N-Acetyl-Cysteine and mesocorticolimbic regulation?

Seth Walsh

Seth Walsh

The man in the mirror is my only threat
Anyone been taking NAC daily for many months? If so, wondering what effects you've noticed? Regular NAC intake could help with glutamate dysregulation in the brain as well helping correct many learning and reward pathways. Haven't seen many, if any anecdotes? Anyone here have some genuine experience with NAC supplementation?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AscendingHero, quakociaptockh and 2 others
What's mesocorticolimbic regulation?

• +1
Reactions: quakociaptockh
Adding this to the list, but you will have wait few months before the results are published.

• Love it
Reactions: Seth Walsh
The best stack for lowinhibmaxing for me are general stimulants, like racetams.

I don't know how to say it. Normally I think very slowly (when in social context, because I can think flash fast about my autistic hobbies). This slowness makes me look like a retard. Also, someone might try to mog me, and I will not be able to react in time, which gives me anxiety.

On stimulants everything is different. I am able to react instantly to people's input, both good and bad. If someone barks something bad I know what to say (fight back). This knowledge alone gives me peace, so no anxiety.

My social anxiety dropped significantly, or actually nearly to zero, a while I started to do racetams. Now it's gone even without racetams, but this was a necessary step, to be able to respond to ppl's power play.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
i took the powder (i think it was like 700mg every scoop) with water for at least 6 months. i remember it was extremely sour,it's hard to drink it. btw the only thing i noticed is that my skin was lighter than usual. Now that i think about in that period i was also more low inhibit but i don't know if it was related (and i doubt it).

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
i took the powder (i think it was like 700mg every scoop) with water for at least 6 months. i remember it was extremely sour,it's hard to drink it. btw the only thing i noticed is that my skin was lighter than usual. Now that i think about in that period i was also more low inhibit but i don't know if it was related (and i doubt it).
Interesting. I've been reading into NAC a lot. Trying get through all the studies and understand the neurochemical theory. This video is pretty interesting

I've been taking NAC for like 4-5 months, but idk if it changed anything as I was taking it with 10 different supplements. Was more low inhib for sure, happy from doing simple things, but as I said idk if it's cos of this.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Seth Walsh
I've been taking NAC for like 4-5 months, but idk if it changed anything as I was taking it with 10 different supplements. Was more low inhib for sure, happy from doing simple things, but as I said idk if it's cos of this.
Looks like it helps clear excess glutamate from the synaptic cleft so you can do things without the heightened fear of "thinking about doing them". Helps the brain distinguish between real dangers and non-threatening "fears or fobias" because getting rid of the glutamate prevents the brain from creating thoughts that would create unwarranted anxieties and phobias.

Seriously underrated; and the fact there's thousands of anecdotes about NAC preventing hangovers when taken before drinking adds weight to the theory that it regulates glutamate/gaba balance by clearing the cleft of unneeded and potentially excitotoxic amounts of glutamate.

Trying to look into its effects on dopamine transporters and its potential use to treat broad spectrum addiction.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, zeshama, Deleted member 15827 and 2 others

• +1
:ogre:

• Woah
Reactions: Seth Walsh
Do you know if it lightens skin and eyes?

• +1
  • +1
I think chronic use may lighten the skin a tiny bit over time yes
better ways to lighten eyes and skin any idea? (except hydroquinone or topicals) i just want to lighten by a shade as ive tanned so hard these past few years i think my orignal skin tone changed

Won't do shit to your eyes

this post says otherwise

this post says otherwise
OP there either has secret jew info or is just low iq. Increasing pheo/eumelanin ratio can't influence eye colour. Eye colour is genetically influenced by HERC2 and OCA2 and the melanin ratios can't just be changed the way NAC does it with skin. That stroma surgery might be able to change eye colour but I never looked into it and haven't really heard about it in 2-3 years

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 15827
so NAC instead of gluathione? I saw your other posts on NAC for mental effects and NAC buffers glutathione acc to that post. Should I buy glutathione as well or NAC plus vit C plus MSM stack enough?

so NAC instead of gluathione? I saw your other posts on NAC for mental effects and NAC buffers glutathione acc to that post. Should I buy glutathione as well or NAC plus vit C plus MSM stack enough?
NAC mogs glutathione imo and it has tons more benefits along with being a precursor. I used MSM ages ago but it doesn't have any benefits for me. I'm taking tons of Vit C atm too for collagen so I'd recommend just to stack NAC+VitC, specially if it's just skinmaxxing you're tryna do

• Love it
NAC mogs glutathione imo and it has tons more benefits along with being a precursor. I used MSM ages ago but it doesn't have any benefits for me. I'm taking tons of Vit C atm too for collagen so I'd recommend just to stack NAC+VitC, specially if it's just skinmaxxing you're tryna do
skinmaxxing plus a bit of whitening. im also using tret atm along w azelaic acid i had brutal acne but now im looking to get great smooth clear skin