Nearly vomited from the book I'm reading

D

Deleted member 22099

I used to not get sick.
A few days ago I started reading Blood Meridian, a Western and I just read a scene where the main characters (a gang hunting native Americans in Mexico) descended on an Apache village and slaughtered them.

I've watched loads of gore vids online but they've never made me feel the way this scene did.

It's described in vivid detail how a Delaware Indian who's riding with the gang smashes two Apache infants heads over a rock until they're unrecognisable and their brains are splattered everywhere.

And then this albino guy in the gang kidnaps an Apache child. It's insinuated that they're going to keep him alive and raise him because that night they joke around with him and give him food and tobacco but the next morning the Albino scalps him.

This is some of the best writing I've ever seen, my stomach was churning and I nearly vomited reading this, no gore vid or even disturbing film, TV show or book has ever made me feel this way.

You should read this book just because of how well it's written, Ive never experienced literature like this.

@Beastimmung @Prettyboy @HarrierDuBois @MoggerGaston @Octillionaire

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ROTTING, Deleted member 5815, Bushman and 4 others
Embrace the immersion, many are refused that gift.

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING, Flanked, zura and 2 others
A few days ago I started reading Blood Meridian, a Western and I just read a scene where the main characters (a gang hunting native Americans in Mexico) descended on an Apache village and slaughtered them.

I've watched loads of gore vids online but they've never made me feel the way this scene did.

It's described in vivid detail how a Delaware Indian who's riding with the gang smashes two Apache infants heads over a rock until they're unrecognisable and their brains are splattered everywhere.

And then this albino guy in the gang kidnaps an Apache child. It's insinuated that they're going to keep him alive and raise him because that night they joke around with him and give him food and tobacco but the next morning the Albino scalps him.

This is some of the best writing I've ever seen, my stomach was churning and I nearly vomited reading this, no gore vid or even disturbing film, TV show or book has ever made me feel this way.

You should read this book just because of how well it's written, Ive never experienced literature like this.

@Beastimmung @Prettyboy @HarrierDuBois
@MoggerGaston[/USER [BGCOLOR=initial][USER=16369]@Octillionaire[/BGCOLOR]
You should read his newest two works. McCarthy was the last great American writer.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22099
mpd psycho or ichi the killer gore mogs

You should read his newest two works. McCarthy was the last great American writer.
It's interesting, I never liked or understood No Country For Old Men but since reading Blood Meridian its themes and message make way more sense to me, I'm going to watch it again soon.

wholesome in a way

dude just thinkimg about ichi the killer makes me gag holy shit, the part where he has permanent cut out holes in his cheeks and smokes out of them holy shit 🤢

you should read Empire of the Summer Moon next. it's nonfiction about the Camanche. it makes for a good companion to BM. that's what I did.

i wasn't as affected by BM though. maybe because I've read American Psycho. but then I wasn't that affected by that either. maybe because I've watched shit about Liberia and seen people actually eating human hearts

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 30918
you should read Empire of the Summer Moon next. it's nonfiction about the Camanche. it makes for a good companion to BM. that's what I did.

i wasn't as affected by BM though. maybe because I've read American Psycho. but then I wasn't that affected by that either. maybe because I've watched shit about Liberia and seen people actually eating human hearts
I read American Psycho and thought it was good, but not amazing. The violent scenes were too over the top like a slasher film to the point they were just silly. Blood Meridian is so brutal in a different way that actually makes me question the purpose of life and shit, like I almost don't want to keep reading.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23218
is bm based on a true story
Yes. It's about a gang that not much is known about their activities, the writer imagined what they could have been like, but it's extremely historically accurate; loads of historians have read it and said it's pretty much as real as it could be. In preparation for it the writer moved to Texas, learned Spanish and spent 15 years exploring the Mexican-American border on horseback.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: ROTTING, Bushman, Deleted member 30918 and 1 other person
ngl i should read some books my eyes been hurting due to rotting 24/7 jfl

Fuck man I'm gonna watch the office or some shit to recover from what I just experienced

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Bushman and garoupilled_
Damn nigga

I’ve coincidentally been listening to the Blood Meridian audiobook the past few days.

The book is apparently too gruesome for a film adaptation

@Beastimmung @Prettyboy @HarrierDuBois @MoggerGaston @Octillionaire
write it down for me. I like history and its brutal facts.