MSE screws material?

Carolus

Carolus

Banker
What material are the MSE screws made up of? Looks like steel.
281 025 Expanders3 3670 e40f

We know that our bodies are able to conduct electrical currents, there's even water in our bones. If you put metal screws inside your maxilla, this would result in ion migration between the metals which has not uncontroversially been reported by some to have harmful effects(generally feelings of sickness/drowsiness), read up on amalgam/quicksilver cavity fillings if interested, and yeah yeah controversy this and that, my dad had amalgam put in when he was a teenager and he felt absolutely terrible, couldn't ever stay awake in class or focus at all(yes, he didn't feel like that beforehand). I've had my own experience with dentists/orthodontists and their so called ''educated'' work, a whole 3 years extra to learn ''tooth and jaw alignment'' and then skips off to work to leave us with a misaligned jaw, a crossbite and a recessed maxilla. So not much trust in their opinion there.

On a related note, the holes that are created from drilling in to the maxilla, do they actually close afterwards? I know theoretically they would, but does anyone have any experience with this? If there would be any residual particles of metal from the screws remaining when the holes close, they'd be there forever or maybe just migrate around your skull or god forbid in to your bloodstream/brain. Hopefully this isn't an occurrence.

TL;DR: What material are the screws? Do the holes close up once you remove the screws?

It is a titanium alloy, and yes the holes close 1 day after you remove them

• +1
Reactions: Carolus and Deleted member 3020
It is a titanium alloy, and yes the holes close 1 day after you remove them
Does MSE usually end up widening the alar base?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Carolus
Does MSE usually end up widening the alar base?
it is unavoidable for it to not widen it to some extent, it expands about 1/2 of whatever you expand the jackscrew

• So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Carolus and Deleted member 7776
it is unavoidable for it to not widen it to some extent, it expands about 1/2 of whatever you expand the jackscrew
how easy is it to go back to my original alar base width with a rhino?

love you how you spent 10 minutes spewing garbage instead of 5 seconds googling the material. love this forum

love you how you spent 10 minutes spewing garbage instead of 5 seconds googling the material. love this forum
I did search for it, guess I missed it cocksucka. Love how you contributed absolutely nothing with your worthless comment