on Robert De niro

Marsik

Marsik

Zephir
I watched many interviews with him and it's insane how different he is irl and on screen. Every single time in interviews he would give few words here and there and reply with half-assed sentences like "we did that, it was great", or "it was nice doing that", and then pause... saying nothing of value or any non-obvious insights.

When asked about acting, he had no real insight into his own process, he said that he just does it and he doesn't give it too much thought. Seems like it's all instinctual with him. There's no way you can watch him in Raging Bull without seeing a myriad of complex things happening behind his eyes but he either doesn't have the ability to articulate those thoughts or these things are all happening on an instinctual level for him.

He's clearly extremely intelligent to be able to act so well, but he always seem to struggle in interviews. I wonder if he just refuses to talk about it because he wants the work to speak for itself.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, Kroker, iam good boy and 4 others
@JudgeandJury @_MVP_ @JackTheKnife @BrahminBoss @alpha_provider @Manletmachine
Any thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
F7C69327 6051 4F4A 8B2C 559D6A30FA6C

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Whitepill_Saint, iam good boy and Marsik
Exactly my thoughts. But if you look at the GOATs there are some who are the same, like I’ve never seen or heard Kubrick articulate his thought process when making 2001

never watched his interviews, but he doesn't strike me as dumb. probably too accomplished to care about giving corny monologues around

Sounds like anxiety side effect of klinefelter syndrome

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine and iam good boy
The cattle is not worth a thoughtful answer
Mogger trait

He’s the same role in every movie overrated one trick pony
Taxi driver is boring

I watched many interviews with him and it's insane how different he is irl and on screen. Every single time in interviews he would give few words here and there and reply with half-assed sentences like "we did that, it was great", or "it was nice doing that", and then pause... saying nothing of value or any non-obvious insights.

When asked about acting, he had no real insight into his own process, he said that he just does it and he doesn't give it too much thought. Seems like it's all instinctual with him. There's no way you can watch him in Raging Bull without seeing a myriad of complex things happening behind his eyes but he either doesn't have the ability to articulate those thoughts or these things are all happening on an instinctual level for him.

He's clearly extremely intelligent to be able to act so well, but he always seem to struggle in interviews. I wonder if he just refuses to talk about it because he wants the work to speak for itself.
He is based man frr

@JudgeandJury @_MVP_ @JackTheKnife @BrahminBoss @alpha_provider @Manletmachine
Any thoughts?
He’s well known for being an introvert who keeps to himself, even on set and among his costars

• +1
Reactions: Celphony