Ortho Recommended me chewing

G

Gage

Iron
Today I had Invisalign installed and with Invisalign comes these things called "chewies". Everyone on this forum debates the efficacy of chewing when MD's are telling their patients to chew I think that's a good indication it does something. He also said it's more effective if you chew with the incisors.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AutisticBeaner, AscendingHero, Pumanator and 7 others
Yeah mine recommended that too

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
well I guess @retard was right the whole time

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, AutisticBeaner, AscendingHero and 8 others
Today I had Invisalign installed and with Invisalign comes these things called "chewies". Everyone on this forum debates the efficacy of chewing when MD's are telling their patients to chew I think that's a good indication it does something. He also said it's more effective if you chew with the incisors.
what did he say it does?

Chewing deniers are retarded, skeletal muscle grows with resistance.

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, Deleted member 2729, AutisticBeaner and 8 others
I got bloated when I chew

Chewing is definietly more effective than some mewing
Like this is bruxism skull
Sans titre 1 1297761246d3fed1b97c46efb387a49698ee37b162 2

Its amazing that gonial angle is literally smaller than 90 jfll but still from front doesn't look like Minecraft Steve. Most bone mass is in gonions
183057 188821737818929 100000733129020 497398 8296670 n 1297760349b4885cf1a75993d2a630c8a

• Woah
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, Chintuck22, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 6 others
Do you use the chewies with your trays in?

what for? did the ortho explain why?

Chewing is good if you want balance your jaw muscles especially if you dont use other side of your jaw for eating. I have recessed jaw in left side because I dont use it as much as right side... Its not recessed bone but recessed muscles mass.

Last edited:
MD's are telling their patients to chew I think that's a good indication it does something. He also said it's more effective if you chew with the incisors.
please ask him why he wants you to chew, and ask why on incisors

• +1
Reactions: Schönling, Celexawer and Deleted member 9511
please ask him why he wants you to chew, and ask why on incisors
I assume his justification is that chewing with incisors would develop the upper anterior arch upward and forward so as to resolve the overbite which most modern people have to a varying degree, and to create that correct edge-to-edge occlusion which pre-industrial humans commonly had. However, I think this outcome would be better achieved by simply keeping the incisors in contact so that a slight up&forward force vector is constantly being produced against the upper anterior teeth, since as far as I understand, the role of the anterior teeth is not as much masticatory as it is postural (stabilization of jaw-cranium relationship). Furthermore, since the incisors are the very first teeth to erupt, it can be assumed that ideally your occlusion would develop neatly around sustained e2e incisor contact. So if your aim is to reverse-engineer a faulty occlusion, start from the very beginning, i.e. incisor contact, and begin rebuilding the bite from there. Canines will soon follow suit, then premolars (nearly at this stage myself) and finally molars.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, hairyballscel and Deleted member 5385
, I think this outcome would be better achieved by simply keeping the incisors in contact so that a slight up&forward force vector is constantly being produced
impossible for me doe, my incisors cant touch

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
at this point i really don't know, can i pm you a pic later?

When you put your teeth together is their a gap between your upper and lower incisors? If there is you have an open bite. If there isnt your either have overjet (incisors are angled foward) or overbite

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel
I assume his justification is that chewing with incisors would develop the upper anterior arch upward and forward so as to resolve the overbite which most modern people have to a varying degree, and to create that correct edge-to-edge occlusion which pre-industrial humans commonly had. However, I think this outcome would be better achieved by simply keeping the incisors in contact so that a slight up&forward force vector is constantly being produced against the upper anterior teeth, since as far as I understand, the role of the anterior teeth is not as much masticatory as it is postural (stabilization of jaw-cranium relationship). Furthermore, since the incisors are the very first teeth to erupt, it can be assumed that ideally your occlusion would develop neatly around sustained e2e incisor contact. So if your aim is to reverse-engineer a faulty occlusion, start from the very beginning, i.e. incisor contact, and begin rebuilding the bite from there. Canines will soon follow suit, then premolars (nearly at this stage myself) and finally molars.
So do you recommend chewing on the incisors or not? And if someone has a class 2 with an overjet, wouldn't geting incisors in contact compromise the contact of other teeth?

And the revered edge to edge bite our ancestors had, was it due to tooth wear and extreme bone stimulus from chewing?

I thought those chewing things were just for to be able to place the invisalign without touching your teeth

up i have invisalign too do you think i can use those chewies ? i have godtier masseter insertion and i need to make them grow