Clavicular

Neurotypical
Contributor
The neck plays an important role in having a masculine DOM look

Unironically twink vs Chad

The ideal ratio for the neck is .95-1 neck to bigonial ratio

Basically a 1-1 which is slightly wide but not really a failo

Heres another ideal neck, long and thick, Saint Tyler Maher

Usually if you have a small skull or narrow skull your skull will be proportional automatically.

If you are blessed/curse with a large wide skull you will have to hypertrophy the neck

I believe that the ideal neck width to height ratio is about 1.35 measured from the anterior mandible/bottom of the ramus to the intersection of the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the scalene major

As you can see the intersection of the 2 separates the trans and the neck musculature

@thecel will have to give his opinion on the ideal neck ratio as there isnt any guidance from lookism

Now that you understand the anatomy and ratios, here's how you most optimally hypertrophy the neck

As you can see the neck has a greater AR content than the rest of the body

And studies suggest that higher AR content means more muscular endurance, now we can speculate that training the neck with more volume frequently is ideal rather than low volume high intensity training

Mike Tyson was a believer in the high volume theory and was quoted saying he performed 500 neck curls per day, UNREAL.

-My current split

My current neck-maxxing split has been to lie off the side of my bed with about 1/3 of my body hanging off the side (neck obviously)

And doing 4 sets of neck curls to failure everyday

I follow it up by 4 sets of reverse neck curls to failure, turning my body to be positioned on my stomach

Then finally 4 sets of lateral neck curls with my body sideways (4 on each side)

I have also been doing 4 sets of shrugs to failure EOD alongside this

Water, but androgens are more efficacous for neck hypertrophy (more AR more binding so more gains obv)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: future_, axeyyek, Niggamaxxer and 16 others
Bookmarked, pencil neck is low t trait

taking roids is ideal for neck
I honestly could become a roid cel with no consequences. They don’t test it in the sport i do. Still, no roids for the face

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga
I honestly could become a roid cel with no consequences. They don’t test it in the sport i do. Still, no roids for the face
22.5 FFMI is ideal tho, gym isnt a cope

• +1
Reactions: mog_me
would you get sleep apnea if you train?

this is motivating me to train neck finally

would you get sleep apnea if you train?

I know gym isn’t a cope I’m just fucked facially, acne, chin and pig nose cel
look at my nose bro, were all gonna make it

• Love it
Reactions: mog_me

R8 Neck do I need to train it

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular
dnr will read next week

• +1
look at my nose bro, were all gonna make it
Haha my nose is a lil worse tho, plus your not a skin or chin cel. But hey, in a few years I can get alar, filler for the chin and somehow fix my skin. We will see about height tho I’m 5’10 at 16 rn. Plates are still open

• +1
bro this is water has been posted 500 times.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003

Attachments

• IMG_5695.webp
    IMG_5695.webp
    168.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5516.png
    IMG_5516.png
    675.3 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: aber
bro this is water has been posted 500 times.
Do you know what water means? theres no measurement for neck height/width

I created this thread to make one up

Extremelly important and underrated

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sayi and Clavicular
wont your jaw appear less defined from a lateral view if your neck is thicker tho

if ur high BF and recessed
i mean in general if you think about it

the distance between your mandible and neck will be reduced no matter what as a result of a thicker neck, whether or not its worth it for the front looks is the real question

good thread tiktoker, but I like to breath during my sleep :sleep:

.org 2024 where people get contributor rank to reiterate what has been established years ago...
@DelonLover1999 @Magnum Opus

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: IMOGYOU, DelonLover1999 and whitegymcel88
The neck plays an important role in having a masculine DOM look
View attachment 2861586

Unironically twink vs Chad

The ideal ratio for the neck is .95-1 neck to bigonial ratio
View attachment 2861587

Basically a 1-1 which is slightly wide but not really a failo

View attachment 2861592

Heres another ideal neck, long and thick, Saint Tyler Maher

Usually if you have a small skull or narrow skull your skull will be proportional automatically.

If you are blessed/curse with a large wide skull you will have to hypertrophy the neck
View attachment 2861596

I believe that the ideal neck width to height ratio is about 1.35 measured from the anterior mandible/bottom of the ramus to the intersection of the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the scalene major

View attachment 2861597
As you can see the intersection of the 2 separates the trans and the neck musculature

@thecel will have to give his opinion on the ideal neck ratio as there isnt any guidance from lookism

Now that you understand the anatomy and ratios, here's how you most optimally hypertrophy the neck

View attachment 2861604

As you can see the neck has a greater AR content than the rest of the body
View attachment 2861615

And studies suggest that higher AR content means more muscular endurance, now we can speculate that training the neck with more volume frequently is ideal rather than low volume high intensity training

View attachment 2861619

Mike Tyson was a believer in the high volume theory and was quoted saying he performed 500 neck curls per day, UNREAL.

-My current split

My current neck-maxxing split has been to lie off the side of my bed with about 1/3 of my body hanging off the side (neck obviously)

And doing 4 sets of neck curls to failure everyday

I follow it up by 4 sets of reverse neck curls to failure, turning my body to be positioned on my stomach

Then finally 4 sets of lateral neck curls with my body sideways (4 on each side)

I have also been doing 4 sets of shrugs to failure EOD alongside this

Water, but androgens are more efficacous for neck hypertrophy (more AR more binding so more gains obv)
This thread is really awesome but when are you doing surgery on yourself :hnghn:

i mean in general if you think about it
View attachment 2861644
the distance between your mandible and neck will be reduced no matter what as a result of a thicker neck, whether or not its worth it for the front looks is the real question

then his thick neck is the reason tyler maher looks like ramus 404 subhuman from the side

View attachment 2861645
then his thick neck is the reason tyler maher looks like ramus 404 subhuman from the side
looking down
.org 2024 where people get contributor rank to reiterate what has been established years ago...
@DelonLover1999 @Magnum Opus
Really because ive never seen anyone post the ideal neck-width ratio?

and i didnt get the role for making threads like these

i post thousand+ times per month sorry if i dont make a BOTB everytime

• +1
Reactions: dragomaxxer
Really because ive never seen anyone post the ideal neck-width ratio?
It's been established around 1:1 or slightly below since years ago.

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999 and mirrormogger
1:1 neck height width ratio is retarded and no one ever said that
It's not bad, depends on the rest of the skull and face proportions.

It's not bad, depends on the rest of the skull and face proportions.
1.3 seems more ideal than 1:1 for height-width

1:1 would appear short and a longer neck is ideal

@HarrierDuBois Theory, Neck to bizygomatic makes more sense as a measurement than neck to bigonial

thoughts?

No no i dont mean neck-bigonial

neck height width
new levels of psl autism. neck-bigonial is the only thing one should consider when training neck, its not worth fucking up over height-width

new levels of psl autism. neck-bigonial is the only thing one should consider when training neck, its not worth fucking up over height-width
why is being overly analytical bad thing, this is a lookism site

@HarrierDuBois Theory, Neck to bizygomatic makes more sense as a measurement than neck to bigonial

thoughts?
Not really I wouldn't say so no.

The best thing you can do to achieve a thick and strong neck the fastest is by doing neck bridges, 2 years ago I started wrestling and just in a month of doing neck bridges my neck was already 48cm, 2cm less than tyson and not to forget the exercise tyson did for his neck size was neck bridges, but it can fuck ur spine up if done incorreectly or excessively, I quit wrestling after 2 months and my neck is still the same size so after u build ur neck it literally doesnt go away

why is being overly analytical bad thing, this is a lookism site
its not bad just isnt relevant to looksmaxxing unless you find some surgery to lengthen/shorten neck JFL

Not really I wouldn't say so no.
just because its the widest part of the face, i think it would be ideal to have a .95 neck to bizygo

ill do some morphs to check rn

this nigga looks like a framecel because of his thick neck
Not because of his thick neck, because of his big head jfl, with thin neck he literally looks big head nerd
He'll look framecel even without neck training

Last edited:
  • Love it
sub 5 with thick neck is a sub 5

just because its the widest part of the face, i think it would be ideal to have a .95 neck to bizygo

ill do some morphs to check rn
if you train your neck to your zygos depending on your jaw width you would be aiming for a neck that’s thicker than your actual jaw

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel