Photography: focal length and reality

Germania

Germania

Kraken
So i bought a camera, because i want to get into photography, a Sony A6000 with the kit lens (16-50 mm) @Papabakvet
Everyone knows, that the the amount of focal length has an enormous influence on a portrait. So if i want to fraud pics, i need another lens. But which focal length comes close to reality?

xt71bV4Qv3Zi4PjFfThq3atmNEDHt6mDKAPKPJ7aZb4f9XfZG8W7-VUKIUTXNESkanCVjXaS-ztKQ2m4IOGreMNlfxOfoBw7OPVlg-Mh0KcV_5ax8PJdKKJmW3r1WlVnWd6DyBM

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, Hightwolf and LastHopeForNorman

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5634, Slayercel, Deleted member 4106 and 6 others
50mm full frame eq lens
so 35mm on apsc (like snoy a6000)
So i bought a camera, because i want to get into photography, a Sony A6000 with the kit lens (16-50 mm) @Papabakvet
Everyone knows, that the the amount of focal length has an enormous influence on a portrait. So if i want to fraud pics, i need another lens. But which focal length comes close to reality?

xt71bV4Qv3Zi4PjFfThq3atmNEDHt6mDKAPKPJ7aZb4f9XfZG8W7-VUKIUTXNESkanCVjXaS-ztKQ2m4IOGreMNlfxOfoBw7OPVlg-Mh0KcV_5ax8PJdKKJmW3r1WlVnWd6DyBM

• +1
Reactions: Germania
when you try it out tell us how much you feel it ascends you.
Like a photo with that camera + good lighting vs iPhone back camera from a distance in normal lighting.

AFAIK it's not just the lens, but also the distance.

"...Our central angle of view — around 40-60° — is what most impacts our perception. Subjectively, this would correspond with the angle over which you could recall objects without moving your eyes. Incidentally, this is close to a 50 mm "normal" focal length lens on a full frame camera (43 mm to be precise)..."

I don't even know what i look like anymore shit is confusing. i look like a completely different person depending on lighting etc. My selfies are all over the place but the mirror shows me consistently the same.

Could be anywhere from 1.75-5 PSL.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
I don't even know what i look like anymore shit is confusing. i look like a completely different person depending on lighting etc. My selfies are all over the place but the mirror shows me consistently the same.

Could be anywhere from 1.75-5 PSL.
CarelessMinorDonkey size restricted

• +1
Reactions: Slayercel