Practical short guide to leanmaxxing.

N

NattyMikeO

6f5 gymcelled mtn leanmaxxing to htn
Recently went from 17% down to 10.5% and I was 25% a year ago. I have learned a ton so Id like to give you guys a few bullet points that could help you out if you want to leanmaxx too.

MACROS AND CALS
1- The goal is to eat 12 cal per pound of bodyweight, example 2400 call if 200lbs, etc
2- You can start at 14 cal per pound for the first week in order to ease into the diet
3- 1-1.5g of protein per pound : really helps with hunger. I can eat 5000 cal of crap easy, but if I could never eat half of that if it was only protein.
4-0.5-0.7g of fat per pound, rest carbs. Low GI carb to reduce insulin spike(drives hunger) ; low GI carbs include fruits, oats, beans and pasta, amongst others.
5- lower protein to a minimum of 1g/lbs and increase carbs/healthy fats if you can't tolerate 1.5g protein.

CHEAP SOURCE OF PROTEIN
1- Lean cut of pork(filet/tenderloin)
2- ground beef (drain and rinse that shit), beef chuck and inside round.
3- Textured vegetable protein, cheapest 100g or protein on the market, looks like something a horse would eat. Mix it with beans, sauce, anything mushy.
4- cheap whey protein, normally called economy whey or whey concentrate, look for deals, great way to make sure you hit your protein target.

EXERCISE
1- Sounds obvious enough but I must insist, it makes things a lot easier. Eating at a 500 cal deficit while also burning 500 cal a day through exercise is a lot easier than just being in a 1000 cal deficit. If you don't do sport or train, go for a 30 min brisk walk a day, going up to 1 hour over time.

TRACKING
1- Make sure to track everything you eat, buy a scale and weight everything, write down your macros and calories for the day on an excel spreadsheet, every fawking day. But don't be a nazi, if you must go out, just be reasonable and try to eyeball the calories/macro of what you ate if the restaurant does not have nutrition facts.

SUPPLEMENTS

1-Vitamins: Obviously being vitamin deficient can lead to hunger, but being on top of every micro is not worth it if you are starting out. Just make sure to eat enough veggies, red meat and fruits. Magnesium can't hurt since pretty much everybody is deficient in it. Also d3 during winter if you live in a cuked frozen wasteland like me. But other than that just don't sweat it too much
2- Fat burners: Personally I take a AEC stack which stands for Aspirin-Ephedrine-Caffeine. I don't think you can buy these in one ready made formula, I buy them all separate and its dirt cheap. Plenty of studies have shown that it promotes weight loss while also being safe for long term use. It cuts hunger, gives you energy and is just an overall brilliant and easy to get stack for dieting. I like to take 25mg of ephedrine, 40mg of aspirin( half of a baby aspirin) and a coffee once or twice a day. You can skip the aspirin if you'd like, but it won't be as potent. And keep in mind that 40mg of aspirin is fuckall, a regular aspirin is close to 300mg. As far as other fat burner are concerned, there is l-carnitine that is pretty good, but AEC is good enough for me. Feel free to do your research, this industry is full of scam formulas that are not worth the money. The AEC stack is worth every penny.

Yep that is pretty much all there is to it. Weight loss can be annoying, but you owe it to yourself to see this shit through. Never say its over until you have reached 10% bf.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dicktator and 5.5psl
bookmarked, you think if i put my work i can get from 25 to like 15 in a couple months?

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
bookmarked, you think if i put my work i can get from 25 to like 15 in a couple months?
Yes, if you do 1h exercise 5 times a week and eat 12cal per lbs you should reach your goal within 4.5 months, a little under 7 months for 10%, which I think is a much more worthwhile goal. Nothing helped me more than going down to 10%. I am still cutting to reach 8%. After a while you really get used to it, the key is to eat tons of protein and take it one day at a time.

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
1-1.5g of protein per pound

Seriously, man. Who the hell can do this?? Most of your meals would consist of meat, egg whites, protein shakes, with little room for anything else. Unrealistic and unsustainable.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: hungryplayground175 and coispet

Seriously, man. Who the hell can do this?? Most of your meals would consist of meat, egg whites, protein shakes, with little room for anything else. Unrealistic and unsustainable.
Absolutely not, you would be eating 12 cal /lbs of total mass. Which means that you would be eating 33-50% of your calories as protein. Absolutely sustainable with careful planning, especially on the low end. Not only is it possible, but it makes leanmaxxing a lot easier.

I have no problem eating 300g of protein at 220lbs on 2200 cal/day, But that's more on the extreme side of things since I am at 10 cal/lbs. 1g/lbs at 12 cal/lbs is very manageable. Might require more planning than just ''eat less''. But you will feel a lot better than if you just eat a random diet and lower the portions.

Yes you only need around 0.5g of protein per pound usually

• +1
Reactions: hungryplayground175
Yes you only need around 0.5g of protein per pound usually
Question is not the amount you need. But the amount that makes leanmaxxing easier, protein will cut your hunger the more you eat them. Also 1g/lbs is the minimum, but still very decent, for muscle building.

0.5g is what your aunty needs. And no wonder she is fat.

Absolutely not, you would be eating 12 cal /lbs of total mass. Which means that you would be eating 33-50% of your calories as protein. Absolutely sustainable with careful planning, especially on the low end. Not only is it possible, but it makes leanmaxxing a lot easier.

I have no problem eating 300g of protein at 220lbs on 2200 cal/day, But that's more on the extreme side of things since I am at 10 cal/lbs. 1g/lbs at 12 cal/lbs is very manageable. Might require more planning than just ''eat less''. But you will feel a lot better than if you just eat a random diet and lower the portions.
I have trouble swallowing all that meat and egg whites, with just a few carbs and fat. Disgusting and unsustainable lifestyle.

I have trouble swallowing all that meat and egg whites, with just a few carbs and fat. Disgusting and unsustainable lifestyle.
bro, 1g/lbs in a 12cal/lbs deficit is 33% of your calories from protein. Its not just protein with few carbs and fats. lol wtf.

And yeah duh, getting lean is about being in a caloric deficit, it is not meant to be sustainable by definition. It as to end someday. At maintenance, 1g/lbs becomes 25% of your calories. If you can't manage that I don't know what to tell you. Dunno enough about you to say for sure. But you sound like someone looking for an excuse.

Eating raw meat

Recently went from 17% down to 10.5% and I was 25% a year ago. I have learned a ton so Id like to give you guys a few bullet points that could help you out if you want to leanmaxx too.

MACROS AND CALS
1- The goal is to eat 12 cal per pound of bodyweight, example 2400 call if 200lbs, etc
2- You can start at 14 cal per pound for the first week in order to ease into the diet
3- 1-1.5g of protein per pound : really helps with hunger. I can eat 5000 cal of crap easy, but if I could never eat half of that if it was only protein.
4-0.5-0.7g of fat per pound, rest carbs. Low GI carb to reduce insulin spike(drives hunger) ; low GI carbs include fruits, oats, beans and pasta, amongst others.
5- lower protein to a minimum of 1g/lbs and increase carbs/healthy fats if you can't tolerate 1.5g protein.

CHEAP SOURCE OF PROTEIN
1- Lean cut of pork(filet/tenderloin)
2- ground beef (drain and rinse that shit), beef chuck and inside round.
3- Textured vegetable protein, cheapest 100g or protein on the market, looks like something a horse would eat. Mix it with beans, sauce, anything mushy.
4- cheap whey protein, normally called economy whey or whey concentrate, look for deals, great way to make sure you hit your protein target.

EXERCISE
1- Sounds obvious enough but I must insist, it makes things a lot easier. Eating at a 500 cal deficit while also burning 500 cal a day through exercise is a lot easier than just being in a 1000 cal deficit. If you don't do sport or train, go for a 30 min brisk walk a day, going up to 1 hour over time.

TRACKING
1- Make sure to track everything you eat, buy a scale and weight everything, write down your macros and calories for the day on an excel spreadsheet, every fawking day. But don't be a nazi, if you must go out, just be reasonable and try to eyeball the calories/macro of what you ate if the restaurant does not have nutrition facts.

SUPPLEMENTS

1-Vitamins: Obviously being vitamin deficient can lead to hunger, but being on top of every micro is not worth it if you are starting out. Just make sure to eat enough veggies, red meat and fruits. Magnesium can't hurt since pretty much everybody is deficient in it. Also d3 during winter if you live in a cuked frozen wasteland like me. But other than that just don't sweat it too much
2- Fat burners: Personally I take a AEC stack which stands for Aspirin-Ephedrine-Caffeine. I don't think you can buy these in one ready made formula, I buy them all separate and its dirt cheap. Plenty of studies have shown that it promotes weight loss while also being safe for long term use. It cuts hunger, gives you energy and is just an overall brilliant and easy to get stack for dieting. I like to take 25mg of ephedrine, 40mg of aspirin( half of a baby aspirin) and a coffee once or twice a day. You can skip the aspirin if you'd like, but it won't be as potent. And keep in mind that 40mg of aspirin is fuckall, a regular aspirin is close to 300mg. As far as other fat burner are concerned, there is l-carnitine that is pretty good, but AEC is good enough for me. Feel free to do your research, this industry is full of scam formulas that are not worth the money. The AEC stack is worth every penny.

Yep that is pretty much all there is to it. Weight loss can be annoying, but you owe it to yourself to see this shit through. Never say its over until you have reached 10% bf.
Abuse caffeine

Eating raw meat
Yeah sure, if you can stomach to eat only raw meat, then you are gonna get lean that's for sure. Just a pretty big jump for most people.

I hear that whey concentrate causes bloat

if u wanna avoid it u should go for whey isolate instead

Good thread but dont know how to achieve it since i still have to eat school lunch you know

I hear that whey concentrate causes bloat

if u wanna avoid it u should go for whey isolate instead
depends on how tolerant you are to lactose, isolate has very little of it,

It might seem reasonable to eat that much protein in numerical terms, but in the real world, that translates into 3/4 of the volume of your plate consisting of protein. If you have tenacity of steel, maybe you can withstand this for a few months, but it's not viable long-term, even when you're trying to just maintain leanness. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

bro, 1g/lbs in a 12cal/lbs deficit is 33% of your calories from protein. Its not just protein with few carbs and fats. lol wtf.

And yeah duh, getting lean is about being in a caloric deficit, it is not meant to be sustainable by definition. It as to end someday. At maintenance, 1g/lbs becomes 25% of your calories. If you can't manage that I don't know what to tell you. Dunno enough about you to say for sure. But you sound like someone looking for an excuse.
It might seem reasonable to eat that much protein in numerical terms, but in the real world, that translates into 3/4 of the volume of your plate consisting of protein. If you have tenacity of steel, maybe you can withstand this for a few months, but it's not viable long-term, even when you're trying to just maintain leanness. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

-Cut out processed foods. Emphasize lean meats, green vegetables, whole grains, and berries.

-Keep gymcelling to prevent muscle loss.

-Get a lot of steps or otherwise get some movement in that doesn’t rev up your appetite.

• +1
Reactions: NattyMikeO
It's really not that bad, especially with protein powder. It does require some planning as the average diet contains less protein. But 1g/lbs is very managable. I have been eating that or more for a year and a half. 200g lean meat 3 times a day with 2 scoop of whey along with the proteins found in the other stuff I eat like bread, oats, etc. Puts me at 220g+. For the past week I have been eating 300g at 2200 cal/day and that I must admit is much harder. But it does make weight loss a LOT more easy. I don't care about planning my diet, I just don't want to be super hungry. Which a diet rich in protein and low glycemic index will do without fail.

The meds I take literally make me eat less ( it’s not prescribed for that reason ) it’s definitely possible just have to have motivation