Presentation ruined because of a USB cable

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Professor
I had a presentation to give this morning in thr group meeting today. It was a routine quality control meeting nothing special but this was the first time I was given the opportunity to present it. I had my presentation ready, rehearsed my points, but at the last minute, the projector wouldn’t connect to my laptop. Turns out, the cheap spare USB-C cable I bought only charges the device and doesn’t transfer video. There was an HDMI cable available, but my laptop doesn’t support that since it’s a newer model. I had to improvise for the next 20 minutes by sending the presentation over MS Teams and discussing it that way. My team leader seemed disappointed and mentioned that I should always carry a spare flash drive and a few dongles and adapters for situations like this—it’s basic corporate etiquette, apparently. Brutal

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: flippasav, NZb6Air, KaisenMaxxer and 9 others
That sucks man

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees
@SecularIslamist @SidharthTheSlayer @TechnoBoss

• +1
Reactions: Flowerpot, SidharthTheSlayer and TechnoBoss
Yeah I noticed how ethnics tend to be real cheapskates
but like
What they do to save money rarely makes much sense
They hoard plastic bags, for example, just... why? You can buy them bulk, it's not something you "collect"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Clqs, Flowerpot, SecularIslamist and 2 others
I had a presentation to give this morning in thr group meeting today. It was a regular quality control meeting nothing special but this was the first time I was given the opportunity to present it. I had my presentation ready. I had practiced the points that I had to say and at the end moment the project is not connecting to Mt laptop. Apparently the cheapo spare USB C cable that I had bought doesn't transfer video over cable and is only meant to charge the device. There was a HDMI cable but my laptop is one of those newer versions so ai couldnt use that either. I had to improvise for the next 20 minutes by sending the presentation on MS teams and then discussing it.
My team leader looked disappointed and told me whenever you give presentations you are supposed to carry a spare flash drive and a a few dongles for situations like this. Its basic corporate etiquettes apparently. Brutal.
That sucks dude. Worst part is that it makes you look unprofessional but really who would actually think of this shit happening?

You couldn't test the cable beforehand in some way?

• +1
Reactions: psychomandible and Jason Voorhees
That sucks dude. Worst part is that it makes you look unprofessional but really who would actually think of this shit happening?

You couldn't test the cable beforehand in some way?
I didn't bother to do that but I probably should have tbh.

• +1
Reactions: KaisenMaxxer and TechnoBoss
Yeah I noticed how ethnics tend to be real cheapskates
but like
What they do to save money rarely makes much sense
They hoard plastic bags, for example, just... why? You can buy them bulk, it's not something you "collect"
And you wonder why no one likes you

• +1
My team leader looked disappointed and told me whenever you give presentations you are supposed to carry a spare flash drive and a a few dongles for situations like this. Its basic corporate etiquettes apparently. Brutal.
Call him a low T nerd and ask why he didn’t have spare ones

• JFL
Reactions: Clqs, TechnoBoss and Jason Voorhees
That's upsetting, but atleast there is a lesson in this

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Jason Voorhees
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and psychomandible
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Jason Voorhees
You couldve just emailed it to yourself and opened it on another laptop

• +1
You couldve just emailed it to yourself and opened it on another laptop
No body had a laptop with a HDMI port. These type of ports seem to be extinct on laptops. hate how the only thing that laptops have these days are USB-C type ports

I destroy usb cable in school

• +1
@NZb6Air

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
draw on the board whatever u had then

stop buying cables from mumbai chor bazar :lul: