Orthodontic CCW

C

conquistador

Iron
I dont understand Ive never seen this shit discussed here.

Tads are miniscrews on the upper jaw that can cause maxillary impaction (on adults) and thus a counterclocwise rotation of the mandible. This is specially useful for people with long faces and gummy smiles. I will let you look at the papers and pages Ive linked and there are many more.

Before:

After:

Cephalometric changes:

Links to papers and reports:

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Chintuck22 and N1c
Best post this forum has ever seen and nobody answers, papito

• Ugh..
Reactions: Chintuck22
has someone here tried this?

• Ugh..
Reactions: Chintuck22
it has been talked numerous time dude

oh, a fucking greycel moment

The paper and other literature cites between 2-4 degrees of counterclockwise rotation. Maxillary impaction can easily give 10+ degrees of CCW.

If you've ever consulted with any legit ortho like Ting, Roblee, Yoon, etc. they'll know what this is. At best, it gives a bit of rotation and some forward movement of the mandible. If you're mildly to maybe moderately recessed, this might be good enough. Otherwise just get double jaw surgery.

• +1
Reactions: conquistador
The paper and other literature cites between 2-4 degrees of counterclockwise rotation. Maxillary impaction can easily give 10+ degrees of CCW.

If you've ever consulted with any legit ortho like Ting, Roblee, Yoon, etc. they'll know what this is. At best, it gives a bit of rotation and some forward movement of the mandible. If you're mildly to maybe moderately recessed, this might be good enough. Otherwise just get double jaw surgery.
I was wondering why I had never seen it talked here. I guess that its because its not "transformative" enough. In any case, do you know of any user who has tried it?

nobody tried this?

doesn’t this recess maxilla? and can you get this at the same time as mse?

• +1
Reactions: conquistador
doesn’t this recess maxilla? and can you get this at the same time as mse?
If there are teeth extractions, the alveolar bone is pulled back so there is recession.
But I think there are cases where the maxillar teeth are only moved upwards which shouldn't cause recession.

In any case, I'm still searching info about this. I was hoping someone here knew more

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423