Chad in good camera theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8064
Too bad my race isn’t the result of lens distortion

You should look exactly the same
No one has their face that close to the camera when taking a selfie

• +1
Reactions: no-mogger-no-cry
For a long time I was wondering why I looked so much better in the mirror than in selfies. I already that when I took pictures from back camera that I was because I wasn't used to seeing my face flipped. But, I soon also realized that I look equally bad in selfies with the front camera. How could this be? How can I take a good picture?

First, I had to see if I was just seeing things when seeing how weird I looked in selfies. I studied pictures and learned the importance of ratios. I will outline five important ratios that are affected by lens distortion:

FWHR - Face width to height ratio: Calculated by dividing the width of the widest part of your face (bizygos) by the height of the midface (middle of eyebrows to the top of the upper lip) (ideal range is 1.75-2.05)
View attachment 664340
Midface ratio: Calculated by distance of the pupils divided by the distance from the middle of the distance between pupils down to the top of the upper lip. ("ideal" range is 0.95-1.15) (0.95-0.99 aren't ideal but they are still ok and are important for understanding the effects lens distortion)
View attachment 664341

Es Ratio: Calculated by the distance of the pupils divided by the distance of the widest part of your face (bizygos) (ideal range is 0.45-0.48)
View attachment 664343
Philtrum to chin ratio: Calculated by the height of your philtrum (the area between your nose and upper lip) divide with the height of your chin. (ideal is 1:1.8-1:2.75)
View attachment 664342
Chin to midface ratio: Calculated by the ratio of the height of your chin divided with the height of your previously mentioned midface. (ideal range is 0.55-0.65)
View attachment 664344

The reason why these ratios matter is because lens distortion kills them. You will look more narrow with more elongated facial features. (The elongated facial features will in turn pop out your features like nose and eyelid exposure out more, I have even noticed that it makes my lips thinner also). These ratios are all the crucial aspects of what makes a face harmonious, and the distortion of multiple ratios is a Legitimate PSL dropper. It's not in your head.

Examples of the effects of lens distortion on a subject:

FWHR:
View attachment 664351View attachment 664353 (1.65-->1.93)

Midface:
View attachment 664355
View attachment 664413(0.98-->1.02)

Es Ratio:

View attachment 664361View attachment 664362 (.479-->.437)

Philtrum to chin ratio:

View attachment 664365View attachment 664367 (1:2.48-->1:2.77)

Chin to midface (credit to @looxmakser49 for this ratio):

View attachment 664396View attachment 664397
(.48-->.62)

My examples of these ratios on my face being fucked over by distortion:

FWHR -
1.58-1.63 in selfies (peanut/horse hybrid tier). 1.81 in real life (good)

Midface - 0.87-0.91 in selfies (legit horse tier). 0.95 in real life (eh)

Es ratio - 0.485-0.49 in selfies (dolphin tier). 0.455 in real life (ideal)

Philtrum to chin ratio - 1:1.65-1:1.8 in selfies (decent). 1:1.9-1:2.1 in real life. (ideal)

Chin to midface ratio - 0.48-0.51 in selfies (decent). 0.56-0.58 in real life (great)

Next time you are worried about how you in selfies, remember that your facial ratios that make the balance and harmony of your face are getting fucked over by the lens distortion.

If you guys want to measure the differences in ratios and say them in the comments, then use this measuring website I used:

NOTE: The question to if you will look worse or better with lens distortion is entirely up to how high or low your ratios are. If you are wide and compact, you can look better with lens distortion due to it normalizing your features if the ratios are too high. If you are a narrow and long, you can look worse with lens distortion due to it making you even more long and narrow.

highest iq thread in a while congrats

• Love it
You should look exactly the same
No one has their face that close to the camera when taking a selfie
Leave this forum for that utterly stupid of a comment.

For a long time I was wondering why I looked so much better in the mirror than in selfies. I already that when I took pictures from back camera that I was because I wasn't used to seeing my face flipped. But, I soon also realized that I look equally bad in selfies with the front camera. How could this be? How can I take a good picture?

First, I had to see if I was just seeing things when seeing how weird I looked in selfies. I studied pictures and learned the importance of ratios. I will outline five important ratios that are affected by lens distortion:

FWHR - Face width to height ratio: Calculated by dividing the width of the widest part of your face (bizygos) by the height of the midface (middle of eyebrows to the top of the upper lip) (ideal range is 1.75-2.05)
View attachment 664340
Midface ratio: Calculated by distance of the pupils divided by the distance from the middle of the distance between pupils down to the top of the upper lip. ("ideal" range is 0.95-1.15) (0.95-0.99 aren't ideal but they are still ok and are important for understanding the effects lens distortion)
View attachment 664341

Es Ratio: Calculated by the distance of the pupils divided by the distance of the widest part of your face (bizygos) (ideal range is 0.45-0.48)
View attachment 664343
Philtrum to chin ratio: Calculated by the height of your philtrum (the area between your nose and upper lip) divide with the height of your chin. (ideal is 1:1.8-1:2.75)
View attachment 664342
Chin to midface ratio: Calculated by the ratio of the height of your chin divided with the height of your previously mentioned midface. (ideal range is 0.55-0.65)
View attachment 664344

The reason why these ratios matter is because lens distortion kills them. You will look more narrow with more elongated facial features. (The elongated facial features will in turn pop out your features like nose and eyelid exposure out more, I have even noticed that it makes my lips thinner also). These ratios are all the crucial aspects of what makes a face harmonious, and the distortion of multiple ratios is a Legitimate PSL dropper. It's not in your head.

Examples of the effects of lens distortion on a subject:

FWHR:
View attachment 664351View attachment 664353 (1.65-->1.93)

Midface:
View attachment 664355
View attachment 664413(0.98-->1.02)

Es Ratio:

View attachment 664361View attachment 664362 (.479-->.437)

Philtrum to chin ratio:

View attachment 664365View attachment 664367 (1:2.48-->1:2.77)

Chin to midface (credit to @looxmakser49 for this ratio):

View attachment 664396View attachment 664397
(.48-->.62)

My examples of these ratios on my face being fucked over by distortion:

FWHR -
1.58-1.63 in selfies (peanut/horse hybrid tier). 1.81 in real life (good)

Midface - 0.87-0.91 in selfies (legit horse tier). 0.95 in real life (eh)

Es ratio - 0.485-0.49 in selfies (dolphin tier). 0.455 in real life (ideal)

Philtrum to chin ratio - 1:1.65-1:1.8 in selfies (decent). 1:1.9-1:2.1 in real life. (ideal)

Chin to midface ratio - 0.48-0.51 in selfies (decent). 0.56-0.58 in real life (great)

Next time you are worried about how you in selfies, remember that your facial ratios that make the balance and harmony of your face are getting fucked over by the lens distortion.

If you guys want to measure the differences in ratios and say them in the comments, then use this measuring website I used:

NOTE: The question to if you will look worse or better with lens distortion is entirely up to how high or low your ratios are. If you are wide and compact, you can look better with lens distortion due to it normalizing your features if the ratios are too high. If you are a narrow and long, you can look worse with lens distortion due to it making you even more long and narrow.
I look better in selfies

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
Leave this forum for that utterly stupid of a comment.
Lens distortion is just a cope for subhumans
Literally all the tik toks made are from a front camera keep coping

The same lens distortion can make your dick look bigger than it is in dick pics
:feelshah:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jagged0 and Deleted member 8064

Nah JK I know it's real, but I have no idea how to consistently take good pics of me, IG models probably don't do this shit and sometimes just snap arm length selfies and are still GL in them lmao

Just take a video from 1-2 meters distance, and you will know your looks.

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel and Deleted member 8064
also nose to mouth width ratio is fucked from lens distortion

my nose looks huge in selfies
same, the funniest thing that my face in non disorted videos from 5-6m looks wide as fuck, meanwhile in selfies i have like 1.65 fwhr

• +1
Reactions: buflek and Deleted member 8064
same, the funniest thing that my face in non disorted videos from 5-6m looks wide as fuck, meanwhile in selfies i have like 1.65 fwhr
I thought you said that your ratios with selfies matched up with mirror? or did you mean your ratios had the same discrepancies between seflie and mirror as I described in the thread?

I thought you said that your ratios with selfies matched up with mirror? or did you mean your ratios had the same discrepancies between seflie and mirror as I described in the thread?
in mirror my face looks decently wide, in selfies it looks way narrower. yeah ratios pretty much match but im talking about videos, in videos from 5-6 meters away my face looks even wider than in mirror, i dont know what causes it

• +1
in mirror my face looks decently wide, in selfies it looks way narrower. yeah ratios pretty much match but im talking about videos, in videos from 5-6 meters away my face looks even wider than in mirror, i dont know what causes it
Yeah the most accurate I have found is to have a 85mm focal length and be 1.5-2 meters away and do a mirror pic or video.

• +1
Reactions: needsolution
Good thread, but it's usually less distorted than that; not as close. But the point stands. good thread

Good thread, but it's usually less distorted than that; not as close. But the point stands. good thread
depends on the phone. I have a samsung s8 so it will fuck my shit up but an iphone 11 will have a lot less distortion.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191
Wait so is the mirror reflecting what you actually look like? if that’s true that’s so lifefuel for me.

• +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 8064
Wait so is the mirror reflecting what you actually look like? if that’s true that’s so lifefuel for me.
Yes of course lol. Mirror and motion are what you are. Photos change features, are 2D, and change the color stauration.

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: PYT and goat2x
Yes of course lol. Mirror and motion are what you are. Photos change features, are 2D, and change the color stauration.
I already look pretty good in selfies but I look so much better in a mirror. I'm hyped to hear that mirrors reflect how you look.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 8064
giga cope
mirror isnt accuarate at all jfl

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sikkunt23 and Deleted member 8064
giga cope
mirror isnt accuarate at all jfl
I don't even wanna hear what kind of bullshit you are gonna say. Not even gonna entertain this jfl.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9072
I don't even wanna hear what kind of bullshit you are gonna say. Not even gonna entertain this jfl.
cuz you know its true and you cant cope with it
baboon iq

• Ugh..
cuz you know its true and you cant cope with it
baboon iq
Dude, mere exposure effect doesn't mean when you look at something, you start to like it and boost it up. You merely get used to it and your brain fixes any asymmetry. Actually in fact, people like me, when we look at something for a long time, become more disgusted with something and pick out the flaws. That argument doesn't work.

Then, flipping the picture goes in with the previously mentioned "mere exposure effect", as your brain fixes the asymmetry it sees and once it gets so used to what it sees, when it gets flipped, you look deformed because you aren't used to seeing your face flipped. Take a family member or friend and look at them in the mirror, they look the exact same.

Mirror is literally what you look like. It's literally 3-Dimensional and it reflects your image. This isn't some crazy science dude.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6512, Deleted member 6908 and PYT
Dude, mere exposure effect doesn't mean when you look at something, you start to like it and boost it up. You merely get used to it and your brain fixes any asymmetry. Actually in fact, people like me, when we look at something for a long time, become more disgusted with something and pick out the flaws. That argument doesn't work.

Then, flipping the picture goes in with the previously mentioned "mere exposure effect", as your brain fixes the asymmetry it sees and once it gets so used to what it sees, when it gets flipped, you look deformed because you aren't used to seeing your face flipped. Take a family member or friend and look at them in the mirror, the look the exact same.

Mirror is literally what you look like. It's literally 3-Dimensional and it reflects your image. This isn't some crazy science dude.
"take a family member or friend and look at them in the mirror, the look the exact same. "
its called personal bias, so this whole statement is wrong
its all on a hypothesis that people think that they are average/above average in general so your brain tricks you.
i will admit that there are people that can look in the mirror and can see their true self
altho thats like 10% percent of the population

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sikkunt23, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 8064

Then, flipping the picture goes in with the previously mentioned "mere exposure effect", as your brain fixes the asymmetry it sees and once it gets so used to what it sees, when it gets flipped, you look deformed because you aren't used to seeing your face flipped. Take a family member or friend and look at them in the mirror, they look the exact same.

sure we look the same jfl

sure we look the same jfl

You didn't even listen to what I said. And I don't get your point, anyone can look at themselves and see their true self. It is their true self, just everything is on the other side. Your face doesn't just magically change it's bone structure, your brain is merely not used to seeing yourself like that.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6191, Deleted member 6512, Deleted member 6908 and 1 other person

"Then, flipping the picture goes in with the previously mentioned "mere exposure effect", as your brain fixes the asymmetry it sees and once it gets so used to what it sees, when it gets flipped, you look deformed because you aren't used to seeing your face flipped. Take a family member or friend and look at them in the mirror, they look the exact same. "
you just implied that its true
your brain ignores flaws cuz of coping mechanism

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
You didn't even listen to what I said. And I don't get your point, anyone can look at themselves and see their true self. It is their true self, just everything is on the other side. Your face doesn't just magically change it's bone structure, your brain is merely not used to seeing yourself like that.
i will link you the study without reading it you are shooting blind

i will link you the study without reading it you are shooting blind
mhm link me study where the participants selected their portraits that more attractive than what they actually were. I've already seen it.

mhm link me study where the participants selected their portraits that more attractive than what they actually were. I've already seen it.
then try to digest it

then try to digest it
That doesn't have to do with the mirror, that has to do with bias. We are PSL autists here, we would never select the more attractive photo of ourselves because we study our face so hard and are aware. For normies that let themselves get wrapped up in bias, ofc that's gonna happen. That doesn't have anything to do with the mirror lying or the flipping of your image.

That doesn't have to do with the mirror, that has to do with bias. We are PSL autists here, we would never select the more attractive photo of ourselves because we study our face so hard and are aware. For normies that let themselves get wrapped up in bias, ofc that's gonna happen. That doesn't have anything to do with the mirror lying or the flipping of your image.
Thats a false statement
You have MANY people that despite all the roasting still think that they are good looking imagine what they see in the mirror.
I guess bias is less here but still in majority
Also the mirror flipping is legit your brain used to see the flipped image of yourself.

• +1
Thats a false statement
You have MANY people that despite all the roasting still think that they are good looking imagine what they see in the mirror.
I guess bias is less here but still in majority
Also the mirror flipping is legit your brain used to see the flipped image of yourself.
Again, IT ISN'T A DIFFERENT IMAGE SO THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING USED TO IT. Bro, if you ahve to, go and find some random guy and take him to a mirror and look at him. He looks the exact same. Get pictures of various random people online, flip their pics, they look the same. I've done this with very asymmetrical people and they look the exact same.
Also the people here that get roasted are bc they don't have bones and have bad features. If they think they are gl, they are just coping. I know the PCT I see in my mirror is there. No mirror for a NCT or a recessed jaw

• Hmm...
Reactions: goat2x
Again, IT ISN'T A DIFFERENT IMAGE SO THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING USED TO IT. Bro, if you ahve to, go and find some random guy and take him to a mirror and look at him. He looks the exact same. Get pictures of various random people online, flip their pics, they look the same. I've done this with very asymmetrical people and they look the exact same.
Also the people here that get roasted are bc they don't have bones and have bad features. If they think they are gl, they are just coping. I know the PCT I see in my mirror is there. No mirror for a NCT or a recessed jaw
Just ignore my whole point theory
"above average affect" google it
researchers find that you underestimate others while you overestimate yourself
obviously you wont look like a chad in the mirror but you will look better
there for your whole statement is wrong.
again there might be some hardcore blackpilled people here but its not true for the 90% of us.

• +1
Just ignore my whole point theory
"above average affect" google it
researchers find that you underestimate others while you overestimate yourself
obviously you wont look like a chad in the mirror but you will look better
there for your whole statement is wrong.
again there might be some hardcore blackpilled people here but its not true for the 90% of us.
Oh I get the above average affect. 90% of people think they are above average jfl. Then I get that point and it doesn't apply to me really, as I have had my opinion of my looks confirmed by many people. For me personally, I'm too aware and autist to get wrapped up in that and I'm pretty sure many guys here are too tbh. Not all, but fs more than 10%

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and goat2x
Oh I get the above average affect. 90% of people think they are above average jfl. Then I get that point and it doesn't apply to me really, as I have had my opinion of my looks confirmed by many people. For me personally, I'm too aware and autist to get wrapped up in that and I'm pretty sure many guys here are too tbh. Not all, but fs more than 10%
Ok then you are an exception congrats
i would argue even less than 10%
ask an average user this questions
do you think you are above average iq?
do you think you are above average in looks?
wait they already done that
most people think they are 6 in looks aka above average.

• +1
Ok then you are an exception congrats
i would argue even less than 10%
ask an average user this questions
do you think you are above average iq?
do you think you are above average in looks?
wait they already done that
most people think they are 6 in looks aka above average.
See, these questions are hard to answer due to the bias of not wanting to sound like the idiots who aren't above average but when I actually am. Idk bro, I am an exception because I have always thought PSL 5-5.5 and that has been confirmed by users here and the equal of those ratings (6.5-7.5/10) IRL have been by far the most amount of ratings I have gotten % wise. Hardly ever less and sometimes more, but each are cope/bias towards my type of look.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
See, these questions are hard to answer due to the bias of not wanting to sound like the idiots who aren't above average but when I actually am. Idk bro, I am an exception because I have always thought PSL 5-5.5 and that has been confirmed by users here and the equal of those ratings (6.5-7.5/10) IRL have been by far the most amount of ratings I have gotten % wise. Hardly ever less and sometimes more, but each are cope/bias towards my type of look.
Ok dude, you might be above average/goodloking altho your friends rating you really doesnt mean anything( no one wants to hurt a friend obvsly)
how many users here are really above average?(without frauding and shit obviously)
for the regular user the mirror isnt accuarate due to delusion and thats it tbh.

Ok dude, you might be above average/goodloking altho your friends rating you really doesnt mean anything( no one wants to hurt a friend obvsly)
how many users here are really above average?(without frauding and shit obviously)
for the regular user the mirror isnt accuarate due to delusion and thats it tbh.
Agree to Disagree. We are clearly in two completely opposite schools of thought about this matter.

Agree to Disagree. We are clearly in two completely opposite schools of thought about this matter.
its not agree to disagree JFL
above average affect is a real thing and its legit
for most users mirrors are just giga delusion (might be real for you)
and thats it

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Sikkunt23 and Good_Little_Goy
Yes, I am much better looking irl.

There is such thing as being photogenic. This site doesn't want to admit it because people that use it are primarily young, dumb and narrow minded.

From Quora:
In my experience, the main reason for the difference between our true image and the photographic image is the lens. Most lenses distort the image, and this distortion is extreme in cheap cameras or mobile phone cameras. This distortion allows for a more panoramic view, but you pay the price of distorting the image. Some people will look good because the distorted version of their image results in an appealing image. It is still distorted and far removed from the original, but it just so happens that the distortion is pleasing to the eye. Cases where someone complains that they look bad in photographs or that they are not photogenic is usually because their distorted image is not appealing to the eye. To prove this is true, you can use a lens with very little distortion, such as the Canon 85mm f/1.2L. The closer the number is to 1, the less distortion you get. In this case the lens has a value of 1.2, very close to 1, and it’s a lens especially thought for portraiture. The only problem is that such a lens costs in the region of $2000. That is only for the lens. You need a good camera to attach it to.

Then there is a secondary source of distortion which is worth mentioning, which are the flash lights on cheap cameras or mobile phones. They are completely wrong in the sense that they project frontal light, which results in squashing the image like pancake. Again, some people’s faces when distorted in this way result in a not too displeasing image. Lighting properly a face to take a photograph is an art unto itself, not to be left in the hands of instagrammers or other people armed with a mobile phone and a flash.

• +1
  • Ugh..

Don't argue with someone who's confidence consistently outweighs their IQ

He is nothing more than a loudmouth narrow minded twat. Filter his posts. He's on here all day every day arguing with every person in sight he can see.

You're making a legit point which is true. There are people out there literally getting rhino because their nose looks fucked in pictures.

Distortion is very real. The mirror is pure and not pixelated. Just because the reflection is flipped doesn't mean it's drastically different because we are not wired to fix the now different asymmetries. If you can tell you look good, average or bad in the mirror, chances are that's the response you'll get from the outside world. Most people know from the mirror whether they look good and they are rarely wrong. Why is that if the mirror isn't accurate because it's ourselves reversed?

Anyway ill be buying a true mirror very soon and so will truly be able to put it all to the test

• Ugh..
  • +1
Don't argue with someone who's confidence consistently outweighs their IQ

He is nothing more than a loudmouth narrow minded twat. Filter his posts. He's on here all day every day arguing with every person in sight he can see.

You're making a legit point which is true. There are people out there literally getting rhino because their nose looks fucked in pictures.

Distortion is very real. The mirror is pure and not pixelated. Just because the reflection is flipped doesn't mean it's drastically different because we are not wired to fix the now different asymmetries. If you can tell you look good, average or bad in the mirror, chances are that's the response you'll get from the outside world. Most people know from the mirror whether they look good and they are rarely wrong. Why is that if the mirror isn't accurate because it's ourselves reversed?

Anyway ill be buying a true mirror very soon and so will truly be able to put it all to the test
Even with true mirror, it's the you that you see in the mirror. The problem is, your brain has to get used to that.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6908
just record yourself in video from different angles and distances if you want to see how you actually look