Official Finasteridecels Support Group: Session 1

D

Deleted member 1862

Current Finasteride users: give us all an update on your situation & experiences: shedding, sides, improvements, anything.

I'll start:

Days since starting Finasteride: 90

GOOD: Since a week ago the amount of hairs I lose per day has dropped to about 60% of what is was, some days 50%. I still have 0 sides.

BAD: I'm diffuse thinning, not norwooding. Density on my scalp hasn't improved yet. The density in the middle of my hairline (where parting intersects) is comical.

I'm PRAYING that I don't have to switch to dut. Current regimen is just fin 1mg daily & nizoral whenever I can be fucked to use it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933 and Deleted member 1464
Question: When should you start taking Finasteride?

My hairline is currently NW1 intact but some days I shed more than others, even tho the hairline is the same as when I was a kid, should people only start taking it once they notice visible differences or is it too late to recover what they already lost then?

@Goblin @SirGey gtfih
Question: When should you start taking Finasteride?

My hairline is currently NW1 intact but some days I shed more than others, even tho the hairline is the same as when I was a kid, should people only start taking it once they notice visible differences or is it too late to recover what they already lost then?
Tough question. Common advice is that you'll only notice your hairloss once 30% of it is gone. Your best predictor would be your uncles & father. How's their hair?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
I'm gonna go to a dermatologist soon and get checked for balding, if it turns out I am I'll be one of the forums first 17 year olds to go on Finasteride and Minoxidil

• +1
Reactions: n33tf1f
I'm gonna go to a dermatologist soon and get checked for balding, if it turns out I am I'll be one of the forums first 17 year olds to go on Finasteride and Minoxidil
17 might be a little young bro, I'm pretty sure DHT plays a role in development. Ignore me if you're already decent height + good frame.

I wouldn't touch minox unless I had to ngl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464
I will be posting a 9 month update shortly.
I have been on it since march.

I stopped losing hair immediately. I naturally have really dense hair so my hair count lost per day is quite high, but much much lower than it was before.

I have had no sides, other than blue balls. When I dont bust for 1-2 days, simply getting a slight erection when looking at a thot IRL can give my blue balls.

I am thinking I will lower the dose... There are anecdotal reports saying it lowers sides (even tho DHT inhibition is only lowered by 5% or so.......)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
I will be posting a 9 month update shortly.
I have been on it since march.

I stopped losing hair immediately. I naturally have really dense hair so my hair count lost per day is quite high, but much much lower than it was before.
Happy to hear that bro, keep going. Couple of questiosn:

1. How many hairs a day? Does your pillow have a lot of hairs on it?
2. Whats your current dosage?

How old are you? What nw are you? Do you think it'd be safe to use fin as a 19 year old? I'm considering it and I'll probably start with something like 0.25mg as I'm high inhib, maybe combined with nizoral,minox, dermarolling,coconut+castor oil it will help me go from nw2 to nw1
What do you mean by diffuse thinning? When you first start using fin you lose more hair?
Have you considered taking minox too?

I'm kinda scared from side effects but what is way way more scaring to me is being bald at 21-22. Can't imagine being bald. Whatever it takes to keep the hair.

Happy to hear that bro, keep going. Couple of questiosn:

1. How many hairs a day? Does your pillow have a lot of hairs on it?
2. Whats your current dosage?
I never notice hairs on my pillow.
I lose probably 20 or so hairs in the shower.
I am running my fingers through my hair rn and have 0 coming out.

I am on 1mg daily rn

I will also be adding oral castor oil, 1-2ml daily in the actual oil form.

Perhaps derminator 2 next year when I am back home.

• Woah
How old are you? What nw are you? Do you think it'd be safe to use fin as a 19 year old? I'm considering it and I'll probably start with something like 0.25mg as I'm high inhib, maybe combined with nizoral,minox, dermarolling,coconut+castor oil it will help me go from nw2 to nw1
What do you mean by diffuse thinning? When you first start using fin you lose more hair?
Have you considered taking minox too?

I'm kinda scared from side effects but what is way way more scaring to me is being bald at 21-22. Can't imagine being bald. Whatever it takes to keep the hair.
21. NW1 as I've always been. Diffuse thinning is when your hairline doesn't recede but you lose density solely on your scalp. I wouldn't recommend minox. Fin is fine. Wait a year or two.
I never notice hairs on my pillow.
I lose probably 20 or so hairs in the shower.
I am running my fingers through my hair rn and have 0 coming out.

I am on 1mg daily rn

I will also be adding oral castor oil, 1-2ml daily in the actual oil form.

Perhaps derminator 2 next year when I am back home.
fuuuuck your results mog mine. Do you take generic or propecia?

Generic from alldaychem.

Here is a pic I just took now of hairline regrowth:
Screenshot 20191127 095510

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1774, Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 1862
@Goblin @SirGey gtfih

Tough question. Common advice is that you'll only notice your hairloss once 30% of it is gone. Your best predictor would be your uncles & father. How's their hair?
My dad has a slightly noticeable receding hairline. It's no near bald or anything like that, but I'd say NW2.

I've seen a dermatologist recently because I had a few days where I shedded more hair than usual and he said my hair density was fine and that I didn't show any signs of hairloss.

17 might be a little young bro, I'm pretty sure DHT plays a role in development. Ignore me if you're already decent height + good frame.

I wouldn't touch minox unless I had to ngl
It’s not like I'm gonna change that much at 17 already lol

It’s not like I'm gonna change that much at 17 already lol
never know bro, all I'm saying is play it safe if you can afford to

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
My dad has a slightly noticeable receding hairline. It's no near bald or anything like that, but I'd say NW2.

I've seen a dermatologist recently because I had a few days where I shedded more hair than usual and he said my hair density was fine and that I didn't show any signs of hairloss.
you sound pretty lucky genetics wise. might've just been a shedding phase. they're real.

• +1
Reactions: loromate
21. NW1 as I've always been. Diffuse thinning is when your hairline doesn't recede but you lose density solely on your scalp. I wouldn't recommend minox. Fin is fine. Wait a year or two.

Why wouldn't u recommend minox? Because of the collagen suppression? And if i have to wait 1-2 more years i will go nw3 and its gonna be irreversible. I need to start taking action now. Even my roammate today randomly told me it looks like I'm balding at the back of the head :(

Don't go on fin at 17 you big nosed retard.
Can the mods delete this comment for being a comment of attacking in the looksmax section? This 25 year old FAILURE AT LIFE @elfmaxx has been responding alot to my comments lately

@jefferson @Lorsss @Dude420 @CopeAndRope

you sound pretty lucky genetics wise. might've just been a shedding phase. they're real.
Thanks for the info man, I'll keep checking the hairline once in a while, good luck on your hairmaxxing

• +1
Why wouldn't u recommend minox? Because of the collagen suppression? And if i have to wait 1-2 more years i will go nw3 and its gonna be irreversible. I need to start taking action now. Even my roammate today randomly told me it looks like I'm balding at the back of the head :(
fuck okay yeah maybe start now lmao, & yeah because minox fucks collagen which is arguably more important. WORST WORST case you fraud with a hair system, there's not hair system for collagen lol.
Thanks for the info man, I'll keep checking the hairline once in a while, good luck on your hairmaxxing
appreciate it bro, gl to you too

I have this too but I'm retarded & idk if its regrowth or slow loss smfh
I have had a few hairs grow 0.5-1cm past my hairline, so they are good markers to see how my hairline has progressed.
The hair that grew 0.5cm in front my hairline at the very middle is now almost a part of my actual hairline.

0 sides, 3 months

• +1
Reactions: bobadopa
I've been on finasteride for 2 months at Norwood 2. Hairloss is stabilized but I lost all my stubble....:feelswah:

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Deleted member 1862
I've been on it for 6 months, no sides, finasteride has been on the market for more than 30 years , if it ACTUALLY caused problems for people it wouldn't be sold in the main stream cucked countries

0 sides, 3 months
I've been on finasteride for 2 months at Norwood 2. Hairloss is stabilized but I lost all my stubble....:feelswah:
I've been on it for 6 months, no sides, finasteride has been on the market for more than 30 years , if it ACTUALLY caused problems for people it wouldn't be sold in the main stream cucked countries
Congrats guys. What about results though? What've you noticed @SirGey @Ekeoma_The_BBC
Hairloss is stabilized but I lost all my stubble
looksmaxxing gods were saving you from a Soy grave

fuck okay yeah maybe start now lmao, & yeah because minox fucks collagen which is arguably more important. WORST WORST case you fraud with a hair system, there's not hair system for collagen lol.

appreciate it bro, gl to you too
But if i use retin a, dermarolling, supplements, healthy Lifestyle etc it can maybe counteract the collagen suppression. Today someone made a high iq thread about minox's effect on collagen and said people overreact about it and it's effect is not that bad

Congrats guys. What about results though? What've you noticed @SirGey @Ekeoma_The_BBC
Small Hairline regrowth and thickening I am like norwood 2-2.5 with good density now, what keeps my from having a good head of hair are those shit temples :feelswah:, my hair shedding as well decreased.

• +1
But if i use retin a, dermarolling, supplements, healthy Lifestyle etc it can maybe counteract the collagen suppression. Today someone made a high iq thread about minox's effect on collagen and said people overreact about it and it's effect is not that bad
Maybe bro, I haven't read the thread so idk

Small Hairline regrowth and thickening I am like norwood 2-2.5 with good density now, what keeps my from having a good head of hair are those shit temples :feelswah:, my hair shedding as well decreased.
Nice man, results are still results. btw when'd you first start noticing less shedding etc? everyone's results seem to be way better than mine tbh ngl kms

I will if I'm actually balding also keep crying for me you little faggot
Use minoxidil, stemoxydine and topical anti-androgens to keep your follicles on life support until you finish puberty otherwise you'll be a little twink forever.

• +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended
Maybe bro, I haven't read the thread so idk

Nice man, results are still results. btw when'd you first start noticing less shedding etc? everyone's results seem to be way better than mine tbh ngl kms
like 1 month in, yeah most you can expect from anti andrgens is maintenance+improved overall density, if you are lucky you might get a slight hairline regrwoth, it pisses me off I will probably need a ht for a perfectly straight hairline

• +1
like 1 month in, yeah most you can expect from anti andrgens is maintenance+improved overall density, if you are lucky you might get a slight hairline regrwoth, it pisses me off I will probably need a ht for a perfectly straight hairline
I'm probably gonna get one too. Diffuse thinning is a bitch to address with a HT though. Think I'll just shoot for improve density at the hairline.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Ekeoma_The_BBC
Use minoxidil, stemoxydine and topical anti-androgens to keep your follicles on life support until you finish puberty otherwise you'll be a little twink forever.
Like I said to the previous guy what more physical maturing am I gonna get at 17?! It's not like I'm still deep in puberty

Like I said to the previous guy what more physical maturing am I gonna get at 17?! It's not like I'm still deep in puberty
dicklet

I'm considering it and I'll probably start with something like 0.25mg as I'm high inhib, maybe combined with nizoral,minox, dermarolling,coconut+castor oil it will help me go from nw2 to nw1
dude, all these things you listed will do nothing to regrow your hair, because your hair follicles (root of hair) are already dead. The only way to regain hair is a hairtransplant. Fin, Minox, nizoral (cope imo) can only stop further hairloss, not "regrow" hair that is already gone

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LordNorwood, I'mme and gymislife
Why don't you think I should take fin?
Your 17. At that age dht is still responsible for making the face masculine, growing your frame and increasing the size of your dick.

Your 17. At that age dht is still responsible for making the face masculine, growing your frame and increasing the size of your dick.
Well I'm going to a doctor soon anyways to check if I'm balding anyways. Told my mom and stepdad already and they're fine with wanting to check it

Anyone else on Fin?

It has been 8 months. So far, my experience has been good. No sides, slight thickening but no noticeable regrowth. But hairloss and miniaturisation (which is what mpb actually is) completely stopped. I also took spironolactone for some time, but that didn't do anything for regrowth either other than making me loose some muscles. I dropped it.

Like you I'm nw0 and diffuse thinning all over but mostly upper part of scalp.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Deleted member 685
Before:
IMG 20170626 141027

After a year:
IMG 20190329 163700

But I'm losing a lot of ground now for some reason.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 7 rings and Deleted member 685
Start taking dut twice a week
It's aggressive, almost like I'm not using fin anymore. It's odd. Yeah got some, shit is like 3 times the price of fin.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme
I've been on it for a little over a month now (just got my first refill two days ago). About two weeks ago shedding started. I've been using Nizoral since like two months ago and the timeline is like this
Prior to 2 months ago: Had been at a steady NW 2 or 2.5 for like 2 years, didn't really care too much about it, one day noticed that density in my mid scalp was being lost and got concerned
2 months ago: Jump in the shower and experience my first shower shed, freak out, buy Nizoral and get the ball rolling to purchase fin. After getting on both fin and niz shedding vanishes again. Tbh I think it vanished after getting on niz alone.
2 weeks ago: Shedding starts up again big time. Losing hair everywhere but a lot from my sides and back. Tons in the shower and I constantly find small hairs on my desk. My guess is 100-200 a day total.
The hairs do seem miniaturized so I'm hopeful. If I look in the mirror I can see small black hairs growing in on my temples and short hairs growing in on my hairline. Fin sheds are supposed to be a sign that the drug is working however part of me is afraid that I'm one of the few who gets a telogen effluvium reaction from fin and that its only worsening my hair loss.
I can rock a fringe fraud cut but if I pull my hair back search for my part line I can see a miniaturized pattern of hair connecting my temples to each other from behind my island. Basically I'm going to look like this soon if I don't do anything about it:
Judelaw

• So Sad