Probiotics and Gut Health - are they not given enough credits?

Deleted member 7901

Deleted member 7901

punch yourself 10000 times, remember wolf's law
I have did some research about probiotics and gut health and it seems like they are actually very significant,
they help with anxiety, depression, skin-health, weight loss and weight maintenance

and they seem to be are very helpful if you leanmaxx, in fact I think that they aren't given enough credit

"Lactobacillus fermentum or Lactobacillus amylovorus reduced body fat by 3–4% over a 6-week period"

"Another study of 125 overweight dieters investigated the effects of Lactobacillus rhamnosus supplements on weight loss and weight maintenance.
During a 3-month study period, the women taking the probiotics lost 50% more weight compared to the group taking a dummy pill (placebo). They also continued to lose weight during the weight maintenance phase of the study."

"(gasseri) What's more, belly fat was reduced by 8.5%. However, when participants stopped taking the probiotic, they gained back all of the belly fat within a month"

All of those probiotics reduced weight significantly with no dieting, the only issue I see is with the gasseri probiotic where the weight was gained back once the subjects stop taking them, the only question is if you can maintain the weight if you stop taking them and keep a good diet

another issue that I found is that probiotics rarely colonize your gut, so you need to always take them

I am aware that probiotics have been discussed here before but it doesn't seem to get recommended at all and maybe I am missing something,
I feel like having a chad's gut bacteria is a great way of chadmaxxing and might be a necessary step for some, and I am not even talking about taking probotics,
but eating foods which promote a healthy gut bacteria

any users here with experience taking probiotics? I am currently leanmaxxing and have ordered probiotics with all of the bacteria strings that help or promote weight loss

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15854, Deleted member 6400, Stare and 3 others
@Bewusst @Native

I need to fix my gut biome tbh, been on antibiotics for like 2 1/2 years now

It's only relevant if you have symptoms of dysbiosis. In which case, a fecal microbiome transplant from a healthy donor will completely solve it.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A and Good_Little_Goy
It's only relevant if you have symptoms of dysbiosis. In which case, a fecal microbiome transplant from a healthy donor will completely solve it.
but people who didn't have dysbiosis or any health problem also benefited from probiotics

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Eat Greek yogurt and Quark for dinner.

It's cope if you're not enhancing the gut-brain axis through use of oral BPC-157.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837, ThreadMatters and Good_Little_Goy
Instructions unclear. Broke into Barrets house to steal his shit. Am I going to become a model now?

• JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx and hopelessphoenix
From what I have read, gut biome is a very interesting field of research but as for now, beyond fecal transplantation there is nothing we normal people can do. Most buyable probiotics are cope. On top of that, because big Pharma can't make much money with researching probiotics, there will be no fast progression with research. Thanks capitalism.

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
I have did some research about probiotics and gut health and it seems like they are actually very significant,
they help with anxiety, depression, skin-health, weight loss and weight maintenance

and they seem to be are very helpful if you leanmaxx, in fact I think that they aren't given enough credit

"Lactobacillus fermentum or Lactobacillus amylovorus reduced body fat by 3–4% over a 6-week period"

"Another study of 125 overweight dieters investigated the effects of Lactobacillus rhamnosus supplements on weight loss and weight maintenance.
During a 3-month study period, the women taking the probiotics lost 50% more weight compared to the group taking a dummy pill (placebo). They also continued to lose weight during the weight maintenance phase of the study."

"(gasseri) What's more, belly fat was reduced by 8.5%. However, when participants stopped taking the probiotic, they gained back all of the belly fat within a month"

All of those probiotics reduced weight significantly with no dieting, the only issue I see is with the gasseri probiotic where the weight was gained back once the subjects stop taking them, the only question is if you can maintain the weight if you stop taking them and keep a good diet

another issue that I found is that probiotics rarely colonize your gut, so you need to always take them

I am aware that probiotics have been discussed here before but it doesn't seem to get recommended at all and maybe I am missing something,
I feel like having a chad's gut bacteria is a great way of chadmaxxing and might be a necessary step for some, and I am not even talking about taking probotics,
but eating foods which promote a healthy gut bacteria

any users here with experience taking probiotics? I am currently leanmaxxing and have ordered probiotics with all of the bacteria strings that help or promote weight loss
Can attest to this, recently not been working out as much and I'm still losing belly fat (taking a 100 billion cfu probiotic)

• +1
Reactions: JihadChad
From what I have read, gut biome is a very interesting field of research but as for now, beyond fecal transplantation there is nothing we normal people can do. Most buyable probiotics are cope. On top of that, because big Pharma can't make much money with researching probiotics, there will be no fast progression with research. Thanks capitalism.
Low-effortcel

The studies performed on probiotics use amounts that can be found in supplements, and higher dosages can be found in fermented foods such as kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi

Go hard or go home bruh

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel, JihadChad and Deleted member 6400
Low-effortcel

The studies performed on probiotics use amounts that can be found in supplements, and higher dosages can be found in fermented foods such as kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi

Go hard or go home bruh
As far as my research went, no available probiotics is really giving benefits. Maybe I am wrong, I didn't looked deep into it but I doubt that kefir and sauerkraut is gonna provide a substantial changes to either mental health or general body composition. If you got some good article or post, you can post it.

As far as my research went, no available probiotics is really giving benefits. Maybe I am wrong, I didn't looked deep into it but I doubt that kefir and sauerkraut is gonna provide a substantial changes to either mental health or general body composition. If you got some good article or post, you can post it.
You're on a thread that already contains ample evidence, you don't have to ascend bro dw about it

• JFL
Reactions: arabcelxxx and JihadChad
heard you talking about probiotics and keffir and shit in other threads
Probiotics, yes. Kefir, not that I remember.

But what exactly is your question?

• +1
Probiotics, yes. Kefir, not that I remember.

But what exactly is your question?
well thought you might be able to help OP out but was gonna ask you another time anyway:

What's the best way to recover my gut bacteria after antibiotics?

Probiotics look like they won't work.
I need a high-quality donor for my DIY FMT. Willing to pay thousands

Well, get off of antibiotics, obviously.

Gut flora reestablishes quite soon on its own once you get off antibiotics usually but it doesn’t hurt to take VSL#3 or a similar probiotic with colostrum.
My experience with probiotics has been that they do work but they seem to have a hard time actually colonizing the colon and staying there after you stop taking them.

Do you have any GI issues tho?

• +1
Well, get off of antibiotics, obviously.

Gut flora reestablishes quite soon on its own once you get off antibiotics usually but it doesn’t hurt to take VSL#3 or a similar probiotic with colostrum.
My experience with probiotics has been that they do work but they seem to have a hard time actually colonizing the colon and staying there after you stop taking them.

Do you have any GI issues tho?
Thanks, I've heard that whilst most of the flora recovers, there are still nine species that are missing.
Coming of antibiotics rn though

No GI issues that I know of

Thanks, I've heard that whilst most of the flora recovers, there are still nine species that are missing.
Coming of antibiotics rn though

No GI issues that I know of
You could start out with saccharomyces boulardii (a probiotic yeast).
You could also temporarily cut out gluten, wheat, carrageenan and dairy of your diet and supplement with zinc and vitamin A (always with D) to help your tight junctions repair themselves. If they have been compromised at all.

• +1
You could start out with saccharomyces boulardii (a probiotic yeast).
You could also temporarily cut out gluten, wheat, carrageenan and dairy of your diet and supplement with zinc and vitamin A (always with D) to help your tight junctions repair themselves. If they have been compromised at all.
Thank you man already taking zinc and a vit a provitamin
I will start taking probiotics too

Thank you man already taking zinc and a vit a provitamin
I will start taking probiotics too
Beta carotene isn‘t vitamin A. For that you could as well just eat carrots and sweet potatoes. I was referring to retinyl palmitate.

• +1
Basically improving the gut microbiome is useless unless the gut-brain axis is working properly. You can't get the mental benefits if the neurotransmitters in your gut aren't reaching the brain.

• +1
Reactions: ThreadMatters, Deleted member 6400 and Good_Little_Goy