Potentially starting a Cologne/Perfume Company

ZoomerSpicoid415

ZoomerSpicoid415

Silver
Have a weird obsession about this shit for the past 5 years, I would make different kinds of bottles in Hs and I had stacies begging me to make them custom ones for alot of money. Haven't done that for a while but I have the money and time to focus in on it since Its the only thing im autistically focused on

How bad is this looking for me logisitcally

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Danish_Retard, efidescontinuado and mortis
Shit thread good avi

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: m0ss26 and Deleted member 46986
just kys nigger

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: aleksander, lefthookmaxx and TheBrownOne
Have a weird obsession about this shit for the past 5 years, I would make different kinds of bottles in Hs and I had stacies begging me to make them custom ones for alot of money. Haven't done that for a while but I have the money and time to focus in on it since Its the only thing im autistically focused on

Id rather figure out a solution to take fake perfumes in packaging

• +1
Reactions: tasmanian devil

I was gonna try doing something similar

As somone who has started multiple successful ecommerce companies and has tried to do fragrances. It’s one of the most dog 💩 products to sell.

And considering ur just a guy with an idea. It’s over, there’s no hope, go back to working a normal job, forget about it

• +1
Reactions: aleksander, Danish_Retard, Deleted member 46986 and 1 other person
As somone who has started multiple successful ecommerce companies and has tried to do fragrances. It’s one of the most dog 💩 products to sell.
Why?

What fragrances are you a fan of?

Main two problems are #1 it’s incredibly hard to get an affordable sample, unless you want to white label somone else’s fragrance (which considering you said you make your own stuff, that’s a huge issue)

#2 because fragrances have alcohol in them, you can’t ship them by air in the USA, and idek how international shipping would work, ik it’s possible but there’s a ton of regulations .
All of this cuts your profit margins, if you want to make an affordable fragrance. You’d need to put it in the 30-60 price range

And starting with a high ticket for new business owners is a bad idea imo.

TLDR : high startup costs, high consumer costs, bunch of regulations, making a good unique fragrance is hard af

• +1
Reactions: Alt Number 3

And considering ur just a guy with an idea. It’s over, there’s no hope, go back to working a normal job, forget about it
I understand the manufacturing process so I was interested in the idea and I wanted to invest into something I understand but Idk now. I got 50k not sure what to do with it. Thinking of just dropshipping and creating a shopify store and advertising on tiktok for shitty chinese stuff that isn't already sold on amazon

• JFL
Reactions: Sondern
Jeremy, is this you?

Why would someone buy your product vs some really good niche product or the safe buys like creed, Chanel, Dior, JPG etc etc

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and Part-Time Chad
YOU ARE A NIGGER

Why would someone buy your product vs some really good niche product or the safe buys like creed, Chanel, Dior, JPG etc etc
Unique scent profiles. Bitches go crazy over this. Look at solstice scent and the indie fragrance/makeup subs on reddit or tiktok

• +1
Reactions: conquer and Alt Number 3

I hope it works out for you, Bhai.

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
I understand the manufacturing process so I was interested in the idea and I wanted to invest into something I understand but Idk now. I got 50k not sure what to do with it. Thinking of just dropshipping and creating a shopify store and advertising on tiktok for shitty chinese stuff that isn't already sold on amazon
i suggest starting an e-commerce brand, investing like 2k, and when you've got the skills to consistently sell out your stock, you can invest the rest. just my suggestion though. 99% of people will never start, and considering your plan i doubt u will either. goodluck tho

• +1
Reactions: conquer
marketing, exclusivity, because they don't want "safe buys"

it depends on how good you are at marketing

really? you have experience in this area?
The only no names i bought were lataffa, afnan and maison alhambra

Last edited:
The only no names i bought were lataffa, afnan and maison
okay, so even you yourself bought no names, despite saying no one buys them

and "maison" just means house, that's like saying you bought "inc."

okay, so even you yourself bought no names, despite saying no one buys them

and "maison" just means house, that's like saying you bought "inc."
fixed. What ive mean by no name is non designer/fashion brands. These been running for years tho, but they're still pretty unknown.

fixed. What ive mean by no name is non designer/fashion brands. These been running for years tho, but they're still pretty unknown.
Yeah, and lots of people buy non designer/fashion brand fragrance. It's not like you have to be the next Creed in order to be successful.

I think it's doable, but it depends on how talented OP is at marketing, making fragrances, and business savvy.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander and Deleted member 46986
i suggest starting an e-commerce brand, investing like 2k, and when you've got the skills to consistently sell out your stock, you can invest the rest. just my suggestion though. 99% of people will never start, and considering your plan i doubt u will either. goodluck tho
I have the time and I’m about to graduate. Just going to learn first. Jumping in blind is a retard decision

I have the time and I’m about to graduate. Just going to learn first. Jumping in blind is a retard decision
Listen to this vid, D
ont let this be u bro
goodluck

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: aleksander, conquer, Deleted member 46986 and 1 other person
Listen to this vid, D
ont let this be u bro
goodluck
View attachment 2700670
I am committed on this fragrance stuff even If it's logistically bad. I created my shopify page and now im in contact with some manufacturers. I don't want to go too fast though. Writing a plan out, at 20 pages rn

very bad.

I've actually thought about this. I think this sort of thing is mostly marketing when it comes down to it so you should probably get specific about your target demographic first. Like hyper specific.

It's been 18 days. Wheres your company buddy

• JFL
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: aleksander, ZoomerSpicoid415 and conquer

Put fent in the perfume and spray it on Stacys face and cum in her butthole

It's been 18 days. Wheres your company buddy
Me and my cousin are selling hoodies with bullshit designs, I didn't go through with perfume but we are at 11 orders with minimal effort after 5 days

If you want to succeed, make sure your perfume brand is a niche house instead of a designer house.

A problem with most popular niche brands (Parfums de Marly, Creed) is that these brands are no longer niche, their fragrances have seemed to gain mass appeal and these brands have become mainstream, because I guess the owners of these brands couldn't help themselves but chase profit and reputation.

If I started a perfume brand, I would only sell like a 100 bottles a year instead of thousands or millions of perfume bottles every year. Because I want my fragrance brand to remain truly niche.

Niche fragrance collectors WANT their perfumes to be expensive, so nobody else can afford the extravagant and unique perfumes they own. So if you charge a 1000 dollars for a high quality 100 ml bottle of perfume that smells unique, you'll definitely find buyers.

If you want to succeed, make sure your perfume brand is a niche house instead of a designer house.

A problem with most popular niche brands (Parfums de Marly, Creed) is that these brands are no longer niche, their fragrances have seemed to gain mass appeal and these brands have become mainstream, because I guess the owners of these brands couldn't help themselves but chase profit and reputation.

If I started a perfume brand, I would only sell like a 100 bottles a year instead of thousands or millions of perfume bottles every year. Because I want my fragrance brand to remain truly niche.

Niche fragrance collectors WANT their perfumes to be expensive, so nobody else can afford the extravagant and unique perfumes they own. So if you charge a 1000 dollars for a high quality 100 ml bottle of perfume that smells unique, you'll definitely find buyers.
This only makes sense when you already have a large audience or means to access one, which are likely harder to obtain than producing the perfume itself. The point about going niche is good.

If OP is actually serious a possible route to take would be to gain notoriety within a smaller market and subculture. Then you have more direct and efficient access to their attention while also being able to form a product more meaningful to them.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander