Official Finasteridecels Support Group: Session 1

21. NW1 as I've always been. Diffuse thinning is when your hairline doesn't recede but you lose density solely on your scalp. I wouldn't recommend minox. Fin is fine. Wait a year or two.

fuuuuck your results mog mine. Do you take generic or propecia?
why is minoxidil a last resort? isn't fin more dangerous?

It has been 8 months. So far, my experience has been good. No sides, slight thickening but no noticeable regrowth. But hairloss and miniaturisation (which is what mpb actually is) completely stopped. I also took spironolactone for some time, but that didn't do anything for regrowth either other than making me loose some muscles. I dropped it.

Like you I'm nw0 and diffuse thinning all over but mostly upper part of scalp.
When did you notice less shedding? A lot of people in this thread are saying they noticed reduced shedding straight away, which I definitely didn't. Kind of worrying tbh, fuck this gay earth
But I'm losing a lot of ground now for some reason.
suifuel
Fin sheds are supposed to be a sign that the drug is working however part of me is afraid that I'm one of the few who gets a telogen effluvium reaction from fin and that its only worsening my hair loss.
yeah I'm starting to worry about this now too jfl, I've had 0 sides so rather than that maybe I just don't respond to it? How the fuck am I this unlucky tbh aren't 99% of people responders to this shit?

@SquareChinOrDeath get your fat fucking chin in here and help me

Last edited:
When did you notice less shedding? A lot of people in this thread are saying they noticed reduced shedding straight away, which I definitely didn't. Kind of worrying tbh, fuck this gay earth

suifuel

yeah I'm starting to worry about this now too jfl, I've had 0 sides so rather than that maybe I just don't respond to it? How the fuck am I this unlucky tbh aren't 99% of people responders to this shit?

@SquareChinOrDeath get your fat fucking chin in here and help me
I also have had zero sides except for a swollen lymph node in my chest for about a week after starting. Other than that, nothing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
When did you notice less shedding? A lot of people in this thread are saying they noticed reduced shedding straight away, which I definitely
About 5-6 months - both shedding and miniaturisation stopped suddenly - almost like a shock, but I think after 3-4 weeks of shedding, it was reducing gradually.
Before:
View attachment 174986

After a year:
View attachment 174988

But I'm losing a lot of ground now for some reason.
Some cyclical shed are normal - go through it as it will give you better hair everytime.

I think rhe cycle is 6months or 9 months.

• +1
About 5-6 months - both shedding and miniaturisation stopped suddenly - almost like a shock, but I think after 3-4 weeks of shedding, it was reducing gradually.
Massive hope for me tbh, my shedding's gone down but not completely stopped.

How often do you use nizoral?

@LordNorwood, same question for you. I'm pretty inconsistent.

I'm Nw1.5 and 23. I think it's a good time to start now

• +1
why is minoxidil a last resort? isn't fin more dangerous?
no bro lol, just take a look at this thread. finasteride sides are overblown as fuck. minox rapes your collagen & collagen is the most important resource we have other than hair
I'm Nw1.5 and 23. I think it's a good time to start now
Justbeconfidentsrs

Justshaveyourheadsrs

I don't - I don't believe it should be part of big3. It's a pretty weak shit that does zilch besides fucking up slcap skin and making hair ultra dry.

Minox doesn't do much negative to my skin fortunately. I like oral minoxidil more than topical but it gives me body hair.

I use Nizoral once every 2-3 days but I'm starting to think I should cut back. It nuked my dandruff initially but now my dandruff is back but it feels different - instead of large, soft flakes I have tiny, hard flakes. I wonder if its due to dry scalp instead of scalp inflammation/fungus. I still have oily temples and my hair still gets oily after a couple days with no shower but I think it might be possible that fin has significantly cut down my scalp's oil production resulting in being more vulnerable to Nizoral's scalp-drying effects.
Edit: Could be placebo but I swear my temples are less oily than they used to be pre-fin.

I don't - I don't believe it should be part of big3. It's a pretty weak shit that does zilch besides fucking up slcap skin and making hair ultra dry.

Minox doesn't do much negative to my skin fortunately. I like oral minoxidil more than topical but it gives me body hair.
Yeah niz really fucks with my hair too tbh. Do you take supps for hair health in general? I feel like I'm over counting my hair loss bc I have long ish hair which tends to be brittle & break easily.

• +1
my shedding's gone down but not completely stopped.

not only is it normal to shed, but imo it's a poor way to precisely evaluate what is going on. I remember a study that was posted on lookism where they counted hairs shed after a standardized brushing routine in men with no hair loss. Some guys shed only 1-2, while others got up to 60-70, and the median was 10-12. A test that has such a broad range of results is not very convincing.

• +1
Yeah niz really fucks with my hair too tbh. Do you take supps for hair health in general? I feel like I'm over counting my hair loss bc I have long ish hair which tends to be brittle & break easily.
I use MSM and it's amazing for its benefits to hair and skin. Rn, I'm out of stock tho.

(Off topic: It may diminish the negative effects of minox)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Mr manlet
I use MSM and it's amazing for its benefits to hair and skin. Rn, I'm out of stock tho.

(Off topic: It may diminish the negative effects of minox)
Will look into it. Any particular type: brand I should look out for?
not only is it normal to shed, but imo it's a poor way to precisely evaluate what is going on. I remember a study that was posted on lookism where they counted hairs shed after a standardized brushing routine in men with no hair loss. Some guys shed only 1-2, while others got up to 60-70, and the median was 10-12. A test that has such a broad range of results is not very convincing.
Yeah that’s definitely worth remembering. Some people do just shed more.

How about monitoring for the size of the bulb at the end of the hairs? Surely the size would be an indicator

Will look into it. Any particular type: brand I should look out for?

Yeah that’s definitely worth remembering. Some people do just shed more.

How about monitoring for the size of the bulb at the end of the hairs? Surely the size would be an indicator
Some people prefer powder form but I just can't take that shit. Doctor's best or Now foods etc for caps

Like I said to the previous guy what more physical maturing am I gonna get at 17?! It's not like I'm still deep in puberty
Hey brainlet I was 19 on finasteride jfl thank god I hopped off. It’s been like a month since I stopped taking it and my dick is getting bigger and I’m growing a beard. Don’t touch fin until 25

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and Deleted member 685
Hey brainlet I was 19 on finasteride jfl thank god I hopped off. It’s been like a month since I stopped taking it and my dick is getting bigger and I’m growing a beard. Don’t touch fin until 25
If you’re not trolling you have 1/x IQ
where x = @SirGey’s IQ

• +1
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 685
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 685
18 mpnths on finasteride, I don't want to.use minox...temples aren't growing but I stopped losing hair

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-175828_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-175828_WhatsApp.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 14
  • +1
There's a big chance I'll have major receding at that time already dude. And did you even try to lower the dose at first? Every drug has its side effects
18 mpnths on finasteride, I don't want to.use minox...temples aren't growing but I stopped losing hair
Any side effects?

Last edited:
I used fin for about 16 months. it halted my hair loss pretty well and causes a negligible amount of regrowth. I am now on day 90 of dutasteride.I am experiencing both shedding or just plain balding, as well as regrowth at the temples.

If I don't see dramatic results in a few months I think I'm gonna stop taking it altogether and just look into getting a hair system... even my own hair at its best didn't look that great, if a hair system is not too much hassle, the instant result + much better than average hair are well worth it. you descend HARD once you're past NW 1.5. Your hairline is such an important part of your face, your harmony depends on it. No matter how hard you try to looksmax if you're balding it's like putting a beautiful painting in a busted open frame... every woman just looks at the frame and is like wtf is that shit.

Hair density is also really important and while I'm not too bad in that respect aside from the norwood zone of death, it could always be better. Look at basically everyone with "great hair", it's spiked at the front showing their good hairline and densely packed follicles. If you need fin or dut you're probably never gonna have that from the drugs. I take dut hoping to get a great result I can augment with a hair transplant buuuuut for now I am leaning towards hair systems. I have to look into their flaws more, there's gotta be a reason not every balding guy has one.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 1862
I used fin for about 16 months. it halted my hair loss pretty well and causes a negligible amount of regrowth. I am now on day 90 of dutasteride.I am experiencing both shedding or just plain balding, as well as regrowth at the temples.

If I don't see dramatic results in a few months I think I'm gonna stop taking it altogether and just look into getting a hair system... even my own hair at its best didn't look that great, if a hair system is not too much hassle, the instant result + much better than average hair are well worth it. you descend HARD once you're past NW 1.5. Your hairline is such an important part of your face, your harmony depends on it. No matter how hard you try to looksmax if you're balding it's like putting a beautiful painting in a busted open frame... every woman just looks at the frame and is like wtf is that shit.

Hair density is also really important and while I'm not too bad in that respect aside from the norwood zone of death, it could always be better. Look at basically everyone with "great hair", it's spiked at the front showing their good hairline and densely packed follicles. If you need fin or dut you're probably never gonna have that from the drugs. I take dut hoping to get a great result I can augment with a hair transplant buuuuut for now I am leaning towards hair systems. I have to look into their flaws more, there's gotta be a reason not every balding guy has one.
Hey. Please take the pain to inform us about your experience if you go down the hair system way.

Once hair systems are advanced enough, I will opt for them and will SARMs and Roidsmaxx.

• +1
Reactions: Superking