Proof that muscles can improve your looks by a lot

Nobody looks like that irl, go to any gym and everyone will look like trash.

@JL~ Hi.

• Love it
Reactions: JL~
Octillionaire3

• JFL
Reactions: ConspiracyTheory, tyronelite and randomuser2407
What's your program and what's your strength for each exercise?
PPL

bench 45kg DBs for 10 reps
Smith machine shoulder press 80kg * 4
Pull ups 30kg+BW *9
Bicep barbell curl 40kg * 9
Smith machine squat 130kg * 5 but tbh not sure I go deep enough
Dips 35kg+BW *10

this might be scripted, but if not then lifefuel, im getting ripped this summer after school :p

Bench Press with 100 lb dumbbells is intermediate level so you must have a decent chest.
Barbell Bicep Curl with 88 lbs is still beginner level
For the dips and pull ups that is late beginner level.

Smith machine strength doesn't count, try doing it with a barbell instead for your squats and overhead press.

If you don't squat in front of a mirror, and if you don't squat below parallel, then you're most likely not going deep enough.

If you want to have an above average physique and look like you lift, you need to do (for 5 reps) a 135 lb overhead press, a 225 lb bench press, a 315 lb squat, and a 405 lb deadlift. This is known as the intermediate level.

And if you want an impressive physique, you need to be able to do a 100 lb weighted chin up, a 200 lb overhead press, a 300 lb bench press, a 405 lb squat and a 500 lb deadlift (for 1 rep max). This is known as the advanced level.

To reach the intermediate level faster, you need to use either an upper lower program or a full body program.

To reach the advanced level faster, you need to use a periodized program like Madcow's 5x5, the texas method or concurrent periodization, otherwise you will be stuck at the intermediate level.

The novice program that I am using right now is this one:

Upper:

Overhead Press 4x6-10
Yates Rows 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x6-10
Barbell Curls 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats 4x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

As for the pattern, this is what I do:

Day 1: Upper
Day 2: Lower
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Upper
Day 5: Lower
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

And repeat.

As for nutrition, I use a 300 calorie surplus to bulk slowly to recover faster and make better progress.

As of right now, these are my strength numbers after 1 month of consistent training:

Barbell Skullcrushers 55 lbs for 10 reps
Barbell Bicep Curls 70 lbs for 7 reps
Overhead Press 82.5 lbs for 8 reps
Bench Press 107.5 lbs for 7 reps
Yates Rows 140 lbs for 7 reps
Squats 155 lbs for 8 reps
Deadlifts 220 lbs for 8 reps

Of course, I still don't look very muscular, because I haven't reached the intermediate level yet, but my triceps have gotten noticeably bigger from the increase in strength from 30 to 55 lbs.

• Love it
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
Bench Press with 100 lb dumbbells is intermediate level so you must have a decent chest.
Barbell Bicep Curl with 88 lbs is still beginner level
For the dips and pull ups that is late beginner level.

Smith machine strength doesn't count, try doing it with a barbell instead for your squats and overhead press.

If you don't squat in front of a mirror, and if you don't squat below parallel, then you're most likely not going deep enough.

If you want to have an above average physique and look like you lift, you need to do (for 5 reps) a 135 lb overhead press, a 225 lb bench press, a 315 lb squat, and a 405 lb deadlift. This is known as the intermediate level.

And if you want an impressive physique, you need to be able to do a 100 lb weighted chin up, a 200 lb overhead press, a 300 lb bench press, a 405 lb squat and a 500 lb deadlift (for 1 rep max). This is known as the advanced level.

To reach the intermediate level faster, you need to use either an upper lower program or a full body program.

To reach the advanced level faster, you need to use a periodized program like Madcow's 5x5, the texas method or concurrent periodization, otherwise you will be stuck at the intermediate level.

The novice program that I am using right now is this one:

Upper:

Overhead Press 4x6-10
Yates Rows 4x6-10
Bench Press 4x6-10
Skullcrushers 3x6-10
Barbell Curls 3x6-10

Lower:

Squats 4x6-10
Deadlifts 3x6-10

As for the pattern, this is what I do:

Day 1: Upper
Day 2: Lower
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Upper
Day 5: Lower
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

And repeat.

As for nutrition, I use a 300 calorie surplus to bulk slowly to recover faster and make better progress.

As of right now, these are my strength numbers after 1 month of consistent training:

Barbell Skullcrushers 55 lbs for 10 reps
Barbell Bicep Curls 70 lbs for 7 reps
Overhead Press 82.5 lbs for 8 reps
Bench Press 107.5 lbs for 7 reps
Yates Rows 140 lbs for 7 reps
Squats 155 lbs for 8 reps
Deadlifts 220 lbs for 8 reps

Of course, I still don't look very muscular, because I haven't reached the intermediate level yet, but my triceps have gotten noticeably bigger from the increase in strength from 30 to 55 lbs.
what?!

No way is my pull up beginner level- I literally never see anyone do as many reps with that much weight, my chest is hgih end intermediate but I agree biceps are shit

Im not taking advice from someone significantly weaker than me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and 5'8manlet
  • JFL
Reactions: randomuser2407
You need good muscle insertions to look good. My pec insertions are actually rope tier, large gap with striations. Extremely depressing knowing I will never have a good physique ever no matter what

• +1
Reactions: chinpilled69
what?!

No way is my pull up beginner level- I literally never see anyone do as many reps with that much weight, my chest is hgih end intermediate but I agree biceps are shit

Im not taking advice from someone significantly weaker than me
Yes, I made a mistake, your pull up strength is advanced.

But your bench press strength is intermediate at best, because 100 lb dumbbells is the equivalent of a 225 lb bench press, and even then, you haven't shown videos so there is no way for me to know if you are even doing it properly, and you haven't shown photos of your physique.

You claim that you are strong but look like a DYEL but like I said, that is impossible, you are strong on the pull up so you must have decent lats, but that is your main strength. For bench press, you are intermediate but for the rest, you are still a beginner, so you could make much faster progress, by focusing on the curl, skullcrusher, squat, deadlift, overhead press and row.

Your bench press will need a periodized system to progress towards 315 lbs and it is normal for your pull up strength to progress very slowly.

You need good muscle insertions to look good. My pec insertions are actually rope tier, large gap with striations. Extremely depressing knowing I will never have a good physique ever no matter what
Show pictures because I highly doubt that.

Yes, I made a mistake, your pull up strength is advanced.

But your bench press strength is intermediate at best, because 100 lb dumbbells is the equivalent of a 225 lb bench press, and even then, you haven't shown videos so there is no way for me to know if you are even doing it properly, and you haven't shown photos of your physique.

You claim that you are strong but look like a DYEL but like I said, that is impossible, you are strong on the pull up so you must have decent lats, but that is your main strength. For bench press, you are intermediate but for the rest, you are still a beginner, so you could make much faster progress, by focusing on the curl, skullcrusher, squat, deadlift, overhead press and row.

Your bench press will need a periodized system to progress towards 315 lbs and it is normal for your pull up strength to progress very slowly.
100lbs DB for 10 reps not jsut one- also scroll up I posted it iTT ^

I dont bench with a barbell because its terrible for shoulder injuries, and OHP and squats are risky for lower back so easier to just train in smith machine

HEIGHT
Proves tall incels should definitely gymmaxx tho

Massive overbite.

100lbs DB for 10 reps not jsut one- also scroll up I posted it iTT ^
You actually look like you lift, I don't know why you say that you're tiny.

It's normal to not look huge if you're a natural lifter, especially since you haven't been doing it for 10 years.

These are realistic expectations for someone who has been training for 10 years the right way:

Alex 10percent
Omar Isuf today

And for 3 years of training:

Arrow the climb 0153b 114471 1
Maxresdefault 2
Omarisuf 3 year

Also, when you are natural, your muscles look much smaller when you are lean than when you are at a higher body fat percentage.

And like I said, it's not enough to get strong at just 1 compound movement to look like you lift, you need to get strong at 5 compound movements and also some isolation exercises, which you haven't done yet. So yes, maybe you're advanced on the bench press and the pull up, but on all the other exercises, you are not, so of course, you won't look huge.

Also, just because you can dumbbell bench press 100 lbs in each hand for 10 reps doesn't mean you can bench press 315 lbs for reps, so if you can reach that level, your chest will get even bigger, it won't take you 5 years to get there, if you do it properly. Most guys who train right can do it in 2 years from a 225 lb bench press for 5 reps.

You actually look like you lift, I don't know why you say that you're tiny.

It's normal to not look huge if you're a natural lifter, especially since you haven't been doing it for 10 years.

These are realistic expectations for someone who has been training for 10 years the right way:

View attachment 1567036View attachment 1567038

And for 3 years of training:

View attachment 1567041View attachment 1567042View attachment 1567044

Also, when you are natural, your muscles look much smaller when you are lean than when you are at a higher body fat percentage.

And like I said, it's not enough to get strong at just 1 compound movement to look like you lift, you need to get strong at 5 compound movements and also some isolation exercises, which you haven't done yet. So yes, maybe you're advanced on the bench press and the pull up, but on all the other exercises, you are not, so of course, you won't look huge.

Also, just because you can dumbbell bench press 100 lbs in each hand for 10 reps doesn't mean you can bench press 315 lbs for reps, so if you can reach that level, your chest will get even bigger, it won't take you 5 years to get there, if you do it properly. Most guys who train right can do it in 2 years from a 225 lb bench press for 5 reps.
yeah I need to get stronger on curls and shoulder press mainly

yeah I need to get stronger on curls and shoulder press mainly
Yes and squat and deadlift, unless you are fine with having chicken legs, a flat ass, and small forearms.
And get stronger at barbell bent over rows for thicker back.

The deadlift will give you big glutes, a thick lower back and upper back, big traps, big hamstrings and big forearms.

The high bar back squat will give you bigger quads mainly

The best way to get bigger forearms is to get strong at deadlifts, barbell bent over rows, barbell curls, reverse curls and farmer's walks.

I’ve been gymcelling for years and I’m still tiny - please help
Buy this book, stick to the program. In three cycles (6 months each so 1.5 years) you'll look good at the beach. Do a few more and you'll look like you lift in clothes.

518IJ0wzFTL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Cope

Its not that he is gymcelled, its that he is LEAN

They would never like a bulky fat version with muscles

Is that South Korea?

• +1
Reactions: Tropical Tyrone
Yes and squat and deadlift, unless you are fine with having chicken legs, a flat ass, and small forearms.
And get stronger at barbell bent over rows for thicker back.

The deadlift will give you big glutes, a thick lower back and upper back, big traps, big hamstrings and big forearms.

The high bar back squat will give you bigger quads mainly

The best way to get bigger forearms is to get strong at deadlifts, barbell bent over rows, barbell curls, reverse curls and farmer's walks.
forearms are good already and idc about legs really

forearms are good already and idc about legs really
The deadlift trains the upper back, traps and lower back in a way that no other exercise can replicate.

Also, if you never train your legs, then you will have chicken legs and you will look small whenever you wear shorts or swim trunks or when you're naked.

You don't have to focus on the legs as much, just training them hard for 1 year should be enough and then you can just maintain.
Just aim for a 315 lb squat for decent quads.

The deadlift trains the upper back, traps and lower back in a way that no other exercise can replicate.

Also, if you never train your legs, then you will have chicken legs and you will look small whenever you wear shorts or swim trunks or when you're naked.

You don't have to focus on the legs as much, just training them hard for 1 year should be enough and then you can just maintain.
Just aim for a 315 lb squat for decent quads.
Yeah I do squats for legs and that’s it.

I do want to them to grow a bit but personally they’re lower priority that other muscles

Idk maybe I'm just a coper,but from I what I see ,women these days don't seem to give a shit about muscles,maybe like 10 years ago it was stunning for them to see a shredded guy and be impressed because of how niche bodybuilding was,but today many guys are in decent shape and it has inflated the value of having a good physique i.e. its not seen as something special or impressive anymore.

When something becomes too common it eventually loses its appeal/value,thats how trends work.Today because of TikTok,most of the emphasis has now shifted to height and above the neck.10 years from now I wonder what the new genetic requirement for men will be :feelsgood:
partly wrong, the average women and men are fatter now then ever before, what changed is dating apps and social media, now the smaller pool of fit healthy people are being shown more on dating apps and social media. Mainly women don't need to compromise for a good looking face or body, they can get both with a dating app swipe, or dm any attractive man in their city or near by state.

• +1
Reactions: ConspiracyTheory
Yeah I do squats for legs and that’s it.

I do want to them to grow a bit but personally they’re lower priority that other muscles
Deadlifts are more useful, because they build the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, upper back, traps and forearms.

High bar squats only train the quads.

So you need both or at least just deadlifts.

Deadlifts are more useful, because they build the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, upper back, traps and forearms.

High bar squats only train the quads.

So you need both or at least just deadlifts.
I dont do any excercises that carry significatn injury risk tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
I dont do any excercises that carry significatn injury risk tbh
The deadlift isn't a high risk exercise, you just need to do it properly by pulling with the right muscles.

To do this, simply learn the 5 step deadlift method from Starting Strength by watching this video:

Step 1: Middle of feet lined up under the bar with toes pointing outwards
Step 2: Bend over and place your hands on the barbell
Step 3: Bring your shins to the barbell
Step 4: Squeeze your chest out (feel heavy in your hands) and drive your knees out against your elbows without sitting your hips down
Step 5: Drag the barbell up your body (do not let the barbell swing out in front of your body)

Finish by standing tall with your chest out, your knees and hips should be locked out.

To tell you the truth, I have never gotten injured while deadlifting but I did get injured doing squats in the past, so the squat is actually as risky if you use bad technique.

By using that amazing deadlift technique, I have managed to deadlift 225 lbs for 8 reps yesterday, and I add 10 lbs to my deadlift every week.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
The deadlift isn't a high risk exercise, you just need to do it properly by pulling with the right muscles.

To do this, simply learn the 5 step deadlift method from Starting Strength by watching this video:

Step 4: Squeeze your chest out (feel heavy in your hands) and drive your knees out against your elbows without sitting your hips down
Step 5: Drag the barbell up your body (do not let the barbell swing out in front of your body)

Finish by standing tall with your chest out, your knees and hips should be locked out.

To tell you the truth, I have never gotten injured while deadlifting but I did get injured doing squats in the past, so the squat is actually as risky if you use bad technique.

By using that amazing deadlift technique, I have managed to deadlift 225 lbs for 8 reps yesterday, and I add 10 lbs to my deadlift every week.

sorry but its a lot harder to maintain good form when you start moving bigger weights

and i squat in the smith machine

• JFL
Reactions: randomuser2407
Lmao, who cares? Unless he fucked them this means nothing. Not many dudes in those Eastern Asian countries lift, so seeing a big lean shredded asian would be a rarity over there.

Here in the States lifting dosent mean shit. Almost every dude goes to the gym. Muscles mean nothing over here to woman if you're ugly. Theres plenty of other dudes who facially mog and lift for them to pick from.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530 and ConspiracyTheory
sorry but its a lot harder to maintain good form when you start moving bigger weights

and i squat in the smith machine
You have no idea what you are talking about. Good technique is learned by starting with low weights.

I started deadlifting with an empty barbell in order to learn proper form. Also, if you make mistakes but you started light, you won't get injured. And if you focus on form and not ego lifting, when you reach 225 lbs, your technique will be so good that it will never break because it will become completely automatic, I don't even have to think about those 5 steps anymore, and I can move the barbell to where I want it to be and I still have good technique, but it took me a long time to get there.

As for the squat, I started with an empty bar and I fell backwards the first time so I had to build my balance with low bar squats but by using light weight and building strength over time, I managed to reach a 170 lb low bar squat for 5 reps, and then I moved to high bar because it was more comfortable for me, and yesterday I did a high bar squat of 160 lbs for 7 reps.

Smith machine squats don't count and they don't even build the abs so they are a waste of time, you're better off doing leg press if you are too much of a pussy to squat for real.

It's better to lift less weight and do the real time tested effective exercises than to ego lift while doing partials on a machine, because what matters is results, not how much you can lift, but how much progress you are making.

By getting my squat from 45 lbs to 160 lbs, my quads gained some size and my legs are noticeably bigger now because of this, but I still have a long way to go to have big legs because I am a tall guy. My height is the main reason why I struggled with squats.

You will only get injured if you egolift, but if you use proper technique and you start light to learn the movement pattern, you will never use bad technique accidentally because your instinct will tell you to do the exercise the right way or simply fail the lift instead.

Bruh how long u been lifting again?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Good technique is learned by starting with low weights.

I started deadlifting with an empty barbell in order to learn proper form. Also, if you make mistakes but you started light, you won't get injured. And if you focus on form and not ego lifting, when you reach 225 lbs, your technique will be so good that it will never break because it will become completely automatic, I don't even have to think about those 5 steps anymore, and I can move the barbell to where I want it to be and I still have good technique, but it took me a long time to get there.

As for the squat, I started with an empty bar and I fell backwards the first time so I had to build my balance with low bar squats but by using light weight and building strength over time, I managed to reach a 170 lb low bar squat for 5 reps, and then I moved to high bar because it was more comfortable for me, and yesterday I did a high bar squat of 160 lbs for 7 reps.

Smith machine squats don't count and they don't even build the abs so they are a waste of time, you're better off doing leg press if you are too much of a pussy to squat for real.

It's better to lift less weight and do the real time tested effective exercises than to ego lift while doing partials on a machine, because what matters is results, not how much you can lift, but how much progress you are making.

By getting my squat from 45 lbs to 160 lbs, my quads gained some size and my legs are noticeably bigger now because of this, but I still have a long way to go to have big legs because I am a tall guy. My height is the main reason why I struggled with squats.

You will only get injured if you egolift, but if you use proper technique and you start light to learn the movement pattern, you will never use bad technique accidentally because your instinct will tell you to do the exercise the right way or simply fail the lift instead.
smith machine squats arent a waste of time- you can just do abs seperately.

Id do leg press but my gym doesnt actually have the machine

this man dishing out advice with his 225lb deadliff........

Yes deadlifts are an injury risk- you can so oh not if you do good form theyre not

But the whole point is its a very technical excercise to execute with perfect form as the weight geta higher (something he wouldnt know about since hes so weak).

Anecdotally the I reckon about half the gym inuries ive heard of happening were from deadlifting, some from barbell benching as well and a few from squats.

Dont think ive ever heard someone get injured on anything else though

I started in 2016 but I wasn't consistent for the most part. My main problem was that I wasn't patient and I thought that I should be getting results faster. If I had stayed consistent from 2016 to 2018, I would already have a muscular ripped physique, but I took long breaks which always made me start over from the beginning.

Now, I have managed to stay consistent on a 4 days per week training program for the entire month of February, and that was after spending 2021 just training 1 time every 2 weeks or so. What really helped me to stay consistent is when I quit taking my ADHD medication, that is what gave me the motivation I needed to train again and it allowed me to get 8 hours of sleep per night even when I needed to wake up at 7 AM.

Also, I realized that bulking is only necessary for those who are really skinny, so I have started to cut and I still manage to make as much progress as before, which means that in June I will be leaner and more muscular.

What helped me a lot also is that my years of experience in the gym have allowed me to perfect my technique for every compound movement which has maximized my progress in the gym.

What also helped me to stay more consistent is that I now have a home gym since December 2020, so I don't have to go to a commercial gym to make gains, I just need to go to my garage so it's a lot more convenient, and I can put my own music on speakers and I can deadlift without being harassed by gym staff and I don't have to share equipment with other people, so my workouts are quick. I only train for a total of 6 hours per week and most of that time is spent resting and I manage to make a lot of progress workout to workout.

Here is the progress that I have made in the past month:

Sunday January 30th 2022 (Upper):

Yates Rows: 11 + 11 + 10: 110 lbs
Overhead Press: 8 + 8 + 8: 70 lbs
Paused Bench: 9 + 9 + 7: 90 lbs
Skullcrusher: 12 + 12: 40 lbs
Barbell Curls: 12 + 12: 55 lbs

Tuesday February 1st 2022 (Lower):

Squats: 9 + 8 + 9: 125 lbs
Deadlifts: 8 + 8 + 8: 185 lbs

Sunday February 27th 2022 (Upper):

Overhead Press: 6 + 6 + 6 + 6: 85 lbs
Yates Rows: 8 + 8 + 8 + 7: 140 lbs
Paused Bench: 7 + 7 + 6 + 6: 107.5 lbs
Skullcrushers: 10 + 9 + 8: 57.5 lbs
Barbell Curls: 7 + 6 + 6: 70 lbs

Monday February 28th 2022 (Lower):

Squats: 7 + 6 + 7 + 5: 160 lbs
Deadlifts: 8 + 7 + 6: 225 lbs

So, in 1 month, this is the progress that I made:

+15 lbs to my curls
+15 lbs to my overhead press
+17.5 lbs to my skullcrushers
+17.5 lbs to my bench press
+30 lbs to my yates rows
+35 lbs to my squat
+40 lbs to my deadlift

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
smith machine squats arent a waste of time- you can just do abs seperately.

Id do leg press but my gym doesnt actually have the machine
You're far more likely to get injured on a smith machine than if you did squats the normal way.

Also, doing a bunch of calisthenics ab exercises where you don't use any weight isn't the same as squatting 315 lbs for reps with your abs being used to stabilize that amount of weight. That is why when people claim that squats and deadlifts aren't enough for building abs, they have no idea what they are talking about. Unless you are going to do weighted planks with proper form and work your way up to 5 plates on your back, you're not going to be doing effective ab isolation work, so you're just fooling yourself at this point.

A lot of you believe that the celebrities like Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are only crushed on for their good looking face, but if that was really the case, then they would be crushing on guys like Timothée Chalamet instead. But most of them seem to prefer muscular ripped guys, which is why Magic Mike XXL was such a success and most of the audience were women (some with their boyfriend).

The average man is not able to comprehend the fact that women love muscles, because most women lie about it to their face, and they believe them.

Most men are unaware of the importance of muscles for attracting women and when I point it out to them, they are in denial, which is just sad, because they will willingly become cuckolds instead of just putting in a few years of hard work in the gym to have many years of success with women in their youth and beyond.

Women have a dual mating strategy. They marry rich men but have sex with dominant good looking muscular confident men. But, women like men who have a hollywood physique, like Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans, most of them aren't really into the pro-bodybuilder look.

Insanely legit

I've been catcalled a few times from girls driving past in cars when I walk to the beach with no shirt on in the summer. Even caught some bitch taking a pic

Even with a shirt on, I've been cold approached in clubs with girls saying nothing but coming over just to squeeze my arms and chest

• +1
Reactions: ChickenAndRiceBrah and randomuser2407
Insanely legit

I've been catcalled a few times from girls driving past in cars when I walk to the beach with no shirt on in the summer. Even caught some bitch taking a pic

Even with a shirt on, I've been cold approached in clubs with girls saying nothing but coming over just to squeeze my arms and chest
lifefuel- are you natty? Never happened to me

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: ChickenAndRiceBrah, Deleted member 16530, tyronelite and 1 other person
Any
this man dishing out advice with his 225lb deadliff........

Yes deadlifts are an injury risk- you can so oh not if you do good form theyre not

But the whole point is its a very technical excercise to execute with perfect form as the weight geta higher (something he wouldnt know about since hes so weak).

Anecdotally the I reckon about half the gym inuries ive heard of happening were from deadlifting, some from barbell benching as well and a few from squats.

Dont think ive ever heard someone get injured on anything else though
Nice work

You're far more likely to get injured on a smith machine than if you did squats the normal way.

Also, doing a bunch of calisthenics ab exercises where you don't use any weight isn't the same as squatting 315 lbs for reps with your abs being used to stabilize that amount of weight. That is why when people claim that squats and deadlifts aren't enough for building abs, they have no idea what they are talking about. Unless you are going to do weighted planks with proper form and work your way up to 5 plates on your back, you're not going to be doing effective ab isolation work, so you're just fooling yourself at this point.
Why ,squat machine squats seem safer. I've progresed very fast on Smith in a way I couldn't have with free weights squat and there's a lot of carryover benefit

Why ,squat machine squats seem safer. I've progresed very fast on Smith in a way I couldn't have with free weights squat and there's a lot of carryover benefit