people subconsciously gravitate toward the last state/environment/location of their happiest times in life

looksmaxxed

looksmaxxed

Kraken
if the majority of your happiness is condensed in a certain period of your childhood, you will always want to return to that state,you will always want to watch the type of movies, listen to the types of music, read the types of books, play the types of games that you had back at that time. you will be compelled to engage in behavior you engaged during that time. this is more than arrested development, this is terminal nostalgia. you can NEVER get past this. you are stuck in a single moment in time

for chad, every day he's alive is the happiest he's ever been. therefore chad always lives in the present, never in the past. chad doesn't have a strong sense of nostalgia. the memories of his childhood have been buried deep into his subconscious by the hundreds of raw bareback sex, parties, validation orgies he has experienced throughout his life.

meanwhile incel spends a whole months salary to prepare for his monumental journey to seek his roots flying to his childhood home, finding everything has changed, not finding the sights and sounds as he remembered. that emotional state had passed, never to be recapitulated. he returns from the trip disappointed and climbs back into his wage cage until retirement, then shortly afterwards, death.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mayo mogger, Gonthar, horizontallytall and 3 others
idk how any of this is subconscious but yea

it's sub liminal maybe. most people are not aware of it until they think about it

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
true, i always think of the coffee shop i met my oneitis at. in fact, i take every girl i meet there

Water.
I feel my anxiety fade away whenever I visit my elementary school's playground.

Well, even Chads eventually descend, get old, lose their looks and become nostalgic about their good old days...
When I went to acting classes, we had this cringy, self-absorbed teacher, that wouldn't shut up and always talked only about himself and his former career, he showed us a photo album from his glory days and he was actually pretty good looking in his youth, he played the title roles on stage, now he was old and bald, but in his mind he was still the main character and would bore people to death with his never ending stories, brag about his talent, blame others for the decline of his career, he was just a bitter, boring and insufferable man - this is what happens to former Chads.

Legit thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back