Oxymetazoline: The most effective treatment for PIE (Post Inflammatory Erythrema)

soontobeflawless

soontobeflawless

Iron
PIE, or Post-Inflammatory Erythema, is a skin condition characterized by red or pink discoloration that remains after an inflammatory acne lesion has healed. It occurs due to the prolonged dilation of blood vessels in the affected area, causing persistent redness.
If you don't know, these motherfuckers persists for months, even years. Despite me using tretinoin, azelaic acid daily, i still have PIE after 1 years of not having a fucking pimple.

Completely disgusting.
Images 31

The most effective treatment was laser therapies, such as pulsed dye lasers. However, recent studies show that Oxymetazoline is really effective against PIE.

Studies

1. A split face comparative study using a novel triple combination therapy for the treatment of persistent post acne erythema:
  • Using: TXA 5% + OXZ 1.5% + BMT 0.33%
  • Results: Right side treated with the combo showed significantly reduced PAE compared to the left side with a placebo.
  • Study: 40 participants, 3-month duration.

2. Successful treatment of the face post acne erythema using a topically applied selective alpha 1-Adrenergic receptor agonist, oxymetazoline 1.5%, a controlled left to right face comparative trial:
Look at how one side hasn't changed at all, while the other side is completely cured. It's a night and day difference.
Screenshot 20231027 201718 Samsung Notes
  • Using: OXZ 1.5% in liposomal base
  • Results: Topical OXZ significantly effective in diminishing PAE compared to placebo lipogel. OXZ is a safe and effective PAE treatment.
  • Link
3. The role of the topical nasal decongestant oxymetazoline as a novel therapeutic option for post-acne erythema: A split-face, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial:
  • Study Scope: Split-face, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial
  • Findings: OxH-treated side demonstrated significant reductions in PAE lesion counts, erythema index, higher clinical response rate, and greater patient satisfaction.
  • Verdict: Effective, well-tolerated, and safe for reducing PAE without rebound effects.
  • Link
How to use?

Most of the studies used Oxymetazoline for three months straight, applying it twice daily.

I recommend using a 0.50mg/ml Oxymetazoline spray daily. Spray it on a cotton swab and apply it to the affected areas with PIE. In your morning skincare routine, use it before applying SPF, and in your evening routine, use it after applying moisturizer.

Why not apply it to the whole face? This medication shrinks blood vessels (which is how it improves PIE). If applied to your entire face, it can potentially affect beard growth, as the hair follicles may receive fewer nutrients (in fact, Oxymetazoline will act like an opposed minoxidil for your facial hair).

Attachments

• file.png
    file.png
    875.5 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski, Fiqh, Av0nr and 1 other person
Good first thread! I'm not reading tho, I never had acne jfl

Last edited:
  • WTF
Reactions: Fiqh
not one molecule

bump, good thread

Life fuel, found it for $3

this is literally lifefuel this is so goated
THANK YOU & BOOKMARKED

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
Does it work for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back