my consultation about high cut lf1

blinemaxxer

blinemaxxer

Iron
hey guys, for the last 2 days, i did a ct scan, dental scan and consulted with a local surgeon which i know is very blackpilled, i have been following his work for a long time, and gonna meet him online again on monday to discuss further surgery plans with the updated ct scans. in the process of first consultation, considering only the maxilofacial radiography images, he came up with the conclusion that i should undergo a high cut lf1 surgery to fix my flat midface and provide somewhat an undereye support to extend the soft tissue on the malar region especially. knowing that this was my primary issue with my face, making me look like a melted face fuck even tho im in my 20s, im sure that my droopy nose tip is gonna benefit from this procedure without further widening as well, as the whole paranasal area is moved forward and muscles on the nasal region are not being operated with a higher cut lf1. im also having some issues with breathing and might have a sleep apnea (slight, not severe, but it gets worse as you age older) so there is a slight chance that the insurance might cover it all.
for those who wonder; operation, hospital, any kind of maxilofacial operation along with lf1, wisdom tooth removal, post invisalign phase, maybe some soft tissue operation costs a total of 8600$.

• +1
Reactions: Marelago
Why do you want high cut Lefort?

Why do you want high cut Lefort?
doc told me that this way he will be able to address paranasal deficiency in a better way. im tryna look up more info about a higher cut lf and it seems like it is the right procedure for me

btw he also showed me some patients where he performed lf2 for the sake of aesthetics only lol

doc told me that this way he will be able to address paranasal deficiency in a better way. im tryna look up more info about a higher cut lf and it seems like it is the right procedure for me
I had regular cut Lefort and it pretty much took care of my paranasal deficiency. Here's what I don't understand about high cut: it changes the geometry of everything unless you're not having rotation, but that's not what you want. Because if you make the axis of rotation the height of the cut then when you do the rotation you get way more anterior nasal spine movement and way more tooth movement than you would if the rotation were done about a lower point, like the anterior nasal spine (in which case you'd get zero movement of anterior nasal spine from the rotation). But if you choose a lower point then everything above the point moves backwards, defeating the whole purpose of the high cut. Of course this is just me speculating from a lay perspective, so I could be completely off base.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and maxxmclooks
I had regular cut Lefort and it pretty much took care of my paranasal deficiency. Here's what I don't understand about high cut: it changes the geometry of everything unless you're not having rotation, but that's not what you want. Because if you make the axis of rotation the height of the cut then when you do the rotation you get way more anterior nasal spine movement and way more tooth movement than you would if the rotation were done about a lower point, like the anterior nasal spine (in which case you'd get zero movement of anterior nasal spine from the rotation). But if you choose a lower point then everything above the point moves backwards, defeating the whole purpose of the high cut. Of course this is just me speculating from a lay perspective, so I could be completely off base.
thanks for the detailed response, one parameter that was not underlined specifically was rotation. on the next consultation, im hoping that the doc is going to give details about the proportions and mention if any rotation is needed

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks
did u get somewhat of a infraorbital support at the end?

also did the regular cut fix the nasolabial folds/expand the soft tissuse around your nose?

also did the regular cut fix the nasolabial folds/expand the soft tissuse around your nose?
Yes, it did, but I am an old man and had really bad folds, so it's not like it completely got rid of the lines.

Also, the stretching from the bimax seems to have pulled the cheek fat pad down into an unnatural position on one side, which does not look good. Probably also because I'm old. I'm hoping infra/zygo implants will pull it back up. Just throwing that out there, I doubt you have to be concerned.

No. Is high cut high enough for that? I kinda feel like at the moment bimax + infra/zygo implants are the best solution.

Maybe look into a modified quadrangular Lefort 2 if your surgeon is willing to do anything. It's more similar to a high Lefort 1 than a Lefort 2 because it avoids the nose.

Yes, it did, but I am an old man and had really bad folds, so it's not like it completely got rid of the lines.

Also, the stretching from the bimax seems to have pulled the cheek fat pad down into an unnatural position on one side, which does not look good. Probably also because I'm old. I'm hoping infra/zygo implants will pull it back up. Just throwing that out there, I doubt you have to be concerned.

No. Is high cut high enough for that? I kinda feel like at the moment bimax + infra/zygo implants are the best solution.

Maybe look into a modified quadrangular Lefort 2 if your surgeon is willing to do anything. It's more similar to a high Lefort 1 than a Lefort 2 because it avoids the no
Op First I think your surgeon is very knowledgeable and give the impression he search for individual solutions depending on the case. A high lefort 1 can bring good saggital projection of 2/3 of the maxilla. On the photos you see a patient performed a high LF 1.
The upper 1/3 involved also the orbital rims is not affected. Can I ask you which one you are (the price is also very attractive)?

Attachments

• 1-s2.0-S0901502706003110-gr9d.jpg
    1-s2.0-S0901502706003110-gr9d.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: blinemaxxer
I had high cut lefort with no rotation. It helped the cheekbones a tiny bit but i still needed the infras after badly. In hindsight Im not sure if made much difference aesthetically except making my nose worse but that could have happened with the regular lefort on its own. Probably the folds are a bit better because of it. Its not a magic bullet

• +1
Maybe look into a modified quadrangular Lefort 2 if your surgeon is willing to do anything. It's more similar to a high Lefort 1 than a Lefort 2 because it avoids the nose.
he did mention this as well, we will see how it goes

No. Is high cut high enough for that?
it does not cover all the under eye recession but helps a little, if i try and come up with a fat grafting combo it would be the best solution for me

Op First I think your surgeon is very knowledgeable and give the impression he search for individual solutions depending on the case. A high lefort 1 can bring good saggital projection of 2/3 of the maxilla. On the photos you see a patient performed a high LF 1.
The upper 1/3 involved also the orbital rims is not affected. Can I ask you which one you are (the price is also very attractive)?
i guess i would put myself under the second case, i have a recessed paranasal area along wth infraorbitals. my jaw width and harmony carry all the rest of my shitty features

also im gonna get informed about the airway situation on monday so ill see if my insurance is gonna be able to cover the costs

I had high cut lefort with no rotation. It helped the cheekbones a tiny bit but i still needed the infras after badly. In hindsight Im not sure if made much difference aesthetically except making my nose worse but that could have happened with the regular lefort on its own. Probably the folds are a bit better because of it. Its not a magic bullet
damn this kinda sounds like the outcome is not that significant. can i ask what benefit did u see the most

if necessarry rotation was made, would the nose still be worsened? did they mention this with your particular case?

Also, the stretching from the bimax seems to have pulled the cheek fat pad down into an unnatural position on one side, which does not look good.
also on this, do you think i would benefit from malar fat pad liposuction or buccal fat reduction to prevent descension of the fat pads with age? along with lf, ig the results would be more dramatic and effective, possibly in a way that it can prevent unnatural cavises/position result from lf as in your case

damn this kinda sounds like the outcome is not that significant. can i ask what benefit did u see the most
Probably airway but if i could go back and switch to regular cut i probably would. Maybe just a grass is greener thing but if you look at male skulls and compare to female, i think the higher cut makes it look slightly more female. Realistically doesn’t make much difference, its like 3-4mm higher or something

if necessarry rotation was made, would the nose still be worsened? did they mention this with your particular case?
The nose looking worse after is common in any bigger lefort movement. I got 11mm

The nose looking worse after is common in any bigger lefort movement. I got 11mm
id say 7 mm for me, ik my nose would change after lf but i thought the paranasal support and jaw forward movement would help with the hooked, droopy nose

4182304_1717844750921.png
this is what im talking about, case similar to mine. also, the nose change is not preventable, but the nose being advanced or worsened is unpredictable no?

too high iq discussion for me

• So Sad
hey guys, for the last 2 days, i did a ct scan, dental scan and consulted with a local surgeon which i know is very blackpilled, i have been following his work for a long time, and gonna meet him online again on monday to discuss further surgery plans with the updated ct scans. in the process of first consultation, considering only the maxilofacial radiography images, he came up with the conclusion that i should undergo a high cut lf1 surgery to fix my flat midface and provide somewhat an undereye support to extend the soft tissue on the malar region especially. knowing that this was my primary issue with my face, making me look like a melted face fuck even tho im in my 20s, im sure that my droopy nose tip is gonna benefit from this procedure without further widening as well, as the whole paranasal area is moved forward and muscles on the nasal region are not being operated with a higher cut lf1. im also having some issues with breathing and might have a sleep apnea (slight, not severe, but it gets worse as you age older) so there is a slight chance that the insurance might cover it all.
for those who wonder; operation, hospital, any kind of maxilofacial operation along with lf1, wisdom tooth removal, post invisalign phase, maybe some soft tissue operation costs a total of 8600$.
What's ur midface length.

I'm considering getting a rhino to remove my droopy roman nose and also expand my philtrum from 1cm to 2cm. Then getting lefort 1 to shorten the midface.

• JFL
Reactions: Meister!
Can you pm before and afters. Did it shorten your midface at all. If so by how much?

id say 7 mm for me, ik my nose would change after lf but i thought the paranasal support and jaw forward movement would help with the hooked, droopy nose
It widens the base which is the main way the nose looks worse from front

• +1

I'm considering getting a rhino to remove my droopy roman nose and also expand my philtrum from 1cm to 2cm. Then getting lefort 1 to shorten the midface.
why going for a rhino first?

• +1

idk my midface length is, id say slightly on the higher end. lf1 would fit the right proportions ig

don't get rhino first

• +1
also on this, do you think i would benefit from malar fat pad liposuction or buccal fat reduction to prevent descension of the fat pads with age? along with lf, ig the results would be more dramatic and effective, possibly in a way that it can prevent unnatural cavises/position result from lf as in your case
i don't know. i haven't looked into it much

• So Sad
can I ask you where you did the high le fort, and price? Also which surgeon did the infraorbital rims and costs? and are you satisfied with the result? thanks

• +1
4182304_1717844750921.png
this is what im talking about, case similar to mine. also, the nose change is not preventable, but the nose being advanced or worsened is unpredictable no?
no it's not unpredictable it depends on the saggital movement involved. I guess yours is in the range of 6-9 mm. the patient above didn' t no way descend because of his nose. if you look closely at the bridge of the nose he had it slopped . this was corrected with the high cut lf1 or lf1 whatever.

Last edited:
  • +1
no it's not unpredictable it depends on the saggital movement involved. I guess yours is in the range of 6-9 mm. the patient above didn' t no way descend because of his nose. if you look closely at the bridge of the nose he had it slopped . this was corrected with the high cut lf1 or lf1 whatever.
yes i got recently told that 6 mm will be done and having the same slopped bridge i think i will benefit in the same way the guy did in the picture

here is the updates ct scans, i think the doc is being somewhat conservative with the 6 mm movement, idk what u guys think about the high cut lf1 tho, surgeon did not mentioned high cut with my most recent personal plan. im gonna talk to him on monday.

Attachments

• 78E3425E-7863-4956-B64F-9E7678609A04.jpeg
    78E3425E-7863-4956-B64F-9E7678609A04.jpeg
    543.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DFD2623E-C607-4281-BA6F-88F9C5402C42.jpeg
    DFD2623E-C607-4281-BA6F-88F9C5402C42.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 0
here is the updates ct scans, i think the doc is being somewhat conservative with the 6 mm movement, idk what u guys think about the high cut lf1 tho, surgeon did not mentioned high cut with my most recent personal plan. im gonna talk to him on monday.
both jaws 6mm plus genioplasty. im not sure about the genio tho my chin projection was never an issue for me. i guess possible lack of projection as bimax outcome or improving the projection even more to obtaing more aesthetic results are aimed

how much lefort movement did you have so that it helped your nasolabial folds? Its mostly linear advancement that helps the folds right no rotation?

@longjohnmong @Marelago @50konsurgeryat35

yo drop the doc's name or dm pls 🙏

• +1
btw he also showed me some patients where he performed lf2 for the sake of aesthetics only lol
And how their nose/midface looked like? Shorter?Longer? More projected etc.?
Were the results dramatic (like after looked like completely different person)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back