Neurogenesis and Why you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, how to actually chemically boost your cognition

• OP 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
  • Start date
𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫

𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫

Order rules all,
To explain what Neurogenisis you only have to know adult neurogenesis and I won’t go into great details on how it’s preformed from an anatomical standpoint, I’m just trying here to convey a simple idea on what it is and how it effect you and how you can actually enhance your cognitive abilities and even permanently.

Adult neurogenesis: is the process in which neurons are generated from neural stem cells in adults.

Ie: neurogenesis is simply generating and repairing neurons

How does this effect me?

simply put the process learning a new skill, language, or simply just studying or changing your “neurological architect” requires neurogenesis to adopt and to store new information.

Aging coper: Yeah but how will this affect me?
Since everyone knows when we were kids we memorized and learned things way faster than we do today

This is because of neurogenesis, as you grow older the rate of neurogenesis decreases gradually till the point where your cognitive abilities DECLINE

This is why you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

You can actually notice this with older individuals like your parents

•one their cognitive abilities decline as they actually get older

•Their personalities and way of thinking may change drastically with To

This is because they are losing more neurons simply because of aging than their body’s ability to compensate with new neurons via neurogenesis

*This is why Alzheimer’s comes into place, once they reach a level of neurogenesis where the rate of neurons actually decreases their cognitive abilities and memory decreases with it too

20yr old coper: Yeah whatever dude.. I’m not 60…

If it didn’t effect you I wouldn’t have explained all of this, the decrease in neurogenesis actually begins to be noticeable on your learning capabilities from middle school and onwards,
Yes you’re still generating new neurons in your twenties and thirties but it’s far less than when you were 5.

So how can I induce neurogenesis?
Firstly you must understand that the leading factors of neurogenesis that you can improve are
•BDNF(Brain-derived neurotrophic factor)
•NGF(Nerve Growth Factor)

Both can be increased by the following

1-Noopept: also known as Omberacetam is a nootropic substance of the peptide class. Omberacetam is promoted and prescribed in Russia and neighbouring countries as a nootropic with neuroprotective properties.

2-Lions mane: Lion's mane may reduce inflammation and biological markers of Alzheimer's (i.e., amyloid plaques), improve cognition, and increase the release of nerve growth factor

3-Semax: Medical uses for Semax include treatment of stroke, transient ischemic attack, memory and cognitive disorders, peptic ulcers and optic nerve disease.

4-Aerobic exercises causes a significant increase in neurogenisis

*avoiding oxidative stress as much as possible so to not cause cellular damage to your neurons.

*there are other nootropics but those are the most effective

I myself am taking Noopept and lions lane plus other nootropics for less than two years now and I can definitely say that my cognition has been permanently enhanced even after I took a break from everything for two months a few weeks ago

By inducing neurogenesis it’s effects can be long lasting and actually improve your cognitive functioning PERMANENTLY and continues to do so when inducing neurogenesis

Tldr; if you need a Tldr then no neurogenesis is enough for your ape level ass brain, but to put it simply: neurogenesis inducing supplements are just Brain cells in a bottle

Tagging the Warriors of human evolution(move this shit to BOTB):
@Alexanderr @TRUE_CEL @Gargantuan @tyronelite @Kingkellz

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: genzo, bloomercel, Deleted member 11126 and 17 others
This was made purely by me other than the definitions of Noopept, semax and adult neurogenesis

So feel free to ask about my experience with nootropics and other supplements or enhancers

Good thing that the title isn’t too catchy for low iq cels

• JFL
Reactions: saiya_online and infini
How long does aerobic exercise increase neurogenesis, also how can you lower oxidative stress?

• +1
Reactions: 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
How long does aerobic exercise increase neurogenesis, also how can you lower oxidative stress?
Lowering oxidative stress is just for to avoid excessive cellular damage to the neurons,
the amount of aerobic exercise differs from study to study but you should aim for a minimum of 30-45 mins of moderate aerobic exercise
Or at least this is my regiment

Focus on nootropics which induces neurogenesis since you actually make extreme changes just by adding them to your protocol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
When My eyes came across those cope shit supplements I knew this thread wasn’t it.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, bloomercel and 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
When My eyes came across those cope shit supplements I knew this thread wasn’t it.
I won’t put their fucking Alzheimer drugs
Also Noopept in 20mg+ is much stronger than Ritalin and addy and both of them I took them before for a long time
Since it plays on the choline pathway too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Deleted member 16371
Essentially nootropics that boost neurogenesis significantly are just brain cells in a bottle

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and thereallegend
Tldr; if you need a Tldr then no neurogenesis is enough for your ape level ass brain
957.png

• JFL
Reactions: wayme, TheMewingBBC, LastHopeForNorman and 7 others
No neurogenesis for my face :feelswhy:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: berlin.1969 and 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
Good thread, neurogenic nootropics are the most encline to long-lasting effects, it'd probably be even more effective on a developing brain (i.e under 25).
I recommend you to try Semax and/or cerebrolysin and don't forget to take Panax Ginseng along (it'll counteract the potential hair loss induced by very high levels of BDNF).

• +1
Reactions: berlin.1969, TheMewingBBC, Deleted member 14392 and 1 other person
Good thread, neurogenic nootropics are the most encline to long-lasting effects, it'd probably be even more effective on a developing brain (i.e under 25).
I recommend you to try Semax and/or cerebrolysin and don't forget to take Panax Ginseng along (it'll counteract the potential hair loss induced by very high levels of BDNF).
Exactly
I tried semax before and WOW it was extremely good, actually my eye sight also improved and I had to lessen my glass prescription degree with the same effort of studying that I usually do(same eye exhaustion)

I couldn’t get Cerebrolysin unfortunately but I will try to find a good vendor soon

I have MPB but you already saw my hair it’s still lower than a Norwood 1 or it didn’t change from 16

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and FrenchChad
Essentially, the limits of inducing neurogenesis is unbelievable
But if you are uninterested from the beginning then why even bother if you don’t actually know how it works

• JFL
Reactions: Gonthar
I'm sure Einstein swallowed 50 different pills.

I take pills and i do some exercises.

• Hmm...
I'm sure Einstein swallowed 50 different pills.
Einstein already had genetic predisposition for increased neurogenesis in his youth, and it wasn’t about that to begin with

When he died Einstein's parietal lobes–the top, back parts of the brain–were actually 15% larger than average

• +1
Reactions: berlin.1969, TheMewingBBC, LastHopeForNorman and 3 others
But if you are uninterested from the beginning then why even bother if you don’t actually know how it works
How smarter are you now, after nootropics?

• +1
How smarter are you now, after nootropics?
Like I mentioned in the post, my memory is much better, and my overall cognitive abilities improved mostly in the form of pattern recognition and active memory recall

Since my time is mostly spent on studying and academically driven

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Gonthar
Einstein already had genetic predisposition for increased neurogenesis in his youth, and it wasn’t about that to begin with

When he died Einstein's parietal lobes–the top, back parts of the brain–were actually 15% larger than average
Yes, genetics.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
Yes, genetics.
Are you trolling?
The whole point of looksmaxxing is to not be limited by your genetics and the cards that was handed to you

• +1
Reactions: bloomercel and TheMewingBBC
Like I mentioned in the post, my memory is much better, and my overall cognitive abilities improved mostly in the form of pattern recognition and active memory recall

Right...But how exactly did you take advantage of this, how much more money did you make, how many more girls did you bang using your new and improved cognitive skills?

• +1
Right...But how exactly did you take advantage of this, how much more money did you make, how many more girls did you bang using your new and improved cognitive skills?
It made my studying more efficient —> med school
—>after it I can just work on MY private sector
—>
Great Success Win GIF
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Cope. Blackpill is pure.
Keyword here: Looksmaxxing

goo thread until i read those cope reddit tier nootropics

I won’t put their fucking Alzheimer drugs
Also Noopept in 20mg+ is much stronger than Ritalin and addy and both of them I took them before for a long time
Since it plays on the choline pathway too
It’s the most accessible so I recommended it
Also for the benefit/price of Noopept it’s unmatched and is stronger than actual adhd stims like addy and Ritalin

good thread. do you know any other threads or guides on this topic?

• +1
good thread. do you know any other threads or guides on this topic?
You should follow Leo and longevity on this matter,
My knowledge here is basically just scraping the barrel and making as much as possible of the studies that I could get my hand on

Since the scientific field doesn’t give a shit about neurogenesis because aging is seen as a natural process (your average coping doc) or neuro degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s are rare and is mostly seen in older individuals where it doesn’t really matter

Also inducing neurogenesis takes a really long time to be actually noticeable on your cognitive abilities other than the anatomical effect of it.

Simply a protocol of
Noopept + Semax + lions mane +(possibly) cerebrolysin

should be your goal
inducing neurogenesis for a long period of time(months+) actually makes you “smarter”

Other than the other benefits of the stack
Like Noopept for example in which it’s way stronger than stims and is far better benefit/price

Some retards said it was cope not knowing it’s actually(Noopept - cerbro - semax) are actually prescription drugs in Russia and other post Soviet countries

Last edited:
Semax, Cerebrolysin and Noopept have been originally created to repair brains of patients who suffered severe brain concussions and there is dozens of studies who shows their efficiciency.

Bacopa monnieri and Gotu Kola have been shown to induces dendrites and axon growth.

The results showed improvement in spatial learning performance and enhanced memory retention in rats treated with BM extract. There was a significant increase in the dendritic intersections and dendritic branching points along the length of both apical and basal dendrites in rats treated with BM extract for four and six weeks.

Honorable mention : NSI-189 have been shown to increase hippocampal volume by 20% and is one of the few nootropics that are very likely to induce long-term effects.
NSI-189 is a new chemical entity that when orally administered promotes neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus, increases hippocampal volume, enhances synaptic plasticity, and reduces cognitive dysfunction.

I agree that some nootropics are cope but neurogenic nootorpics aren't for the most part, NGF and BDNF are like HGH for the brain, the only difference is that there is no growth plate closure in the brain

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, berlin.1969, Deleted member 14392 and 4 others
Semax, Cerebrolysin and Noopept have been originally created to repair brains of patients who suffered severe brain concussions and there is dozens of studies who shows their efficiciency.

Bacopa monnieri and Gotu Kola have been shown to induces dendrites and axon growth.

Honorable mention : NSI-189 have been shown to increase hippocampal volume by 20% and is one of the few nootropics that are very likely to induce long-term effects.

I agree that some nootropics are cope but neurogenic nootorpics aren't for the most part, NGF and BDNF are like HGH for the brain, the only difference is that there is no growth plate closure in the brain
Would that include severe post-head trauma? I want to believe this but have had nootropics fail harder than SSRIs like Sertraline. Fuck them and any other antidepressant.

• +1
Would that include severe post-head trauma? I want to believe this but have had nootropics fail harder than SSRIs like Sertraline. Fuck them and any other antidepressant.
Yes, Cerebrolysin/Semax allows to at least partially recover from severe brain injuries, they have been designed in that goal and a lot of people used them with that very goal in mind (you can find a bunch of reviews of people who recovered from brain concussions with the usage of cerebrolysin for example).

• +1
Reactions: infini and 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫
Can you tell me everything you take? Im curious
I myself am taking Noopept and lions lane plus other nootropics for less than two years now and I can definitely say that my cognition has been permanently enhanced even after I took a break from everything for two months a few weeks ago
Enhanced by how much in percent?

• +1

Exactly bruv
Like I said before
These drugs have unlimited potential
As opposed to stims(like addy) for example In which it’s actually NEUROTOXIC and people still take them without introducing a neurogenesis based protocol With it too

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator and FrenchChad
Can you tell me everything you take? Im curious

Enhanced by how much in percent?
I’m going to list from the “heaviest” to the most accessible and safest:

1-Ritalin, 20mg(10mg in the morning and the other 10 in the evening time as in 5-6pm)
And I don’t take it on Fridays and saturdays

2-Noopept, 40mg, I just make it into an energy drink “shake😅” and drink it through out the day

3-semax (although I finished it last week so I’m waiting for it in the mean time)

4-Hyperzine A, my doses are in the light somewhat In the ranges of 100-200mcg since I bought the powder form

Warning: don’t ever take too much of it as in 6x the dose or be ready for a torturous experience in the bathroom😅

5-L theanine, low doses as well since it makes me too relaxed sometimes but it’s the best combo with stims and Noopept

6- other stuff which I don’t see the point adding here for various reasons
But your diet and exercise routine should be in check

As for my experience I already stated it in the comments

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354, FrenchChad and thereallegend
I’m going to list from the “heaviest” to the most accessible and safest:

1-Ritalin, 20mg(10mg in the morning and the other 10 in the evening time as in 5-6pm)
And I don’t take it on Fridays and saturdays

2-Noopept, 40mg, I just make it into an energy drink “shake😅” and drink it through out the day

3-semax (although I finished it last week so I’m waiting for it in the mean time)

4-Hyperzine A, my doses are in the light somewhat In the ranges of 100-200mcg since I bought the powder form

Warning: don’t ever take too much of it as in 6x the dose or be ready for a torturous experience in the bathroom😅

5-L theanine, low doses as well since it makes me too relaxed sometimes but it’s the best combo with stims and Noopept

6- other stuff which I don’t see the point adding here for various reasons
But your diet and exercise routine should be in check

As for my experience I already stated it in the comments
Also an important note to add that YOU MUST take choline with Noopept if you don’t want to crash

Noopept uses your choline storage and depletes it
It’s actually a good thing if you know how to supplement with choline

Essentially you need choline while taking Noopept to keep the same high cognitive functioning made by the high metabolism of choline and without it you would crash in a few hours and you would just feel tired or unfocused

I take Alpha GPC 600mg and 1200mg choline bitrate separated through out the day
Diet wise I eat from 5-7 eggs daily
@FrenchChad @thereallegend

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and FrenchChad
Also an important note to add that YOU MUST take choline with Noopept if you don’t want to crash

Essentially you need choline while taking Noopept to keep the same high cognitive functioning made by the high metabolism of choline and without it you would crash in a few hours and you would just feel tired or unfocused

Good to know, also you should try coluracetam, from what i've read it can potentially permanently hange the cholinergic pathway in a very positive way
Did you experienced issues with your short-term memory ? This is a known side-effect of noopept uses which doesn't seem related to his bdnfergic properties.

• Love it
Good to know, also you should try coluracetam, from what i've read it can potentially permanently hange the cholinergic pathway in a very positive way
Did you experienced issues with your short-term memory ? This is a known side-effect of noopept uses which doesn't seem related to his bdnfergic properties.
No quite the opposite my memory was much better when I ran Noopept + choline only
Simply the increased efficiency of my studying with the same period
is 100x stronger of a factor than a decline of short term memory due to noopept

Not that I had a decline in short term memory from it
If you got that idea from Reddit
like this guy

Then no I never had a short term memory decline before and after Noopept only
And it only got better
Like I stated here

Also thanks bruv for the advice
I should focus more on the racetams
But the peptide family of racetams mostly require a much higher doses
Which is a bit annoying tbh m(g)/price wise

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad
I asked ChatGPT to create a TLDR for your BS post:

Neurogenesis is the process of generating and repairing neurons in adults. It plays a role in learning new skills, languages, and storing information. As people age, the rate of neurogenesis decreases, leading to a decline in cognitive abilities and an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease. The author suggests that by increasing BDNF and NGF through supplements such as Noopept, Lion's Mane, and Semax, as well as engaging in aerobic exercises and avoiding oxidative stress, one can induce neurogenesis and improve cognitive abilities permanently.

I asked it if the BS you wrote is true and it said:

Research has shown that adult neurogenesis, the process of generating new neurons in the adult brain, does occur in certain regions of the brain such as the hippocampus, which plays a role in memory and spatial navigation. The extent to which this process contributes to cognitive function and the effects of aging on neurogenesis are still under investigation and are not fully understood. Studies have suggested that cognitive function and memory in older adults may be related to their rate of neurogenesis, but more research is needed to confirm this.

The use of nootropics such as Noopept, Lion's Mane, and Semax to increase BDNF and NGF levels, as well as improve cognitive abilities, is still being studied. While they may have potential benefits, more research is needed to understand their long-term effects and safety.

I'm still wary of taking nootropics what are the downsides

Research has shown that adult neurogenesis, the process of generating new neurons in the adult brain, does occur in certain regions of the brain such as the hippocampus, which plays a role in memory and spatial navigation. The extent to which this process contributes to cognitive function and the effects of aging on neurogenesis are still under investigation and are not fully understood. Studies have suggested that cognitive function and memory in older adults may be related to their rate of neurogenesis, but more research is needed to confirm this.

The use of nootropics such as Noopept, Lion's Mane, and Semax to increase BDNF and NGF levels, as well as improve cognitive abilities, is still being studied. While they may have potential benefits, more research is needed to understand their long-term effects and safety.
CHATGPT literally just surfs the web for data it's no different than doing a research paper and collecting research from many different people instead of just one.

• +1
CHATGPT literally just surfs the web for data it's no different than doing a research paper and collecting research from many different people instead of just one.

Which is a sound method to discover truth.

• +1

Literally all that I said is factual and true and ChatGPT said the same😅
Why are you calling it BS when I’m trying to explain a complex matter in an informed way
And show you how it can be improved ?

I'm still wary of taking nootropics what are the downsides
There are many, it depends on what the compound is and how you should use it
Like I said here with Noopept

That’s why you should understand the mechanism of action of every compound you are going to take nootropic wise

If you want a tldr like @reborn then just call it quit

Don’t take shit without knowing how to manage it
It’s like someone taking gear and getting gyno so steroids = bad
Because he didn’t know how to use it

Last edited:
Literally all that I said is factual and true and ChatGPT said the same😅
Why are you calling it BS when I’m trying to explain a complex matter in an informed way
And show you how it can be improved ?

Because Idgaf

Because Idgaf
You’re the 40yr old guy right?
So what the fuck happened with all the “self help”?

You’re the 40yr old guy right?
So what the fuck happened with all the “self help”?

You think this neuro stuff really matters that much? I mean you keep most of your mental capacities until you are 60 at which point it's over anyway.

You think this neuro stuff really matters that much? I mean you keep most of your mental capacities until you are 60 at which point it's over anyway.
I’m trying to induce neurogenesis to generate MORE neurons not just stay content
At 60 you are literally forced to stop working because of how far you/and everybody else has degraded both mentally and physically

It’s like an old guy telling you his 200ng test levels are fine because it’s in the normal range
Are you trolling?
The whole point of looksmaxxing is to not be limited by your genetics and the cards that was handed to you

To explain what Neurogenisis you only have to know adult neurogenesis and I won’t go into great details on how it’s preformed from an anatomical standpoint, I’m just trying here to convey a simple idea on what it is and how it effect you and how you can actually enhance your cognitive abilities and even permanently.

Adult neurogenesis: is the process in which neurons are generated from neural stem cells in adults.

Ie: neurogenesis is simply generating and repairing neurons

How does this effect me?

simply put the process learning a new skill, language, or simply just studying or changing your “neurological architect” requires neurogenesis to adopt and to store new information.

Aging coper: Yeah but how will this affect me?
Since everyone knows when we were kids we memorized and learned things way faster than we do today

This is because of neurogenesis, as you grow older the rate of neurogenesis decreases gradually till the point where your cognitive abilities DECLINE

This is why you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.

You can actually notice this with older individuals like your parents

•one their cognitive abilities decline as they actually get older

•Their personalities and way of thinking may change drastically with To

This is because they are losing more neurons simply because of aging than their body’s ability to compensate with new neurons via neurogenesis

*This is why Alzheimer’s comes into place, once they reach a level of neurogenesis where the rate of neurons actually decreases their cognitive abilities and memory decreases with it too

20yr old coper: Yeah whatever dude.. I’m not 60…

If it didn’t effect you I wouldn’t have explained all of this, the decrease in neurogenesis actually begins to be noticeable on your learning capabilities from middle school and onwards,
Yes you’re still generating new neurons in your twenties and thirties but it’s far less than when you were 5.

So how can I induce neurogenesis?
Firstly you must understand that the leading factors of neurogenesis that you can improve are
•BDNF(Brain-derived neurotrophic factor)
•NGF(Nerve Growth Factor)

Both can be increased by the following

1-Noopept: also known as Omberacetam is a nootropic substance of the peptide class. Omberacetam is promoted and prescribed in Russia and neighbouring countries as a nootropic with neuroprotective properties.

2-Lions mane: Lion's mane may reduce inflammation and biological markers of Alzheimer's (i.e., amyloid plaques), improve cognition, and increase the release of nerve growth factor

3-Semax: Medical uses for Semax include treatment of stroke, transient ischemic attack, memory and cognitive disorders, peptic ulcers and optic nerve disease.

4-Aerobic exercises causes a significant increase in neurogenisis

*avoiding oxidative stress as much as possible so to not cause cellular damage to your neurons.

*there are other nootropics but those are the most effective

By inducing neurogenesis it’s effects can be long lasting and actually improve your cognitive functioning PERMANENTLY and continues to do so when inducing neurogenesis

Tldr; if you need a Tldr then no neurogenesis is enough for your ape level ass brain, but to put it simply: neurogenesis inducing supplements are just Brain cells in a bottle

Tagging the Warriors of human evolution(move this shit to BOTB):
@Alexanderr @TRUE_CEL @Gargantuan @tyronelite @Kingkellz
might try this instead of Ritalin. Will this help ADHDcels...

Also another big question with these drugs do they effect sleep. I have seen a lot of noortropics are bad in the long term and cause sleep issues and mask exhaustion. This only helps for so long

• +1