My irl consultation with MSE provider yesterday

Deleted member 3020

Deleted member 3020

wage slaving for surgery
So basically he says I would get MSE+FM, but I will only have 6 mm transverse expansion, because he believes if I expand too much even lingual torquing won’t even save my occlusion, which is understandable. I also asked for an upward angle with the FM he is going to provide me and he said he can do that. He also said the FM will help correct my overbite, when the mandible upswings. My dad asked for him to make a morph of what I’ll look like after the treatment plan, so I am excited for that. I will being going from 40 mm to 46 mm and as much sagittal expansion as I can, is this good enough?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Julius, Subhuman Philtrum and 1 other person
Which country is this happening in?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
Your father support you. I wish I would have my family's support. When I told my mother I will need palatal expansion she said I am sick on mind.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, AscendingHero, Deleted member 5349 and 4 others
Your father support you. I wish I would have my family's support. When I told my mother I will need palatal expansion she said I am sick on mind.
It is ok my friend, we all make it. You do not want to know what I went through to get my parents to agree with me.

So basically he says I would get MSE+FM, but I will only have 6 mm transverse expansion, because he believes if I expand too much even lingual torquing won’t even save my occlusion, which is understandable. I also asked for an upward angle with the FM he is going to provide me and he said he can do that. He also said the FM will help correct my overbite, when the mandible upswings. My dad asked for him to make a morph of what I’ll look like after the treatment plan, so I am excited for that. I will being going from 40 mm to 46 mm and as much sagittal expansion as I can, is this good enough?
show us the morph when you get it bro! Good luck

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385 and Deleted member 3020
mirin ngl.
46mm imw is more than enough.
Our ancestors had low 50’s.

cant believe your ortho is actually agreeing with you, 99.9% of orthos today are bluepilled.

which country are you from?

you want to wear the facemask for longer than the period of mse expansion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 3020
mirin ngl.
46mm imw is more than enough.
Our ancestors had low 50’s.

cant believe your ortho is actually agreeing with you, 99.9% of orthos today are bluepilled.

which country are you from?

you want to wear the facemask for longer than the period of mse expansion.
Ok ngl I am kinda greedy and want more IMW, he could make that happen because he could probably torque my lower molars outward as well, but it will probably cost more and I don’t want to do that to my parents. My ortho isn’t really blackpilled, he just does what people want as long as it’s healthy. I am from USA. I will wear it longer, I’ll just ask him to keep the mse molar bands on longer so I can wear the FM and stuff while he manages my braces every few months

• +1
Reactions: Elias
Ok ngl I am kinda greedy and want more IMW, he could make that happen because he could probably torque my lower molars outward as well, but it will probably cost more and I don’t want to do that to my parents. My ortho isn’t really blackpilled, he just does what people want as long as it’s healthy. I am from USA. I will wear it longer, I’ll just ask him to keep the mse molar bands on longer so I can wear the FM and stuff while he manages my braces every few months
trust me just go for the 6mm. anterior and coronal growth from the fm is far more important

just make sure you buy copeandropes facebow and use that

• +1
How did you find someone who provides MSE + Facemask? The orthos in my area are all normal and don't do it. Is there a list or something? If you're on the East Coast PM me your provider I need to ascend. If I can't find someone to get it from I'll have to cope with the DNA appliance.

Also what was the price you were quoted? Can you find out? The providers keep price info deliberately hard to find so they can rip off the uninformed tbh.

• +1
How did you find someone who provides MSE + Facemask? The orthos in my area are all normal and don't do it. Is there a list or something? If you're on the East Coast PM me your provider I need to ascend. If I can't find someone to get it from I'll have to cope with the DNA appliance.

Also what was the price you were quoted? Can you find out? The providers keep price info deliberately hard to find so they can rip off the uninformed tbh.
I first emailed the two suppliers of MSE that I know of which are bmkhalo@gmail.com and info@greatlakesdentaltech.com they sent me to Dr. David Birdwell at Ortho arts, he denied my request. I joined the MSE facebook group and searched for orthodontists who live near me, I found someone in Tulsa who does MSE Dr. Llon Clendenen at Tulsa braces and I virtually consulted with him, he told me he is willing to do it. Total cost 6.7k that is including MSE+braces+FM+retainers but my parents are paying monthly around 250. If you’re east coast, the most reputable orthodontist is Zubad Newaz based in Florida and New York he will ascend you hard or do what I did.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, middayshowers and Easymoney100
I first emailed the two suppliers of MSE that I know of which are bmkhalo@gmail.com and info@greatlakesdentaltech.com they sent me to Dr. David Birdwell at Ortho arts, he denied my request. I joined the MSE facebook group and searched for orthodontists who live near me, I found someone in Tulsa who does MSE Dr. Llon Clendenen at Tulsa braces and I virtually consulted with him, he told me he is willing to do it. Total cost 6.7k that is including MSE+braces+FM+retainers but my parents are paying monthly around 250. If you’re east coast, the most reputable orthodontist is Zubad Newaz based in Florida and New York he will ascend you hard or do what I did.
link the mse facebook group

link the mse facebook group
Based response I appreciate it and that's a pretty good price you got tbh. I've seen people say they paid 6k just for a full course of DNA appliance treatment which is obviously inferior. Now I really feel like I should skip the DNA and just go with MSE. What are you doing to widen the mandible?

Also, it's rage inducing that retractive orthodontists have offices in every town ready to ruin your facial development but you have to go into obscure facebook groups just to get good treatment that won't ruin your life.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020 and Deleted member 5385
Based response I appreciate it and that's a pretty good price you got tbh. I've seen people say they paid 6k just for a full course of DNA appliance treatment which is obviously inferior. Now I really feel like I should skip the DNA and just go with MSE. What are you doing to widen the mandible?

Also, it's rage inducing that retractive orthodontists have offices in every town ready to ruin your facial development but you have to go into obscure facebook groups just to get good treatment that won't ruin your life.
Nothing to widen the mandible. Maybe my ortho might use braces to expand the teeth a little bit. He is tipping my upper molars inward for bite allignment. My first consultation, the guy offered to extract my premolars to fix my overbite jfl, he also said the maxilla doesn’t grow anymore at my age (15)
My new orthodontist said that a FM might actually fix my overbite by the mandible upswinging, which is amazing; all win scenario. I’m so glad I didn’t give up after the first consultation. They even persuaded my parents into thinking I’m autistic but they told me one more consultation and if I get denied, it’s over.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Raddemon
What FM?

• +1
Is FM the same principle as facepulling? So in that case facepulling works?

• +1
  • +1
Whatever my orthodontist gives me.
Ask him lol
Chin cup may halt remodelling at the symphysis
And anchor at forehead at postive distraction vector may make long application of FM unbearable due to First Principle of strain at the Sinus (Compressive) compounding with the initial pressure of forehead anchor

Bone or teeth anchorpoints ?

Ask him lol
Chin cup may halt remodelling at the symphysis
And anchor at forehead at postive distraction vector may make long application of FM unbearable due to First Principle of strain at the Sinus (Compressive) compounding with the initial pressure of forehead anchor
Richard Ting uses both the chin and forehead anchors, also it could cause joint problems, but idk. It’s pretty uncomfortable with the crane and Kahn’s facebow from other people’s experiences.
Bone or teeth anchorpoints ?
It’s MSE, but the facemask hook is anchored to the molar band which is also attached to the MSE itself, not sure how much a problem that would be.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
Richard Ting uses both the chin and forehead anchors, also it could cause joint problems, but idk. It’s pretty uncomfortable with the crane and Kahn’s facebow from other people’s experiences.

It’s MSE, but the facemask hook is anchored to the molar band which is also attached to the MSE itself, not sure how much a problem that would be.
I might not be able to use chincup due to MSDO

• +1
I might not be able to use chincup due to MSDO
All of these facemask inventions are pretty shitty. I don’t want to have a neck brace. Kahn’s bow was reported to be uncomfortable because of the shit forehead strap. But honestly whatever the orthodontist gives me, I’ll take it. It’s probably gonna be a delaire FM or reverse pull

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
All of these facemask inventions are pretty shitty. I don’t want to have a neck brace. Kahn’s bow was reported to be uncomfortable because of the shit forehead strap. But honestly whatever the orthodontist gives me, I’ll take it. It’s probably gonna be a delaire FM or reverse pull
There was a theory that 30 minute sessions 4 times a day is most effective due to nervous system or some shit
If this is true, then the best facemask would be one with anchors OUTSIDE of your body

• +1
Nothing to widen the mandible. Maybe my ortho might use braces to expand the teeth a little bit. He is tipping my upper molars inward for bite allignment. My first consultation, the guy offered to extract my premolars to fix my overbite jfl, he also said the maxilla doesn’t grow anymore at my age (15)
My new orthodontist said that a FM might actually fix my overbite by the mandible upswinging, which is amazing; all win scenario. I’m so glad I didn’t give up after the first consultation. They even persuaded my parents into thinking I’m autistic but they told me one more consultation and if I get denied, it’s over.
You and your parents beat those Jews unlike I did. Respect brother.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer and Deleted member 3020

Spill the beans pls what’s the orthos name and what state I gotta go to ?