Kraken
^

• +1
Reactions: TheoryMaxxer, hopelessphoenix, optimusprime and 5 others
If my palate was 45mm instead of 35mm, what changes would i have

in what way tho?

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

You got some sources? I need that for school ded srs

Yeah. I also read that some guys were performing better athleticly after MSE.

I think its something to do with better airways = more oxygen =better hormonal profile

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: greycel, AscendingHero, SubhumanCurrycel and 7 others
The palate is a downgrowth of the anterior pituitary, palate size combined with nasal breathing increases blood flood to the pituitary, stimulating those hormones to be released. What do you think?

Is this linked to cleft palate cases? But some, especially from rural areas still develop wide palates, unlike cleft palate cases in urban areas.

Correction: anterior pituitary, which release HGH.. etc

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: greycel, Tyrant, Bigfatpersonboy and 2 others
wdym effect it?
what could my narrow effect me in?
everything?
if so then im fucked Id just give up

I read a theory that extractions and retractive orthodontics stunt growth by putting pressure on the pituitary gland, I’ll see if i can find it

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: LostYouth, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 1973 and 5 others
I read a theory that extractions and retractive orthodontics stunt growth by putting pressure on the pituitary gland, I’ll see if i can find it
@Rob Paul'sHeight post that study of the mongolic retard who got palate expansion lul

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973

I thought that it had to do more with the fact that retraction causes airway issues which the reduced sleep quality from hypoxic events ie sleep apnea, patients have reduced hormone release during sleep

• +1
Reactions: lutte, Deleted member 5912 and Deleted member 3990
I thought that it had to do more with the fact that retraction causes airway issues which the reduced sleep quality from hypoxic events ie sleep apnea, patients have reduced hormone release during sleep
Both likely
The gland and the chronic stress

• +1
Reactions: lutte and Deleted member 5912
  • +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Both likely
The gland and the chronic stress
All i know is that it's over for me at 173 with two extractions

The palate would need to be very narrow for this to even be true

@Rob Paul'sHeight post that study of the mongolic retard who got palate expansion lul
this book
shows a "double direction" interaction between maxilla and the pituitary gland:

It is the first "direction" of the relation, it could mean that aside mechanical pressure posture, etc, chemicals will affect the palate's width.

He also talks about the lack of vitamin E:

Well, it shows the importance of vitamin E for good pituitary and therefor good hormonal balance. If we link it to Ray Peat's work on PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids), we can guess that excess PUFAs negatively affect the pituitary and therefore the maxilla and palate. I'm only making the link with what I know, we don't know how much, etc.

And more importantly, the other relation from maxilla to pituitary:

This is the before/after 30 days / after 6 months pics

View attachment 251940View attachment 251941

And what is shocking is the pic's legend:

And then:

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, Chintuck22 and goat2x

I think its something to do with better airways = more oxygen =better hormonal profile
Not only that, but mental perfomance is better, probably because of better sleep, I actually feel rested when waking up now.

Anecdotally, after palate expansion, I sleep a lot better and with my mouth closed.

Cardio also has gotten way easier, last month ran a 10k without opening my mouth for the first time.

Resting hr is also a bit lower (like 3-5 bpm) than pre surgery probably because of better sleep and better/easier breathing.

I also feel like my TDEE has gone up a bit, I am eating the same amount of calories, but losing weight, while 2 months ago this was my maintenance, maybe this is because I am still post surgery and the bone regrowth needs kcal, not a med student, don't know.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: LostYouth, Deleted member 9837, Chintuck22 and 4 others
whatever you say, doc

Not only that, but mental perfomance is better, probably because of better sleep, I actually feel rested when waking up now.

Anecdotally, after palate expansion, I sleep a lot better and with my mouth closed.

Cardio also has gotten way easier, last month ran a 10k without opening my mouth for the first time.

Resting hr is also a bit lower (like 3-5 bpm) than pre surgery probably because of better sleep and better/easier breathing.

I also feel like my TDEE has gone up a bit, I am eating the same amount of calories, but losing weight, while 2 months ago this was my maintenance, maybe this is because I am still post surgery and the bone regrowth needs kcal, not a med student, don't know.
How your looks change?
What age did you get mse?

what was ur IMW/nasal width prior to smarpe?

Better airways = better oxygen economy -> Hormone balance

IMO, especially during sleep which is 1/3 of our lives and that matters because it adds up overtime.

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
what was ur IMW/nasal width prior to smarpe?
I don't really know, but soon I will get all my proprietary format xrays/ct scans from the institute and use their software to measure before/afters and post my analysis here.

I am pretty sure my IMW was sub40mm, now its ~43mm, the expansion was a bit less than the full 12mm, my front teeth had a gap of 1cm at the widest point.

Now my biggest issue is do I want to get 6-8mm genio which my current surgeon recommended and go to Andreischev after or should I just go straight to Andreischev to get trimax or whatever he recommends.

Genio is tempting cause I will get results sooner ~7-8months time, while the earliest I could go to Andrei would be like 2 years because my upper palate needs to fully heal before I do any upper jaw surgery.

• Woah
Reactions: curryslayerordeath
How your looks change?
What age did you get mse?
First of all, I did not get MSE, I got SMARPE, basically SARPE, but with a bone borne expander. If youre over 18 and male, most surgeons would recommend osteotomies for upper palate expansion.

I was 21 when the surgery/placement happened.

My smile is WAY wider and better looking, but the gap is still not closed, so I can't say how my smile will change.
Philtrum got shorter, upper lip got thinner, a bit of maxillary upswing(CCWR) and mandibular autorotation because of the expansion and upswing, midface looks a bit more fuller/forward grown, but I attribute that to the swelling, most of it is gone, but the surgery was in mid-july, so its not completely gone. Zygos are definitely more pronounced and by now 4 people have commented how I have a wider face, so anecdotally my FWHR also became better.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, LostYouth, Deleted member 9837 and 2 others
I don't really know, but soon I will get all my proprietary format xrays/ct scans from the institute and use their software to measure before/afters and post my analysis here.

I am pretty sure my IMW was sub40mm, now its ~43mm, the expansion was a bit less than the full 12mm, my front teeth had a gap of 1cm at the widest point.

Now my biggest issue is do I want to get 6-8mm genio which my current surgeon recommended and go to Andreischev after or should I just go straight to Andreischev to get trimax or whatever he recommends.

Genio is tempting cause I will get results sooner ~7-8months time, while the earliest I could go to Andrei would be like 2 years because my upper palate needs to fully heal before I do any upper jaw surgery.
First of all, I did not get MSE, I got SMARPE, basically SARPE, but with a bone borne expander. If youre over 18 and male, most surgeons would recommend osteotomies for upper palate expansion.

I was 21 when the surgery/placement happened.

My smile is WAY wider and better looking, but the gap is still not closed, so I can't say how my smile will change.
Philtrum got shorter, upper lip got thinner, a bit of maxillary upswing(CCWR) and mandibular autorotation because of the expansion and upswing, midface looks a bit more fuller/forward grown, but I attribute that to the swelling, most of it is gone, but the surgery was in mid-july, so its not completely gone. Zygos are definitely more pronounced and by now 4 people have commented how I have a wider face, so anecdotally my FWHR also became better.

lifefuel posts, ty

btw my surgeon said that the palate should be healed enough to do upper jaw surgery after the 6 month retention phase is over (for either marpe or smarpe), not sure why its so much diff for u.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth

Larger nasal cavaties propbably or smth.
I've also heard mouthbreathing fucks with your oxygen concentration in your body

lifefuel posts, ty

btw my surgeon said that the palate should be healed enough to do upper jaw surgery after the 6 month retention phase is over (for either marpe or smarpe), not sure why its so much diff for u.
I have read papers that said 4 months post expansion only ~30% of the bone mass is healed, so it is recommended to keep the expander in as long as possible, i am probably gonna keep it in ~7 months. My surgeon said if I want to do anything else, 8 months would probably be a good time to wait for everything to stabilize, but the longer for it to heal, the better.

As for bimax, the long time is mostly for earning money, I have enough cash to throw away for a good genioplasty, but for bimax/trimax, I would need another year to get to the 12k to throw away for Andreischev or Marianetti or whoever I choose, probably gonna make a post about it when the time comes.

• Woah
lifefuel posts, ty

Is smarpe better than Mse? @yorker12 @curryslayerordeath

• +1
Is smarpe better than Mse? @yorker12 @curryslayerordeath

depends on if your bones are soft enough to split with a regular marpe mainly (aesthetically, probably depends on if your face is already wide or not)

Bumping this thread, any developments since then?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126