Proposal to Ban 'DNR' Responses That Undermine Intellectual Engagement on Looksmax.org

Spiritualcell

Spiritualcell

Very spiritual

Introduction:​

Hello respected moderators and fellow members,

I'd like to draw attention to an increasing trend that is affecting the quality of discussions on our forum: the use of 'DNR' (Did Not Read) comments and similar dismissive responses. These comments are not only disrespectful to those who put effort into creating high-quality threads but also promote intellectual laziness and an unhealthy competition for 'reacts'.

Problem Analysis:​

Encouraging Intellectual Laziness​

A 'DNR' response essentially glorifies the idea that not reading or engaging with a comprehensive post is something to be proud of. Such responses discourage users from investing time and cognitive effort in understanding and discussing complex topics, essentially promoting a culture of intellectual laziness.

Undermining Quality for 'Reacts'​

The trend also affects the forum's reputation as a place for meaningful discussion. It appears that some members use 'DNR' comments to humorously dismiss high-effort posts, often reaping 'reacts' as a result. This has the dual effect of demeaning the original poster's efforts and encouraging more 'DNR' comments, thereby undermining the overall quality of discourse.

Proposed Solutions:​

1. Issue Warnings: The moderators should issue warnings to users who post 'DNR' and similar comments on high-effort threads.
  2. Temporary Bans: If the behavior persists, a temporary ban could be the next step to demonstrate that such conduct won't be tolerated.
  3. Public Announcement: A stickied post or an announcement that clarifies the forum's stance on 'DNR' comments would help set the tone for future discussions.

Benefits of Implementing the Solution:​

Putting these measures into place will benefit the community by:

• Encouraging meaningful and intelligent discussion.
  • Enhancing the forum's reputation as a place for thoughtful debate and high-quality content.
  • Reducing the toxic competition for 'reacts' that devalues meaningful interaction.

Conclusion:​

For the sake of fostering a more intellectually engaging and respectful environment, I strongly urge the moderators and community members to consider these proposals seriously. We owe it to ourselves and the future of this forum to maintain and elevate the standard of discussion here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this proposal. I'll be stepping away from posting for some time, as I need to focus on my goals and this forum has been diverting my attention. I'll return when the time is right.

@TRUE_CEL
@Lorsss
@Preston
@Chad1212
@Kingkellz
@NumbThePain
@Gargantuan
@garoupilled_
@tyronelite
@emeraldglass
@AscendingHero
@0hMan
@enchanted_elixir
@SLA
@Alexanderr

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: TechnoBoss, leveruis, pneumocystosis and 22 others
Yes, this is something that’s been addressed before and responded to favorably by the admin(s).

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, pneumocystosis, Lefty Rankin and 7 others
Dnrd read but will read after school is over

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Itsjoeverlol, vaninskybird, kebab and 6 others
Not reading alllat

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, vaninskybird, kebab and 6 others
People on this site are so immature and annoying it’s unreal

“DN RD bro”
Pop Art Laughing GIF by Xinanimodelacra

Utter retards

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2832, pneumocystosis, Kristin and 7 others
@Spiͯriͯtualcel I am serious though

• Love it
Reactions: Spiritualcell
DNR

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21403
shut the fuck up

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2832
not a particle

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: vaninskybird, Deleted member 26859, Tabula Rasa and 6 others
@Spiͯriͯtualcel I am serious though
It took me just half a minute to read through my own post. Is it really too much to ask for you to read it before responding multiple times? I genuinely can't comprehend why people struggle with reading longer posts. Even though I'm on prescribed stimulants to combat severe motivational issues, I still manage to both read and write extensive posts without any trouble. What frustrates me is the lack of intellectual engagement on this forum.

On forums like KiwiFarms, for instance, people engage in thoughtful, essay-length discussions without resorting to "Did Not Read" responses. The members also all have salludon tier reaction-to-reputation ratios. You can see for yourself here: https://kiwifarms.st/

Imagine if the community here was as engaged and insightful as the KiwiFarms forum; we'd all benefit from in-depth guides and a flourishing forum. It would be a utopia of meaningful discussion.

Reac

Yes, this is something that’s been addressed before and responded to favorably by the admin(s).
What's required is proactive intervention from the moderators. Inactivity and contemplation won't solve the issue.

People on this site are so immature and annoying it’s unreal

“DN RD bro”
Pop Art Laughing GIF by Xinanimodelacra

Utter retards
It's been like this for years, and It's only getting worse with the recent tik tok invasion.

shut the fuck up
Makhachev proving why he's one of the worst members on this forum.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and chaddyboi66
What's required is proactive intervention from the moderators. Inactivity and contemplation won't solve the issue.
Reporting such posts would lead to infractions and removal of said posts. Therefore as a community we should strive to work together.

• Love it
It took me just half a minute to read through my own post. Is it really too much to ask for you to read it before responding multiple times? I genuinely can't comprehend why people struggle with reading longer posts. Even though I'm on prescribed stimulants to combat severe motivational issues, I still manage to both read and write extensive posts without any trouble. What frustrates me is the lack of intellectual engagement on this forum.

On forums like KiwiFarms, for instance, people engage in thoughtful, essay-length discussions without resorting to "Did Not Read" responses. The members also all have salludon tier reaction-to-reputation ratios. You can see for yourself here: https://kiwifarms.st/

Imagine if the community here was as engaged and insightful as the KiwiFarms forum; we'd all benefit from in-depth guides and a flourishing forum. It would be a utopia of meaningful discussion.

View attachment 2417156

It's been like this for years, and It's only getting worse with the recent tik tok invasion.

Makhachev proving why he's one of the worst members on this forum.
kys monkey

• So Sad
Not a molecule

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28117 and Spiritualcell
Ban agecucks

• Hmm...
Reporting such posts would lead to infractions and removal of said posts. Therefore as a community we should strive to work together.
I'm unable to understand. Are you indicating that you plan to put this proposal into action?

kys monkey
How rude!

Ban agecucks
I think people should be able to express different views. Both JB and milf enjoyers should be allowed to express their views.

Not a molecule
not a wave
not a particle
Not reading alllat
Wow, bravo! You've all churned out the same tired joke like a factory line of uninspired NPCs. Maybe it's time to hit that 'Delete Account' button, because clearly, you're offering zero value to this forum.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss and Deleted member 26859
I'm unable to understand. Are you indicating that you plan to put this proposal into action?

How rude!

I think people should be able to express different views. Both JB and milf enjoyers should be allowed to express their views.

Wow, bravo! You've all churned out the same tired joke like a factory line of uninspired NPCs. Maybe it's time to hit that 'Delete Account' button, because clearly, you're offering zero value to this forum.
Lmao its actually the people who offer zero value that get DNR comments. Someone is offended their little threads arent getting incel appreciation

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell and Debetro
Lmao its actually the people who offer zero value that get DNR comments. Someone is offended their little threads arent getting incel appreciation
Do you even have a single thread to your name that adds anything worthwhile to this forum? I could easily list a dozen of mine. There are also plenty of high-value threads that get slapped with a 'DNR,' Here's some:

So go ahead, show me your 'contribution,' if you can even call it that.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Yes, the staff members were informed about this before and they agreed action should be taken. I’m not sure when this is gonna be a part of the official rules, but we shall see.

• Love it

I'd like to draw attention to an increasing trend that is affecting the quality of discussions on our forum: the use of 'DNR' (Did Not Read) comments and similar dismissive responses. These comments are not only disrespectful to those who put effort into creating high-quality threads but also promote intellectual laziness and an unhealthy competition for 'reacts'.

A 'DNR' response essentially glorifies the idea that not reading or engaging with a comprehensive post is something to be proud of. Such responses discourage users from investing time and cognitive effort in understanding and discussing complex topics, essentially promoting a culture of intellectual laziness.

The trend also affects the forum's reputation as a place for meaningful discussion. It appears that some members use 'DNR' comments to humorously dismiss high-effort posts, often reaping 'reacts' as a result. This has the dual effect of demeaning the original poster's efforts and encouraging more 'DNR' comments, thereby undermining the overall quality of discourse.

1. Issue Warnings: The moderators should issue warnings to users who post 'DNR' and similar comments on high-effort threads.
  2. Temporary Bans: If the behavior persists, a temporary ban could be the next step to demonstrate that such conduct won't be tolerated.
  3. Public Announcement: A stickied post or an announcement that clarifies the forum's stance on 'DNR' comments would help set the tone for future discussions.

• Enhancing the forum's reputation as a place for thoughtful debate and high-quality content.
  • Reducing the toxic competition for 'reacts' that devalues meaningful interaction.

For the sake of fostering a more intellectually engaging and respectful environment, I strongly urge the moderators and community members to consider these proposals seriously. We owe it to ourselves and the future of this forum to maintain and elevate the standard of discussion here.

Thank you for taking the time to read this proposal. I'll be stepping away from posting for some time, as I need to focus on my goals and this forum has been diverting my attention. I'll return when the time is right.

@TRUE_CEL
@Lorsss
@Preston
@Chad1212
@Kingkellz
@NumbThePain
@Gargantuan
@garoupilled_
@tyronelite
@emeraldglass
@AscendingHero
@0hMan
@enchanted_elixir
@SLA
@Alexanderr
Not a molecule

• So Sad
“Dnrd but still clicked and commented because I need attention.”

• So Sad
dnrd
Images 8
X1efb7
2595216 IMG 20211027 223450
Images 7
Images 6
Images 5
3270511 IMG 20230128 205852
2537105 IMG 20210907 230149
Images 3
2562470 1633037196736
Download 5
2562309 IMG 20210930 185558
3137555 0345B6DE 3876 4FC4 B681 31BF291DD340
Download 4
CR2dsvFl
Download 3
Download 2
2548347 IMG 20210920 194603
Download 1
2631077 2629474 IMG 20211020 150313
Download
Images 2
Images 1
TgoQ6myl
Images

• So Sad
i read allat not like these other faggs

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: kwacker777 and Spiritualcell
Not a big deal tbh. I get a lot of dnrd comments but to be honest they probably do read my shit. Its just a way for them to be funny or have fun, which does eventually cause a small issue.

But regardless the act of sensorship to commenting dnrd would create a disturbing precedent. Basically the act of mods being able to censor comment types. I can get limiting spam, illegal activities etc. but trolling or short jokes? A little bit too far, considering this forum has more harmful subjects and Posts aside from minor trolling

• +1
  • JFL
Are you sure you want to rot intertwined with hundreds of thousands of meaningless paragraphs and messages and find a small fraction of it viable to your looksmaxxing, instead of skipping all of that info straight to the point and enjoying the rest of summer by going outside?

JFL then.

Attachments

• 202309162014.mp4
    1.5 MB
Read every single particle

Dnr

• +1
Reactions: GabachoCopium and Deleted member 28896
Dnr but i agree with the title tbh 👍

would unironically want this put in place tbh

• +1
Do you even have a single thread to your name that adds anything worthwhile to this forum? I could easily list a dozen of mine. There are also plenty of high-value threads that get slapped with a 'DNR,' Here's some:

So go ahead, show me your 'contribution,' if you can even call it that.
I’ve made a shitty race bait and breeding guide you’ve inspired me to make one more decent post

@TRUE_CEL
@Lorsss
@Preston
@Chad1212
@Kingkellz
@NumbThePain
@Gargantuan
@garoupilled_
@tyronelite
@emeraldglass
@AscendingHero
@0hMan
@enchanted_elixir
@SLA
@Alexanderr
Dnr nigger

Dnr (do not resuscitate)

Yep dnr spamming should be reserved for troll threads not serious stuff

I'm a nigger

post scriptum: it's not that most retards here have anything insightful to share anyway

9/10.......wait, 99/100 when someone responds with "dnr" they're lying. You know they read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back