My grandma getting a stroke made me realized how shit life really is

the ones who where against philosophy jfl
almost all 'iconic' philosophers were pretty nihilistic & gave very little meaning to life tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, Deleted member 10913 and goat2x
@PrestonYnot kinda agree with this tbh
ppl believe in religions due to pleasures like believing in after life etc

if it wasnt pleasurable for them they wouldnt do it
so tf is ur aim in life if its not pleasure
Chasing pleasure isn't it. Many celebrities do this but all of them are still depressed and miserable. And it's a never ending chase.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10913, Looks234, volcelfatcel and 1 other person
It sounds so brutal when said like this:lul:
It really is that, he just fucks the most mediocre chicks off tinder when he could fuck stacies but he has autism.

Brutal nt pill @looksmaxxer234

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SadLivwr, Gaia262, Deleted member 6273 and 2 others
Emo vibes

• Hmm...
Reactions: goat2x
It's not a practical philosophy if practiced by most people but I do beleive that purpose of live is the pursuit of pleasure, whether it's short term or long term.
That fails to the hedonistic treadmill though… how can the purpose of life be the pursuit of pleasure if that pursuit has no foreseeable end?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
ye its not practicial from the perspective of the slave rulers. but if you're not with them then there's no problem with it.
Yeah but not everyone has the luxury if you're born in a poor environment and don't have the intelligence or talents to make it out you're often going to have to do unpleasant shit whether it's low level trash tier jobs or crime.

If you can actually do it, I think it's a good way to live life, also from my perspective pleasure isn't only necessarily short term like sex and drugs, it can be long term with things like a family and generally success.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, thickdickdaddy27 and goat2x
It really is that, he just fucks the most mediocre chicks off tinder when he could fuck stacies but he has autism.

Brutal nt pill @looksmaxxer234
My medium ugly friends are fucking better looking girls than him

• JFL
Reactions: goat2x and volcelfatcel
If you can actually do it, I think it's a good way to live life, also from my perspective pleasure isn't only necessarily short term like sex and drugs, it can be long term with things like a family and generally success.
ye well it doesnt say anywhere that hedonism is only chasing short term pleasures and not long term pleasures unless that's what it is.

• +1
my 5'5 dravidian friend is also fucking better looking girls than him

maybe girls dont like white guys anymore :unsure:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Looks234 and goat2x
While he fucks mid 20s beckies with fat rolls after surgeries, some black or mulatto guy with followers on Instagram fucks stacies

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and Looks234
It is . It give them pleasure at that moment but they quickly feel depressed afterwards
because they're mentally ill retards buying man-made artifical things caring about man-made artificial things. they dont know what makes them happy.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and goat2x
You can't have everyone in society trying to live out their hedonistic dreams, you need people to carry out menial jobs which are often unpleasant among other things.

It's not a practical philosophy if practiced by most people but I do beleive that purpose of live is the pursuit of pleasure, whether it's short term or long term.
The goyim are slaves. Hashem has chosen us.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273, goat2x and curryslayerordeath
because they're mentally ill retards buying man-made artifical things caring about man-made artificial things. they dont know what makes them happy.
Exactly but what else are u supposed to chase then.

• +1
they are from north texas righ
PicsArt 10 13 073308

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Looks234 and goat2x
if almost all regular hedonists are wrong then how would someone truly chase long term pleasure in the proper way then, o wise sage?

• +1
Reactions: thickdickdaddy27, Jason Voorhees and goat2x
thats the definition of cope (your ignoring reality just because of the seek of your well being)

its human nature to discover whats more than given always, we are kinda like that
yea i can see your point but do you think we are able to discover more then given? if we can't do this I wouldn't call myself coping tbh. For me the most reasonable approach is to look at things pragmatic. If something doesn't function within our reality i can't view that as truth. Thinking that we can fully grasp reality itself and then even have the ability to ignore it is nothing but a mind error.

• +1
Chasing pleasure isn't it. Many celebrities do this but all of them are still depressed and miserable. And it's a never ending chase.
Chasing pleasure is everything. Those celebrities are just ungrateful turboautists.

• JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and thickdickdaddy27
These people follow their natural instincts of sex get lots of it and then feel depressed the moment afterwards
where have u got it from that you always feel depressed after a happy moment? and not even after the matter you say "the moment" after. elab.

Chasing pleasure is everything. Those celebrities are just ungrateful turboautists.
hollywood life doesn't sound sustainable for mental health to me

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
if almost all regular hedonists are wrong then how would someone truly chase long term pleasure in the proper way then, o wise sage?
elab idk what u mean. also ur indian :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Baldingman1998, Deleted member 6273 and 6 others
yea i can see your point but do you think we are able to discover more then given? if we can't do this not I wouldn't call myself coping tbh. For me the most reasonable approach is to look at things pragmatic. If something doesn't function within our reality i can't view that as truth. Thinking that we can fully grasp reality itself and then even have the ability to ignore it is nothing but a mind error.
ye i get that i mean we can discover more and more about life in the future years but thats fallacious thinking

you will probably never discover the meaning of life because lets be real, its probably nothing.

confirming this is difficult doe, but thinking it otherwise until its proven when the thing your believing in isnt proven at all is coping

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 10913
where have u got it from that you always feel depressed after a happy moment? and not even after the matter you say "the moment" after. elab.
What I'm saying is there is no such thing that can give u pleasure forever be it sex, alcohol or drugs. Everything has a limit and it has its highs and lows.

• +1
That fails to the hedonistic treadmill though… how can the purpose of life be the pursuit of pleasure if that pursuit has no foreseeable end?
Honestly need you to elab on this. From my perspective we are all designed to pursue pleasure, it's a mechanism which our bodies reward us for doing something pleasant, which overall leads to happiness and higher QoL.

• +1
Reactions: Copeful, thickdickdaddy27, goat2x and 1 other person
U do know that all those Chads suffered from depression before right?
thats because they didnt follow their natural human instincts. if will smiths gf cheated on him and there werent any man-made laws he'd hit her on the head with a rock or rape her but your natural pleasures are limited in society.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Jason Voorhees and Looks234
What I'm saying is there is no such thing that can give u pleasure forever be it sex, alcohol or drugs. Everything has a limit and it has its highs and lows.
no natural pleasure has its lows

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
stroke prevention is not that difficult tbh

• +1
U need purpose but finding purpose happens naturally imo. If you still don't have one past a certain age its probably cuz something went wrong in ur development, probably cause of the environment u grew up in. Those celebrities who chase pleasure its cuz they don't know what to do and feel depressed they just try to fill the void of having no purpose and escape that feeling. I think different things make different peoples happy and depending on ur environment it might be easier or harder to develop and find ur purpose. Maybe genetics play a role too

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and goat2x
elab idk what u mean. also ur indian :lul:
if in a consumerist/industrialized society, all 'normal' ppl who took a solely dopamine optimization outlook to hedonism ended up generally miserable (celebs, 'slayers', even pslers like amnesia), what feasibly alternative is there?

even naturalists end up living to a pretty shitty end if they abandon society completely, like chris mccandless or ted k, you cant call every example incorrect & not outline a true alternative.

also ur a turbomanlet truecel who was ruthlessly bullied & ostracized by soft normies irl, why even try to start that shit JFL

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel, goat2x and Looks234
U need purpose but finding purpose happens naturally imo. If you still don't have one past a certain age its probably cuz something went wrong in ur development, probably cause of the environment u grew up in. Those celebrities who chase pleasure its cuz they don't know what to do and feel depressed they just try to fill the void of having no purpose and escape that feeling. I think different things make different peoples happy and depending on ur environment it might be easier or harder to develop and find ur purpose. Maybe genetics play a role too
iq, upbringing, genetics DEFINETLY play a part
some of these are proven already

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053 and Looks234
Yes but it's an innate thing within all humans to desire what's pleasurable, even if you're religious the reason you might restrict certain pleasurable acts is because you beleive in the afterlife you'll be rewarded with something greater or more pleasurable.

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Looks234, curryslayerordeath and 1 other person
Yes but it's an innate thing within all humans to desire what's pleasurable, even if you're religious the reason you might restrict certain pleasurable acts is because you beleive in the afterlife you'll be rewarded with something greater or more pleasurable.
facts, thats what i mentioned too

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees, Looks234 and Deleted member 6273
if in a consumerist/industrialized society, all 'normal' ppl who took a solely dopamine optimization outlook to hedonism ended up generally miserable (celebs, 'slayers', even pslers like amnesia), what feasibly alternative is there?

even naturalists end up living to a pretty shitty end if they abandon society completely, like chris mccandless or ted k, you cant call every example incorrect & not outline a true alternative.

also ur a turbomanlet truecel who was ruthlessly bullied & ostracized by soft normies irl, why even try to start that shit JFL
cuz u made a snarky comment like "oh wise sage" :soy:

the reason why hedonists who live in society end up depressed is because they live in society - too many limitations n dat

the reason why natural hedonists end up depressed is because they aren't truly natural - they go by themselves. they live in isolation which goes against human nature

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, goat2x and curryslayerordeath
ye i get that i mean we can discover more and more about life in the future years but thats fallacious thinking
So you agree with me on this?
you will probably never discover the meaning of life because lets be real, its probably nothing.
If it as you say nothing i honestly doubt we would even be in this condition. Everything forces us to accept that life has meaning so why wouldn't it then? Idk if you hold darwinists views, I personally don't but would you say that from an evolutionary view it's beneficial for mankind to hold a meaning in life? If this is the case then why would it be false for darwinists regard everything that's beneficial as a truth..
confirming this is difficult doe, but thinking it otherwise until its proven when the thing your believing in isnt proven at all is coping
This begs the question can something that isn't pragmatically beneficial ever be the truth?

but thinking it otherwise until its proven when the thing your believing in isnt proven at all is coping
It works because it's the truth. That's the confirmation. It's not like i ignore something that is known for something more pleasant, if you say i do.. then what do I ignore? . For me to ever function as a human being forces me to accept that life has meaning.

• Hmm...