my guide i wrote as notes earlier on the ray peat diet

D

Deleted member 15854

Kraken
buckle up buddy goyos, youre in for a ride of this amazing guide i have wrote!
listen to this whilst reading for full immersion and experience

or, you could listen to this

Introduction: There seems to be so much confusion around and a lack of organization in the body of Dr. Ray Peat’s work that I thought I would try to condense and distill some of the ideas put forth by his research not only for my own benefit but also for others in order to make his work a bit more accessible and practical. Feel free to experiment with incorporating as much or as little as is practical and palatable for you. You’ll notice there are not many things which Ray Peat’s work suggests are strongly advised with the few exceptions of perhaps removing polyunsaturated fats and making an effort to limit intake of starches or at the very least make sure they are thoroughly cooked and eaten with fat. And among those concepts which might be considered ‘controversial’ by others I would say the former and Ray’s reinforcement of the refutation of concept of “essential” fatty acids and Ray’s promotion of refined sugar and/or fruits to boost the metabolism and reduce stress on the thyroid would be the only ones—and none of these are dietary ‘rules’ which must be followed per-say, but simply are observations based on research and if you can accept them then you’re welcome to experiment with incorporating them and see what works for you. Terms like ‘Peaty’ and ‘Peatarian’ are sometimes used ignorantly or irresponsibly to describe things which align with Dr. Peat’s findings because they imply Ray Peat or those who agree with his work have created a strict protocol which requires complete obedience in order to qualify as a success, which is the farthest thing from the truth. We have some ideas; we’ve drawn some conclusions; and this is what the research points to and everyone is free to incorporate as much or as little as they think suitable. So be wary when terms like those are thrown around because they are probably being misused. Otherwise, supplementing with aspirin, filtering water, making an effort to reduce exposure to radiation pollution and electromagnetic fields and red-light therapy are either widely accept or currently gaining ground in one circle or another in nutritious-minded communities. Enjoy.

Tables of Contents

1. Fundamental Principles and Practices
  2. Foods
  3. Supplements
  4. Water & Beverages
  5. Exercise
  6. Other
    1. Red Light Therapy
    2. Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Pollution
    3. Radio Wave Pollution
    4. Increasing CO2 Levels

Ray Peat on metabolic rate:

"Keeping the metabolic rate up is the main thing, and there are lots of ways to do it"

Fundamental principles to consider practicing:

• Aiming to raise body temperature through improving metabolism and avoiding substances which suppress the function of the thyroid thereby reducing body temperature and impairing metabolism
  • Complete abstinence of all polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs)
  • Reduction of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
  • Regular incorporation of beef liver and other organ meats
  • Measuring your body temperature regularly
  • Checking your pulse rate regularly
  • Moderate to high amounts of carbohydrates
    • 45–65% of daily calories
  • Moderate amounts of protein
    • 80-100g per day on average
    • 10-35% of daily calories
  • Low to moderate amounts of saturated fat
    • 8-20% of daily calories
  • Drinking fluids based on thirst
Advanced practices to consider incorporating:

• Near complete reduction of starches with some exceptions
  • Using sugars (sucrose, lactose, and fructose) and fully saturated fats to improve metabolism
  • Reduction of muscle meat as primary source of protein, replacing it with gelatin and dairy
  • Supplementing with thyroid hormone, Vitamin K2, Vitamin D3 and aspirin
  • Bathing in red light (635 to 700 nm) and infrared light (880nm)
    • Two to three times a week for 15 minutes or more
  • Breathing in a bag or holding your breath to increase CO2 levels
    • Two to three times per day for a minute or two or more
  • Continuing to reduce exposure to harmful foods which suppress the thyroid and incorporating foods which support the thyroid
Hormones to reduce and/or avoid:

• Cortisol
  • Serotonin
  • Estrogen
  • Prolactin
  • Melatonin
  • Growth hormone
Substances to reduce and/or avoid:

• Nitric Oxide
  • Histamine
2. Foods
Ray Peat on polyunsaturated fatty acids:

“Chemically, the material that makes these oils very toxic is the polyunsaturated fat itself. These unsaturated oils are found in very high concentrations in many seeds, and in the fats of animals that have eaten a diet containing them. The fresh oils, whether cold pressed or consumed as part of the living plant material, are intrinsically toxic, and it is not any special industrial treatment that makes them toxic.

“These toxic oils are sometimes called the "essential fatty acids" or "vitamin F," but this concept of the oils as essential nutrients was clearly disproved over 50 years ago.

“Linoleic and linolenic acids, the "essential fatty acids," and other polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are now fed to pigs to fatten them, in the form of corn and soy beans, cause the animals' fat to be chemically equivalent to vegetable oil. In the late 1940s, chemical toxins were used to suppress the thyroid function of pigs, to make them get fatter while consuming less food. When that was found to be carcinogenic, it was then found that corn and soy beans had the same antithyroid effect, causing the animals to be fattened at low cost. The animals' fat becomes chemically similar to the fats in their food, causing it to be equally toxic, and equally fattening.”

Ray Peat on starches:

“For people with really sensitive intestines or bad bacteria, starch should be zero… Starch is less harmful when eaten with saturated fat, but it’s still more fattening than sugars.”

Ray Peat on the ratio of macro nutrients:

“The proportion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat--it probably should be something like a third of each, but I’m not sure what the ideal is. It depends so much on the quality of each of them. Avoid starch, and avoiding eating polyunsaturated fats, and avoiding the very high tryptophan-content proteins... then you could go very high on any one of the major nutrients without problem”

Foods to avoid or remove:

• Polyunsaturated Fats
    • Vegetable oils
  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Soy
  • Artificial thickeners
    • Carrageenan, et al.
Foods to consider reducing or avoiding:

• "Essential" Fatty Acids (EFAs)
    • Fish Oil
Foods to consider incorporating:

• Dairy
    • Milk
      • Raw or pasteurized
      • Whole or low fat
      • Lactose-free
    • Cheese
    • Ice cream
    • Butter with moderation
  • Seafood
    • Oysters
    • Cod
    • Crab
    • Sole fish
    • Shrimp
  • Ruminant
    • Beef
    • Beef liver
    • Beef gelatin
  • Poultry
    • Chicken eggs
  • Fruits
    • Oranges
    • Grapes
    • Papaya
    • Sapotas
    • Mangos
    • Lychees
    • Cherries
    • Watermelon
    • Coconut oil
  • Vegetables
    • Bamboo shoots
    • Carrots
    • Potatoes
    • Masa harina (Corn Flour)
    • Sourdough bread
    • White rice
  • Fungus
    • Mushrooms
  • Sweeteners
    • Honey (fructose)
    • White sugar (sucrose)
  • Seasonings
    • Salt
3. Supplements

Ray Peat on the purity of manufactured supplements:

“Any natural food is extremely purified, whereas any supplement made chemically is going to be dirty just in principle"

Ray Peat on supplementing with activated charcoal:

“A few years ago, I heard about a Mexican farmer who collected his neighbors' runt pigs, and got them to grow normally by adding charcoal to their diet. This probably achieves the same thing as adding antibiotics to their food, which is practiced by pig farmers in the US to promote growth and efficient use of food. Charcoal, besides binding and removing toxins, is also a powerful catalyst for the oxidative destruction of many toxic chemicals. In a sense, it anticipates the action of the protective enzymes of the intestinal wall and the liver.”

Ray Peat on supplementing with aspirin:

“When people with cancer ask for my recommendations, they usually think I'm joking when I tell them to use aspirin, and very often they don't take it, on the basis of what seems to be a very strong cultural prejudice.

“Since the polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen, aspirin decreases the production of estrogen. So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways.”

“Although the animal studies that showed stomach damage from aspirin often used single doses equivalent to 10 or 100 aspirin tablets, the slight irritation produced by a normal dose of aspirin can be minimized by dissolving the aspirin in water. The stomach develops a tolerance for aspirin over a period of a few days, allowing the dose to be increased if necessary.”

“Aspirin protects against several kinds of toxicity, including excitotoxicity (glutamate), dopamine toxicity, and oxidative free radical toxicity. Since its effects on the mitochondria are similar to those of thyroid (T3), using both of them might improve brain energy production more than just thyroid. (By activating T3, aspirin can sometimes increase the temperature and pulse rate.) Magnesium, niacinamide, and other nerve protective substances work together.”
Supplements to consider incorporating:

• Thyroid hormone (T3 and T4)
  • Testosterone
  • DHT
  • Pregnenolone
  • Progesterone
  • DHEA
  • Aspirin; Baby Aspirin
  • Activated charcoal
  • Vitamin K2
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin E
  • Vitamin B Complex
  • Magnesium
  • Biotin
  • Caffeine
4. Water & Beverages

Ray Peat on adequate hydration:

"Thirst is the best guide to the amount of fluid needed."

Beverages to consider incorporating:

• Coffee
  • Traditional Coca-Cola (made with sugar)
  • Orange juice
Common chemicals and contaminants which are found in water to consider removing from your water:

• Chlorine; Chloramines
  • Fluoride
  • Heavy metals
Common water filtration methods to consider which remove chemicals, contaminants, and minerals:

• Distillation
  • Reverse Osmosis
Common water filtration methods to consider which remove the majority of chemicals and contaminants but preserve minerals:

• Activated carbon

5. Exercise

Ray Peat on reparative exercise:

“Exercise, like aging, obesity, and diabetes, increases the levels of circulating free fatty acids and lactate. But ordinary activity of an integral sort, activates the systems in an organized way, increasing carbon dioxide and circulation and efficiency. Different types of exercise have been identified as destructive or reparative to the mitochondria; “concentric” muscular work is said to be restorative to the mitochondria. As I understand it, this means contraction with a load, and relaxation without a load. The heart’s contraction follows this principle, and this could explain the observation that heart mitochondria don’t change in the course of ordinary aging.”

Ray Peat on so-called “aerobic” exercise:

“I’m not sure who introduced the term “aerobic” to describe the state of anaerobic metabolism that develops during stressful exercise, but it has had many harmful repercussions. In experiments, T3 production is stopped very quickly by even “sub-aerobic” exercise, probably because of the combination of a decrease of blood glucose and an increase in free fatty acids. In a healthy person, rest will tend to restore the normal level of T3, but there is evidence that even very good athletes remain in a hypothyroid state even at rest. A chronic increase of lactic acid and cortisol indicates that something is wrong. The “slender muscles” of endurance runners are signs of a catabolic state, that has been demonstrated even in the heart muscle. A slow heart beat very strongly suggests hypothyroidism. Hypothyroid people, who are likely to produce lactic acid even at rest, are especially susceptible to the harmful effects of “aerobic” exercise.”

Ray Peat on brain activity and exercise:

“However, in Russia, physiologists always remember to include the brain in their calculations, and it turns out that a walk through interesting and pleasant surroundings consumes more energy than does harder but more boring exercise. An active brain consumes a tremendous amount of fuel.”

Exercises to consider incorporating:

• Concentric, anaerobic exercise
    • Weight lifting
    • Body weight exercises
  • Activities that require focus and stimulation of your mind
    • Art
    • Math
    • Music
    • Stimulating hobbies
    • Walking
Exercises to consider reducing:

• So-called “Aerobic” exercise
    • Cardio

6. Other
1. Red Light Therapy
Ray Peat on Red Light Therapy:

"Light, especially red light, penetrates into the body, and suppresses free radical activity and activates the crucial respiratory enzyme, cytochrome oxidase, which is activated by thyroid, and which is inactivated by polyunsaturated fats."

Products to consider purchasing:

• Red heat lamp
  • 660nm bulb
  • 880nm bulb
2. Grounding and Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF) Pollution

Ray Peat on grounding the body:

“I’m fairly sure that there is benefit from having some kind of more or less direct contact with the earth… Still staying away from the machine as far as possible is the best thing.”

Products to consider purchasing or assembling:

• Grounding mat
  • Grounding sheets
  • Personal grounding device
  • Grounding clothing
For my own personal use, I purchased a pair of 'conductive socks' (available on Amazon and eBay) for less then $10 per pair and then attached a single wire of speaker wire with an alligator clip on one end and a three-pronged electrical plug on the other end. All the remaining materials were bought at a hardware store for less then $7 or so. During sleep, I slip on the socks, attach the alligator clip to the metal clasp on the socks and plug in the plug to any outlet that is grounded and then I become grounded. If you would like to check all this, you can easily do so by buying a digital multimeter and checking the current running through your body before and after you don the socks (or whatever method you use for grounding). This option is much less expensive than grounding mats which are for sale on Amazon and eBay and is very convenient for me because I already wear socks to bed during cold months and our feet are very conductive compared to other parts of our body. Very effective. In the warm months, the alligator clip can be attached to a conductive sheet instead of using the socks.

3. Radio wave Frequency Pollution (Radiation Pollution)
Ray Peat on radiation pollution:

“Using the simplest, older-fashioned technologies like wires is very important rather than Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.”

4. Increasing CO2 Levels

Ray Peat on carbon dioxide:

“The end product of respiration is carbon dioxide, and it is an essential component of the life process. The ability to produce and retain enough carbon dioxide is as important for longevity as the ability to conserve enough heat to allow chemical reactions to occur as needed."

"If the intrauterine experience, with low oxygen and high carbon dioxide, serves to “reprogram” cells to remove the accumulated effects of age and stress, and so to maximize the developmental potential of the new organism, a life that’s lived with nearly those levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide might be able to avoid the progressive silencing of genes and loss of function that cause aging and degenerative diseases.”
Practices to consider incorporating:

• Breathing in a bag or holding your breath to increase CO2 concentration and tolerance
Fore more information, visit: www.raypeat.com and www.raypeatforum.com and www.dannyroddy.com

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: bussi, italiangigaChad, Youㅤ and 8 others
ok so how do i get this added to botb now? this took me alot of hrs so pls

• +1
Reactions: spdxer
Introduction: There seems to be so much confusion around and a lack of organization in the body of Dr. Ray Peat’s work that I thought I would try to condense and distill some of the ideas put forth by his research not only for my own benefit but also for others in order to make his work a bit more accessible and practical. Feel free to experiment with incorporating as much or as little as is practical and palatable for you. You’ll notice there are not many things which Ray Peat’s work suggests are strongly advised with the few exceptions of perhaps removing polyunsaturated fats and making an effort to limit intake of starches or at the very least make sure they are thoroughly cooked and eaten with fat. And among those concepts which might be considered ‘controversial’ by others I would say the former and Ray’s reinforcement of the refutation of concept of “essential” fatty acids and Ray’s promotion of refined sugar and/or fruits to boost the metabolism and reduce stress on the thyroid would be the only ones—and none of these are dietary ‘rules’ which must be followed per-say, but simply are observations based on research and if you can accept them then you’re welcome to experiment with incorporating them and see what works for you. Terms like ‘Peaty’ and ‘Peatarian’ are sometimes used ignorantly or irresponsibly to describe things which align with Dr. Peat’s findings because they imply Ray Peat or those who agree with his work have created a strict protocol which requires complete obedience in order to qualify as a success, which is the farthest thing from the truth. We have some ideas; we’ve drawn some conclusions; and this is what the research points to and everyone is free to incorporate as much or as little as they think suitable. So be wary when terms like those are thrown around because they are probably being misused. Otherwise, supplementing with aspirin, filtering water, making an effort to reduce exposure to radiation pollution and electromagnetic fields and red-light therapy are either widely accept or currently gaining ground in one circle or another in nutritious-minded communities. Enjoy.

Tables of Contents
  2. Foods
  3. Supplements
  4. Water & Beverages
  5. Exercise
  6. Other
    1. Red Light Therapy
    2. Electromagnetic Field (EMF) Pollution
    3. Radio Wave Pollution
    4. Increasing CO2 Levels

Ray Peat on metabolic rate:

"Keeping the metabolic rate up is the main thing, and there are lots of ways to do it"

Fundamental principles to consider practicing:

• Aiming to raise body temperature through improving metabolism and avoiding substances which suppress the function of the thyroid thereby reducing body temperature and impairing metabolism
  • Complete abstinence of all polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs)
  • Reduction of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
  • Regular incorporation of beef liver and other organ meats
  • Measuring your body temperature regularly
  • Checking your pulse rate regularly
  • Moderate to high amounts of carbohydrates
    • 45–65% of daily calories
  • Moderate amounts of protein
    • 80-100g per day on average
    • 10-35% of daily calories
  • Low to moderate amounts of saturated fat
    • 8-20% of daily calories
  • Drinking fluids based on thirst
Advanced practices to consider incorporating:

• Near complete reduction of starches with some exceptions
  • Using sugars (sucrose, lactose, and fructose) and fully saturated fats to improve metabolism
  • Reduction of muscle meat as primary source of protein, replacing it with gelatin and dairy
  • Supplementing with thyroid hormone, Vitamin K2, Vitamin D3 and aspirin
  • Bathing in red light (635 to 700 nm) and infrared light (880nm)
    • Two to three times a week for 15 minutes or more
  • Breathing in a bag or holding your breath to increase CO2 levels
  • Continuing to reduce exposure to harmful foods which suppress the thyroid and incorporating foods which support the thyroid
Hormones to reduce and/or avoid:

• Cortisol
  • Serotonin
  • Estrogen
  • Prolactin
  • Melatonin
  • Growth hormone
Substances to reduce and/or avoid:

• Nitric Oxide
  • Histamine
2. Foods
Ray Peat on polyunsaturated fatty acids:

“Chemically, the material that makes these oils very toxic is the polyunsaturated fat itself. These unsaturated oils are found in very high concentrations in many seeds, and in the fats of animals that have eaten a diet containing them. The fresh oils, whether cold pressed or consumed as part of the living plant material, are intrinsically toxic, and it is not any special industrial treatment that makes them toxic.

“These toxic oils are sometimes called the "essential fatty acids" or "vitamin F," but this concept of the oils as essential nutrients was clearly disproved over 50 years ago.

“Linoleic and linolenic acids, the "essential fatty acids," and other polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are now fed to pigs to fatten them, in the form of corn and soy beans, cause the animals' fat to be chemically equivalent to vegetable oil. In the late 1940s, chemical toxins were used to suppress the thyroid function of pigs, to make them get fatter while consuming less food. When that was found to be carcinogenic, it was then found that corn and soy beans had the same antithyroid effect, causing the animals to be fattened at low cost. The animals' fat becomes chemically similar to the fats in their food, causing it to be equally toxic, and equally fattening.”

Ray Peat on starches:

“For people with really sensitive intestines or bad bacteria, starch should be zero… Starch is less harmful when eaten with saturated fat, but it’s still more fattening than sugars.”

Ray Peat on the ratio of macro nutrients:

“The proportion of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat--it probably should be something like a third of each, but I’m not sure what the ideal is. It depends so much on the quality of each of them. Avoid starch, and avoiding eating polyunsaturated fats, and avoiding the very high tryptophan-content proteins... then you could go very high on any one of the major nutrients without problem”

Foods to avoid or remove:

• Polyunsaturated Fats
    • Vegetable oils
  • Nuts
  • Seeds
  • Soy
  • Artificial thickeners
    • Carrageenan, et al.
Foods to consider reducing or avoiding:

• "Essential" Fatty Acids (EFAs)
    • Fish Oil
Foods to consider incorporating:

• Dairy
    • Milk
      • Raw or pasteurized
      • Whole or low fat
      • Lactose-free
    • Cheese
    • Ice cream
    • Butter with moderation
  • Seafood
    • Oysters
    • Cod
    • Crab
    • Sole fish
    • Shrimp
  • Ruminant
    • Beef
    • Beef liver
    • Beef gelatin
  • Poultry
    • Chicken eggs
  • Fruits
    • Oranges
    • Grapes
    • Papaya
    • Sapotas
    • Mangos
    • Lychees
    • Cherries
    • Watermelon
    • Coconut oil
  • Vegetables
    • Bamboo shoots
    • Carrots
    • Potatoes
    • Masa harina (Corn Flour)
    • Sourdough bread
    • White rice
  • Fungus
    • Mushrooms
  • Sweeteners
    • Honey (fructose)
    • White sugar (sucrose)
  • Seasonings
    • Salt
3. Supplements

Ray Peat on the purity of manufactured supplements:

“Any natural food is extremely purified, whereas any supplement made chemically is going to be dirty just in principle"

Ray Peat on supplementing with activated charcoal:

“A few years ago, I heard about a Mexican farmer who collected his neighbors' runt pigs, and got them to grow normally by adding charcoal to their diet. This probably achieves the same thing as adding antibiotics to their food, which is practiced by pig farmers in the US to promote growth and efficient use of food. Charcoal, besides binding and removing toxins, is also a powerful catalyst for the oxidative destruction of many toxic chemicals. In a sense, it anticipates the action of the protective enzymes of the intestinal wall and the liver.”

Ray Peat on supplementing with aspirin:

“When people with cancer ask for my recommendations, they usually think I'm joking when I tell them to use aspirin, and very often they don't take it, on the basis of what seems to be a very strong cultural prejudice.

“Since the polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen, aspirin decreases the production of estrogen. So many of aspirin's effects oppose those of estrogen, it would be tempting to suggest that its "basic action" is the suppression of estrogen. But I think it's more likely that both estrogen and aspirin are acting on some basic processes, in approximately opposite ways.”

“Although the animal studies that showed stomach damage from aspirin often used single doses equivalent to 10 or 100 aspirin tablets, the slight irritation produced by a normal dose of aspirin can be minimized by dissolving the aspirin in water. The stomach develops a tolerance for aspirin over a period of a few days, allowing the dose to be increased if necessary.”

“Aspirin protects against several kinds of toxicity, including excitotoxicity (glutamate), dopamine toxicity, and oxidative free radical toxicity. Since its effects on the mitochondria are similar to those of thyroid (T3), using both of them might improve brain energy production more than just thyroid. (By activating T3, aspirin can sometimes increase the temperature and pulse rate.) Magnesium, niacinamide, and other nerve protective substances work together.”
Supplements to consider incorporating:

• Thyroid hormone (T3 and T4)
  • Testosterone
  • DHT
  • Pregnenolone
  • Progesterone
  • DHEA
  • Aspirin; Baby Aspirin
  • Activated charcoal
  • Vitamin K2
  • Vitamin D3
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin E
  • Vitamin B Complex
  • Magnesium
  • Biotin
  • Caffeine
4. Water & Beverages

Ray Peat on adequate hydration:

"Thirst is the best guide to the amount of fluid needed."

Beverages to consider incorporating:

• Coffee
  • Traditional Coca-Cola (made with sugar)
  • Orange juice
Common chemicals and contaminants which are found in water to consider removing from your water:

• Chlorine; Chloramines
  • Fluoride
  • Heavy metals
Common water filtration methods to consider which remove chemicals, contaminants, and minerals:

• Distillation
  • Reverse Osmosis
Common water filtration methods to consider which remove the majority of chemicals and contaminants but preserve minerals:

• Activated carbon

5. Exercise

Ray Peat on reparative exercise:

“Exercise, like aging, obesity, and diabetes, increases the levels of circulating free fatty acids and lactate. But ordinary activity of an integral sort, activates the systems in an organized way, increasing carbon dioxide and circulation and efficiency. Different types of exercise have been identified as destructive or reparative to the mitochondria; “concentric” muscular work is said to be restorative to the mitochondria. As I understand it, this means contraction with a load, and relaxation without a load. The heart’s contraction follows this principle, and this could explain the observation that heart mitochondria don’t change in the course of ordinary aging.”

Ray Peat on so-called “aerobic” exercise:

“I’m not sure who introduced the term “aerobic” to describe the state of anaerobic metabolism that develops during stressful exercise, but it has had many harmful repercussions. In experiments, T3 production is stopped very quickly by even “sub-aerobic” exercise, probably because of the combination of a decrease of blood glucose and an increase in free fatty acids. In a healthy person, rest will tend to restore the normal level of T3, but there is evidence that even very good athletes remain in a hypothyroid state even at rest. A chronic increase of lactic acid and cortisol indicates that something is wrong. The “slender muscles” of endurance runners are signs of a catabolic state, that has been demonstrated even in the heart muscle. A slow heart beat very strongly suggests hypothyroidism. Hypothyroid people, who are likely to produce lactic acid even at rest, are especially susceptible to the harmful effects of “aerobic” exercise.”

Ray Peat on brain activity and exercise:

“However, in Russia, physiologists always remember to include the brain in their calculations, and it turns out that a walk through interesting and pleasant surroundings consumes more energy than does harder but more boring exercise. An active brain consumes a tremendous amount of fuel.”

Exercises to consider incorporating:

• Concentric, anaerobic exercise
    • Weight lifting
    • Body weight exercises
  • Activities that require focus and stimulation of your mind
    • Art
    • Math
    • Music
    • Stimulating hobbies
    • Walking
Exercises to consider reducing:

• So-called “Aerobic” exercise
    • Cardio

6. Other
1. Red Light Therapy
Ray Peat on Red Light Therapy:

"Light, especially red light, penetrates into the body, and suppresses free radical activity and activates the crucial respiratory enzyme, cytochrome oxidase, which is activated by thyroid, and which is inactivated by polyunsaturated fats."

Products to consider purchasing:

• Red heat lamp
  • 660nm bulb
  • 880nm bulb
2. Grounding and Electro Magnetic Fields (EMF) Pollution

Ray Peat on grounding the body:

“I’m fairly sure that there is benefit from having some kind of more or less direct contact with the earth… Still staying away from the machine as far as possible is the best thing.”

Products to consider purchasing or assembling:

• Grounding mat
  • Grounding sheets
  • Personal grounding device
  • Grounding clothing
For my own personal use, I purchased a pair of 'conductive socks' (available on Amazon and eBay) for less then $10 per pair and then attached a single wire of speaker wire with an alligator clip on one end and a three-pronged electrical plug on the other end. All the remaining materials were bought at a hardware store for less then $7 or so. During sleep, I slip on the socks, attach the alligator clip to the metal clasp on the socks and plug in the plug to any outlet that is grounded and then I become grounded. If you would like to check all this, you can easily do so by buying a digital multimeter and checking the current running through your body before and after you don the socks (or whatever method you use for grounding). This option is much less expensive than grounding mats which are for sale on Amazon and eBay and is very convenient for me because I already wear socks to bed during cold months and our feet are very conductive compared to other parts of our body. Very effective. In the warm months, the alligator clip can be attached to a conductive sheet instead of using the socks.

3. Radio wave Frequency Pollution (Radiation Pollution)
Ray Peat on radiation pollution:

“Using the simplest, older-fashioned technologies like wires is very important rather than Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.”

4. Increasing CO2 Levels

Ray Peat on carbon dioxide:

“The end product of respiration is carbon dioxide, and it is an essential component of the life process. The ability to produce and retain enough carbon dioxide is as important for longevity as the ability to conserve enough heat to allow chemical reactions to occur as needed."

"If the intrauterine experience, with low oxygen and high carbon dioxide, serves to “reprogram” cells to remove the accumulated effects of age and stress, and so to maximize the developmental potential of the new organism, a life that’s lived with nearly those levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide might be able to avoid the progressive silencing of genes and loss of function that cause aging and degenerative diseases.”
Practices to consider incorporating:

• Breathing in a bag or holding your breath to increase CO2 concentration and tolerance
Fore more information, visit: www.raypeat.com and www.raypeatforum.com and www.dannyroddy.com
impossible to take seriously any diet that recommends milk to be honest. Its so against our evolution.

• JFL
Reactions: Dystopian, BrahminBoss and Deleted member 15854
Ray Peat ran so we could walk

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
impossible to take seriously any diet that recommends milk to be honest. Its so against our evolution.
nigga that shit grows baby cows into thick ass grown cows, take lactase enzyme with it or slowly build tolerance. swish it in mouth for few seconds before swallowing for better absorption and digestion

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis
@enchanted_elixir how ur shitty guides go botb and not mine? wtf is this jew

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
@enchanted_elixir how ur shitty guides go botb and not mine? wtf is this jew
Your formatting is scarily bad, I assure you that 99.9% of people won't read over 5 words of that

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: enchanted_elixir, Ragnar, Deleted member 24712 and 2 others
Your formatting is scarily bad, I assure you that 99.9% of people won't read over 5 words of that
stfu pussy and force yourself to read this whilst listening john cena theme. doesent matter if it takes 10mins to read, this is for your own good faggot

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets and 5'7 zoomer
stfu pussy and force yourself to read this whilst listening john cena theme. doesent matter if it takes 10mins to read, this is for your own good faggot
seems like someone got a cortisol spike after realizing their high effort thread will be completely ignored

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Debetro, Deleted member 24712 and Deleted member 15854
Edit this bro, took me a min to scroll down to the replies

• JFL
  • +1
Talk to the mods. Mods don't search for good guides, you have to bug them to add them.
which mods do i tag? could u tag them here for me? im new to this and might write some more botb material or maybe not if they continue to flop like this one jfl

1. [IMG alt="Preston"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/6/6949.jpg?1674828166[/IMG]

@Preston

Mewslim · From United States
    • Posts 22,890
    • Reputation 52,279
    • Points 179
  2. [IMG alt="AscendingHero"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/12/12872.jpg?1673214311[/IMG]

@AscendingHero

Opportunities dont happen, you create them
    • Posts 11,631
    • Solutions 7
    • Reputation 17,232
    • Points 148
  3. [IMG alt="Lorsss"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/0/316.jpg?1674692202[/IMG]

@Lorsss

Lorsss - gozomaxxer · From italy
    • Posts 10,734
    • Solutions 1
    • Reputation 18,875
    • Points 238
  4. [IMG alt="Gargantuan"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/6/6086.jpg?1669907374[/IMG]

@Gargantuan

Mod
    • Posts 12,771
    • Reputation 38,586
    • Points 198
  5. [IMG alt="tyronelite"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/3/3555.jpg?1674342164[/IMG]

@tyronelite

Banned Till Lean - No DMs
    • Posts 9,461
    • Reputation 21,267
    • Points 154
  6. [IMG alt="Kingkellz"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/4/4678.jpg?1592627570[/IMG]

@Kingkellz

Head of head of head of head of Doctors
    • Posts 4,535
    • Reputation 15,401
    • Points 188
  7. [IMG alt="TRUE_CEL"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/0/454.jpg?1674241245[/IMG]

@TRUE_CEL

looksminned shitposter · From The Netherlands
    • Posts 54,729
    • Reputation 65,767
    • Points 184
  8. [IMG alt="StoicSperg"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/0/54.jpg?1673246824[/IMG]

@StoicSperg

Ascension Date: 10/1/23
    • Posts 1,309
    • Reputation 2,517
    • Points 114
  9. [IMG alt="Niklaus Mikaelson"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/19/19744.jpg?1672509663[/IMG]

@Niklaus Mikaelson

Vampiremaxxer - Moneymaking & Success Mod
    • Posts 7,047
    • Reputation 20,495
    • Points 94
  10. [IMG alt="5ft1"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/s/17/17930.jpg?1672445957[/IMG]

@5ft1

Cute gf is essential
    • Posts 9,329
    • Solutions 1
    • Reputation 13,468
    • Points 88

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and 5'7 zoomer
Dnrd but good thread

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Deleted member 15854
Dnrd but good thread
19429.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: BongMog
nigga that shit grows baby cows into thick ass grown cows, take lactase enzyme with it or slowly build tolerance. swish it in mouth for few seconds before swallowing for better absorption and digestion
elephants eat grass, leaves, bark, roots. We are a different species, we started drinking milk recently. Even the few ancient (Not really ancient) tribes that eated milk, eated derived products of milk, not milk per see, they saw as disgusting.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Deleted member 15854
@AscendingHero botb pls babes

"Starch is less harmful when eaten with saturated fat, but it’s still more fattening than sugars."

Both of these are completely wrong.

• +1
Reactions: RopeMaxxed and Deleted member 15854
"Starch is less harmful when eaten with saturated fat, but it’s still more fattening than sugars."

Both of these are completely wrong.
ye maybe ur right idk lol

Can't take milk drinkers seriously tbh. Drink ale, mead, and red wine.

The most popular definition of a “milk drinker” in Urban Dictionary is: An insult / derogative term deriving from the video game Skyrim, often used by City Guards to suggest a person is weak and / or young / inexperienced.

The guy is a fraudulent scammer

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
I'll reformat this if you pay me ($15)
You probably won't do that, but that's fine.
Ask @Alexanderr to give you temporary editing privileges or make a new thread with better formatting, and a better title.

I will consider your guide then.
@enchanted_elixir

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25938 and Deleted member 15854
mirin effort but this might literally be the most brain numbing shit to read on the entire fucking forum

with good formatting this would be a very good thread though

• JFL
no format my thread

read everything while listening to the thread theme 10/10

7837 arm buff deformed glasses hand smile soyjak stubble subvariant emmanuel subvariant wholes

The autism is heavy with this one :feelskek:

not a single word