Possible lefort surgury

L

Lefortnite

Iron
I have skeletal open bite + slight overbite. I've been wearing braces for about 3 months, and will need surgury to properly close the open bite.
Ortho reccomends Lefort 1 over BSSO. I guess Lefort 1 is gonna make my nose and upper lip better, but will it make my jawline any better?

34861552bf2a1171c826a9765ccf56ea.png

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
Are they gonna move both jaws? Because with CCW rotation of both jaws I think you'd end up with a better jaw line for sure, if the result is a lower jaw angle.

• +1
Reactions: bain
why not both bro?!
iu

nah though srs if youre willing to do it and pay for it and shit id go for lefort1, noticably recessed maxillay very bad you made it into my folder congrats bro. bsso would also benefit you, both with ccw would probably be the very best but its up for you. talk to your ortho he knows better than ppl on this forum tbh

Your maxilla is recessed and lefort is needed. I had a BSSO last month but I had an underbite. I doubt thought that Lefort will make your jawline better. My jawline has improved but I guess that is due to BSSO. I am not sure if jawline will be affected with a Lefort 1.

If you go for bimax then it would impact your jaw but if you go for that, in that case your chin will appear more recessed. I would say just go for a Lefort 1. How good is your jawline? Bimax from what I have heard is more complex compared to a lefort 1 which from what I have heard is probably the easiest of the 3, (bimax, BSSO and Lefort 1) with lesser chances of nerve damage etc.

• +1
Reactions: bain
It was either Lefort 1 or BSSO it seemed like. Of the two id definitely go with Lefort 1 because it's gonna fix my maxilla. I may ask for the BSSO in addition.

Yeah it seems like the BSSO is purely based on giving you a better jawline and chin, I think there may be a small change in jaw with Lefort 1, but its probably just a tiny bit of CCW rotation. My jawline is decent, not chiseled, but it's definitely there, only problem is the angle imo.

I don't know if I'm mixing up something, but wouldn't Lefort 1 give you quite a severe overbite?

Yeah i mean lower jaw surgery is probably neccesary to get shit aligned, no way im going thru the recovery time and not being completely happy with the result lmao.