like him are purposefully spreading misinformation, and its coming from someone speculating on theories made 5 years ago
and believes in hard mewing
JZgDhiP

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Hipcel, St.TikTokcel, 5'7 zoomer and 1 other person
Do I keep my natural bite while mewing? I have an overbite and jaw is shifted more to one side, and when mewing, I push my lower teeth forward and make contact with just my front teeth, while keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Is this okay/better to do? Or should I do natural bite + mewing. Thanks

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 15854
lightly rest molars on top each other in natural position, nigga

fr nigga, ive managed to retrocline lowers incisors from lip seal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, ascension and Deleted member 15854
MENTOLABIAL FOLD SITS AT THE ALVEOLAR RIDGE LEVEL. ALVEOLAR RIDGE GOES IN ALONG WITH LOWER INCISORS, NO FOLD.

• Ugh..
Yes if you consciously apply an external force (facial muscles) in order to pull the teeth back because of muh overbite and lower incisor angle

you complete and utter imbecile, nobody fully knows how any of this works and you're sitting here telling people to clench their lips and mentalis in order to push their teeth back into place. This just means you have no idea what causes maxillary prognathism.

Either you're an abused dog trying to purposefully spread misinformation or an idiot.

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

This member limits who may view their full profile.
SHUT UP YOU STUPID IDIOT.

It's called alveolar remodeling and it works. Don't like it? No one cares.

Overbite is caused by upper jaw prognathism and lower incisors angled outwards most of the time.

Stop polluting mewing threads with your stupid retarded takes, you room temperature IQ monkey with your second account.

Just leave, delusional clown.

• Ugh..
MENTOLABIAL FOLD SITS AT THE ALVEOLAR RIDGE LEVEL. ALVEOLAR RIDGE GOES IN ALONG WITH LOWER INCISORS, NO FOLD.
draw a diagram

Its so idiotic, its not that hard to understand

people like him are purposefully spreading misinformation, and its coming from someone speculating on theories made 5 years ago
and believes in hard mewing
View attachment 2137240
The first theory is from a DOCTOR you absolute brainlet. Rotated maxilla with its back being to high up. Click the fucking link you dofus.

Go fix your assymetric jaw you ethnic coper and stop polluting threads with close minded coping horseshit.

• Ugh..
The first theory is from a DOCTOR you absolute brainlet. Rotated maxilla with its back being to high up. Click the fucking link you dofus.
Did I say it was wrong? its the fact that you only coming across old information this late and already making up retarded assumptions out of the little you understand, incredibly baffling the audacity coming from a low iq reject.
Go fix your assymetric jaw you ethnic coper and stop polluting threads with close minded coping horseshit.
asymmetric jaw? this entire sentence is pure projection. if you approach this coversation between us, the only coping nonsense is coming from your room temperature theories. You have not refuted any of my arguments but instead called me "idiotic" dispite me only refuting the claims which you have made.

I am not the one telling people to squinch their fucking lips to move teeth you absolute baffoon

Took 2 replies to get this mentally disturbed rodent to follow my threads and react to every post, stockholme syndrome ridden abused dog on a leash, keep barking for me

SHUT UP YOU STUPID IDIOT.

It's called alveolar remodeling and it works. Don't like it? No one cares.
I can already see your hand trembling through the screen as you type this message
Tenor 2

Overbite is caused by upper jaw prognathism and lower incisors angled outwards most of the time.
All you did was describe what an overbite means and not what causes it, you don't even understand what causes an overbite. You also believe in hard mewing another ancient theory that is completely idiotic.
Stop polluting mewing threads with your stupid retarded takes
I have no takes, I am only exposing your subhuman iq and reading comprehension
you room temperature IQ monkey with your second account.
Maybe this is projection again? I cant fathom the inner machinations of a subhuman mutt I apologize

its hard to believe I haven't rotted in this god forsaken forum as hard as you have despite me being registered for 4 years, i browse to read anything useful then leave

Did I say it was wrong? its the fact that you only coming across old information this late and already making up retarded assumptions out of the little you understand, incredibly baffling the audacity coming from a low iq reject.
I understand far better his theory than you, you stupid ethnic clown.
Where's the criticism again?
Absolute moron.
asymmetric jaw? this entire sentence is pure projection. if you approach this coversation between us, the only coping nonsense is coming from your room temperature theories. You have not refuted any of my arguments but instead called me "idiotic" dispite me only refuting the claims which you have made.

I am not the one telling people to squinch their fucking lips to move teeth you absolute baffoon

Took 2 replies to get this mentally disturbed rodent to follow my threads and react to every post, stockholme syndrome ridden abused dog on a leash, keep barking for me
Yes your jaw is asymmetric just like your asymmetric retarded brain.

Teeth can move with light forces over extended periods of time, and lip muscles will get stronger over time, it's not like your muscles that always stay weak you utter frog fart trash.

Go jump off a cliff and stop polluting earth's atmosphere and this forum with your retardium copes.

• Ugh..
I can already see your hand trembling through the screen as you type this message
View attachment 2137713
No this is your hand, when a 60kg + man is looking at you angry. You weak coward.
All you did was describe what an overbite means and not what causes it, you don't even understand what causes an overbite. You also believe in hard mewing another ancient theory that is completely idiotic.
I understand what causes it. I, in contrast to you have an understanding in things that I'm talking about, I'm not a walking Dunning Kruger joke that showers once a month like you.
I have no takes, I am only exposing your subhuman iq and reading comprehension
Go fix your non existent brain and your microscopic asymmetric jaw you bunch of ugly meat.
Maybe this is projection again? I cant fathom the inner machinations of a subhuman mutt I apologize

its hard to believe I haven't rotted in this god forsaken forum as hard as you have despite me being registered for 4 years, i browse to read anything useful then leave
It's hard to believe that a fucktard like you would be able to understand that I've been gone for months and just came back (oh wait; you're a brainlet), and unlike you, I don't use 5 alts recycling trash that comes out of your empty, smelly skull.

• Ugh..
I understand far better his theory than you, you stupid ethnic clown.
Where's the criticism again?
Absolute moron.
My argument was on the first reply but your Dunning Kruger brain chose to completely disregard it
you only need 1.7g of lip pressure to move teeth which only requires a lip seal without any unnecessary conscious exertion

you completely neglected this statement and called me "idiotic"
Teeth can move with light forces over extended periods of time, and lip muscles will get stronger over time, it's not like your muscles that always stay weak you utter frog fart trash.
This idea of brute forcing what you think is the desired position of your teeth with muh facial muscles is beyond stupid, you can only rely on natural balance which is what is generally recommended by orthotropics and has been known for years even prior to mike mew as far back as 1907 by edward H

you read a few theories and all of a sudden start throwing the dunning kruger insult as if you aren't the victim of it how ironic

Keep slinging baseless insults you complete and utter abused dog, you keep saying "asymetric jaw" is this the cause of your misery? projecting mutt.
I don't use 5 alts recycling trash that comes out of your empty, smelly skull.
are the alts in the room with us right now?

I don't have a singular alt you schizophrenic mutt

Last edited:
My argument was on the first reply but your Dunning Kruger brain chose to completely disregard it
you only need 1.7g of lip pressure to move teeth which only requires a lip seal without any unnecessary conscious exertion

you completely neglected this statement and called me "idiotic"
I don't give a shit where your argument was. It's BS. The lower incisors are ANGLED and a component of the mewing force will hit the upper incisors OUTWARDS you ZERO IQ APE. You need way higher force to counteract.
This idea of brute forcing what you think is the desired position of your teeth with muh facial muscles is beyond stupid, you can only rely on natural balance which is what is generally recommended by orthotropics and has been known for years even prior to mike mew as far back as 1907 by edward H

you read a few theories and all of a sudden start throwing the dunning kruger insult as if you aren't the victim of it how ironic

Keep slinging baseless insults you complete and utter abused dog, you keep saying "asymetric jaw" is this the cause of your misery? projecting mutt.

are the alts in the room with us right now?

I don't have a singular alt you schizophrenic mutt
You can't even spell you ethnic trash. Stop coping with balance and horseshit like that.

Facepulling ain't balance. Mewing ain't balance if your ridge is off. Protruding need force to move and much more force because of the force vector caused by the angle of a recessed mandible in an overbite.

Now go post a retarded thread about how 98% of this forum are gay like you, because your alts are at the other computer.

Idiot.

• Ugh..
I don't give a shit where your argument was. It's BS. The lower incisors are ANGLED and a component of the mewing force will hit the upper incisors OUTWARDS you ZERO IQ APE. You need way higher force to counteract.
Again says its bs without refuting the point I made even after linking a study
You can't even spell you ethnic trash. Stop coping with balance and horseshit like that.
yet here you are after 2 replies already copying my posting style
Facepulling ain't balance. Mewing ain't balance if your ridge is off. Protruding need force to move and much more force because of the force vector caused by the angle of a recessed mandible in an overbite.
Even if this is true, you have chosen to use facial musculature as means to oppose it which is the epitome of cope

"booze is my fuel" yeah you were clearly born with fetal alcohol syndrome, no matter what insult you throw at me it cannot beat the utter disgrace that you are muh hipcel, you were deformed from birth why cope with IQ when it never began for you. And go ahead, deform yourself with your bullshit theories, I just hope no one is foolish enough to follow you.

ive browsed psl for years but you are one of the filthiest users ive ever come across I am disgusted to have interacted with you for this long i cant imagine what ur parents must have gone through

Last edited:
Op your mandible is too far back so you want to press the roof of your mouth with your tongue which might just barely move your maxilla forward over the course of years? (Would just make the overbite even worse.) Mewing past age 12 needs to be taught against in schools honestly.

Again says its bs without refuting the point I made even after linking a study
You don't even understand what I told you retarded shitskin.
yet here you are after 2 replies already copying my posting style
You can't spell uneducated shit. No one is copying your posting style you absolute dogtrash. You're out of insults and copying mine and being so insecure that you have to put the word copying in there to cope.
Even if this is true, you have chosen to use facial musculature as means to oppose it which is the epitome of cope
Said a retarded ethnic. Cope is calling their air inside your stinky skull "brain". Teeth will move with enough forces over time fucktard.
"booze is my fuel" yeah you were clearly born with fetal alcohol syndrome, no matter what insult you throw at me it cannot beat the utter disgrace that you are muh hipcel, you were deformed from birth why cope with IQ when it never began for you. And go ahead, deform yourself with your bullshit theories, I just hope no one is foolish enough to follow you.
You can't even spell uneducated retarded ethnic. Go clean cows' shit you ethnic coper with your stupid ugly ethnic profile pic
4231.jpg

You were born retarded and gay and this profile pic proves it
here is one of your faggy threads

You're also extremely low T asking for solutions about your non existent fertility
ive browsed psl for years but you are one of the filthiest users ive ever come across I am disgusted to have interacted with you for this long i cant imagine what ur parents must have gone through
Go lick some Asian boots for $1, retarded gay coping moron.

• Ugh..