ML3 after Bimax?

D

Deleted member 5891

Kraken
I heard it is possible to get a modified lefort 3 after bimax. Is it?

I would consider this if I am not happy with my bimax result.
and does anyone have a image where exactly the cuts for the ML3 are made?
I only hear that it is saver than L3 but idk why.
thanks in advance brah's

@retard

• Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22
Just do a head transplant bro, it's more safe

• JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914
why not get lefort 3 during bimax, lefort 3 and bsso should be possible in one surgery

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Fahkumram, Deleted member 7753 and 4 others
why not get lefort 3 during bimax, lefort 3 and bsso should be possible in one surgery
I don’t think also lefort 3. For very practical reasons if u think about it.
Anyway probably you should do L3 and then bimax

• +1
Reactions: sloopnoob
I don’t think also lefort 3. For very practical reasons if u think about it.
Anyway probably you should do L3 and then bimax
I hope you mean Modified lefort 3, I don't wanna die
I hoped I can do it after bimax, I will find the comment where it read it is possible

• Love it
Reactions: Chintuck22
Modified lefort 3 + bimax sounds very dangerous to perform in the same surgery. Many things could go wrong

Modified lefort 3 + bimax sounds very dangerous to perform in the same surgery. Many things could go wrong
Yes that's why I wanted the bimax first

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and Darkstrand
Imo it’s much easier to control first a modified lefort and then a bimax, to check and predict the results rather than the opposite

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
Its quite common procedure(mlf3+bimax) to fix both upper and lower maxilla recession
@RealSurgerymax

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 5912, RealSurgerymax and 1 other person
Mod lf 3 cuts vary from surgeon to surgeon, Sinn does the lateral and Infraorbital rims plus a bit of the zygo, some Australian surgeon who's name I forgot does a full lf3 but without the nose (which is the one thing that's never touched during mlf3)
So depending on your surgeon cuts differ and it's important you get a cut that actually makes sense

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 5891
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7753, Deleted member 5912, Deleted member 5891 and 1 other person
The reason I recommend against this is that the lower jaw would have to be moved twice.

LeFort III/I is definitely possible. In fact a LeFort I is is done in combination with with a great many LeFort III advancements.

unless you are talking about the Modified “LeFort III” that is really just a malar osteotomy with no dental/mouth movement.

But usually the best option is a LeFort I bimax followed by custom malar/infraorbital implants.

• +1
Reactions: mewcoper, Deleted member 3635, Deleted member 7753 and 6 others
The reason I recommend against this is that the lower jaw would have to be moved twice.

LeFort III/I is definitely possible. In fact a LeFort I is is done in combination with with a great many LeFort III advancements.

unless you are talking about the Modified “LeFort III” that is really just a malar osteotomy with no dental/mouth movement.

But usually the best option is a LeFort I bimax followed by custom malar/infraorbital implants.

I was under the impression that virtually all craniofacial surgeons would be completely unwilling to perform full LeFort III except for the case of a congenitally deformed patient?

I was under the impression that virtually all craniofacial surgeons would be completely unwilling to perform full LeFort III except for the case of a congenitally deformed patient?

Definitely not true. But it wouldn’t be covered by insurance, and so extremely expensive.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 643
Definitely not true. But it wouldn’t be covered by insurance, and so extremely expensive.
May I please ask under what circumstances would lefort III or monobloc be indicated?

May I please ask under what circumstances would lefort III or monobloc be indicated?

LeFort III-
Malar and infraorbital hypoplasia to an extent that causes exophthalmos. The midface advancement part of LeFort III is why a lot of people here want LeFort III not taking into consideration their eyes.

A LeFort III in someone with regular globe positions would cause enopthalmos.

Monobloc -
This is less likely to get non-syndrome because it has more complicated cranial base involvement.

The indication is supraorbital rim hypoplasia.

Tessier’s Sign is present in most people who qualify for monobloc which is where you can pull the eyelids behind the eye.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 643 and Deleted member 5385
LeFort III-
Malar and infraorbital hypoplasia to an extent that causes exophthalmos. The midface advancement part of LeFort III is why a lot of people here want LeFort III not taking into consideration their eyes.

Monobloc -
This is less likely to get non-syndrome because it has more complicated cranial base involvement.

Tessier’s Sign is present in most people who qualify for monobloc which is where you can pull the eyelids behind the eye.
So modified L3 would cause displacement of eyeball? Even if it increase bone support?

• Woah
Reactions: Fahkumram
LeFort III-

Monobloc -

Thank you so much for your informed and educated contribution! So Lefort III would only be indicated in the presence of exopthalmos, which means there does need to be a real deformity present to warrant it?

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Thank you so much for your informed and educated contribution! So Lefort III would only be indicated in the presence of exopthalmos, which means there does need to be a real deformity present to warrant it?

Yes, although it does not need to be to an extreme extent. For example people who have it to the extent they get elective aesthetic orbital decompression

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 643