Not progressing with push-ups anymore

dehydrated

dehydrated

jewish convert
Recently I’ve been doing push-ups and can do 20 in a row now but I’m not progressing anymore for some reason even though I do 4 sets of push-ups near failure. I am eating low calories but not insanely low, right now I am trying to body recomp as I am a skinny fat subhuman right now. Is it even possible to body recomp with calisthenics or do I have to go to a gym? I have night school so I can’t go unfortunately

• JFL
Reactions: Jeww
Recently I’ve been doing push-ups and can do 20 in a row now but I’m not progressing anymore for some reason even though I do 4 sets of push-ups near failure. I am eating low calories but not insanely low, right now I am trying to body recomp as I am a skinny fat subhuman right now. Is it even possible to body recomp with calisthenics or do I have to go to a gym? I have night school so I can’t go unfortunately
how old are u?

18 and still doesn't bench.

Are you in living in 1974 or 2024 my wigga?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jeww, dehydrated and Deleted member 62070
Change variation of pushups good youtube videos showing them. Also make sure to pause at the bottom before going back up. Makes it harder

• +1
Reactions: dehydrated
Stop doing push-up now that you're at 20 reps all you're improving is muscular endurance you'll see no strength or muscle progress. Time to start doing dips

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid, dehydrated and Lev Peshkov
get a backpack and put weights in it

aim for around reps

when you exceed add more weight

progressive overload is the key

• +1
Reactions: GunDevilHybrid and dehydrated