MSE + FM = CCW??

those plates cannot withstand that amount of force.
source?

as far as I know, noone has ever attempted to facepull with bollard plates. Also there are many types of the plates, some of them are for many screws, I doubt that 2 of those plates together are weaker anhcorage then MSE.
How can someone even pull without the arms,the pulling point is connected to molars
oh I though you were talking about the intended use of mse, to widen the palate.
yeah ofc pulling from the bands is a bad idea

sergio-oms said himself that he uses plates with UP TO 350g of force.Thats not enough for an adult.Also I am just asking this because I am genuenely curious,is there a way to pull from mse's anchorage point without the molar bands?

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
source?

as far as I know, noone has ever attempted to facepull with bollard plates. Also there are many types of the plates, some of them are for many screws, I doubt that 2 of those plates together are weaker anhcorage then MSE.

oh I though you were talking about the intended use of mse, to widen the palate.
yeah ofc pulling from the bands is a bad idea
anchorage is weaker because MSE screws are around like 10 mm's while the screws used with bollard plates are like 1-2 mm's long.Thats not the problem though the problem is bollard plates potentially getting unscrewed because of the force

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
sergio-oms said himself that he uses plates with UP TO 350g of force.Thats not enough for an adult.Also I am just asking this because I am genuenely curious,is there a way to pull from mse's anchorage point without the molar bands?
He did? I didnt know that. Thats pretty bad news.

And no I dont think there is a way to pull with mse. The position of the device is just too incovninient, I cant imagine how you could ever pull with a positive angle.

anchorage is weaker because MSE screws are around like 10 mm's while the screws used with bollard plates are like 1-2 mm's long.Thats not the problem though the problem is bollard plates potentially getting unscrewed because of the force
Nut its still the best and almost ideal alternative. I mean, whats stopping us from finding/making a bigger plated, one that can fit bigger screws?

He did? I didnt know that. Thats pretty bad news.

And no I dont think there is a way to pull with mse. The position of the device is just too incovninient, I cant imagine how you could ever pull with a positive angle.

Nut its still the best and almost ideal alternative. I mean, whats stopping us from finding/making a bigger plated, one that can fit bigger screws?
I was thinking about the same thing actually.But I guess you can't go so far into the bone thats probably why no one is able to use screws longer than 1-2 mm's with bollard plates because it is placed on...Well I forgot what that part of the bone was called.What I was gonna say is maybe you can't go that far into the bone with screws because maybe it is damaging to some sort of nerves or something like that?Or maybe it doesn't? I have no idea, but it would be so good if there were nothing in that area that can be damaged.Thats why I was suggesting to make a new thread about it,I know many threads have been made about mse+facemask but as far as I know there is no thread about bollard plates spesifically.Maybe someone could shed some light on why one cannot go far into that part of the bone with screws.I might make a thread about this

That would also solve the problem of bollard plates getting unscrewed easily because it would be as strong as mse's anchorage