Minimal machine-based leg workout

igbekele007

igbekele007

subliminalmaxxer
Title.

I ain't doing no barbell squat, deadlift or whatever shit similar, but I can do some machine based work like leg extension, leg curl etc.

Note that I will also NOT have a dedicated leg-day, I ain't going to gym to push legs fuck that jfl, so Imma just do some leg shit after my push and pull workouts.

What would be a decent way to add some leg exercises to my existing routine?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27472 and andy9432
just do some leg press.

• +1
Reactions: untouchable_coper and igbekele007
does leg press compress spine?
Ye you might go from 5'7 to 5'6.75, heard that every mm counts at your height tho! stay safe with chopsticks pal.

does leg press compress spine?
if you do it right it shouldn't.

then again, by avoiding deadlifts and squats you won't train your erector spinae much which will cause you to stagnate on other movements since it's important for bracing.

then again, by avoiding deadlifts and squats you won't train your erector spinae much which will cause you to stagnate on other movements since it's important for bracing.
i do decline ring pushups, that does train the erector spinae?

i do decline ring pushups, that does train the erector spinae?
likely not enough to cause it to hypertrophy to any relevant extend.

but it only really matters for some lifts, i.e any type of bend-over row or vertical push, I know people who are stagnating on the overhead press because their glutes and erectors are weak, which probably means that if I didn't do deadlifts I wouldn't have my shoulders indirectly because I'm very good at overhead presses due to how well I can brace.

Leg press, leg curl, leg extension, calves.

• +1
Reactions: igbekele007

then again, by avoiding deadlifts and squats you won't train your erector spinae much which will cause you to stagnate on other movements since it's important for bracing
just do hyper extensions and pallof press

• +1
deadlift

• JFL
I use to just take turns of doing leg extensions or leg curls after my workouts. I’m gonna start spamming the calf machine too so I can wear shorts w out being embarrassed lol

• +1
  • +1